[resolved]Input needed on hiding stars below the horizon

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

[resolved]Input needed on hiding stars below the horizon

by paramat » Post

Please see the issue https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/7920 and the pull request https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/7932
Please reply here in this forum thread if you are not on GitHub.

I need to assess how many people and servers are dependent on seeing the standard skybox stars below the horizon at night, so that i can decide whether an option is needed. I had two comments about the possible need for an option.
Last edited by paramat on Thu Dec 13, 2018 06:09, edited 1 time in total.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

Re: Input needed on hiding stars below the horizon

by Linuxdirk » Post

Will changing the stars rendering affect how the sunrise and sunset look like? Right now it's cut off which looks ugly if you're on a raised position (just a few nodes above 0 are enough).

If it affects this in a way that sunrise/sunset does not look cut of anymore than thumbs up from me. If it does not affect the cut-off sunset/sunrise then I don't care if the starts rendering is changed or not.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: [resolved]Input needed on hiding stars below the horizon

by paramat » Post

Sorry for the late reply.
> Will changing the stars rendering affect how the sunrise and sunset look like?
No.

This issue is resolved now, stars are now hidden below the horizon and no option is added yet.
Perhaps in future with improvements to sky an option for deep space / no ground, will be properly coded, i don't want to do this in a rushed and hacky way.

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

Re: [resolved]Input needed on hiding stars below the horizon

by Pyrollo » Post

paramat wrote:This issue is resolved now, stars are now hidden below the horizon and no option is added yet.
Perhaps in future with improvements to sky an option for deep space / no ground, will be properly coded, i don't want to do this in a rushed and hacky way.
I guess the best thing to go toward would be a fully parametrable sky (like stars y/n, sun y/n, moon y/n, color...)
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]