light range and light in the underground.

solars

light range and light in the underground.

by solars » Post

I wish, there will be a way to alter the light range.
To build realistic houses, you need a much bigger light range. 1 lamp should spend light for the whole room.

If there would be a way to alter the light range in the minetest.conf, it would be wonderful for more realistic buildings.

Code: Select all

light_range = 200
for 200% light range.

Another thing, what could be helpfull is to deactivate the calculation of light in the underground.

Code: Select all

dark_underground = 0
could deaktivate the calculation if a object is in the light or not. With this, in every room and cave are in normal daylight.

That were my wishes for new features. ;)
Last edited by solars on Sun Feb 03, 2019 20:41, edited 5 times in total.
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: Lightning range and lighning underground.

by sofar » Post

can you please correct your spelling and change "lightning" to "lighting", or even better, just write "light" everywhere?

Lightning is the meteorological phenomenon when electricity discharges from the atmosphere to the ground. Lighting is the generation of photons that you can detect with your eyes.

solars

Re: Lightning range and lighning underground.

by solars » Post

sofar wrote:can you please correct your spelling and change "lightning" to "lighting", or even better, just write "light" everywhere?
Done.
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage