What's the best material for making a space station?

Red_King_Cyclops

What's the best material for making a space station?

by Red_King_Cyclops » Sat Oct 12, 2019 20:57

I'm playing a world with several space mods enabled, and I plan to make a space station. However, I'm not sure what material to make it out of. Cobblestone would look out of place, and steel blocks would be expensive.
My best mods: space_travel, time_travel, and rocket.

runs

GitHub: runsy

Re: What's the best material for making a space station?

by runs » Mon Oct 14, 2019 15:59

Red_King_Cyclops wrote:I'm playing a world with several space mods enabled, and I plan to make a space station. However, I'm not sure what material to make it out of. Cobblestone would look out of place, and steel blocks would be expensive.

Aluminium.

v-rob

GitHub: v-rob

by v-rob » Tue Oct 15, 2019 01:12

If you find a silver sand biome, make a bunch of silver sandstone blocks. They look similar to, but nicer than steel (at least in my opinion) and are much cheaper once you find the biome.

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47

runs wrote:
Red_King_Cyclops wrote:I'm playing a world with several space mods enabled, and I plan to make a space station. However, I'm not sure what material to make it out of. Cobblestone would look out of place, and steel blocks would be expensive.

Aluminium.

That would be realistic, but there are only a few mods with aliminum.

v-rob wrote:If you find a silver sand biome, make a bunch of silver sandstone blocks. They look similar to, but nicer than steel (at least in my opinion) and are much cheaper once you find the biome.

I think I'll use silver sandstone blocks. They look right and, although I haven't found the biome, I have abundant silver sand from mining underground.
My best mods: space_travel, time_travel, and rocket.

Return to Feature Discussion