Vibrant Lighting

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

Re: Vibrant Lighting

by CalebJ » Post

https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/8964
I think this pull request will dramatically make the sky better (and possibly unique on every server?) and I'm waiting patiently for it to be merged.
Just changing the color won't do much in my opinion, because that other game as noted has shades to the sky.

runs

by runs » Post

Termos wrote:
runs wrote:I feel like the sky is better in Minecraft. I mean the blue color, in Minetest is most a gray blue.
Agreed.
Which one do you like better?

If you guys like it, I've got a PR ready to roll.
I love it!!!

Termos

by Termos » Post

CalebJ wrote:I think this pull request will dramatically make the sky better (and possibly unique on every server?) and I'm waiting patiently for it to be merged.
Just changing the color won't do much in my opinion, because that other game as noted has shades to the sky.
Lua sky interface is another thing, yes in the current state it is quite limited an needs improvement.
But there's also the default sky color hard coded in the engine, it's wrong hue imo, and I think it's a good idea for it not to be depressive, shades or not.
runs wrote:I love it!!!
However colors are quite tricky to do, I already noticed my sky looks too intense on my phone. Sure colors on phones may be cheated for marketing reasons, but probably I should desaturate it a bit further.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Is the water's color unchanged? The color of the water somewhat reflects the color of the sky IRL after all.

Termos

by Termos » Post

texmex wrote:Is the water's color unchanged? The color of the water somewhat reflects the color of the sky IRL after all.
Yes, water color is unchanged, I haven't touched it because it comes with MTG. I believe it's wrong hue as well and indeed, ideally it should be related to sky color, but it's a game/mod thing easily changed via custom texpacks.

For now I filled an issue: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/9449

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

texmex wrote:Is the water's color unchanged? The color of the water somewhat reflects the color of the sky IRL after all.
Note that this should be done in a way so that water in caves won't be affected by daylight cycles.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Maybe ideal would be for the sky color to be based on a texture by default rather than a color code. Then texture packs would be able to provide their own matching sky color…

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Now that'd be really cool, texmex!

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Tehre's always the skybox functionality available, but no-one knows or cares how to handle skybox-related issues.

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

texmex wrote:Maybe ideal would be for the sky color to be based on a texture by default rather than a color code. Then texture packs would be able to provide their own matching sky color…
This is what I was so wanting for my Ambiguity TP as the blue sky just ruins the overall effect.
A Wonderful World