Mods 2.0 - A Revolution [Concept]

runs

Re: Mods 2.0 - A Revolution [Concept]

by runs » Post

Last edited by runs on Wed Apr 07, 2021 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

You both are acting like children. Just let people have their ideas and opinions and not attack each other for it.

deleted c0a803ab

by deleted c0a803ab » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 19:21
You both are acting like children. Just let people have their ideas and opinions and not attack each other for it.
Yeah sure dude...
This user here shit posts about the work of contributers
runs wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 13:13
1) MTG has died. It has to be buried. Its mods are outdated, they have to be replaced by new ones.
runs wrote:
3) MT mods are boring and copy Minecraft. [...]
And roll out a bullshitbingo thread
runs wrote:
2) Cool mods. Coolness is important. [...]
[..] The revolution is coming. [...] My future mods [...] will be a revolution, they will be something big. Go prepare the fireworks now.
that has absolutely no other goal then telling the community how every other modder sucks except the threadopener.
I labeled him because of that and you call my childish?
Funny.Not.

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

So i take it runs is still completely insane...
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

voxel wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 19:58
philipbenr wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 19:21
Yeah sure dude...
This user here shit posts about the work of contributers
And roll out a bullshitbingo thread
that has absolutely no other goal then telling the community how every other modder sucks except the threadopener.
I labeled him because of that and you call my childish?
Funny.Not.
The forum protects users to express their opinions, regardless of how "wrong" we might perceive them be so long as they fall within forum guidelines. Attacking people on a basis of who they are is not allowed per rule 8. Runs did not do that. There is no mention of any person, or even modders as a whole in their post, only references to the mods themselves.

Saying that there are not good enough mods is allowed. It is entirely an opinion and relevant to the creator's mods, not to their person. And even if they did wish to take it to their person, Runs criticism is constructive (albeit vague) in that the mods Runs has seen are not as exciting and copycat other things. Once again, still an opinion. They can do with that criticism what they want: Take it or ignore it. And most people who are sane or are not insecure should ignore it imo.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

philipbenr wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 02:22
. And most people who are sane or are not insecure should ignore it imo.
i suggest you refrain from Insinuating that other members have mental health issues.
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

deleted c0a803ab

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25
philipbenr wrote:
i suggest you refrain from Insinuating that other members have mental health issues.
That's because of his "helpful" personality.
You can not add him to the foe list by the way (see attachment).
mt-forum_can_not_block_helpers.png
mt-forum_can_not_block_helpers.png (51.16 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
But there is written: "You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."
He is not a moderator and of course not an administrator.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

philipbenr wrote:
He never said that at all. He's saying that, in his opinion, all sane people should ignore this topic. That does not suggest that anyone here is insane or insecure in the slightest.
voxel wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 16:02
Incorrect, "helpers" are a sort of sub-moderator. They don't have all the privileges of full moderators, but they do moderate the forums and should be treated with respect because they are trusted enough to be invested with that position. That, in fact, is what philipbenr is trying to do here -- moderating this topic by stopping people from insulting each other's ideas, even if the other people don't agree with them. (I don't agree with this topic either in the slightest, but I let other people have their opinions.)
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

cuthbertdoublebarrel

voxel wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 16:02
philipbenr wrote:
That's because of his "helpful" personality.
You can not add him to the foe list by the way (see attachment).
mt-forum_can_not_block_helpers.png
But there is written: "You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list."
that is not on .so its just a throw away sock puppet account for the one who his calling the shots to hide behind .
Runs post are always fun .as runs is just full of beans. but things get lost in translation sometimes you know . Runs is far more fun than the acting nanny thats for sure ,

u18398

by u18398 » Post

I wish only half of the modders I saw the last six years here in Minetest would have been as creative and unique as Runs is. So anyone bashing on Runs just shut up and show only something that you can do it better. Or that you can do something useful at all.

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Gundul,

You know, trolls always think they are doing a service by being confrontational, sewing division like they are zero, and generally trying to disrupt things.

Those of us who've been around a while, regardless of our personal opinions about others, have come to accept and show gratitude to those who've contributed such quality content.

I like the "Put up or shut up!" mentality. It separates the men and women from the boys and girls on so many levels.

Thanks for your own contributions, hope you do stick around, even if in the shadows, lurking, like some of us.

:)
Shad

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Yeah, yeah I'm sure the bickering among user is a very interesting topic but I'm more interested in the original topic.
runs wrote:
1) MTG has died. It has to be buried. Its mods are outdated, they have to be replaced by new ones.
What do you mean by MTG has died? Are you proposing we abandon the project and start from scratch?

As LibraSubitilis said, so far the 'Mods 2.0' sounds more like a bunch of catchphrases than a real concept. Could you outline better what you are thinking newer mods should achieve for?
cdb_894a100ddd76

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

Minetest is nowhere near dead, and from what I see their are many cool and original mods out there as well as [games] to spark players' imagination.

deleted c0a803ab

TenPlus1 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 05:48
Minetest is nowhere near dead, and from what I see their are many cool and original mods out there as well as [games] to spark players' imagination.
*thumbsup*

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Runs was referring to minetest_game, which Is technically dead since it's now in support-only development. Hopefully it will be replaced at least (I'd rather there be no default game at all) but for now it's still the most used and most modded game.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

PolySaken wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 23:33
Runs was referring to minetest_game, which Is technically dead since it's now in support-only development. Hopefully it will be replaced at least (I'd rather there be no default game at all) but for now it's still the most used and most modded game.
There are some very popular games that are technically dead that continue to evolve via just mods .MTG is the most used and modded game due to people not wanting quirky subgames that are desperately trying not to be MTG . According to Reddit MTG was included by default due to popular demand . If it is still the most used and modded game then it should remain the default .

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Thu Apr 15, 2021 09:47
According to Reddit MTG was included by default due to popular demand
This is incorrect, MTG has been the default since it was created
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

cuthbertdoublebarrel

rubenwardy wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:47
Thu Apr 15, 2021 09:47
According to Reddit MTG was included by default due to popular demand
This is incorrect, MTG has been the default since it was created
hence why the removal of MTG was out voted by popular demand .
the majority are not interested in playing quirky subgames. seen the same scenario happen within other communities it did not end well for those dictators.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

of all the revolutionary new concepts for a mt-base-for-games that seem to be floating around has any actually a real improvement to offer? I mean we shouldn't replace concepts like mtg-default by things similar monolithic or gametype-specific if we ever decide to move forward.

It seems to me while new content might be put on hold nothing should prevent people willing to do the work from reorganizing mtg to serve better as a modding base or game core. Maybe with the more general part and earth-like-flora-fauna-physics-decorativ content more separated. Maybe the node-group system should be extendet and formalized enough so that mods can depend rather on node-groups than certain single nodes und thus be not so extremely dependent on mtg-default. Probably everything is allready all there, it just needs to be used more consiquently or effectivly and the code somewhat resorted. --- And of course publicised a lot more.

I must admit though, I haven't really looked at the code lately so I might be all wrong