NEW: Sammy Rating System

ywwv

Re: NEW: Sammy Rating System

by ywwv » Post

Didn't you just say all of this? Sorry but volume is not a replacement for contribution.... please respect the forum rules against flooding and spamming!

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

They're expanding on what they said previously. This is perfectly within the rules, as it's part of normal conversation
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

The post expresses no new ideas or information and simply repeats what was previously said (spamming) and makes it more difficult for people to continue to discuss new things by posting large walls of redundant text (flooding). It's not part of normal conversation in the same way that saying something, and then saying it again louder before getting a response is not part of a normal conversation.

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

ywwv wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 15:10
The post expresses no new ideas or information
The post says things not said previously, such as delving deeper into detail on the ambiguities, subjectivity, relationship between this and tags, and lack of ill will towards runs. It repeats some information, certainly, but only does so to elaborate on it further.

Regardless of opinion, the rules do say that "Moderators' decisions are final". Since rubenwardy said the post isn't spam, it therefore is not.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

v-rob wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 18:19
ywwv wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 15:10
The post expresses no new ideas or information
The post says things not said previously, such as delving deeper into detail on the ambiguities, subjectivity, relationship between this and tags, and lack of ill will towards runs. It repeats some information, certainly, but only does so to elaborate on it further.

Regardless of opinion, the rules do say that "Moderators' decisions are final". Since rubenwardy said the post isn't spam, it therefore is not.
I remember using a flip phone . you had to pay for text messages... it made people respect each other's time. only write new things, and as little as possible.

Does your post really convey anything new to this conversation? Why did you make it?

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

ywwv wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 19:19
Does your post really convey anything new to this conversation? Why did you make it?
I think it was quite clear. The post in question is not spam because a moderator said so. I wrote the post because you were claiming that it was spam even after the moderator said it was not. That is a perfectly good use of a post and your time to read it.

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

v-rob wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 20:29
ywwv wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 19:19
I think it was quite clear. The post in question is not spam because a moderator said so. I wrote the post because you were claiming that it was spam even after the moderator said it was not. That is a perfectly good use of a post and your time to read it.
what is "spam" is a subjective quality of an interaction- not an objective quality that is accredited by an authority figure. Echoing what is already known only drags down the conversation: but I understand your misunderstanding of subjectivity. Now that it has been corrected, please do not reply to me about this again.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

According to the rules, it is not spam. I am not speaking from opinion, but form the rules of the forum. You may see it as spam in your own opinion, which is fine, but the rules state it is not, and it will not be treated as such.

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

v-rob wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 21:21
According to the rules, it is not spam. I am not speaking from opinion, but form the rules of the forum. You may see it as spam in your own opinion, which is fine, but the rules state it is not, and it will not be treated as such.
I'm blocking you now. Do not interact with me in the future.

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

goats

by goats » Post

The escalation is predetermined and therefore instant, the hilarious levels of hypocrisy are calculated in advance.

runs

by runs » Post

Added a "Sammy Rating 18+"

It is for servers only. This rating does not necessarily imply that the policy of that server has that rating, but that they cannot ensure lower ratings.

- Target: +18 years old.
- It only applies for Minetest Servers.
- This rating does not necessarily imply that the policy of that server has that rating, but that it cannot be ensured a lower rating.
- The server could gross violence, apparently motiveless killing, or violence towards defenceless characters.
- The server could show glamorisation of the use of illegal drugs.
- The server could explicit sexual activity.

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Any content rating system issued by the content producer as opposed to a 3rd party (governmental or organization) is almost if not completely useless. Ultimately this system achieves nothing as unsupervised children will ignore it and it will likely be falsified to make a server look better.

It doesn't make it any less important for parents/guardians to verify the rating themselves by looking through the content if they think it's important, and in fact makes it easier for such contentious content to be exposed to children.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

runs

by runs » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 02:35
Any content rating system issued by the content producer as opposed to a 3rd party (governmental or organization) is almost if not completely useless. Ultimately this system achieves nothing as unsupervised children will ignore it and it will likely be falsified to make a server look better.

It doesn't make it any less important for parents/guardians to verify the rating themselves by looking through the content if they think it's important, and in fact makes it easier for such contentious content to be exposed to children.
Of course, parents are ultimately responsible.

But my rating is fine because whoever adopts it is already committed to something, in principle. Less is nothing.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

In reality your rating system just makes it easier for contentious content to be exposed to children because it creates a false sense that the content is somehow 'verified' or at least checked by a third party, when in fact the rating is given by the owner.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 21:36
In reality your rating system just makes it easier for contentious content to be exposed to children because it creates a false sense that the content is somehow 'verified' or at least checked by a third party, when in fact the rating is given by the owner.
there is already a third party . its the parents. I think this was already explained to you.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Perhaps you should reread messages before replying, in this instance the parents are the ones being assured and not the absent third party.

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 01:24
Perhaps you should reread messages before replying, in this instance the parents are the ones being assured and not the absent third party.
you would mean a "fourth party" . because the first party is the mod developer and the second party is the child and the third party are the parents. perhaps you should review counting and the order that numbers go in before embarrasing yourself further

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

I think I already told you not to talk back to me in a previous correspondence. so this is my ultimatum. if you continue I will. block you . a reply is not necessary so you will have to supress your desire to apologize to me and sit this one out

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

ywwv wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 02:41
I think I already told you not to talk back to me in a previous correspondence. so this is my ultimatum. if you continue I will. block you . a reply is not necessary so you will have to supress your desire to apologize to me and sit this one out
I really don't care

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 05:45
ywwv wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 02:41
I really don't care
you're seething. every time I make a post it is as if I have unturned a rock and watched many rats and other insect scurry back into the darkness.

PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Ok buddy

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

I have some mods spins that I keep internally which could probably use the rating warning, if I ever share them here. I'm the idiot who designed them and even so it gives me anxiety to play with them enabled.