some suggestions

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

some suggestions

by PolySaken » Post

I'm not familiar enough with the minetest codebase to make these changes myself as my exposure to c++ is limited to arduinos. I would normally make a pr for stuff like this but I'll have to hope someone else does it this time.
  • mapgen_limit is per-world, therefore should be included on the world creation menu. Having the setting for the default be hidden in the huge settings list is fine, but there should be an easier way for less experienced players to use it.
  • More of the graphics settings should be on the settings tab as opposed to being buried in yellow dropdowns. FOV is the main one I think should definitely be more apparent, but things like show_entity_selectionbox and selectionbox_width, not to mention fullscreen, should definitely be there as well. Perhaps multiple pages on the settings tab are needed, for graphics and audio and gameplay.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

runs

Re: some suggestions

by runs » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 01:30
I'm not familiar enough with the minetest codebase to make these changes myself as my exposure to c++ is limited to arduinos. I would normally make a pr for stuff like this but I'll have to hope someone else does it this time.
  • mapgen_limit is per-world, therefore should be included on the world creation menu. Having the setting for the default be hidden in the huge settings list is fine, but there should be an easier way for less experienced players to use it.
  • More of the graphics settings should be on the settings tab as opposed to being buried in yellow dropdowns. FOV is the main one I think should definitely be more apparent, but things like show_entity_selectionbox and selectionbox_width, not to mention fullscreen, should definitely be there as well. Perhaps multiple pages on the settings tab are needed, for graphics and audio and gameplay.
I would add: LANGUAGE SELECTOR. A lot of non native english speakers use the english version because they do not know.