Bush changing

Midnight
GitHub: MidnightPhantom
IRC: Dragon
In-game: Dragon_Abysss

Bush changing

by Midnight » Post

Basically I wanted to make the blueberry bush grow just like the other bushes, so I registered a node called "default:bluberry_bush_stem" and changed the schematic line to the same lines as their are for the other bushes, but the problem is it still keeps growing like before. So I wanted to ask how to spawn a blueberry bush stem simultaneously with the bush leaves while it is generated and as well as when a player spawns it.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: Bush changing

by Blockhead » Post

You'll need to change the decoration schematic to one that contains the bush stem node.

Use something like schemedit to edit minetest_game/mods/default/schematics/blueberry_bush.mts. Copy the schematic to a new subdirectory schematics of your world directory, load it with schemedit, make the changes and save back to disk, and copy back to your minetest_game directory.

That should change the bush for both world generation time and sapling growth as they both use the same schematic.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Midnight

by Midnight » Post

And well I request you to please go look at the mod posted by me, underground biomes, I need the code cause I don't know how to generate an underground biome perfectly with all the surfaces covered with air

Midnight

by Midnight » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 07:53
You'll need to change the decoration schematic to one that contains the bush stem node.

Use something like schemedit to edit minetest_game/mods/default/schematics/blueberry_bush.mts. Copy the schematic to a new subdirectory schematics of your world directory, load it with schemedit, make the changes and save back to disk, and copy back to your minetest_game directory.

That should change the bush for both world generation time and sapling growth as they both use the same schematic.
Thanks for telling otherwise I was really a goner

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

a BLUE BERRY bush

is a good Thing to have growing anywhere, i hope you got it figured out, i need some of those bushes

on my VERSION 7 map generator

Pro Superstar

by Pro Superstar » Post

Yup, had to learn this the hard way. Was trying to look into pine_tree.mts and decorations.lua, dreading to mod the schematic files purely in text through trial and error. schemedit has been very fun to use and requires much less testing! I recommend you use an existing stem node first before you add a custom one. But as a fellow newb, take this with a grain of salt.
cdb_29e0aa5fbf03

Midnight

by Midnight » Post

Pro Superstar wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 22:59
Yup, had to learn this the hard way. Was trying to look into pine_tree.mts and decorations.lua, dreading to mod the schematic files purely in text through trial and error. schemedit has been very fun to use and requires much less testing! I recommend you use an existing stem node first before you add a custom one. But as a fellow newb, take this with a grain of salt.
I have successfully made a new node and was able to spawn the bush with it

Pro Superstar

by Pro Superstar » Post

Stupendous! That's a sort of thing I'd like to try someday. How does it contrast to the existing bush stems? I'd guess it might have a different texture or wood byproduct in its final iteration.
cdb_29e0aa5fbf03

Midnight

by Midnight » Post

It is basically a greenish blue stem just like the leaves and is slightly thinner