Items Falling

GlenAmpersand

Items Falling

by GlenAmpersand » Post

I hope I'm not repeating previous posts, if I am, sorry.
Although items instantly being ported into your inventory will be immensely useful a lot of the time if you're just clearing the way or removing eyesores you might cause unnecessary baggage. I think there should be an option so you can turn off/on items falling after their block being broken, so you can switch between how minetest handles it and the way minecraft handles it. Maybe even a third option which stops items dropping at all?

Staffs

by Staffs » Post

Glen i agree. But disagree on third if nothing would drop how would you make a picaxe ? from wood ? But wood doesnt drop :D. So third option is just like creative mode :/
I love mods :D

kahrl

by kahrl » Post

@Staffs: It could be useful for survival maps. Let's say they start you out with an initial inventory and you have to complete the goal without picking anything up, this setting could be used to enforce that.

Staffs

by Staffs » Post

Hmm i see intersting idea !!
I love mods :D

Carive

by Carive » Post

I think an other way of "fixing" this problem is to create something like a shortcut : Select undesirable items and then click on the Trash shortcut, a confirmation message appears and ask you if you want to delete "%NAME%". (Also a good way to know an item's name)

Heinrich

by Heinrich » Post

ATM the workaround is to build a furnace and dump 6 stacks of items inside. Chests would work, too but I usually have way more stone than planks. Most of the time you or someone else can use the material later on so why waste it?