Vehicles

elemashine

Vehicles

by elemashine » Post

I think Minetest must have some vehicles like simple boats(guess crafted 1 boat block), which player can use for fast ride to another islands, or simple car for railway, but it means that freefly and fastspeed must be disabled. Please, if someone can do it, just do it - many players want it. Thank you

kddekadenz
GitHub: tinyworlds

by kddekadenz » Post

Sailships would be nice :)

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

I personally would like to see various railcars implemented. Like say a passenger "cart" a powered cart that once set off keeps going till it hits something (like a block or player) and maybe a storage cart (chest cart).
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

neko259

by neko259 » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:I personally would like to see various railcars implemented. Like say a passenger "cart" a powered cart that once set off keeps going till it hits something (like a block or player) and maybe a storage cart (chest cart).
And maybe some way of connecting the railcars? For example, if I want the powered cart to pull the other ones after it.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

neko259 wrote:
RAPHAEL wrote:I personally would like to see various railcars implemented. Like say a passenger "cart" a powered cart that once set off keeps going till it hits something (like a block or player) and maybe a storage cart (chest cart).
And maybe some way of connecting the railcars? For example, if I want the powered cart to pull the other ones after it.
Yea that would be pretty cool. If you seen the rails my friend built on my server you would see why railcars would be useful lol.

I'm curious if someone knows if carts can be done in a mod?
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

bwog

by bwog » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:
neko259 wrote:
Yea that would be pretty cool. If you seen the rails my friend built on my server you would see why railcars would be useful lol.

I'm curious if someone knows if carts can be done in a mod?
I don't know of any mods that add them.

xyz

by xyz » Post

You could possibly add a new entity, then some code that will attach player to this cart-entity (you can use on_rightclick, afaik)
Then the most interesting step - you need to detect in what direction cart should move.. maybe i will work on it
//And remember - carts will be sprites like DMs.
Oh, i forgot, i can now make visual=cube, so it will look like cube

elemashine

by elemashine » Post

xyz wrote:And remember - carts will be sprites like DMs.
If somebody can write this feature, it shall be very famous. xyz, if you really want to try this, just tell all requests that you need - textures with special dependencies, test servers on different platforms, etc... it is really must-have feature.

xyz

by xyz » Post

Just something to start with: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/522063/ (it should be placed into mods/vehicles)
Current restrictions: carts cannot move in Y-dimension, player will not be moved with cart, initial vector is just {1; 0}
How-to: build some railroad, stand above some rail, type "/spawnentity vehicles:cart" in chat, right-click on it

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

xyz wrote:Just something to start with: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/522063/ (it should be placed into mods/vehicles)
Current restrictions: carts cannot move in Y-dimension, player will not be moved with cart, initial vector is just {1; 0}
How-to: build some railroad, stand above some rail, type "/spawnentity vehicles:cart" in chat, right-click on it
lol nice little cart considering. However I noticed after sending it on its way it stopped before the rail ended and wouldn't move anymore lol.

It's amazing to see first starts of things you know will lead to more.

xyz

by xyz » Post

RAPHAEL wrote:
xyz wrote:Just something to start with: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/522063/ (it should be placed into mods/vehicles)
lol nice little cart considering. However I noticed after sending it on its way it stopped before the rail ended and wouldn't move anymore lol.

It's amazing to see first starts of things you know will lead to more.
could you attach your world folder contents?

xyz

by xyz » Post

I think we can continue discussion there

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

I remember building a fair big wooden sail ship in the other game along with a dock. Didn't go anywhere. I displaced the water for the hull. used logs and planks. Debated of putting an underwater rail to fake a moving ship but never got that far.

This would work for having a ferry though a pain to setup. Would require the ability to build off the end without falling off.

One thing missing is cloth for sails. Papyrus? It would have to become more available. Cotton?

Cars? That would mean building roads. ;)

---mike---