3D meshes for players and creatures [Models are now upstream!]

Mito551

by Mito551 » Post

wait, sfan made a build, didn't he? also, is it possible that i use blender and make a... uhmm.. "normal" and "unique" model?

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Regarding the headgear feature: The current model doesn't support that. It could be done, but it sounds best to wait for armor to be implemented so it can be linked with that (eg: Hats showing when you're wearing armor of some sort). Not sure how that would work out... I wasn't really aware that MC has a second head layer until recently. Don't see the point for it IMO, since you can simply texture the head to have these.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Okay, you might think I'm an idiot (which I am when it comes to this kinda stuff), but I need step-by-step on how to do this whole process, I have tried looking at the readme for steps on how to compile but it doesn't make sense to me.
So please, please you tell me how to do it, not send me to a link that'll tell me how.
If you guys don't wanna take time to give me step-by-steps I'll just wait for 0.4.4 to come out.
Thanks
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You say 3d characters are upstream, can players still choose 2d characters? Does the different texture thing work yet?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

rubenwardy wrote:You say 3d characters are upstream, can players still choose 2d characters? Does the different texture thing work yet?
Yes, people can use the 2D players. The default minetst_game sets the player to 3D, so if you dont have this game, you will see the old green guy.

MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

I posted some important patches on GIT today. One is for the code branch, where I forgot to set some material flags on meshes, causing them to not be affected by fog and alpha textures to not work. I also added support for hats so that MineCraft skins using them will be compatible as well. A sit animation has also been added as suggested by VanessaE, to be used by mods like carts or chairs. Hopefully these fixes will be merged upstream tomorrow.

[EDIT] I also fixed the death animation loop problem in that branch, by using a still frame for dead players. The animation is also now called lay instead of death, so it makes sense for other mods to use it (like beds).

https://github.com/MirceaKitsune/minete ... dels_flags

https://github.com/MirceaKitsune/minete ... yer_extras

Last edited by MirceaKitsune on Tue Nov 27, 2012 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Sorry about this stupid question but how do I use this?
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Chinchow: If you already have 0.4.4, 3D players are automatic. The hats/sitting/laying down stuff won't go in until a bit later.

Either grab the source code from Mircea's repositories and compile, or wait a couple of days for the hats/sit/laying stuff to get added to celeron55's mainline Minetest tree and for the build folks to get to it. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Sorry again I can't find 4.4
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Josh

by Josh » Post

Chinchow wrote:Sorry again I can't find 4.4
You can get it from Github, then compile it.

Josh

by Josh » Post

VanessaE wrote:Josh: That's the right one. Grab minetest_game from the usual spot: https://github.com/celeron55/minetest_game

Important: 0.4.4 is not network-compatible with 0.4.3, but your mods/textures/etc will still work. Keep a 0.4.3 build on hand for use on servers until they've been updated.
Awesome, i did it today! i really like the animated water. Watch out Minecraft, Minetest is growing fast.
Last edited by Josh on Tue Nov 27, 2012 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

What do I do at that page?
Josh wrote:
VanessaE wrote:Josh: That's the right one. Grab minetest_game from the usual spot: https://github.com/celeron55/minetest_game

Important: 0.4.4 is not network-compatible with 0.4.3, but your mods/textures/etc will still work. Keep a 0.4.3 build on hand for use on servers until they've been updated.
Awesome, i did it today! i really like the animated water. Watch out Minecraft, Minetest is growing fast.

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

Josh

by Josh » Post

davidpace wrote:What do I do at that page?
Josh wrote:

You click ZIP, It's up the top under the branch: master bar.

Josh

by Josh » Post

Now that we have 3d players, let's create 3d Oerkii's and Dungeon Master's that walk :)
Last edited by Josh on Tue Nov 27, 2012 04:17, edited 1 time in total.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I unzipped it, now what? (I am using Ubuntu right now)

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Sitting! Now we can make chairs :3

Edit: Should add a swimming animation too!
Last edited by jordan4ibanez on Tue Nov 27, 2012 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Josh

by Josh » Post

davidpace wrote:I unzipped it, now what? (I am using Ubuntu right now)
If you have gone to github and found minetest-master, compile that and put the minetest-game folder you unzipped into the games folder in your compiled minetest-master folder.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

How do I compile? And yes I looked at the readme file on github.
Josh wrote:
davidpace wrote:I unzipped it, now what? (I am using Ubuntu right now)
If you have gone to github and found minetest-master, compile that and put the minetest-game folder you unzipped into the games folder in your compiled minetest-master folder.
Last edited by davidpace on Tue Nov 27, 2012 04:28, edited 1 time in total.

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Post

The readme tells you how to compile, as well as the stuff you need to compile. Just keep reading.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

I have CMake, I just don't get how to do the stuff with the Source code, and whenever I try to it gives me a bunch of errors. And some of the stuff it says doesn't make sense
InfinityProject wrote:The readme tells you how to compile, as well as the stuff you need to compile. Just keep reading.
Last edited by davidpace on Tue Nov 27, 2012 04:51, edited 1 time in total.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

davidpace wrote:I have CMake, I just don't get how to do the stuff with the Source code, and whenever I try to it gives me a bunch of errors. And some of the stuff it says doesn't make sense
InfinityProject wrote:The readme tells you how to compile, as well as the stuff you need to compile. Just keep reading.
How far did you get? Which command gives what errors?
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Oh, just forget it, I will just wait for an official 0.4.4. thanks anyway
Menche wrote:
davidpace wrote:I have CMake, I just don't get how to do the stuff with the Source code, and whenever I try to it gives me a bunch of errors. And some of the stuff it says doesn't make sense
How far did you get? Which command gives what errors?

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

Josh wrote:Now that we have 3d players, let's create 3d Oerkii's and Dungeon Master's that walk :)
hey! i made an Oerkii and a DM some time ago, it still need to be texturized!

here: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 952#p19952
Last edited by Melkor on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

The changes I mentioned last night are upstream, please update to latest code and minetest_game. Skins with alpha channel as well as hats will now work.

lord_james

by lord_james » Post

Could it be possible add mesh like wielded object? And another entities?