3D meshes for players and creatures [Models are now upstream!]

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

just finished converting the secret agent from minetest war into the models sadly there was some quality loss.

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

sdzen

by sdzen » Post

And here is the ninja
Edit: Oh I forgot! if anyone wants more skins made ask me! I'm a bit rusty at making them but I remember the shtick.
Last edited by sdzen on Thu Nov 22, 2012 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

Zen S.D.

The next generation of tranquility!
malheureusement mon français n'est pas bon :<
Owner of the Zelo's
In game name: MuadTralk, spdtainted, sdzen, sd zen, sdzeno

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Could someone please give me simple step by step instructions on how to make it so I have these 3D player textures?
And yes I am a huge Noob with computer codes...
Taking a break for a while see ya guys!

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Post

Go to this:
https://github.com/MirceaKitsune/minetest/tree/models
Scroll down and you should see readme.txt which has information on how to compile.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

In some of my posts I will be putting "Secret" White sentences.. Tell me if you see them!!! :D

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Quick update before I go bed: I worked on the player script today and finished almost all the animations at last. Still need to tweak the sneak animation and implement the death one... likely doing that tomorrow. But for now, the player properly plays the standing, walking and mining animations when needed. Me and RealBadAngel tested this on his server, and he uploaded a video of it in action. See it over here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fwYiCgsfY8
Last edited by MirceaKitsune on Sun Nov 25, 2012 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

Josh

by Josh » Post

MirceaKitsune wrote:Quick update before I go bed: I worked on the player script today and finished almost all the animations at last. Still need to tweak the sneak animation and implement the death one... likely doing that tomorrow. But for now, the player properly plays the standing, walking and mining animations when needed. Me and RealBadAngel tested this on his server, and he uploaded a video of it in action. See it over here:

I watched the video, The player's animations look cool. Now we can kindly ask Celeron55 to implement this into minetest,
When he's ready of course.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

It's already implemented in Minetest :-) MiceaKitsunes version is a fork of it with all that nice 3d stuff integrated. You can download and compile it just like the main version. RealBadAngel has a testserver running where you can connect to (singleplayer doesn't make much sense here).
A list of my mods can be found here.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Push this into main minetest, finally, a real 3d player.
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

OdnetninI

by OdnetninI » Post

TO the core lf minetest, this is a very big advance

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

MirceaKitsune wrote:Quick update before I go bed: I worked on the player script today and finished almost all the animations at last. Still need to tweak the sneak animation and implement the death one... likely doing that tomorrow. But for now, the player properly plays the standing, walking and mining animations when needed. Me and RealBadAngel tested this on his server, and he uploaded a video of it in action. See it over here:

HELL YEAH!

MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Today, I can finally give the long awaited good news: Models are now in upstream! I worked with celeron55 and other developers for a few hours today to fix the final problems, and we got the last details solved. The code as well as the player script and model have been merged in c55 master, and are now part of default MineTest. Feel free to switch away from my GIT branches and update master on your servers so everyone else can use the models. All players will have the default mesh and texture automatically.

There is one more issue in the player script, which was small enough to be tolerated for now: Dead players loop the death animation infinitely. So while dead, they will permanently get up and fall to the ground which looks weird. This needs to be fixed with a timer in the script (which can roughly estimate when the animation has looped once on each client) then put the player at the final death animation frame. This will be a bit tricky but shouldn't be a huge problem.

Next focus is to get wielded items to show. For this we must spawn a lua entity for each player that joins the server (removing it once the player disconnects) and make it have the same appearance as the item the player is holding. Then just attach it to the player's right arm and it should be all good. Once these two things are done, all 3D player basics doable with the current code / Irrlicht capabilities have been implemented.
Last edited by MirceaKitsune on Sun Nov 25, 2012 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

jin_xi

by jin_xi » Post

yeah well done MirceaKitsune!

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Very nice job!
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Thanks everyone :)

Josh

by Josh » Post

I compiled the latest minetest-master version on Github, when i open it it says minetest 0.4.4 (Sound's like the right one!)
So where can i get the latest minetest-game?
Last edited by Josh on Mon Nov 26, 2012 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

VanessaE
GitHub: VanessaE
IRC: VanessaE
In-game: VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

Josh: That's the right one. Grab minetest_game from the usual spot: https://github.com/celeron55/minetest_game

Important: 0.4.4 is not network-compatible with 0.4.3, but your mods/textures/etc will still work. Keep a 0.4.3 build on hand for use on servers until they've been updated.
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

MirceaKitsune, I may have missed this part, but...can you also implement the headgear/hats thing seen in some Minecraft skins, as long as we're using that format and model shape by default? A few seem like they'd end up looking weird without this. :-)

Also, it works well with today's update of PilzAdam/sdzen's player_textures mod - everyone can have their own 3d model skins on a given server if the admin wants. :-)
You might like some of my stuff: Plantlife ~ More Trees ~ Home Decor ~ Pipeworks ~ HDX Textures (64-512px)

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Sooo, I have to reinstall the game and I get these meshes?

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

VanessaE wrote:MirceaKitsune, I may have missed this part, but...can you also implement the headgear/hats thing seen in some Minecraft skins, as long as we're using that format and model shape by default? A few seem like they'd end up looking weird without this. :-)

Also, it works well with today's update of PilzAdam/sdzen's player_textures mod - everyone can have their own 3d model skins on a given server if the admin wants. :-)
Yay!

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

Great!

Compiled nice on my OSX 10.6, but I haven't tried multiplayer yet so I haven't seen any 3D guys.

VanessaE

by VanessaE » Post

davidpace: just update to the latest 0.4.4 git. Celeron55 just pushed a few commits that fix the 0.4.3 backward-incompatibility too.

0.4.4 can now connect to an 0.4.3 server.

OmniStudent

by OmniStudent » Post

VanessaE wrote:davidpace: just update to the latest 0.4.4 git. Celeron55 just pushed a few commits that fix the 0.4.3 backward-incompatibility too.

0.4.4 can now connect to an 0.4.3 server.
Confirmed! Just connected to Redcrab.

davidpace

by davidpace » Post

Hold up.... Where do I download the 0.4.4?

Calinou
GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Post

It's not released yet.
https://github.com/celeron55/minetest
https://github.com/celeron55/minetest_game

You'll have to download the source of minetest and minetest_game (put that folder in the "games" folder), you'll also have to compile minetest yourself.