P.S dont be mad ok? just some suggestions

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

What do you mean by "Animations"?

Nisi

by Nisi » Post

PilzAdam wrote:What do you mean by "Animations"?
Maybe he thinks about dancing, sitting, sleeping, etc. The typical stuff you are able to do in most MMO(RPG)s.
clarksallador wrote:This is what i think minetest lacks:
-Animations
-More darker texture
-Goals
-Sprinting
-Real mobs on the game
Animations: If you think about character animations, this wouldn't make much sense, because we can't switch to 3rd person. I'd like animations though.
More darker texture: You can easily make your own textures - even with paint. Be creative, make your own dark textures.
Goals: You can set yourself so many goals. There are Minetest maps like SkyBlocks. You have a challenge there. Don't really know what kind of goals you are looking for. Quests, Achievements?
Sprinting: There is the fast privilege. I think this is fast enough :3
Real mobs on the game: The current mob mods are slowing down the server a lot. I'm not a big fan of mobs in Minetest, but an improvement here would be great, I agree.
Last edited by Nisi on Wed Sep 25, 2013 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

BlauerEisRegen

by BlauerEisRegen » Post

I think more animations would be great, because while playing multiplayer it seems very... crazy because the charakter looks always the same way...
BTW: More sound would be great! what about adding a real minetest theme song?
But I mean adding this in the default game?!

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

BlauerEisRegen wrote:I think more animations would be great, because while playing multiplayer it seems very... crazy because the charakter looks always the same way...
BTW: More sound would be great! what about adding a real minetest theme song?
But I mean adding this in the default game?!
Been there. Done that.

nolan

by nolan » Post

clarksallador wrote:This is what i think minetest lacks:
-Animations
-More darker texture
-Goals
-Sprinting
-Real mobs on the game
Animations -- That is actually something i have been looking forward too, things such as dancing, waving, or other.
More darker texture -- I don't like this idea, my eyes are very bad lol, and I wanted to raise my CP brightness just so I could play.
Goals-- I think Goals/Achievments would be nice, but like Evergreen said, u can set them for yourself.
Sprinting if u type /privs u can check and see if u have a priv called *fast*, if u have *fast* priv u can hold E while walking and then u will be sprinting, or fasting
Real mobs in the game -- there is a mob mod, u can download that and add it to your server.
Here is a link to the mobs mod and u can simply download it and install it to a world-----viewtopic.php?id=3063
Last edited by nolan on Thu Sep 26, 2013 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

onpon4
GitHub: onpon4
In-game: diligentcircle

by onpon4 » Post

For music, there's the ambience mod. Yeah, it would be nice if it was in the default game, but I think that mod is kind of heavy for some reason, so it would need to be made more lightweight. Some people also might not like having music.

fraang

by fraang » Post

Animations: I think that is nice idea! It enables the player to express themself in a visual way instead of just plain text. The question is: How do you implement it? You have to modify the character.x (keyframing animation) and the actual code to play them whenever wanted. The problem here is character.x can only specified once. It is not possible to add/append animations in different places. This leads to conflicts like "character.x A (+ waving ani) overrides character.x B (+ sitting ani)". It would be also hard to find out wich character.x file is currently used and wich one is overwriten. So you have to combine all animations in one single version/mod. But like I said I like the idea to bring some expression to player characters!

More darker textures: Just use a texture pack. ;-)

Goals: To provide a framework for implementing in-game goals shouldn't harm. Things like triggering events and modifying entities, etc. Is this already possible?

Sprinting: This one depends very much on the gameplay style/game. In my opinion there should be a way to ajust the speed and privilage in a game. So a game A can set its speed and privs to fit the gameplay and so does every ohter game without have to fiddle around with the config file for every game switch.

Real mobs in the game: If I am not mistaken there is at least work going on in the git repo. I think have read some commits about a mob framework incl. the AI part. Or am I misstaken?

EDIT:
Music: Just play music to your liking in the background with the music player of your choice. ;-)
Last edited by fraang on Fri Sep 27, 2013 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

"Real mobs" is a bit ambiguous. What is a real mob? Arent all mobs fake since there are not living and in real life? Does them being in lua make them not real? (Rhetorical questions)

C++ mobs would be much more accurate.

Achievements
Suggest more achievements in the above thread.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Fri Sep 27, 2013 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

nolan

by nolan » Post

onpon4 wrote:For music, there's the ambience mod.
Yes, and there is also youtube in the backround :) lol
onpon4 wrote:Yeah, it would be nice if it was in the default game, but I think that mod is kind of heavy for some reason, so it would need to be made more lightweight. Some people also might not like having music.
I do not think having it in the default game would be nice, and here is my argument -- [1] Some people do not like listening to music, as you said, they like to hear themselves breaking blocks or other stuff. [2] I have played a game with music in the background, and let me say, every day of the same tone can get just a bit annoying, I just bring up my own music on youtube
fraang wrote: Goals: To provide a framework for implementing in-game goals shouldn't harm. Things like triggering events and modifying entities, etc. Is this already possible?
Yes, some people like having things to accomplish, but do not want to make them up, maybe they want actual things that they cn accomplish and get a title achievement.
Last edited by nolan on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

For the sprinting I have code that does a 1.5 speed increase with a double forward tap. https://github.com/jojoa1997/overcraft_ ... t/init.lua
Spoiler

Code: Select all

player_running_physics = {}
minetest.register_globalstep(function(dtime)
    for _,player in ipairs(minetest.get_connected_players()) do
        --local pos = player:getpos()
        --print(dump(player:get_player_control().up))
        if player:get_player_control().up == true and player_running_physics[player:get_player_name()] == nil then
            minetest.after(0.05, function()
                if player:get_player_control().up == false then
                    minetest.after(0.05, function()
                        if player:get_player_control().up == true then
                            player:set_physics_override(1.5, 1, 1)
                            player_running_physics[player:get_player_name()] = true
                            print("test1")
                        end
                    end)
                end
            end)
        elseif player:get_player_control().up == false and player_running_physics[player:get_player_name()] == true then
            --minetest.after(0.2, function()
                if player:get_player_control().up == false then
                    player_running_physics[player:get_player_name()] = nil
                    player:set_physics_override(1, 1, 1)
                    print("test2")
                end
            --end)
        end

end
end)
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

BlauerEisRegen

by BlauerEisRegen » Post

onpon4 wrote:For music, there's the ambience mod. Yeah, it would be nice if it was in the default game, but I think that mod is kind of heavy for some reason, so it would need to be made more lightweight. Some people also might not like having music.
yeah, but when music is added you could turn only themusic off, not all sound of the game?