Yellowstone

sosolal
GitHub: sosolal
IRC: sosolal
In-game: sosolal

Yellowstone

by sosolal » Post

In the original proprietary and unethical Minecraft, there was redstone. Minetest need YELLOWSTONE!
-A yellowstone ore drops yellowstone dust.
-In combining yellowstone and iron, we have yellowire! Yellowire can be putted on the floor or on other yellowires. Yellowires transfer yellowstone flux.
-If we put in the crafting table an horizontal line of three irons and an horizontal line of three yellowstone dusts on, we have... Yellowstone diodes! They works like wire but are diodes too : they block the yellowstone flux in the wrong direction!
-With the crafting table fulled of yellowstone diodes, the result is... Yellowstone timer! The flux enter in the timer and get out 0.001 seconds later!
-With a torch and a yellowstone dust on in the crafting table, we have... A noblock! This block generate yellowstone flux except if it's powered.
-We need... Pushers (an arm get out of the pusher and push blocks when the pusher is powered. can be sticky, in this case the block returns to the "pusher", which allows players to make diabolical traps, <sarcastic laugh>!).
-And if doors can be powered for open it automatically... And special doors which cannot be openned, just powered?
-Buttons, levers, players detectors, dropped items detectors, items-in-chest detectors... A variety of detectors which generates flux!
In the original proprietary and unethical Minecraft, there was command blocks. Minetest need LUA Block!
A block accessable only in Creative Mode and which... Permit to script the game in LUA! The LUA script will be executed when the block will be powered. Also, why not :
-Python Block
-Perl Block
-Lisp Block
-Ruby Block
-C++ Block
-JavaScript Block
:)

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

Re: Yellowstone

by Jordach » Post

sosolal wrote:In the original proprietary and unethical Minecraft, there was redstone. Minetest need YELLOWSTONE!
-A yellowstone ore drops yellowstone dust.
-In combining yellowstone and iron, we have yellowire! Yellowire can be putted on the floor or on other yellowires. Yellowires transfer yellowstone flux.
-If we put in the crafting table an horizontal line of three irons and an horizontal line of three yellowstone dusts on, we have... Yellowstone diodes! They works like wire but are diodes too : they block the yellowstone flux in the wrong direction!
-With the crafting table fulled of yellowstone diodes, the result is... Yellowstone timer! The flux enter in the timer and get out 0.001 seconds later!
-With a torch and a yellowstone dust on in the crafting table, we have... A noblock! This block generate yellowstone flux except if it's powered.
-We need... Pushers (an arm get out of the pusher and push blocks when the pusher is powered. can be sticky, in this case the block returns to the "pusher", which allows players to make diabolical traps, <sarcastic laugh>!).
-And if doors can be powered for open it automatically... And special doors which cannot be openned, just powered?
-Buttons, levers, players detectors, dropped items detectors, items-in-chest detectors... A variety of detectors which generates flux!
In the original proprietary and unethical Minecraft, there was command blocks. Minetest need LUA Block!
A block accessable only in Creative Mode and which... Permit to script the game in LUA! The LUA script will be executed when the block will be powered. Also, why not :
-Python Block
-Perl Block
-Lisp Block
-Ruby Block
-C++ Block
-JavaScript Block
:)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=628

sosolal

by sosolal » Post

cool mod :D
i think : why not integrate it in the game?

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

sosolal wrote:cool mod :D
i think : why not integrate it in the game?
Modern minetest_game is no longer developed, so you'll have to do that part yourself...

sosolal

by sosolal » Post

why it's no longer developed? if the engine is still developed, why not the game?

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

sosolal wrote:why it's no longer developed? if the engine is still developed, why not the game?
lots of games are actively developed for the minetest_engine. Look at the games section of this forum. The minetest_game that comes bundled with the Minetest download is there to give players something to start with and to serve as basis for own developments of future games. The minetest_game is not dropped but feature frozen. There is an ongoing discussion to add more different "games" to the download in the future.

sosolal

by sosolal » Post

What's the difference between the engine and the game? What can I change if I change the game, and will I need to change the engine?

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

sosolal wrote:What's the difference between the engine and the game? What can I change if I change the game, and will I need to change the engine?
If you change the game you are e.g. changing the mechanics of e.g. furnaces, adding new nodes, editing the node textures, ...
If you change the engine you are e.g. adding new functions to the Lua API, adding new database backends, creating a new drawtype (= way nodes are drawn), ...
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

sosolal wrote:What's the difference between the engine and the game? What can I change if I change the game, and will I need to change the engine?
The engine is nothing you can see (to put it unlegally simple ;-))
Everything you see is supplied by the game
The game needs the engine to do that and to offer most of the gameplay

go to the games section of the forum and download something interesting there.

Read the Wiki pages about Games and Installing games

You may also find this list interesting.

Read and follow this thread: "Vote for games to be bundled with Minetest"

and read some of the entrys in this thread: "minetest_game will no longer be developed"

sosolal

by sosolal » Post

How create a new game?

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

sosolal wrote:How create a new game?
easiest way:
  • locate the minetest/games/ folder in your installation (location may vary depending on operating system such as Linux or Windows and installation type such as "run_in_place" or some type of global)
  • make a folder like "mygame" in the games folder.
  • make a folder "mods" in the mygames folder.
  • copy the contents of minetest_game into the new mods folder
  • dump some other mods into that
  • place a text file called game.conf into your "mygame" folder and write into it a line like

Code: Select all

game = mygame
    , were "mygame" is the name of the game
  • done
  • find out if it works
  • might not, so start tweaking
  • and add mods missing
  • and add a mygame/menu folder - put some graphics called "header" and "icon" into that
  • more tweaking and testing
  • fix recipe clashes
  • things getting difficult
  • learn LUA to tweak mods better
  • wont work? -> write own mods to address the problems
  • oops things are not so easy anymore
edit: took me a while to notice all my mistakes ;-)
Last edited by twoelk on Sat Apr 26, 2014 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

sosolal

by sosolal » Post

Without laugh.
I've tried and Minetest developers are incompetent. They do not understand how create comments. I f**k them.

twoelk

by twoelk » Post

sosolal wrote:...
They do not understand how create comments.
by all means, pleeeeeeease change that and write better comments - you may help us all.

as far as I know fucking anybody/thing will not solve any of these issues

tinoesroho

by tinoesroho » Post

twoelk wrote:
by all means, pleeeeeeease change that and write better comments - you may help us all.

No, but it would make the core devs a little happier!

HeroOfTheWinds
GitHub: HeroOfTheWinds
IRC: WindHero

by HeroOfTheWinds » Post

twoelk wrote:

Whenever I myself understand the code and what it does (i.e., when I'm not modding someone else's hyper-advanced uncommented mod) I always try to put at least simple comments in. You always can ask a modder to explain a section of their code as well, and maybe they will go and put some comments in. I would be willing to.... within reason, of course. No sense commenting something obvious like newpos ={...} --store a new position, duh
Nam ex spatio, omnes res venire possunt.
Why let the ground limit you when you can reach for the sky?
Back to college now, yay for sophomore year schedules. :P