Wishes for Minetest 0.4.11 (or 0.5)

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

I wish that swimming in lava makes the hud red, too.
Attachments
screenshot_33977037.png
(39.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lansney
In-game: lansney

Re: Wishes for Minetest 0.4.11 (or 0.5)

by lansney » Post

I don't know if this relativity exist but, a client side lua API , to give advantage of a bunch of mod to do only specific calculation on client side only ( think about immersive sound mod for exemple....)
MT > MC

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

for big sound and music files you can use the sound pack folder

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lansney

by lansney » Post

Ok , then how to tell server to download file only into the resource pack folder ? Because , the goal here is that the client wouldn't need to manually put file into resource pack ...
MT > MC

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

lansney wrote:Ok , then how to tell server to download file only into the resource pack folder ? Because , the goal here is that the client wouldn't need to manually put file into resource pack ...
You would need to be allowed to let the server tell the client to download a specific file and save it at a specific destination. You could let the client have to decide himself if he allows doing this. Show him the wanted destination (with the filename), the file size and the file type.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lansney

by lansney » Post

But , I'm little confused ... I'm sorry...

If I just want to load sound only client sided which is download from server like any other mod file , BUT only loaded client side , ( I wanted to use this with ambient sound mod for eg.)
MT > MC

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

lansney wrote:But , I'm little confused ... I'm sorry...

If I just want to load sound only client sided which is download from server like any other mod file , BUT only loaded client side , ( I wanted to use this with ambient sound mod for eg.)
there's a pull request for this, l think
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/1869

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lansney

by lansney » Post

ho nice thank you, yep it could do this I think, can't wait to have this pull request accepted !

( Off topic qustion, but, just why there are so pull request which are didn't accepted to be merged ? 'cause lot of them are really cool and can boost minetest a lot ! )
MT > MC

benedict56

by benedict56 » Post

I would really love it if you can add mobs like pigs,sheeps,zombies,spiders,horses,cows or creeper

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

benedict56 wrote:I would really love it if you can add mobs like pigs,sheeps,zombies,spiders,horses,cows or creeper
Sheep, zombies and spiders already exist. You only need to donload and enable a mod which contains those.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

TenPlus1
GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

benedict56: go here, download and install mod, enable mod in world:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

benedict56 wrote:I would really love it if you can add mobs like pigs,sheeps,zombies,spiders,horses,cows or creeper
Please remember that minetest wants to be a basic game and allow the player the freedom to choose what they want in the game. That is why mobs are a mod and not a part of the game.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

benedict56

by benedict56 » Post

Krock wrote:
Sheep, zombies and spiders already exist. You only need to donload and enable a mod which contains those.
i want them in the unmoddet minetest

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

benedict56 wrote:
Krock wrote:
i want them in the unmoddet minetest
Most people don't like using mods? I don't think there will be any mobs in the base game any time soon. Don't dislike something just because it is a mod.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Inocudom wrote:ou only need to donload and
Most people don't like using mods? I don't think there will be any mobs in the base game any time soon. Don't dislike something just because it is a mod.
l dislike minetest_game, it doesn't make enough sense to me. You can make rails but no carts, flowers are about 0.5m high,…

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lansney

by lansney » Post

+1111 to hybrid dog! it's exacttly what i said in one post before, the game really need to be better structurated to be really much more playable !
MT > MC

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

lansney wrote:+1111 to hybrid dog! it's exacttly what i said in one post before, the game really need to be better structurated to be really much more playable !
thanks
l made a little list for changes:
http://wiki.minetest.net/User:HybridDog ... _realistic

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

lansney

by lansney » Post

Yea i saw your list and I'm pretty agree with 99 % of things ...
A and I remember when and where I post something about this :viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9172&sid=ccf7fbd7cf ... &start=375
MT > MC

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: Gael-de-Sailly
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly Ginkgoo

by Gael de Sailly » Post

Minetest 0.4.11 is released !
So your wishes for 0.4.11 were your wishes for Christmas !
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

jogag
GitHub: jogag
IRC: jogag
In-game: jogag

Re: Wishes for Minetest 0.4.13 (or 0.5)

by jogag » Post

Kilarin wrote:There are several mods that use use the strategy of replacing an item in inventory in order to change the image for a tool. Screwdriver, clock, the compasses, bridgetool, etc. It's a hack, and a clumsy one in my opinion.

What I wish the brilliant devs could figure out how to do would be to allow a mod to override the image for a particular tool without having to replace it. It would be trivial to do it for the whole class of tools, but we need a way to modify the image for the particular compassgps, clock, or screwdriver that one player is carrying and not for every compassgps, clock or screwdriver in the game. And I'm afraid that might be complicated.
This is my first post!
(0.4.11 was released, these are wishes for 0.4.13 or 0.5!)

I want to allow mods to replace textures (and other properties!) of a single node without changing the node definition. Example:

Code: Select all

-- A tool to change textures
minetest.register_tool("mymod:tex_change", {
 description = "Node Texture Changer",
 inventory_image = "default_wood.png^default_mese_sword.png",
 wield_image = "default_mese_pick.png",
 on_place = function(pos)
  -- a thing like this
  minetest.set_node_properties(pos, {
   tiles = {"default_wood.png"},
   sounds = default.node_sounds_wood_defaults(),
  })
 end,
}
-- When you click a node with this tool, it changes its texture to wood,
-- but without changing the node. This means the node ID will NOT change, and params and metadata
-- will be preserved, together with node events.
This can be used by e.g. technic mod, to change battery boxes textures without swapping nodes.

Another thing I want is adding more options to the fencelike drawtype. Many mods (including the built-in xpanes mod) use custom nodeboxes for fences, and they need to connect them manually, increasing the server lag.
An example:

minetest.register_node("mymod:glass_pane", {
 description = "Glass Pane",
 tiles = {"default_glass.png"},
 drawtype = "fencelike",
 node_box = {
  center = {
   type = "fixed",
   fixed = {...},
  },
  left = {...},
  right = {...},
  [...]
 },
 [...]
})
And now an important thing to add to MT: multiple dimensions in a single world.
Mods can add their dimensions to a world, and players can be teleported between dimensions.
Here's another example:

-- Add the Nether
minetest.register_dimension("nether", {
 description = "The Nether",
 default = false, -- if true players and entities are automatically teleported here
 [...] -- some mapgen options here, like minetest.register_biome(...)
})

minetest.register_chatcommand("nether", {
 params = "",
 description = "Teleport to the Nether",
 func = function(name, param)
  -- you can also teleport mobs and other entities!
  minetest.get_player_by_name(name):setdimension("nether")
  return true, "Teleported to the Nether"
 end,
})
-- Type "/nether" in the chat to teleport to the new dimension
The last things I wish are the ability to take screenshots by mods and an event to detect key pressing of ANY KEY (e.g. a mod can show an HUD map when you press M key).

I think the most complicated thing is the screenshot capability via mod, because you need to make something to give the image to the clients if needed.

gravelman
In-game: gravelman

by gravelman » Post

+1 jogag
Hopp Schwizz!

AccidentallyRhine

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Don wrote:
Please remember that minetest wants to be a basic game and allow the player the freedom to choose what they want in the game. That is why mobs are a mod and not a part of the game.
So then why are players forced to have torches or plants or farming? Why are they forced on players who may not want them by default? Why discriminate against the idea of wildlife?
xWzyMP8HoXkGdqgxyKQ0yJXnXZzhYtln

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Creepers, Zombies, and giant spiders are not wildlife, and i would not want them to be in default by any means other than a subgame.

MT_Game is meant to be a base, but a complete base. If all mods depended on one mod, shouldn't that be in default?
Social: YouTube Peertube Matrix Room: #minetest:matrix.org | Games: The Infinite IKEA

Ferk
GitHub: Ferk

by Ferk » Post

lansney wrote:I don't know if this relativity exist but, a client side lua API , to give advantage of a bunch of mod to do only specific calculation on client side only ( think about immersive sound mod for exemple....)
Really? The Lua API is completely server-side?

I understand now the performance problems. I thought that there were both client and server elements in the Lua mods...

I would have expected the server to send some Lua code from the custom mods to the client so that the client does its own processing and frees the server from sending constant updates that can be done client-side. Or to do some processing themselves that doesn't require the server to check for (like checking what ambient sounds to play).

Also there's no client-side prediction for mobs behavior? No wonder the mobs are slow, I guess there are a lot of messages getting sent every time a mob moves at random, even though it could have been perfectly calculated by the client just by having the random seed and the code from the mob behavior. If there's no other player in the server and the world chunks have already been transmitted then messages should only be needed for making sure there's synchronization and that the player is not cheating (so it should be mostly the player sending data and the server answering only when there's a special case).
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

It looks like the devs ARE busy...picking candidates for 0.4.13! I wouldnt whine about the devs not giving you features you want NOW when theyre busy perfecting the next stable release. Lets face it; theyre not adding new features to 0.4.13.
I test mines.