Wishes for Minetest 0.4.11 (or 0.5)

TheEpicJames
IRC: TheEpicJames
In-game: Block_Guy
Location: Some grassy area next to a forest, a river and a desert.

Re: Wishes for Minetest 0.4.11 (or 0.5)

by TheEpicJames » Post

A 3D hand, (like in first person) (maybe even make it overlap items? {like have instad of a floating pickaxe, a hand holding a pickaxe})
less inventory/block lag,
gold tools,
no desert stuff, (desert stone, desert sand, desert cobblestone, and desert stone bricks)
better player animations, (I mean the way the player mines...)
moving head on player,
a better chat GUI, (like make it look like the inventory)
64X64 skins, (I know this is a Minecraft 1.8 feature, but a made a super cool skin and I want to use it in Minetest)
3D items in hand,
better way to find stuff in the creative inventory, (like a search bar or item tabs like in minecraft)
skin support, (like maybe have a tab in the main menu that says "skins" and you put a skin URL there)
better main menu, (I think it looks like crap, no offense)
oculus rift support,
offical mobile edition,
and probbaly many more, I know this is a lot.
EDIT: added more
I'm honestly not sure why I had "I like PIE." in my signature when I don't even really like it that much.

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

Something Bukkit like.
I'm honestly not sure why I had "I like PIE." in my signature when I don't even really like it that much.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

TheEpicJames wrote:..lots of wishes...
are you sure you don't just want a pretty faithfull Minecraft-clone?
I mean getting rid of desert stuff is a rather strange request. Most MC people request stuff known from MC and more on top of that while you seem to want to get rid of stuff unique to Minetest but unknown in MC.

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

twoelk wrote:I mean getting rid of desert stuff is a rather strange request.
This, is why I dont like the desert stuff, it just takes up more space in my inv and I can't craft a "desert stone pickaxe" or a "desert stone axe".
Last edited by TheEpicJames on Thu Sep 25, 2014 03:57, edited 1 time in total.

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

twoelk wrote:are you sure you don't just want a pretty faithfull Minecraft-clone?
"A 3D hand, (like in first person) (maybe even make it overlap items? {like have instad of a floating pickaxe, a hand holding a pickaxe})"
"oculus rift support"
Everything in bold does not exist in MC.

veriaqa

by veriaqa » Post

TheEpicJames wrote:A 3D hand, (like in first person) (maybe even make it overlap items? {like have instad of a floating pickaxe, a hand holding a pickaxe})
no desert stuff, (desert stone, desert sand, desert cobblestone, and desert stone bricks)
You want to get rid desert stuff on base that it took too much spaces but you want an animation of hand holding stuffs? Do you realize the irony? Do you really just want an exact copy of Minecraft?
TheEpicJames wrote: gold tools
Gold is too soft of ametal to be made into tools.
TheEpicJames wrote: ... I know this is a Minecraft 1.8 feature ... like in minecraft)
Yep, pretty clear that.

Rochambeau

by Rochambeau » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Rochambeau wrote:
lag01 wrote: Here is very advanced tool to remap keys/buttons: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoHotkey
Since I am not using Windows, is there a Linux equivalent?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=linux+equivalent+of+autohotkey
Thank you very much, never heard of Google before...

Of course I did a Google search, but all the results are about the automatisation/macro functionality. Not about remapping keys.

But thanks for trying to help. Though you really didn't.

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

TheEpicJames: Minetest already supports HD player textures up to pretty much any size... I have been using HD skins on Xanadyu server since 0.4.8

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

Rochambeau wrote:Of course I did a Google search, but all the results are about the automatisation/macro functionality. Not about remapping keys.

But thanks for trying to help. Though you really didn't.
xdotool is a similar tool that has similar functionality.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

TheEpicJames wrote:...
it just takes up more space in my inv and I can't craft a "desert stone pickaxe" or a "desert stone axe"
you can't ?

well I love using them for their decorative value, especially for nice red roofs ;-)

Minetestforfun
GitHub: MinetestForFun
IRC: MinetestForFun
In-game: MinetestForFun

by Minetestforfun » Post

We need write and read UTF-8 characters !

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

TheEpicJames wrote:gold tools,
Ok, how about this, a use for gold.

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

TenPlus1 wrote:TheEpicJames: Minetest already supports HD player textures up to pretty much any size... I have been using HD skins on Xanadyu server since 0.4.8
I mean this: Image

Esteban
In-game: Esteban

by Esteban » Post

TheEpicJames wrote:
TenPlus1 wrote:TheEpicJames: Minetest already supports HD player textures up to pretty much any size... I have been using HD skins on Xanadyu server since 0.4.8
What is that? Sorry if I do not get it, but I don't play MC. Can you explain why it looks like a repeated texture?
Scan avatar or click here to read a Message of Hope (PDF)

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

veriaqa wrote:
TheEpicJames wrote:A 3D hand, (like in first person) (maybe even make it overlap items? {like have instad of a floating pickaxe, a hand holding a pickaxe})
You want to get rid desert stuff on base that it took too much spaces but you want an animation of hand holding stuffs? Do you realize the irony?
well then how about this, desert tools.
veriaqa wrote:Do you really just want an exact copy of Minecraft?
Umm no? I don't want: zombies, endermen, skeletons, potions, the nether, the end, giant spiders that kill you in the night, creepers, guardians, the killer rabbit, zombie pigmen, ghasts, enchanting, and cave spiders.

TheEpicJames

by TheEpicJames » Post

Esteban wrote:
TheEpicJames wrote:
What is that? Sorry if I do not get it, but I don't play MC. Can you explain why it looks like a repeated texture?
Beause... head, head overlay, right arm, right arm overlay, left arm, left arm overlay, body, body overlay, right leg, right leg overlay, left leg, left leg overlay, meaning that the whole player has a second layer, and the arms have different textures.

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

It's the 1.8 format that has a secondary layer, like clothes.

Eg, t-shirt then a jacket on top.

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

I wish Minetest 0.5 would rid of that god-awful inventory and block lag. I'ts annoying as hell to try and craft a pickaxe, then have all the materials you just put into crafting jump back into your inventory, and jump back into the crafting grid 10 seconds later.
I highly doubt this is easily fixable, but its the one thing that keeps me from playing this game much anymore.

MaxPower

by MaxPower » Post

This! It does ruined the game for me. The all inventory/crafting interfaceis combersum for me.
No way to craft more than one item at the same time easily.
Can not send item straight into the inventory.

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Post

If you middle-click the craft output window, it crafts 10 items instead of the 1.

EDIT: By that, I mean it the output result is 1 item, you will get 10. If the output result is 4 items, you will get 40.

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

LionsDen wrote:If you middle-click the craft output window, it crafts 10 items instead of the 1.

EDIT: By that, I mean it the output result is 1 item, you will get 10. If the output result is 4 items, you will get 40.
When you middle click it, still is really darn slow. Sometimes I middle click too much, and lag the whole thing up. If you really want to use the crafting system efficiently, you should wait for your last action to completely finish, before you start another. (slow as hell)
I should do a side-by-side comparison of how much you can do in Minetest and Minecraft in 15 minutes.

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

Though this might not really be Minetest 0.4.11, it would be nice if they put Minetest in the Google Play store and also I wish there were an iOS edition because I'm planning on getting an iPod touch and I don't wanna have to switch to minecraft for it.
EDIT: I've been using giveme, much better than using inventory. much faster too, might help yall.
Also, is it me, or why do bricks dissappear? Also I hav deadly lag. My machine does have only like 256 mb of ram but i saw someone had like 30 fps wit dat and i only have like five.
I test mines.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

SAMIAMNOT wrote:Though this might not really be Minetest 0.4.11, it would be nice if they put Minetest in the Google Play store and also I wish there were an iOS edition because I'm planning on getting an iPod touch and I don't wanna have to switch to minecraft for it.
EDIT: I've been using giveme, much better than using inventory. much faster too, might help yall.
Also, is it me, or why do bricks dissappear? Also I hav deadly lag. My machine does have only like 256 mb of ram but i saw someone had like 30 fps wit dat and i only have like five.
I don't think there are any plans for an iOS version.
Back from the dead!

JPRuehmann

by JPRuehmann » Post

Minetest Mobile-Free
von Minetest-Mobile LLC

solars

More Light

by solars » Post

I wish lamps who have a hight light intensity.

The torches lighten only very little places. In big rooms its not enough. So I wish a Davy lamp with a higher light radius!
Spoiler
My big Minetest map Karsthafen: English thread / German thread / Youtube / German webpage