[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.26.0]

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
YoukaiCountry wrote:I'm working on a program that converts minecraft worlds to minetest worlds, using MineClone 2 as the target 'game'.
That already exists viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13709. It doesn't have MineClone2 as the target game, but I am sure it can be modified to such.
Well it doesn't have the correct names and only converts minecraft to minetest worlds. A Mineclone 2 world is different from a minetest world
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote: Well it doesn't have the correct names and only converts minecraft to minetest worlds. A Mineclone 2 world is different from a minetest world
GreenDimond wrote:I am sure it can be modified to such.
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

GamingAssociation39

It would need a lot of work so that you'll be able to do it on Windows and Linux and that it will work on all types of worlds big and small.

YoukaiCountry
GitHub: nbcwell

by YoukaiCountry » Post

Thanks for pointing out the python project for converting worlds!

My program (MC2MT) was something I wrote a couple years ago in C#, but was never quite happy with it since I couldn't convert lots of things properly to minetest well enough to do what I wanted. Now that MineClone2 is becoming a pretty serious minecraft replacement, I dusted off the old code and re-targeted it.

MC2MT is working well enough to convert most worlds in the old alpha format, and the new format, and it can convert even large worlds in a fairly reasonable amount of time using multi-threading (seems to take ~2 minutes per 100mb of minecraft world on my modest machine, which is pretty fast, I think), and it does work on Linux and Windows as it is.

I'm going to keep plugging away at it since it's already giving me good enough results to wander around reasonable facsimiles of the original worlds. I plan on open sourcing it (even though the code is pretty messy), and releasing it very soon, but the issues mentioned in my above post are really holding it back from truly functioning.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

so your program is called MC2MC2
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

InterVi
GitHub: InterVi
IRC: InterVi
In-game: InterVi

by InterVi » Post

how to install? lot a errors

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yeah, there isn't a program to convert Minecraft worlds to MineClone 2 worlds. Yet.

The programs we have only convert to Minetest Game (the default subgame).

But I'm not a huge fan of C# because it's not really cross-platform and not Linux-friendly. Yes, there's Mono, but Mono really sucks, has a lot of bugs, it's not even a complete re-implementation of .NET. I can proudly say that my machine is a .NET- and Mono-free zone. :-)

Best long-term solution would be to re-write it in a different language which doesn't have said problems. Especially if the program code is of low quality anyway.

YoukaiCountry

by YoukaiCountry » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:so your program is called MC2MC2
Heh, I like it.
Wuzzy wrote:Yeah, there isn't a program to convert Minecraft worlds to MineClone 2 worlds. Yet.

But I'm not a huge fan of C# because it's not really cross-platform and not Linux-friendly. Yes, there's Mono, but Mono really sucks, has a lot of bugs, it's not even a complete re-implementation of .NET. I can proudly say that my machine is a .NET- and Mono-free zone. :-)

Best long-term solution would be to re-write it in a different language which doesn't have said problems. Especially if the program code is of low quality anyway.
I'm going to have to politely disagree with you about Mono. I'm primarily a Linux user, and I can say that Mono has been pretty solid for the past couple of years. It had a rocky start but it's made huge strides since then. It's also currently feature complete through C# version 6.0, with 7.0 in the works.

But regardless of technology disputes: a rewrite is probably in the future, but what I have is so tantalizingly close to spitting out usable Minecraft worlds in MineClone 2 that I'm at least going to get this working before I move on.

That said, the main issue holding me back is the dungeon generator placing things in the worlds as you move around. I haven't found a good way to turn them off without patching MineClone 2 or writing a seperate mod to do it. Am I overlooking something such as a way to stop dungeons generating by defining something in the world files? It'd be a huge help to this version and any future rewrite. Thanks!

GamingAssociation39

YoukaiCountry wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:so your program is called MC2MC2
Heh, I like it.
Wuzzy wrote:Yeah, there isn't a program to convert Minecraft worlds to MineClone 2 worlds. Yet.

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you about Mono. I'm primarily a Linux user, and I can say that Mono has been pretty solid for the past couple of years. It had a rocky start but it's made huge strides since then. It's also currently feature complete through C# version 6.0, with 7.0 in the works.

But regardless of technology disputes: a rewrite is probably in the future, but what I have is so tantalizingly close to spitting out usable Minecraft worlds in MineClone 2 that I'm at least going to get this working before I move on.

That said, the main issue holding me back is the dungeon generator placing things in the worlds as you move around. I haven't found a good way to turn them off without patching MineClone 2 or writing a seperate mod to do it. Am I overlooking something such as a way to stop dungeons generating by defining something in the world files? It'd be a huge help to this version and any future rewrite. Thanks!
Would it be easy to generate over the MC dungeons and they'll become MC2 dungeons?

YoukaiCountry

by YoukaiCountry » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Would it be easy to generate over the MC dungeons and they'll become MC2 dungeons?
MC dungeons that already exist in the map being converted will carry over, but there is no way to tell MC2 that those are existing dungeons and to just use them as such, unfortunately. Even if that was the case the MC file format doesn't seem to store the location of where it generated dungeons as such, just the blocks it placed, so some kind of pattern recognition would need to be used.

I'm not really sure what the answer to this problem is yet, and I'm not 100% sure why it's spawning dungeons inside of blocks that should be marked as generated. The thought just occured to me that the problem could be that I am not setting the already-generated flag properly in the map data. Going to look into that later tonight.

Edit:
I think that is exactly what was going on. Great, I'm going to work on it a bit more and I'll make a thread with a release in the next few days.

Edit 2:
Nope, still seems to be generating dungeons :p

22i
GitHub: 22i

by 22i » Post

what about if you try to add this line to the minetest.conf https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... mple#L1300

Code: Select all

mg_flags = nocaves,nodungeons

YoukaiCountry

by YoukaiCountry » Post

22i wrote:what about if you try to add this line to the minetest.conf https://github.com/minetest/minetest/bl ... mple#L1300

mg_flags = nocaves,nodungeons
Gave it a shot, but it didn't seem to help. I'm not sure what is going on. I verified via a hex editor that the generated flag I am setting matches up with what the documentation says it should be, as well as what the other MC converter outputs.

Wuzzy, any chance you could weight in on why MC2 might be generating dungeons inside of blocks that have the generated flag already set / is there a definitive way to just turn off dungeon generation? Thanks a ton!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The map generator of MineClone 2 generally produces wildly different results than Minecraft. And the map generators will very likely be incompatible for a long time. That does't mean it's impossible to import worlds, but if you import a part of a Minecraft world, it will of course fail to match up at the borders.

It is not possible to disable dungeons. The dungeons in MineClone 2 are generated by the mod “mcl_dungeons”. These are not Minetest's default dungeons, so mg_flags doesn't do anything.

I don't understand the problem with generating dungeons you have right now. Do you mean dungeons suddenly appears inside land which was already there? If so, you should post seed, coords and screenshot and post a bug report.

shy401
GitHub: shy401
In-game: shy401

by shy401 » Post

Hey Wuzzy,

I am just coming across this project, but so far, I love it. I think that this project has a lot of potential and I look forward to playing it more.

Here's a tip that you might like: if ever you need a reference for implementing some minecraft features, download the Mod Coder Pack (MCP) from http://www.modcoderpack.com/ . This pack allows you to view the unobfuscated source code of minecraft for free, assuming you have a copy of the game and the jdk installed. This should help if ever you need help implementing things like map generation and whatnot.

I hope my advice helps you out. Let me know what you think. :)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No, thanks. One of the core principles of MineClone 2 development is to perform a strict clean room implementation of Minecraft.

shy401
GitHub: shy401
In-game: shy401

by shy401 » Post

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize that.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

creating a new world (v6) give this error message:
Bildschirmfoto.png
Bildschirmfoto.png (412.3 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
Bildschirmfoto-1.png
Bildschirmfoto-1.png (410.63 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Bleeding edge versions of Minetest are not supported. Please use Minetest 0.4.16.
If you are stuck with Minetest 0.4.15 for some reason, you have to downgrade to MineClone 2 version 0.21.0 (sadly).

(And beat whoever prevents you from upgrading to Minetest 0.4.16 with a stick until they let you to it. ;-) )

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

@Wuzzy you should use this mod for the bow in MCL2 as it already works exactly like a minecraft bow: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18310&p=289217#p289217
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Bleeding edge versions of Minetest are not supported. Please use Minetest 0.4.16.
If you are stuck with Minetest 0.4.15 for some reason, you have to downgrade to MineClone 2 version 0.21.0 (sadly).

(And beat whoever prevents you from upgrading to Minetest 0.4.16 with a stick until they let you to it. ;-) )
i thought i was up to date, since i get an update every day from the dayly ppa repository.
but apparently it only updates minetest_game :P
upgrading to 4.16 didn't work, so i uninstalled it and then installed it again, now it's 4.16 =(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

If it is of any help, here is some of my experience with MCL2 subgame.

I created a world about a week ago with a copy of MineClone2 dated from about 1 August 2017. Last night I updated the subgame and mcl_supplemental, which is the only mod enabled for the world outside of its default elements. My version of minetest is the 0.4.16 from the ubuntu stable ppa. After 25 minutes of game play I stopped and saved the log, which was 1.6 Mb in size. There are several lines that are highly redundent. Instead of posting the full log I will clip most of them out, all but one each, and post the associated line counts. I actually believe the high count lines -- those about deprecated functions, are coming from the game engine because I see much the same when playing recently created worlds in MTG and Pixture. During the time in which this log was generated I mined stone, iron ore, and gold ore. The gold ore made the correct sound for being picked up, but did not appear in my inventory. (Could this be because I was using a stone pickaxe? GOing back to this world I was able to dig and pick up the gold, redstone, emerald, and diamond when mined with an iron pickaxe.) I smelted the iron ore into iron ingots. Likewise I cooked a couple of pieces of raw chicken. Also I crafted and placed a crafting table. I used the table to make planks, sticks, and stone pickaxes. Because the gold ore was not picked up I did not mine the red stone and emerald that was present at the final mining site. A zombie was present at the door of the mine hut before and after I was mining.

-------------
Separator

-------------

2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
2017-08-17 13:52:43: [Main]: [doc] doc.mt successfully read.
2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: get_mapgen_params is deprecated; use get_mapgen_setting instead
2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: Assignment to undeclared global "drop" inside a function at ...est/games/MineClone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_core/nodes_trees.lua:51.

-------------
2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
--- 062 lines same as immediately above deleted, seen in all subgames

2017-08-17 13:52:44: WARNING[Main]: [stairs] No explicit description for double slab 'mcl_stairs:slab_end_bricks_double' added. Using auto-generated description.
2017-08-17 13:52:44: WARNING[Main]: [stairs] No explicit description for double slab 'mcl_stairs:slab_red_nether_brick_double' added. Using auto-generated description.

-------------
2017-08-17 13:52:47: WARNING[Server]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
--- 11569 lines same as immediately above deleted, seen in all subgames. 
--- The last 200 lines of the log matched the above line. 
--- The time stamp for the final line was 2017-08-17 14:17:06:

-------------
2017-08-17 13:53:11: WARNING[Server]: Pathfinder: failed to update cost map
--- 171 lines same as immediately above deleted

-------------
2017-08-17 13:53:31: WARNING[Server]: The use of vel is deprecated. Use velocity instead
2017-08-17 13:53:31: WARNING[Server]: The use of acc is deprecated. Use acceleration instead
--- 020 pairs oflines same as two immediately above deleted

2017-08-17 14:02:55: ERROR[Server]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=1545 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (10,-2,2)
2017-08-17 14:02:55: WARNING[Server]: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=1545 not found

I created a new world with MineClone2 and mcl-supplemental current as of last night. The debub file was similar to that above. so far I have mined and harvested a few trees. Oh, did have a creeper explode nearby. Again I have made a crafting table, from which a furnace and stone tools have been created. I will post a few lines of the 4 Mb debug log from an hours play. I didn't count lines this time and will leave out that common to the other subgames.

2017-08-17 17:53:17: WARNING[Main]: BanManager: creating /home/dawgdoc/.minetest/worlds/mcl2-deux/ipban.txt
2017-08-17 17:53:17: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
2017-08-17 17:53:17: WARNING[Main]: get_mapgen_params is deprecated; use get_mapgen_setting instead
2017-08-17 17:53:17: WARNING[Main]: Assignment to undeclared global "drop" inside a function at ...est/games/MineClone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_core/nodes_trees.lua:51.

2017-08-17 17:53:17: WARNING[Main]: [stairs] No explicit description for double slab 'mcl_stairs:slab_end_bricks_double' added. Using auto-generated description.
2017-08-17 17:53:17: WARNING[Main]: [stairs] No explicit description for double slab 'mcl_stairs:slab_red_nether_brick_double' added. Using auto-generated description.

2017-08-17 17:53:18: WARNING[Main]: /!\ You are using old player file backend. This backend is deprecated and will be removed in next release /!\

2017-08-17 17:54:01: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated usage of get_node_group, use get_item_group instead
--- recurring

2017-08-17 18:00:16: WARNING[Server]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated.  Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
--- again, a lot of this

2017-08-17 18:15:46: WARNING[Server]: Deprecated call to "get_entity_name
--- several occurences

2017-08-17 18:44:15: WARNING[Server]: Pathfinder: failed to update cost map
--- several occurences

2017-08-17 18:44:33: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 235ms (longer than 200ms)

2017-08-17 18:47:21: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 206ms (longer than 200ms)

2017-08-17 18:51:03: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 202ms (longer than 200ms)
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

During the time in which this log was generated I mined stone, iron ore, and gold ore. The gold ore made the correct sound for being picked up, but did not appear in my inventory. (Could this be because I was using a stone pickaxe?
In MineClone 2, drops are different: Although almost everything can be dug by hand, not everything yields its useful item without the correct tool. Gold ore needs at least an iron pickaxe. Some blocks even have different drops depending on which tool you used.
Use the in-game help to learn more about blocks, required tools and their drops. Hint: Craft yourself a lookup tool.
The block help entries are probably fine, but I think I need to update some of the basic help entries, for example that one about digging.

Also, I always like to hear general feedback about the help system.

Thanks a lot for reporting those warnings. Yes, I might have eliminated them earlier but thanks for reminding me. xD
2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition
Engine. https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/6276
2017-08-17 13:52:43: [Main]: [doc] doc.mt successfully read.
Not a warning.
2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: get_mapgen_params is deprecated; use get_mapgen_setting instead
2017-08-17 13:52:43: WARNING[Main]: Assignment to undeclared global "drop" inside a function at ...est/games/MineClone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_core/nodes_trees.lua:51.
2017-08-17 13:53:31: WARNING[Server]: The use of vel is deprecated. Use velocity instead
2017-08-17 13:53:31: WARNING[Server]: The use of acc is deprecated. Use acceleration instead
Fixed.
Kudos for finding an “undeclared global” warning, those warnings are important to me as they are either typos or just bad coding practice. I immediately fix them as soon I find them.
2017-08-17 13:52:47: WARNING[Server]: WARNING: minetest.setting_* functions are deprecated. Use methods on the minetest.settings object.
Fixed except for Mobs Redo. This will probably be fixed for good when MT 0.5.0 comes out.

2017-08-17 13:52:44: WARNING[Main]: [stairs] No explicit description for double slab 'mcl_stairs:slab_end_bricks_double' added. Using auto-generated description.
2017-08-17 13:52:44: WARNING[Main]: [stairs] No explicit description for double slab 'mcl_stairs:slab_red_nether_brick_double' added. Using auto-generated description.
Fixed in the mcl_supplemental. Only in the repository now, not released yet.

2017-08-17 13:53:11: WARNING[Server]: Pathfinder: failed to update cost map
This is/was an engine problem. See here:
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/5218

2017-08-17 14:02:55: ERROR[Server]: ServerEnvironment::deactivateFarObjects(): id=1545 m_static_exists=true but static data doesn't actually exist in (10,-2,2)
Sadly a very old bug in MT: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/194
The cause of this is still not clear.

2017-08-17 14:02:55: WARNING[Server]: StaticObjectList::remove(): id=1545 not found
Unknown reason. celeron55 believes it has something to do with the engine, but that's not for sure.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Looks like I will be making more pull requests tonight, deleting old worlds, and creating a new world. ;-]
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Wuzzy

Version 0.27.0 (“The Mapgen Update”)

by Wuzzy » Post

Hello. Today I want to release version 0.27.0! Nicknamed “The Mapgen Update”.

This giant update adds support for all mapgens, and the Nether and the End (incomplete).

Compability notes
  • Finally all mapgens are officially supported!
  • The End is currently a preview only. It is very incomplete and will definitely change completely
  • Biomes (for all mapgens except v6) are incomplete and will definitely change. The worst which could happen is that there will be visible “borders” when you continue to explore the Overworld in future versions. That's all!
  • Existing v6 worlds should be unaffected, continuing to use v6 should be safe.
  • The End portal is a dummy and will be completely replaced later
How to build portals
How to build a Nether portal: Build an empty upright 4×5 obsidian frame, then light a fire on the frame.
How to build an End portal: Build an empty upright 4×5 frame made of blocks of quartz, then use an eye of ender on the frame.

The changes follow:

Mapgen:
  • Add support for the remaining mapgens: v5, v7, valleys and fractal
  • New biomes for these mapgens: Desert, red desert, mesa, glacier, icesheet, jungle, savannah, grasslands, deciduous forest, coniferous forest, roofed forest, taiga, mushroom land.
  • Add the Nether (at ca. Y=-29000), may be subject to improvements
  • Add the End (at ca. Y=-27000). VERY incomplete.
  • Abandoned mineshafts: Add minecarts, cave spider spawners and cobwebs
  • Dungeons: Widen the openings of lonely corners to allow entry
  • Add unique flat variant of the Nether when using the flat mapgen
About the new mapgen features:
  • v6 mapgen will be continued to be supported and improved, but like in Minetest Game, it doesn't generate all the blocks, trees or biomes which you can now find in the other mapgens
  • Like the Overworld, the End has a very generous height limit (ca. 25000 blocks; at the top you will collide with an invisible “realm barrier”)
  • The Nether has a height of exactly 128
Blocks:
  • Nether Portal
  • End Portal
  • Lava in the Nether automatically turns into Nether Lava which has an increased flowing distance
  • Realm Barrier: Internal block to separate the End from the void below the Overworld
  • Dark oak sapling grows into a proper dark oak now (still not 100% complete, however)
  • Fire is not destroyed by flowing liquids
  • Kill hanging vines below a dug vine
  • Beds explode in the Nether and the End if you try to sleep
  • Ice doesn't turn into water in the Nether
Mobs:
  • Spawn shulkers in the End
  • Spawn all Nether mobs in the Nether
  • Spawn zombie pigman in Nether portals in the Overworld
Other:
  • New minecart model and texture
  • Water buckets can't place water in the Nether, except in cauldrons
  • Fire charges now act as general igniters (you can use them to open a Nether portal, too)
  • Remove all Nether-related temporary crafting recipes, and some other
  • Compass and clock are confused in the Nether and the End
Bugfixes
  • Fix crash when clicking on invalid item in craftguide
  • Furnace: Stop cooking if output is full
  • Fix generated mob spawners sometimes have pig
  • Fix annoyingly “sticky” black sky when flying into the void and return to the overworld
  • Fix magma blocks hurting you when you are 2 blocks above
  • Fix and weaken the broken mcl_tnt dependencies
  • Support Creative Mode for minecarts
Maintenance
  • Update doc and doc_items mods
  • Use new Minetest settings API syntax for most mods
  • Update tsm_railcorridors
  • Fix a couple of console warnings
  • Remove worldedit_gui error message. Worldedit_gui is now officially incompatible with MCL2; it's now up to the developers of worldedit_gui to add support

The Overworld (in the v7 mapgen)

The Overworld (in the valleys mapgen)

The End (WIP)

The Nether

YoukaiCountry

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.27.0]

by YoukaiCountry » Post

Really exciting update, great to see the Nether in.
This update also seems to solve the dungeons generating in my pre-generated maps somehow, which is great.

Something I noticed: I understand it's a work in progress so you may be aware, but The Nether scale shouldn't be 1:1 with the Overworld.
The (X Y dimension) Nether blocks count for 8 Overworld blocks, so a portal placed at 10, 25 in the Overworld would appear at 80, 200. It makes it a great way to travel long distances.

If you need screenshots or something else, I can provide them.