[Game] MineClone 2 [0.29.2]

RHR

GitHub: RHRhino

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.29.2]

by RHR » Tue Nov 14, 2017 20:15

Hey Wuzzy I'm getting this error. Do you know what is causing it and how I can fix it?

Code: Select all
2017-11-14 21:07:37: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenOOM error from mod 'mcl_dungeons' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
2017-11-14 21:07:37: ERROR[Main]: Current Lua memory usage: 14 MB

zargulthewizard

In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Wed Nov 15, 2017 00:05

Need help with brewing. Completely clueless. At first thought a cauldron would help, but discovered that my tiny experience with LEGO Harry Potter has no application to minetest (a cauldron is essentially a rain barrel, except that you need a vessel in the cauldron for it to collect water with). How do I brew, and what can I do with the brew that is true? (did anyone else see that movie?)
May God be with you, always.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 05:00

Brewing is not possible at this moment. But it is a planned feature for later. For brewing potions. The cauldron has rather limited uses. The only real use is to wash off a layer from a banner.

Hey Wuzzy I'm getting this error.

I'm a bit confused as well.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=18820

I have been playing with grass lately:

First, I changed the default grass color:
Left: Before
Right: After

Second, I added dry grass:

Sadly, only two grass colors (normal / dry) are supported for now, and there are no gradients. This seemingly simple change was surprisingly complex.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest. I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Nov 15, 2017 16:19

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Newest horse model Image

better. I could bear it.

zargulthewizard wrote:
kingoscargames wrote:...or surround your stuff with water.

Thanks for trying, anyway. But...
IMG_20171114_084415_182.jpg

screenshot_20171113_200841.png

Both our responses:
Oh, no. I hate these guys! (They start chasing) Aaaaaugh!

LOL.

GamingAssociation39

GitHub: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 21:45

The 1.11 update is simple but a lot of older features need to be added like the observer block and the redstone needs to be done. Minecraft is getting further and further along but MC2 needs to be updated :)

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Nov 19, 2017 23:09

I'm fully aware of that. My current short-term tasks with MCL2 is to clean out some of the rough edges and half implemented features. This includes the painting and fishing rod which have been very poorly made since … forever. I might even remove or at least hide some features (at least when not in Creative Mode). Also I definitely want to get rid of all annoying bugs. This has my top attention right now. So if you find anything annoying in MCL2, now is the time to speak up! :D
Regarding bugs, I should be definitely more disciplined here. :-(

Basically I want to get MCL2 to a point at which is is very stable, and continue adding the missing features from there.

I also think I should definitely focus more on the core features. You're absolutely right. And I guess the next big thing will be redstone. Observer has to wait, sorry. I didn't even get the redstone basics right, so I have to start there.

About the project as such:
This is not a race against Mojang, but I can understand that some people perceive it to be. The official development target is still MC 1.11. Not 1.12 nor 1.13. I still do this whole thing mostly for teh lulz.
But the past pace of MC doesn't seem to be really fast. MC 1.12 was basically just deco stuff and a mob. Okay, and “advancements” and other esoterical stuff, but I couldn't care less (for now).
AFAIK, MC 1.13 will be bugfixes and the elimination of the “block ID limit”, which limits the number of block IDs at 256 (BWHAHAHAHAHA!).

BTW: What's all this fuzz about the horse model for now. It's a MC 1.13 thing, so it's way beyond the (current) scope. :P
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest. I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

GamingAssociation39

GitHub: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 00:31

We are just wondering what you would do when you come to that update.

Also I'm wondering if we could have an upgrade/enhancement table instead of the enchantment table?

Previous

Return to WIP Subgames