[Game] MineClone 2 [0.38.0]

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.38.0]

by Wuzzy » Tue May 15, 2018 13:08

Will torches ever have a particle effect?

It will be done when the time has come.
Mysterious music plays.
My projects: MineClone 2. Hades Revisited. Help modpack. A ton of other mods, see here.

Ektod

In-game: ektod

by Ektod » Thu May 17, 2018 02:14

I have been using your game for a WHILE, and i have tons of ideas!

1. Pay more attention to the little things instead of just adding a bunch of content, for example: a minecraft like FOV would be wonderful; disable node lines in the mobs, maybe edit game moving physics etc.

2. Textures! give me something more like cartoon, or textures i can easily recognize. Most texturepacks are incompatible with mineclone2 :(

3. You eat the food too fast!

4. Redstone! when a piston is activated check all near nodes (sand and gravel actually doesn't fall, and i had other minor issues).

5.Nice mod Bro ;P

Lone_Wolf

GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

by Lone_Wolf » Thu May 17, 2018 03:34

Ektod wrote:I have been using your game for a WHILE, and i have tons of ideas!

1. disable node lines in the mobs

If he did that you wouldn't be able to hit the mobs. You can disable the lines in your client by changing this setting to 'Disabled':

Ektod wrote:2. Textures! give me something more like cartoon, or textures i can easily recognize. Most texturepacks are incompatible with mineclone2 :(

I personally don't like the current texturepack either. Some forum members are making a texturepack for this game though. It isn't done but it covers some of the basics
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18559

Ektod wrote:3. You eat the food too fast!

That may be fixed soon. Not sure...

Ektod wrote:5.Nice mod Bro ;P

They actually call this a game :P
([GAME])

EDIT: Whoops, wrong picture/setting

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu May 17, 2018 14:09

Thanks for your feedback! It means a lot to me. :-)

1. Pay more attention to the little things instead of just adding a bunch of content, for example: a minecraft like FOV would be wonderful; disable node lines in the mobs, maybe edit game moving physics etc.

Note these particular features are related to the engine, so it's out of scope of MineClone 2.
One of the design principles is that I try to work what the engine has to offer me, rather than hack around it (unless there's absolutely no other way). I have several bug entries which are currently unsolvable without further engine improvements. My strategy is to file feature requests for Minetest and wait it out. :P

As for the little things, I'm aware of that. The problem is, there's just so many! :D It will take time. And yes, you're right, it is better to get the things working and stable which I already have. I really have to hold myself back sometimes (this is harder than it sounds!) …

2. Textures! give me something more like cartoon, or textures i can easily recognize. Most texturepacks are incompatible with mineclone2 :(

Not surprising. Most texturepacks in these forums are made for Minetest Game. MineClone 2 is fundamentally different from Minetest Game, so obviously they are not magically compatible.

Note that with Minecraft resource packs, the story is different. Of course, there is no automatic compability with those, but I have written a Python script to automatically generate a MineClone 2 texture pack from a resource pack. For anyone interested, check out the “tools” directory in the repository.
It's not 100% complete and still some manual work is needed after the conversion, but it already saves you a ton of work and the result is more or less usable for playing. Successful conversions might be posted in the Texture Packs subforum (but beware the license).

I am currently not against the idea of switching the core textures once again, but it's not a high priority. I will only seriously consider a switch if it's a serious improvement. Loosely resembling Minecraft-style (while not being an obvious 1:1 copy, very important!) is a plus, but not a must.
Currently, I consider texture work to be mostly a community thing right now, so if you want to something done, you're on your own.
I will, however, answer questions on my converter script.

3. You eat the food too fast!

I don't know what you mean exactly. Probably that eating should be a process-like event and not a point event like now? Meaning that when you eat, you are blocked from doing anything else for a short time.
Currently, the game at least blocks you from eating food in quick succession.
I can't think of a better solution with the current engine yet; I fear no significant improvements can be made without further engine improvements. :-(

But it's a valid point nonetheless, so thanks for bringing this up.

4. Redstone! when a piston is activated check all near nodes (sand and gravel actually doesn't fall, and i had other minor issues).

%§!§$!%&"!!

Those freaking pistons! >_> I thought this was already fixed. Grrrr!
Yes, there is no excuse for that, it obviously must be fixed. Thanks.

It would be ultra nice of you if you would direct further bug reports into:
https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bugs/issues

Nice mod

Hah. Calling this giant project a “mod” is a huuuuuge understatement and also completely false. :P
Technically, this game contains hundreds of mods. As all games in Minetest are technically a collection of mods (plus some metadata) which together make (hopefully) a complete game.
My projects: MineClone 2. Hades Revisited. Help modpack. A ton of other mods, see here.

azekill_DIABLO

Location: Under my desk (but I can't see my monitor now X'[ )
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu May 17, 2018 17:39

%§!§$!%&"!!

Those freaking pistons! >_> I thought this was already fixed. Grrrr!
Yes, there is no excuse for that, it obviously must be fixed. Thanks.

feel the rage.
【Voxellar 2.0】 ; 【MILA】 update ; 【Rec_a_MT】 ; 【BB,HD】 update ; 【▶ Youtube】 This person worked too hard to be forgotten: Feedback me!

Phoenixflo44

GitHub: Phoenixflo44
In-game: Phoenixflo44

by Phoenixflo44 » Thu May 17, 2018 17:46

azekill_DIABLO wrote:feel the rage.

But not too bad, or something else will be broken. :-D

Stix

IRC: Stix_ + Demolisher_
In-game: [CTF] demolisher

by Stix » Fri May 18, 2018 23:39

Creepers arent supposed to see you through doors (trap-doors and normal) and no mobs should be able to see you through tall-grass.
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Why do so many people believe in "God"?
Want to know whats gonna be in the next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon May 21, 2018 09:40

it's hard to do that Stix. Minetest pathfinder is a bit... weak.
【Voxellar 2.0】 ; 【MILA】 update ; 【Rec_a_MT】 ; 【BB,HD】 update ; 【▶ Youtube】 This person worked too hard to be forgotten: Feedback me!

Lone_Wolf

GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf or Somebody

by Lone_Wolf » Mon May 21, 2018 20:05

azekill_DIABLO wrote:it's hard to do that Stix. Minetest pathfinder is a bit... weak.

Have you ever seen this? Not sure if it will help
minetest.line_of_sight(pos1, pos2, stepsize)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed May 23, 2018 10:54

yep. it's not for that. :D

davedevils

GitHub: davedevils
IRC: davedevils
In-game: davedevils

by davedevils » Fri May 25, 2018 12:22

OMG not DAREDEVILS , dave devil's i'm not a a blind man in red tights ...

maybe i will look that latter, but good work it's very close of minecraft ;o

Ektod

In-game: ektod

by Ektod » Fri May 25, 2018 21:01

i just realized that minetest 0.5.0 will allow to change the FOV, but will also be incompatible with previous 0. releases

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Fri May 25, 2018 21:07

Ektod wrote:i just realized that minetest 0.5.0 will allow to change the FOV, but will also be incompatible with previous 0. releases

Yes, but only as player settings, not through Lua API. :/

Previous

Return to WIP Games