[Game] Minetest Extended

goldcrest42
GitHub: claretty

Re: [Game] Minetest Extended

by goldcrest42 » Post

Hi! I've been playing meseconics (is that a word??)!
I'd like to have a go at a counter, or a pseudo-random sequence generator. I remember many years ago, being told that you could do anything with enough NAND gates, so I decided to start with a D-type flip-flop:

http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com ... -gates.php

(is it ok to include external addresses in posts?)

And this is my implementation, showing two states:
Attachments
screenshot_20200825_155211.png
(520.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20200825_155142.png
(516.68 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Beware of programmers with soldering irons!

goldcrest42

by goldcrest42 » Post

Changing the subject completely, I've been trying the packer, trying to bag some rice. I open up the packer, load it with two bags in the lower box, and some rice in the upper box. Nothing appears in the output. I remove the items from the packer, and I get this error:

2020-08-26 16:53:28: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer puts stuff to packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:17: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer takes farming:rice from chest at (9,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:22: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer puts stuff to packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer takes stuff from packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:28: ERROR[Server]: Item "farming:packer" callback "allow_metadata_inventory_move" is not a function
2020-08-26 16:54:28: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer moves stuff in packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:34: ERROR[Server]: Item "farming:packer" callback "allow_metadata_inventory_move" is not a function

Please advise!

PetiAPocok
GitHub: PetiAPocok
In-game: PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

goldcrest42 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 16:25
Changing the subject completely, I've been trying the packer, trying to bag some rice. I open up the packer, load it with two bags in the lower box, and some rice in the upper box. Nothing appears in the output. I remove the items from the packer, and I get this error:

2020-08-26 16:53:28: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer puts stuff to packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:17: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer takes farming:rice from chest at (9,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:22: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer puts stuff to packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:25: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer takes stuff from packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:28: ERROR[Server]: Item "farming:packer" callback "allow_metadata_inventory_move" is not a function
2020-08-26 16:54:28: ACTION[Server]: singleplayer moves stuff in packer at (3,24,83)
2020-08-26 16:54:34: ERROR[Server]: Item "farming:packer" callback "allow_metadata_inventory_move" is not a function
A beautiful finding! Thanks for the report! I will fix it!
(You need at least 50 things to bag it.)

goldcrest42

by goldcrest42 » Post

Thanks Peti! The 50-things is noted (I must make lots more bags). I will watch this space ;)

goldcrest42

by goldcrest42 » Post

I've just had a nice bowl of MT-rizibizi!

I'd like to try some bread. Trouble is, eggs are a bit thin on the ground, though I have seen a few chickens wandering around. Can they be encouraged to lay? It's possible to milk cows!

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

goldcrest42 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 15:18
Trouble is, eggs are a bit thin on the ground, though I have seen a few chickens wandering around. Can they be encouraged to lay?
If you tame them (hit, then feed them with its preferred food) they will no longer disappear and you will be able to pick them up with a leash and put them somewhere safe. If you have 2 or 3 they will produce enough eggs, also you can breed them with their preferred food.

robins80

by robins80 » Post

I'm running Minetest 5.3.0 (flatpak version) and I get this error trying to run this game:
ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/robins80/.minetest/games/minetest_extended/mods/fishing/init.lua:
....minetest/games/minetest_extended/mods/fishing/baits.lua:11: attempt to index field 'farming:seed_corn' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
....minetest/games/minetest_extended/mods/fishing/baits.lua:11: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'dofile'
.../.minetest/games/minetest_extended/mods/fishing/init.lua:3: in main chunk
Check debug.txt for details.

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

robins80 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 13:45
I'm running Minetest 5.3.0 (flatpak version) and I get this error trying to run this game:
ModError: Failed to load and run script from /home/robins80/.minetest/games/minetest_extended/mods/fishing/init.lua:
....minetest/games/minetest_extended/mods/fishing/baits.lua:11: attempt to index field 'farming:seed_corn' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
I'm gonna check it.

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

PetiAPocok wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 14:44
robins80 wrote:
stack traceback:
I'm gonna check it.
I couldn't reproduce the error. Can you please give me more detail! When the error occurs? Do you use the github or the contentDB version? Did you modified anything in the game?

robins80

by robins80 » Post

PetiAPocok wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 14:11
PetiAPocok wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 14:44
robins80 wrote:
stack traceback:
I'm gonna check it.
I couldn't reproduce the error. Can you please give me more detail! When the error occurs? Do you use the github or the contentDB version? Did you modified anything in the game?
It was happening immediately upon start. I then went back and made sure only ME was enabled and everything worked fine. One of the other mods I had enabled must have been the problem.

nisaea

by nisaea » Post

Hello,

I've been playing around quite a bit with mese stuff, and one thing leading to antoher, I've built a clock and two 8-bit registers. I'm still not sure what I got myself into, but it's a ton of fun and I'm loving this game to bits, thanks for the amazing work! <3

I've been running into a problem though: sometimes my clock just... stops. And the only thing that seems to turn it on again is to open the programming window and hit "program" again.

I've checked the logs and found this last time it faceplanted:

Code: Select all

2020-12-22 13:44:07: ACTION[Server]: Node overheats at (1615,16,302)
Could it be related? Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a picture of the clock and an aerial view of the two finished registers: https://imgur.com/a/spfDZ8x

Thanks in advance!

---

Edit: Just confirmed the overheat message happens when the clock stops and the coordinates corespond to the clock's FPGA. I put another delayer to the clock to slow it down, to see if that fixes it. If so, would replacing the FPGA with the corresponding logic gates let me have a fast clock again? Or would I still have issues downstream?

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

nisaea wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 13:09
I've been running into a problem though: sometimes my clock just... stops. And the only thing that seems to turn it on again is to open the programming window and hit "program" again.
Hi!

This is a Mesecons related "problem". I'm just using that mod. (Maybe modified some things in it...)
Here you can look around: https://mesecons.net/
Here is the corresponding forum topic: viewtopic.php?t=628
And the GitHub issue page: https://github.com/minetest-mods/mesecons/issues
Maybe report it...

From their documentation:
Overheating basically protects the minetest server from crashing. The controller overheats if not enough resources are available on the controller, by default if more than 20 operations within 1 second are executed.
I'm sorry but that is all I can help as I'm just using the mod too.

nisaea

by nisaea » Post

That's very helpful, thanks a lot!

Vladimir2005

by Vladimir2005 » Post

Just installed this mod (actually also just installed minetest), how does the crafting guide work? I saw in the github repo that there's a crafting guide. I don't see anything in my inventory, or any tabs. What am I doing wrong?

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

In the current development version you get the crafting guide as a starting equipment.
But in the 1.1 version you have to craft it. 9 reed to 3 paper. 3 paper to a book. Book to crafting guide.
(Or in the chat /give singleplayer craftguide:book
If it says you have no permission to run this command then /grantme give)

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

Released 1.2

kuboid
IRC: kuboid
In-game: kuboid

by kuboid » Post

Hi PetiAPocok,

Could it be that there is no lava at all? I dug down to -600 blocks and been searching for lava, but nothing. Or is it just extremely rare?
I found really HUGE caves down here (ca. 1 km²). With lava this could give a nice hell/nether experience.
Running MT 5.4.1 Server+Client (Linux environment).

PetiAPocok

by PetiAPocok » Post

kuboid wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 06:42
Hi PetiAPocok,

Could it be that there is no lava at all? I dug down to -600 blocks and been searching for lava, but nothing. Or is it just extremely rare?
I found really HUGE caves down here (ca. 1 km²). With lava this could give a nice hell/nether experience.
Running MT 5.4.1 Server+Client (Linux environment).
There has to be lava, but it is rare. I suggest you to look around with fly and noclip mode on.
And there is hell below -5000, but you can build a portal from obsidian too.

kuboid
IRC: kuboid
In-game: kuboid

by kuboid » Post

PetiAPocok wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 07:21
[...]
There has to be lava, but it is rare. I suggest you to look around with fly and noclip mode on.
Ok, I did. Yes, I found some lava but it's really rare, like, 3 lakes in a X=200 x Y=600 x Z=200 blocks column. And in my case they were all in isolated caves. Maybe we should increase the probability. I want to experiment a bit.
PetiAPocok wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 07:21
And there is hell below -5000, but you can build a portal from obsidian too.
ah, nice, you included a mod for that, too? But 5km is way too deep for me to walk, I'm not Jules Vernes :) I will take the portal option.
Without lava, I will have to kill another few dungeon masters to obtain enough obsidian for a portal then.