[Game] MeseCraft

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

Re: [Game] MeseCraft

by Komodo » Post

goats wrote: AsyncErr: Lua: Unknown node: lib_doors:stone_door_centered_with_window
Fixed, replaced the missing nodes with nodes in the game and corrected dependencies.
goats wrote: Crash when digging a bed, it seems due to bed references in lib_shapes, though not directly addressed in debug output.
Spoiler
ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mesecraft_beds' in callback node_on_dig(): Runtime error from mod 'mesecraft_beds' in callback node_on_destruct(): /mods/ITEMS/mesecraft_beds/api.lua:20: attempt to call field 'remove_spawns_at' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/mods/ITEMS/mesecraft_beds/api.lua:20: in function 'destruct_bed'
/mods/ITEMS/mesecraft_beds/api.lua:106: in function </mods/ITEMS/mesecraft_beds/api.lua:105>
[C]: in function 'remove_node'
../builtin/game/item.lua:621: in function <../builtin/game/item.lua:550>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'remove_node'
../builtin/game/item.lua:621: in function <../builtin/game/item.lua:550>
So /lib_shapes/utility.lua comment out block:178-197 bed functions utility code and dofile refs for beds_api.lua and beds_spawns.lua seems to work.
/edit
Shouldn't be a problem since those lib_ mods aren't needed as a dependency anymore.
goats wrote: But also:WARNING[Emerge-0]: Assignment to undeclared global "duanes_collision_avoidance" inside a function at /mods/WORLD/geomoria/mapgen.lua:187.
Not sure what to do with this one.

will catch up on the rest soon. going to be quite a week for me.
๐ŸŒŽ Website | ๐ŸŒฒ MeseCraft Game | ๐Ÿ“ฐ News | ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ ContentDB

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

This "duanes_collision_avoidance" (great variable name btw) appears to be unused anywhere else in the entire Mesecraft tree. It's either a global that's supposed to interact with some other mod or more likely it's a leftover bit from some long-gone code. I'd just remove it.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

freshreplicant
In-game: freshreplicant

by freshreplicant » Post

Any chance you can figure out a way to address the issue where mobs redo hostile mobs just kinda get stuck on top of you when you're going down an incline and can't hurt you but you can aim up and hit them to your hearts content? It really takes the challenged and threat out of them.

Komodo

by Komodo » Post

freshreplicant wrote: โ†‘
Mon Aug 08, 2022 21:52
Any chance you can figure out a way to address the issue where mobs redo hostile mobs just kinda get stuck on top of you when you're going down an incline and can't hurt you but you can aim up and hit them to your hearts content? It really takes the challenged and threat out of them.
It's possible. Yeah it can be silly. I know exactly what you're talking about. mobs_redo should be replaced eventually with the newer mob apis that people are working on. However, those aren't really at the point where it's easily usable for me or for others yet. mobs_redo api is so simple to work with. I think it might be that their hit distance is too small to hit down vertically. increasing this might effect how mobs fight horizontally, but there are some options here. can be tested and worked in most likely.

Komodo

by Komodo » Post

Mantar wrote: โ†‘
Mon Aug 08, 2022 18:40
This "duanes_collision_avoidance" (great variable name btw) appears to be unused anywhere else in the entire Mesecraft tree. It's either a global that's supposed to interact with some other mod or more likely it's a leftover bit from some long-gone code. I'd just remove it.
Thank you. Removed that line.

JinxieHavoc
GitHub: JinxTheGoblin
In-game: JinxieHavoc

by JinxieHavoc » Post

I can't seem to install mesecraft with the latest version of minetest

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

you may have to download it from content database's website directly

TEalk
GitHub: Tealk
In-game: Tealk

by TEalk » Post

Is it normal that I always spawn in the snow with this pack?
I have already created 20 worlds and always I was at the beginning in a huge snow desert

Duvalon

by Duvalon » Post

I tried only once with carpathian and had a similar issue. Had to walk pretty far (2000+ blocks) to find a useful biome. Thankfully I encountered several villages along the way. Unfortunately for them, their houses got robbed and then demolished... all in all, they didn't seem to care so much anyway. Then I got bored because I found several iron swords, iron ingots, bronze pick axes and enough food to eat for weeks.

In any case, here are a few oddities that I think should warrant some attention:

Putting a dirt block in water lifts the water up and floods all the surrounding shores... kind of sucks when you're trying to expand a beach or build out a garden in a lake.

The thirst mechanic is not intuitive. So bathing in water quenches thirst. Really slowly. Punching water (aka drinking from your hands), right-clicking water, trying to use a water bucket... that doesn't work.

Villages and pyramids are too common. Villages make the game too easy early on (see above), and pyramids should be more special finds. While on the subject, I would also protect villages against destruction, and either remove the items in chests (only barter), or lock them with a way to find single use keys to open them eventually.