[Mini-Game] Naughts and Crosses

cornernote

[Mini-Game] Naughts and Crosses

by cornernote » Post

This is a simple mini-game you can build in your world using mesecons and digilines.

Get the Instructions Here

Last edited by cornernote on Tue Dec 16, 2014 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

Re: [Mini-Game] Naughts and Crosses

by Don » Post

You did it again!
You might want to consider putting your mini games together into one game. I think it would be neat to have a game full of mini games like this.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

Hi Don,

I had a world with a bunch of inventions when I was playing with LuaControllers and Digilines. I havent played in a while but I thought it would be a shame to let this code fade away on a server I never use. I thought others could benefit from learning simple code that works directly in-game to make things they can use. Perhaps it will serve as a gentle introduction to lua programming without having to create an actual mod.

I prefer making many small repos with single things rather than one mega repo. The big repos eventually become too hard to manage.

There are a few things on the "todo" list. I figured that by sharing this as a starting point others may contribute to the controller code and make the game more functional.

Have you had a crack at creating them yet? Would love to see some screenshots from other users.

cornernote

by cornernote » Post

I created another multi-player mini-game, but it doesnt require mesecons or digilines. It's a simple game of Connect4.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

I haven't played with mesecons much. MaxCohen and I made a chess and checkers mod. I need to do a little more work on it and then I am going to release it.
I think it is great that you are doing this. It shows that you can do a lot in minetest.
Love your idea for connect 4
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here