[Game] Voxus (cancelled)

indriApollo
GitHub: indriApollo
IRC: indriApollo
In-game: SudoAptGetPlay

Re: VoXus (formerly CreaVal, WIP)

by indriApollo » Post

I love your work ! Are you planning to remake the menu's ? I'm pretty sure you'd do something awesome ! :D

Kenney
In-game: Kenney

by Kenney » Post

indriApollo wrote:I love your work ! Are you planning to remake the menu's ? I'm pretty sure you'd do something awesome ! :D
Yep! All menu's will be remade, including the HUD and UI.

Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Wow. This looks awesome!

Might you be able to put up a test server, so that people can try it out, or is it still in too heavy development atm?

Great work!

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

Amaz wrote:Wow. This looks awesome!

Might you be able to put up a test server, so that people can try it out, or is it still in too heavy development atm?

Great work!
Still a bit too heavy in development, lots of broken blocks, test blocks and missing crafting recipes. Not to worry, as soon as it's somewhat playable I'll put up a server!
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

Amaz
GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Post

Kenney wrote: Still a bit too heavy in development, lots of broken blocks, test blocks and missing crafting recipes. Not to worry, as soon as it's somewhat playable I'll put up a server!
Okay, that sounds brilliant! I presumed it might be that way! Can't wait to try it out!

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

Amaz wrote:Okay, that sounds brilliant! I presumed it might be that way! Can't wait to try it out!
Fantastic :)

Here's a bit of testing about with buildings that will spawn in the world, with nature trying to reclaim it's territory;

Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

Really impressing, the cartoon style is perfectly well groomed, the GUI is particularly ergonomic and original, and your screenshots make me drool of desire to play your game.

Thanks to honor Minetest with your talents and share that with us.

(note : I rarely launches the praises)

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

jp wrote:Thanks to honor Minetest with your talents and share that with us.
Hah oh gosh, thanks!

Added random grass tiles, with the occasional flower and dirt.

Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: VoXus (WIP)

by twoelk » Post

Nice graphical style and I really like the color scheme but the idea of nature reclaiming the buildings is the the part I like most. Depending on the style of the architectural "artifacts" this might add a feeling of ancient history to the terrain or recent abandonment after some mysterious event. Or both, or something completely different, whatever.

Come on, please add some download link, even if it is WIP,
so that I may add it to the list of Subgames ;-P

WhoAreYou
In-game: whoareyou

by WhoAreYou » Post

Kenney, nice subgame you're making. Will you add crashed UFO's with MESE's in the chests, that will make more mysteries about disaster that was before VoXus period?
WhoAreYou the subway builder

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

twoelk wrote:Come on, please add some download link, even if it is WIP
Hah, I love teasing - nope, no download as of yet.
WhoAreYou wrote:Kenney, nice subgame you're making. Will you add crashed UFO's with MESE's in the chests, that will make more mysteries about disaster that was before VoXus period?
I like the idea, will look into it!
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

@Kenny:

Do you have a roadmap? I kind of expected one, but then again... you never know.

Anyhow, the one thing I have to say now is that I love what you are doing with the hud. In older versions of Minetest, your hud used to be found on the same side you were putting it on (at least, according to some old screenshots.) And as per health I like it in a bar instead of hearts. very nice looking.

Edit: XD the apple texture is so out of place in that screenshot.

Also, the reason why you are getting so much praise here is because our work really can't match up to yours. We are pretty darn slow at deving, especially if we are alone, and all the features that we would want to get done take more than 3 times as long as you and co are doing them. It just seems so out of place... and awesome.

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

philipbenr wrote:Do you have a roadmap? I kind of expected one, but then again... you never know.
Not really, while I have a tiny list of blocks/items I want to do next I don't really have a roadmap laid out just yet. First need to figure out every aspect of modding before diving in. Working on editing biomes today!

Edit: Open development to-do/roadmap!
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

celeron55
Administrator
GitHub: celeron55
IRC: celeron55

by celeron55 » Post

Okay so this looks like the most professional thing that has ever happened to Minetest since forever. It feels almost unjustified. :P

I hope you can manage around the gotchas about our UI system - it's really messy right now.

I'm happy you are enjoying the parts we've managed to make easy though! This has the potential of being the greatest thing ever made in MT so far.

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

celeron55 wrote:Okay so this looks like the most professional thing that has ever happened to Minetest since forever. It feels almost unjustified. :P

I hope you can manage around the gotchas about our UI system - it's really messy right now.

I'm happy you are enjoying the parts we've managed to make easy though! This has the potential of being the greatest thing ever made in MT so far.
Thanks :D I'll hopefully be bringing a few programmers to work on the Minetest core or features. Also depends on the interns I'll be getting at my company, trying to select one that knows C++.
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

Jakssoul

by Jakssoul » Post

mi nelci ti

This seems like a really nice project. I wish you luck with it! .uicei

kddekadenz
GitHub: tinyworlds

Re: Voxus (WIP)

by kddekadenz » Post

You go Kenny! Your project inspired me to dive into the community for a night again.
Made a apocalpyse survival game mode: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=10965

Enke
GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Post

This is the best-looking subgame I have seen in a long time! Way to go! I can't wait for a playable version!
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

Wow This is a huge, awesome booming game. Building here Kenney and 100% worth it :D Cannot wait play. And you had C55 Posted in your subgame topic. That is huge and a huge support by the Creator of minetest it self. I think if we showcase this to Minecraft players we might gets lots players.

But all I can say this doesn't even look like Minetest indeed. But all I can say I like the name. And this should totally be an fun game play. And Maybe this is something we been waiting forever on minetest. And maybe it is true 2015 Marks the year minetest reach great professional design.

Cannot wait what in store next.
But cannot wait see did with the Torch. like is it 2D or 3D. and the ladder, sign.

And the new water and lava.
But I like see so much is the mese. Since mostly the star of Minetest.
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

It's absolutely fantastic to get 'official' Minetest support :)

Haven't had much time to work on the project unfortunately, just collected some ideas that people had and added them to the Trello board.

Moved my office from home to my very own office building today - hopefully I'll be able to work on the project tomorrow! My new office; (work in progress, just like Voxus hah!)

Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

ExeterDad
In-game: ExeterDad

by ExeterDad » Post

Kenney wrote:It's absolutely fantastic to get 'official' Minetest support :)

Haven't had much time to work on the project unfortunately, just collected some ideas that people had and added them to the Trello board.

Moved my office from home to my very own office building today - hopefully I'll be able to work on the project tomorrow! My new office; (work in progress, just like Voxus hah!)
How exciting! Congrats!

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Wow, that is a really neat space you got there! Congratulations =D
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

TriBlade9

by TriBlade9 » Post

Very neat office! Is that ketchup and mustard on the table? (First things first? x])

jp
Banned
GitHub: kilbith

by jp » Post

TriBlade9 wrote:Is that ketchup and mustard on the table?
Note to self : to add in HomeDecor ;)

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

Cool Office space.
But anyway, Do you think you can make a Boulder? I can maybe do the Nodebox but you would need do the texture. maybe can use got for cobble. But if got a boulder then ok. But you should maybe try make the Bricks kinda like the wooden Flame.

Like have it halfway built. and when craft again adds more and more high until full block. a Small example is Slabs. When two together makes a full block. but I want it so need do same for your wood style. I can look into it for you see I come up with. That if alright with you.

And cannot wait see next ingame pictures ;)
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.