Re: Voxus (WIP)

by Evergreen » Post

It appears he has set up a website for it: http://kenney.itch.io/voxus
Back from the dead!

Kenney
In-game: Kenney

by Kenney » Post

Took a quick break from the game to focus on some other projects, will return ASAP :)
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

u34

by u34 » Post

+1 good work

Daychilde

by Daychilde » Post

This is stunningly amazing. And as someone who starts up new maps and creates a bunch of roads/paths, those paths looks brilliant! I desperately want to play in this world! :)

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

Will soon return to developing Voxus, just 1 more project in the way of completely devoting my time to this project. Got some great ideas!

Only thing I'm looking for is an experienced programmer who could help adjust the games source code and do customized builds for the project. If you feel you're up for it (and don't mind a little payment for your time and work!) just leave a message :)
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

If you provide a list of features you want, developers might get around to adding it. I know you're interested in a new UI system, this is very high on the developer's todo list. You'll still need a programmer for yourself to make things Voxel specific, such as a nice menu (which I imagine you would want). I don't have the know how or the time to do much for you, sorry.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Kenney wrote:Will soon return to developing Voxus, just 1 more project in the way of completely devoting my time to this project. Got some great ideas!

Only thing I'm looking for is an experienced programmer who could help adjust the games source code and do customized builds for the project. If you feel you're up for it (and don't mind a little payment for your time and work!) just leave a message :)
I think that Krock might be a bit interested in helping. He does MSVC builds for dev builds, and he has built some for other people, like devmarth, who is working on blockel.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Krock has also done builds for me for the NodeBoxEditor. Very helpful.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

I am not a very experienced programmer, but I have an ubuntu compile-machine lying around. I could compile your stuff if you throw the makefiles with dependencies my way. But then again, so could many others on this forum.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

TG-MyinaWD
GitHub: Maddie-Myina
IRC: Maddie-Myina
In-game: .

by TG-MyinaWD » Post

Looking good still Kenney. can't wait to play this.

Btw Congrats Hoodedice on 1337 Post ;) (LEET FTW)
Spoiler
hoodedice's 1337 post
hoodedice's 1337 post
1337_post.png (33.03 KiB) Viewed 927 times
I'm a Transgender no shame about it.
I prefer to be considered as a "Girl/Lady/Miss/Madam/Female" for now on.

macabre222
IRC: Macabre222

by macabre222 » Post

No lie, me and my kids check this page and kenny's site daily, we cant wait to try ti out..were a minetest family and love playing together, Keep up the good work :)

bru

by bru » Post

This is incredibly well done.

I'm a huge fan of your textures, same goes with the UI-related stuff. It seems consistent and polished, it has character.

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

Thanks for the kind words everyone :) I'm almost ready to pick up the project again as follows;

Step 1: Design document will be created. The design document describes gameplay features, blocks/items available, the enemies, vehicles and everything else need to launch the first version. I want the first version to be completely playable and make a big impact, that's why I'm holding off with releases (not to create some kind of hype). I'll make sure to open up the design document for others to give feedback and add their own ideas.

Step 2: Find people to help on the project. I'll be handling the graphics (items, textures, models, UI elements, design) and LUA parts of the game while I seek other developers to help improve and add to the Minetest engine. Some big features I'd like to see implemented are shaders (dynamic shadows, water shader etc.) and a better way to display the UI/HUD as well as a user-friendly launcher.

Step 3: Development with an estimated first version release this summer.

Thanks all for supporting :)
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

Hmmm... I think you are going to have to elaborate more on some of these requests, though I think it is possible...

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

philipbenr wrote:Hmmm... I think you are going to have to elaborate more on some of these requests, though I think it is possible...
Oh no worries, the design document will explain them in detail. Will be looking for a (or multiple?) C++ programmers along the way, see who wants to join the project or find someone who hasn't developed for Minetest before.
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

Kenney wrote:
philipbenr wrote:Hmmm... I think you are going to have to elaborate more on some of these requests, though I think it is possible...
Oh no worries, the design document will explain them in detail. Will be looking for a (or multiple?) C++ programmers along the way, see who wants to join the project or find someone who hasn't developed for Minetest before.
Do you mind working with absolute newbies to C/C++? If that is the case, I offer my services. I'm currently reading up on C for my systems programming class next semester. I have fairly advanced knowledge of java though.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

hoodedice wrote:Do you mind working with absolute newbies to C/C++? If that is the case, I offer my services. I'm currently reading up on C for my systems programming class next semester. I have fairly advanced knowledge of java though.
Not at all! If you come across something that you might be able to tackle, feel free to take it on!
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Woah... a Minetest game that looks complex and awesome! Looks good from the screenshots, keep it up! Is there a GIT repository I can get this from please, or another download at this stage?

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Frames in building? MY DREAM COME TRUE!!!!! I hope you put up this game soon! :)
And talking about minecarts, here's a little something for you :)
Hicarts
You can download and then use a text editor to rename it to whatever you like easily :)
Though this would make carts a separate mod of its own, it would theoretically make things easier to mod :)
Although it is still under work and much is to expected, the current version can still work perfect on survival. Report bugs to me. And keep a look out for updates with numerous stuff :)
Last edited by ABJ on Mon May 18, 2015 12:13, edited 1 time in total.

ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

Wait -alarm- do you really mean you want this stuff only in C or C++???????
I can try to do lua tasks for you if you will tell me what you still need or would like to have.

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

@Abj: Please don't double post. If you have something you want to add, please just edit your original post.
Back from the dead!

ABJ

by ABJ » Post

OK LOL. I won't DP. And...well I'm keeping the original posts as they are OK? :)

Kenney

by Kenney » Post

ABJ wrote:And talking about minecarts, here's a little something for you :)
Hicarts
You can download and then use a text editor to rename it to whatever you like easily :)
Thanks for the mod, will be writing everything myself though. It will ensure better compatibility with other items.
ABJ wrote:Wait -alarm- do you really mean you want this stuff only in C or C++???????
I can try to do lua tasks for you if you will tell me what you still need or would like to have.
Thanks again :) I will take on all LUA myself, as I'm fluent in LUA. All tasks that can't be achieved by LUA will be done in C++.
Games:
Voxus | UFO Race

WhoAreYou
In-game: whoareyou

by WhoAreYou » Post

Kenney, will be multiplayer aviable in VoXus?
WhoAreYou the subway builder

WhoAreYou
In-game: whoareyou

by WhoAreYou » Post

Kenney, will be multiplayer aviable in VoXus?
WhoAreYou the subway builder