[Game] A Tome With Trials [WIP]

Gael de Sailly
GitHub: gaelysam
IRC: Gael-de-Sailly
In-game: Gael-de-Sailly gaelysam

Re: [Game] A Tome With Trials [WIP]

by Gael de Sailly » Post

Hi Tyveras, and welcome to the forum.

I'm very happy to see that someone can make 3D models for this subgame :)
ATWT don't even exist for now, but the project seems very promising. What we need to do now is to bring precise ideas about the project. sofar has opened 21 discussions on github including one about models: https://github.com/sofar/atwt/issues/19, one about the player: https://github.com/sofar/atwt/issues/8 and mobs: https://github.com/sofar/atwt/issues/9.
Just realize how bored we would be if the world was perfect.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Tyveras wrote:Hi,
I'm a 3D animator and I'd like to offer my services in the creation of 'A Tome With Trials'. I've been playing Minetest on and off for a few years and I've been lurking in the forums to see what mods people come up with.

I know that the 3D style for Minetest is voxel art, and usually pretty simple; but, I'd like to help so the developers can focus on creating amazing features for this subgame, and not be burdened with the need to create the 3D assets for say, mobs, items, etc.
My goal is to build out entity_ai and to include it as part of this subgame:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15572

There are already 2 models in it, and code for most of them. The hardest part isn't necessarily the modelling per se, but the pixel work. Style and consistency are really hard to get right, and we haven't even started with texture styling yet.

As for voxel style, we haven't yet decided what kind of style we're going for. I think the folks who've helped write out some stuff have a preference, but it's largely up in the air, as long as it matches the pixel sizes and color palette.

Tyveras

by Tyveras » Post

No worries :)

When the team has decided on an art style, and if you would like help creating 3D models, textures and animations just let me know.

Extex
GitHub: Extex101
In-game: Extex

by Extex » Post

Is this project still alive?
Two years and nothing...

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

No, and yes. Most of my time since I wrote this have been going into ITB and other subgames, as well as continuing the development of some core mod components as l wrote about earlier. In a way, the concept to do a whole game is moved to HW for as much as I have time, since I think it can adopt many of the desired items I listed.