[GAME] EpicNode *RPG/MMORPG* [demo]

pinkysnow
GitHub: pinkysnowman

Re: [GAME] EpicNode *RPG/MMORPG* [git demo release][01/2016]

by pinkysnow » Post

new hud bars!
breath bar is in the middle for bette visibility.

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Exp of mobs is now divided between the last up to 10 hitters, hitters list resets after mob goes out of attack mode.
You now can level up and the exp to next lvl is shown on the hud bar.
mobs are different size depending on their lvl.

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Added torches with walking light!

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Due to the lack of interest and no one repling/commenting/reporting bugs/adding sugestions, the public portion of this game will be ended!

If you want to see it you will have to wait till the server is up.

PS: thanks for the few who spoke up or cared, most of you prefer a crappy peiced togeather game rather than a rewrite that actually improves the somewhat old/poor minetest_game code. this girl doesn't give a rats arse if you like me or my game, its mine, its great and you just have poor taste if you don't agree!
So now everyone will have to wait.

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

pinkysnow wrote:Due to the lack of interest and no one repling/commenting/reporting bugs/adding sugestions, the public portion of this game will be ended!

If you want to see it you will have to wait till the server is up.

PS: thanks for the few who spoke up or cared, most of you prefer a crappy peiced togeather game rather than a rewrite that actually improves the somewhat old/poor minetest_game code. this girl doesn't give a rats arse if you like me or my game, its mine, its great and you just have poor taste if you don't agree!
So now everyone will have to wait.
Bad news :(

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

Re: [GAME] EpicNode *RPG/MMORPG* [not for you][Jan-20...Neve

by paramat » Post

Please keep going, lack of comments doesn't mean lack of thread views, interest or appreciation.
For example i follow the thread but don't really have anything to say, however i still consider it a unique and interesting project.
This thread has 2000 views in less than a month so relatively popular.
Last edited by paramat on Thu Jan 14, 2016 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

I have seen many great subgames and mods with no comments but the developer ones, but, as an example, I read all the updates from the forums and every new message, it's a great project.
If it makes you feel better:

+1, can't wait to see this

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

Minetest desperately needs more good Mods. It's combining them in interesting ways that make the game great. I honestly believe that if you split up your game into a bunch of mods you would see a ton of interest, too many replies lots of comments, more bug reports than you want, and too many suggestions. Minetest peeps want to be able to create their own games by experimenting with Mod combinations. They do not want a new complete rigid game handed to them. I never understood why darkrose went off and created a polished new Minetest that didn't have the support of the modding community. I've downloaded her stuff a couple times and get bored after 5 minutes. Where's her modding community? I think you've got incredible talent much more so than most of the modders on here, myself included, and you're free to do what you want. But you can't blame me for wishing you used it to make Minetest better rather than going off and doing your own thing.

mahmutelmas06
GitHub: mahmutelmas06
IRC: mahmutelmas06
In-game: masum

by mahmutelmas06 » Post

We follow your proccess even if we dont comment. Because we cannot comment each screenshots before playing
My Mods:

Beverage

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

I've been watching this project too, it looks very interesting.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

lol guys, the project is not dead, just not going to keep this up to date as its kinda a pita. that and sometimes i wonder about other things..... but anyways its still on the github page and is up to date there.

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Neuromancer wrote:I honestly believe that if you split up your game into a bunch of mods you would see a ton of interest, too many replies lots of comments, more bug reports than you want, and too many suggestions.
you honestly should be able to just drop the game mod into the mods dir and have the whole game as a mod! havent tried it but there are no depends so hell it should work on any server or other game as oly a mod in that way!

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

pinkysnow wrote:
Neuromancer wrote:I honestly believe that if you split up your game into a bunch of mods you would see a ton of interest, too many replies lots of comments, more bug reports than you want, and too many suggestions.
you honestly should be able to just drop the game mod into the mods dir and have the whole game as a mod! havent tried it but there are no depends so hell it should work on any server or other game as oly a mod in that way!
I love ya pinky, but you're not getting my point. See my post: Why Minetest is the greatest game ever developed Most of us don't want a huge polished completed thing. We want legos. Little modules of functionality we can snap together and rip apart into endless possible combinations. If I took your whole game, its like playing with a toy truck in my lego kit. I could rip off the wheel, but I couldn't use it to snap onto my legos.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Modularity can also make it easier to develop, imo, as I found with CTF PVP Engine. Although it can cause some problems, occasionally.
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

well its all so dependent on the specific version of each modbase i have ( as i rewrite alot of things) that its damn near impossiable to seperate without adding even more code and breaking alot of features. now the trees i will do as a mod, maybe the mesh tools as well, possiably the inventory...... but the rest is just all dependent on everything way too much, sorry guys i got the point but its just well, yeah.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

pinkysnow wrote:well its all so dependent on the specific version of each modbase i have ( as i rewrite alot of things) that its damn near impossiable to seperate without adding even more code and breaking alot of features. now the trees i will do as a mod, maybe the mesh tools as well, possiably the inventory...... but the rest is just all dependent on everything way too much, sorry guys i got the point but its just well, yeah.
That's all anyone can do is use modular development when it makes sense, and if the components are too inter-related, keep them together. The art of being a great developer (creating maintainable code) is figuring out the best way to organize and group stuff.

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Neuromancer wrote: That's all anyone can do is use modular development when it makes sense, and if the components are too inter-related, keep them together. The art of being a great developer (creating maintainable code) is figuring out the best way to organize and group stuff.
"great developer" well i can asure you thats not my title, "noob" is a bit more fitting :P

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

New damage feature shows the damage dealt by every hit on both mobs and players!

seperate mod for this is here!

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

feature has been realeased as a seperate mod!

pinkysnow

Re: [GAME] EpicNode *RPG/MMORPG* [demo][Jan-20..]

by pinkysnow » Post

im looking for ideas for middle earth style player races and mobs, please shoot me a quick reply if you have any ideas :D

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Orcs, Elves, Wizards? Barrow Wights, Balrogs?

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Neuromancer wrote:Orcs, Elves, Wizards? Barrow Wights, Balrogs?
thanks, now to google some references and see what happens......

MoNTE48
GitHub: MoNTE48
In-game: MoNTE48

by MoNTE48 » Post

pinkysnow wrote:im looking for ideas for middle earth style player races and mobs, please shoot me a quick reply if you have any ideas :D
Penguin! Oh, yes, I want to see the penguin :)

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Martin_Devil wrote:Penguin! Oh, yes, I want to see the penguin :)
this might be easter egg time :D

pinkysnow

by pinkysnow » Post

Tux is now a playable character, he is lacking animation but meh! only issue is you cant get him, only I know how!!!!
for all of you smart arses out there try to play as tux, i don't think you guys will find this easter egg easily

PS: i erased all the old commits so using that to find out isnt going to work. and no sharing if you get him!