[Game] Grieftest [v0.1.5]

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [Game] Grieftest [v0.1.4]

by maikerumine » Post

Wuzzy wrote:This subgame is so hard, when I start it, it's instantly game over:
ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'weather_pack' in callback environment_Step(): ...etest/games/griefte st/mods/weather_pack/weather_core.lua:96: attempt to index global 'weather' (a nil value)
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ERROR[Main]: ...etest/games/grieftest/mods/weather_pack/weather_core.lua:96: in function 'func'
ERROR[Main]: ...ocal/share/minetest/builtin/profiler/instrumentation.lua:106: in function <...ocal/share/minetest/builtin/profiler/instrumen tation.lua:100>
ERROR[Main]: /usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:412: in function </usr/local/share/minetest/builtin/game/register.lua:392>
ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
ACTION[Main]: [fishing] Server shuts down. saving trophies table
:-(

Grieftest commit ID: a0f0936e710951eae793ff53b42bcbbcea9efaab
Minetest 0.4.16
Oops. Delete weather MOD then it will work.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] Grieftest [v0.1.4]

by Wuzzy » Post

After some playtesting, here are my observations:
  • The game crashes when you plant a bush sapling anywhere
  • I did not die so far in my first playthrough, and I don't intend to do so. ;-) Either I am super hardcore or this game is just easy. :-)
  • Mobs seem to be neither strong nor numerous
  • Mob death animation looks broken, at least for some mobs. The death animation just repeats for some reason
  • The biomes seem to be very chaotic at the moment, but I haven't explored the world at large yet.
  • I like the idea of putting ores into desert stone. This is an obvious omission in many subgames
  • Brown baked clay everywhere! It's so annoying when I find it underground because it means I will not find any ores for a long time. I have the feeling this is intentional, to make digging harder, maybe?
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but many mob sounds seem to be exact copies from Minecraft
  • There are many formspec bugs. Many formspecs (e.g. furnace) show fewer inventory slots than your actual inventory size
  • Hotbar has 9 slots, but an inventory row has 10
  • Villages supply you with insane amounts of wheat which you can quickly turn into bread and you practically have to not worry about hunger for a very long time
  • At cotton fields near villages, there seem to be serious lighting bugs, everything is very dark, even at day
  • Color crafting looks incomplete. Red dye can be only be crafted from one flower, and two other dyes. Some flowers are just useless
  • There is no iron/steel armor
  • Leather is freaking rare. So my first armor was gold armor + steel shield
  • Villages have an interesting and cool layout, and they are pretty complex
  • Village chests are not very diverse. There's a large number of books
  • I don't see the point of “buying” land plots in villages. Doesn't this defeat the idea of anarchy survival without any protection?
  • zcg is a poor choice for a crafting guide, this mod is outdated, buggy and user-unfriendly. I suggest [craftguide], but if possible, try to add an button in the inventory and remove the craft guide items to avoid clutter. Or convince the original mod author to do this
Yeah, this game is obviously at alpha stage. :D

Confusions:
  • Getting the initial tools is a bit confusing. I first had to get sticks out of village chests to be able to craft any useful at all
  • Apparently there's a “Nither” but I have no idea how to reach it
Suggestions:
  • Give the player a simple getting started guide for the most important craftings (basically what you said in the 1st pos). A very simple fix for this would be to give the player a book with text, but this might be just a temporary solution
EDIT: Bug of the day:

The player turns into a giant when sitting on a boat. :D

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: [Game] Grieftest [v0.1.5]

by maikerumine » Post

Thank you for testing!
I too, was testing MC2 and liked it way too much that I decided to abandon this game and focus on mobs_mc. Also, this server was just converted over to MC2, with a few extras.
I plan on using the server to test your subgame and give feed back. :)
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959