by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Are you gonna add it? :)
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

kingoscargames
GitHub: kingoscargames
In-game: kingoscargames

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.27.2]

by kingoscargames » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Are you gonna add it? :)
Wuzzy2 wrote:don't see an easy way to re-implement this either. :-/

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Two major complaints for commit: bab8e958d213c6d08571599074b7e986e89c2f22

- Zero damage when punching mobs by hand. This makes recovery of items nearly impossible, and immensely frustrating - I've frequently had to run back 4-5 times to my corpse, pick up all items, try and find a sword or pickace in my inventory slot, equip it and see myself die again before I could deliver a first punch.

- Enderman are too aggressive. They attack unprovoked, this shouldn't be the case at all in the overworld.

Bug: game.conf has "name = MineClone 2" but I have to put "MineClone2" into world.mt to make it work. The folder name I get from git also has no space when I check it out, so I suggest changing game.conf to omit the `space` character and make it consistent.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

- Zero damage when punching mobs by hand. This makes recovery of items nearly impossible, and immensely frustrating - I've frequently had to run back 4-5 times to my corpse, pick up all items, try and find a sword or pickace in my inventory slot, equip it and see myself die again before I could deliver a first punch.
Not true. This is only true for mobs with minimal armor, like zombies. Most other mobs take damage from hand. The real problem is that the armor system is not yet MC-like, sorry.

I also think survival in MC is meant to be a bit brutal, especially at the beginning. It is crucial you have built a safe base early on. Use torches liberally to keep mobs away. And sometimes, recovery of items is indeed impossible. Death is punishment. That there is no bones block like in Minetest Game is not an accident. If you fail to recover the items in time, they are gone for good. That's the point. Try not to die so often. :P

Note that eventually, difficulty settings will be added.
- Enderman are too aggressive. They attack unprovoked, this shouldn't be the case at all in the overworld.
Yes.
Bug: game.conf has "name = MineClone 2" but I have to put "MineClone2" into world.mt to make it work. The folder name I get from git also has no space when I check it out, so I suggest changing game.conf to omit the `space` character and make it consistent.
Not a bug. Game.conf is only for the official name of the subgame (according to lua_api.txt), displayed to the user. “MineClone 2” is the official name. It would surprise me if MT uses game.conf for anything else, as it would violate the docs.

The directory name is without spaces to avoid confusing the OS. I am confused why your MT fails to use the correct subgame directory name. It already knows it because it knows the subgame directory.

Your directory creation problems sound like either Minetest or your OS is confused. Not a bug in MCL2.

If you absolutely believe this is an MCL2 bug, please:
- Delete all MCL2-related directories in games/ and unzip the subgame again
- Post all relevant version numbers
- Tell me EXACTLY what you did, starting with the Zip file extraction
- How I could possibly reproduce this on my GNU/Linux machine (if you know how)
- Maybe tell me your OS, too. Just in case

By the way: Have you heard of GitHub? I heard someone has created a bugtracker there … ;-)

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Wuzzy wrote:By the way: Have you heard of GitHub? I heard someone has created a bugtracker there … ;-)
You're not using github properly anyway.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I also think survival in MC is meant to be a bit brutal
I've never had problems recovering items in minecraft while 100 blocks down and near bedrock, however, in MCL2, I was unable to retrieve items at the surface, in full daylight. The problem with endermen is the real culprit here. If you accidentally come close to one (no big deal in MC, they avoid you until you look straight at them or hit them) they will keep attacking you if you return to pick up your items.

There's far too many enderman anyway. Seeing an enderman in MC on the surface is rare, but in MCL2 I can see 3 or 4 of them at almost any time. They are wreaking havoc like I have never seen on the landscape. Even in MC I've not seen that much damage after months of play time, but in MCL2 it's a craterscape after a a few hours of play time.

There's a ton of other combat things that are problematic - arrows going through doors, several mobs appear to be punching through walls or floors/ceilings, can easily jump fences, and the sound level of some combat stuff is either missing or way too soft, sometimes I don't even notice that something is hitting me from behind, there's just no audible notification.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Wuzzy wrote: I also think survival in MC is meant to be a bit brutal
you kiddin'? it's pie until you enter hardcore. Regeneration is biased. And with the new properties of the sword (the mutiple strike) and of the axe (hard damage and knockback) it's easier than ever. I don't even talk of shields which blocks 100% of damage.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:
you kiddin'? it's pie until you enter hardcore. Regeneration is biased. And with the new properties of the sword (the mutiple strike) and of the axe (hard damage and knockback) it's easier than ever. I don't even talk of shields which blocks 100% of damage.
Well, although I do agree that "brutal" is an overstatement, it's definitely not "pie." Survival is meant to be somewhat challenging, after all, but it is true that it should be possible to retrieve items in most situations.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

You're not using github properly anyway.
This is the lamest excuse ever for ignoring the bugtracker. The bugtracker works perfectly fine and I simply don't want to use GitHub for the repository.

Anyway, it seems MCL2 needs some serious playtesting.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

octacian wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:
Well, although I do agree that "brutal" is an overstatement, it's definitely not "pie." Survival is meant to be somewhat challenging, after all, but it is true that it should be possible to retrieve items in most situations.
It's real pie now. seriously. And i don't say on phone. it's like a point and click.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

YoukaiCountry
GitHub: nbcwell

by YoukaiCountry » Post

Interesting issue I ran into:
The mesecons command block seems to work fine, except for teleport.

Teleport simply won't work, and I think it might have something to do with privileges.
For example if I go into the mesecons_commandblock/init.lua file and change dummy_player on line 93 to the name of a player with proper privileges, it works then.

If you like, I can make an issue for it in github.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Anyway, it seems MCL2 needs some serious playtesting.
FWIW it's been fun playing. I definitely recommend playing with headphones to solve the audio level issues, as with headphones you generally hear soft sounds better. There's a ton of stuff that needs a "little" tweaking that doesn't really distract from the gameplay, so all in all it's been good fun. I think I've played 10+ hours at this point. Some things were a bit rough, like getting iron, I must have had bad luck. My rabbits escape through fence gates, so much for a leather farm. Too many horses and no saddle!

kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

I renamed debug.txt and loaded my survival world and when i opened the new debug.txt there were many warnings
Spoiler
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fishing:carp_raw -> mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fishing:shark_raw -> mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fishing:shark_raw -> mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:end_rod -> mcl_end:end_rod
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:dragon_egg -> mcl_end:dragon_egg
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: esmobs:dragon_egg -> mcl_end:dragon_egg
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:stone_with_coal -> mcl_core:stone_with_coal
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:jungletree -> mcl_core:jungletree
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:pine_tree -> mcl_core:sprucetree
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:jungleleaves -> mcl_core:jungleleaves
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:pine_needles -> mcl_core:spruceleaves
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:wood -> mcl_core:wood
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:meselamp -> mcl_nether:glowstone
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:sign_wall -> mcl_core:sign_wall_wood
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fire:basic_flame -> mcl_fire:fire
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: dropper:dropper -> mcl_droppers:dropper
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:chest -> mcl_chests:chest
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:quartz_ore -> mcl_nether:quartz_ore
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:rack_with_diamond -> mcl_core:stone_with_diamond
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: esmobs:bones -> mcl_core:chest
2017-08-31 14:16:36: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mg_villages:road -> mcl_stairs:slab_stone

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

These warnings have been eliminated.

kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

Wuzzy wrote:These warnings have been eliminated.
I thought i removed all files and then reinstalled them. :/

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Are there any villages in MC2? I've been searching for days... :'(
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

I don't believe there are (or i just haven't found them yet), you can spawn them in though.
Last edited by kingoscargames on Thu Aug 31, 2017 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

A spawned village Image
Attachments
screenshot_20170831_172713.png
screenshot_20170831_172713.png (868.25 KiB) Viewed 754 times

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

how do you spawn in a village?
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

Only use it on a test world though because it can damage buildings.
Attachments
screenshot_20170831_172713.png
screenshot_20170831_172713.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 754 times

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

kingoscargames wrote:
It worked! Thank youuuuuuu! :D
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

kingoscargames

by kingoscargames » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
kingoscargames wrote:
It worked! Thank youuuuuuu! :D
:)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Villages are disabled because they are very broken at hills or mountains. They perform poorly there and villages tend to hang in the sky. Not good.

The village you get with /spawnstruct village kinda works but is currently buggy as well (e.g. torches, glass panes, etc.).

Note that I am currently heavily working on map generation stuff, so sooner or later I might fix the villages, or redo them from scratch, or just take one of many village mods. I don't know yet.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Why not take look at village mods and stuff. I was gonna look into making a village that is sorta a modern style of minecraft village.
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!