[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Walker
In-game: Walker

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.59.0]

by Walker » Post

a new bug ( with the old version 0.58.1, i dont updated yet ... i will update after the backup tomorow ):

Code: Select all

2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mcl_cocoas' in callback node_on_punch(): ...minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:98: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'b' (a nil value)
2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:98: in function 'add'
2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: 	...inetest/games/mineclone2/mods/CORE/mcl_attached/init.lua:10: in function 'check_single_for_falling'
2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: 	.../minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/game/falling.lua:301: in function 'check_for_falling'
2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: 	.../minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/game/falling.lua:344: in function 'callback'
2020-02-23 18:41:30: ERROR[Main]: 	...pix/minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:507: in function <...pix/minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/game/item.lua:500>

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: Version 0.59.0 released! Nicknamed “The Armor Update”!

by Nicu » Post

texmex wrote:86.1 apparently.
Thanks. I see the default FOV in Minecraft is 70, and it's 72 in Minetest, although I see people have mixed opinions about the correctness of Minetest's default FOV.

86.1 is actually the "Resulting horizontal field of view" on a 4:3 aspect ratio, but Minecraft is displayed in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Minetest, on the other hand, is displayed on a slightly different aspect ratio, which probably makes the difference in how we perceive the two games. In windowed mode, Minecraft is 854x480 (16:9) and Minetest is 1024x600, which is a bit taller to be a 16:9. Does this mean it can simply show a bit more vertically or does this influence the FOV perception? I don't know... the developers behind the 3D engine could answer that.

But there's a visible difference between the earlier FOV and the current one.

Before (FOV 72):

After the update (FOV 86.1):
Wuzzy wrote:About the new armor bar:
The thing is, if I make it configurable, the meaning of the armor bar becomes ambigious, which is bad for server play … I need to think of some better solution for this.
It's fine, Minecraft does it the same, so it makes sense to have it in MineClone. But can you auto-equip the armor when we shift-click an armor item and its respective slot is empty? That would be useful. In Minecraft you can't even move an armor item in the crafting slots by shift-clicking - only if you manually put it there.
Last edited by Nicu on Tue Feb 25, 2020 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Jacques

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.59.1]

by Jacques » Post

I just had a game crash fighting a skeleton and a creeper (creative mode was on). It occurs to me repeateably fighting skeletons from a mob spawner.

2020-02-24 11:51:37: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_mc' in callback luaentity_Step(): D:\minetest\bin\..\builtin\common\vector.lua:59: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
2020-02-24 11:51:37: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-02-24 11:51:37: ERROR[Main]: 	D:\minetest\bin\..\builtin\common\vector.lua:59: in function 'distance'
2020-02-24 11:51:37: ERROR[Main]: 	...t\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:157: in function 'object_in_range'
2020-02-24 11:51:37: ERROR[Main]: 	...t\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:2098: in function 'do_states'
2020-02-24 11:51:37: ERROR[Main]: 	...t\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:3163: in function <...t\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:3013>
Last edited by Jacques on Tue Feb 25, 2020 02:03, edited 1 time in total.

Walker

by Walker » Post

just when I wanted to go to bed -.-

2020-02-24 21:29:45: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_mc' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:59: attempt to index local 'b' (a nil value)
2020-02-24 21:29:45: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-02-24 21:29:45: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest520-dev/share/minetest/builtin/common/vector.lua:59: in function 'distance'
2020-02-24 21:29:45: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:157: in function 'object_in_range'
2020-02-24 21:29:45: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:2098: in function 'do_states'
2020-02-24 21:29:45: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:3163: in function <...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:3013>

Nicu

Re: Version 0.59.0 released! Nicknamed “The Armor Update”!

by Nicu » Post

Wuzzy wrote:[*]Completely revised and re-balanced armor protection and durability
I'm not sure if we were previously spoiled with better armor, or the update made it considerably weaker, because the damage received is quite significant now. I'm curious what more experienced players will report on this matter.
Wuzzy wrote:[*]Weapons reduce in durability again for attacking
Is this properly balanced? The iron axe feels too weak now. You can see its usage status going down really fast, which seems to be a lot faster than in Minecraft. I just went back to punching trees instead of nearly-insta-spending my tools.

Testing the number of hits to kill mobs resulted in this:
Wooden Axe: ~31 hits
Stone Axe: ~68 hits
Iron Axe: ~112 hits

Oh, and I just noticed 2 flying horses and later a flying donkey. I only managed to take a screenshot but it isn't clear what happened, as the moment I captured was from up a mountain, looking at the water at the bottom, while the donkey was visually over the water. I suspect the horses were also in the water, next to the shoreline, because that's where that flying donkey "took off" vertically in the air. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, can anyone confirm that hostile mobs can spawn inside houses or even properly lit areas while it snows? I had a creeper in my house that I ran into when I climbed down the stairs. It blew up more resources than I want to remember... It doesn't help either that they have such a "short fuse", unlike the Minecraft creepers, which hiss for a while before they blow up, and you can get away from them before they explode.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I'm not sure if we were previously spoiled with better armor, or the update made it considerably weaker, because the damage received is quite significant now. I'm curious what more experienced players will report on this matter.
Previously, the armor was not balanced at all and it was way too strong. You were basically immortal with diamond armor.

Is this properly balanced? The iron axe feels too weak now. You can see its usage status going down really fast, which seems to be a lot faster than in Minecraft. I just went back to punching trees instead of nearly-insta-spending my tools.
The number of uses for chopping down trees has not been changed. Currently, it is at (ca.):
- Wood: 60
- Stone: 132
- Iron: 251
- Gold: 33
- Diamond: 1562

However, the usage count for attacking is half of that. This is by design and also in accordance with MC. The MC Wiki claims that one axe attack costs TWO durability points (in MC).

Wuzzy

Version 0.59.1! Version 0.59.2!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.59.1 released!

- Water/lava droplets no longer appear at glass
- Update Spanish translation (thanks, wuniversales!)
- Horses heal by different HP amount depending on food
- Fix crash in mcl_attached

Version 0.59.2 released!

- Fix crash in mcl_mobs

Nicu

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.59.2]

by Nicu » Post

Nice! Does this mean it can no longer rain through glass roofs?

Segmented Worm

by Segmented Worm » Post

Extra hand for holding torch and shield would be nice.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I believe rotten flesh is edible in Minecraft (it quenches hunger but could cause poisoning). I wasn't able to eat rotten flesh in Mineclone. I'm not sure if that's a known issue.
I also can't feed it to wolves to try to tame them, but I'm guessing that's normal since mobs need a lot of work.

Edit: unrelated, but a creeper just blew up next to my chest and the chest broke, but the items didn't drop from the chest. I would expect the items to float around after the chest breaks not to get destroyed with the chest.
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

Ryu
In-game: Ryu

by Ryu » Post

Some Things I have noticed

- Clocks and compasses that are framed do not update
- Block reach in Minecraft is 5 whereas Mineclone2 has 4

markodon
In-game: mark

by markodon » Post

To many mobs spawn, it get crowded with animals to much. There are sometimes nasty lags when hundreds of them swim in the water and then fly in the air.

Walker

by Walker » Post

markodon wrote:To many mobs spawn, it get crowded with animals to much. There are sometimes nasty lags when hundreds of them swim in the water and then fly in the air.
+1
i need to configure my server to just 1/50 to be playable

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Its cuz they're protected species likely. You should love them.
May God be with you, always.

markodon
In-game: mark

by markodon » Post

when pigs fly, literally, only in MineClone :)

Animal party, wait for me.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

leo_rockway wrote:I believe rotten flesh is edible in Minecraft (it quenches hunger but could cause poisoning). I wasn't able to eat rotten flesh in Mineclone. I'm not sure if that's a known issue.
I also can't feed it to wolves to try to tame them, but I'm guessing that's normal since mobs need a lot of work.
Eating rotten flesh works, but you probably tried it when your hunger bar was full. The wolves are indeed not interested in the rotten flesh. They can be tamed with bones.
leo_rockway wrote:a creeper just blew up next to my chest and the chest broke, but the items didn't drop from the chest. I would expect the items to float around after the chest breaks not to get destroyed with the chest.
Some of the chest items can be destroyed in explosions, just like in Minecraft. I'm not sure what the odds are in either game, though, as I only experienced it once or twice in each game - not enough for relevant info. :)

Walker

by Walker » Post

markodon wrote:Image
when pigs fly, literally, only in MineClone :)

Animal party, wait for me.
lags party, wait for me. ... please not -.-

universales
GitHub: wuniversales

by universales » Post

I just fixed a fire related mineclone 2 error.
https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2/issues/636
I hope that for the next update the error will be corrected: D

Ryu

by Ryu » Post

This is a minor issue but when you dispense water through a lit Nether portal in Minecraft it shatters but in Mineclone2 it does not dispense

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Nicu wrote:
leo_rockway wrote:I believe rotten flesh is edible in Minecraft (it quenches hunger but could cause poisoning). I wasn't able to eat rotten flesh in Mineclone. I'm not sure if that's a known issue.
Eating rotten flesh works, but you probably tried it when your hunger bar was full. The wolves are indeed not interested in the rotten flesh. They can be tamed with bones.
I guess I wasn't hungry, because I just tested it and it works (and it even poisoned me like it should most of the time). And I could've sworn you could feed rotten flesh to wolves. I forgot it was supposed to be bones. Rotten flesh is to heal dogs' wounds.

So neither is actually an issue. I'm glad!
Try Skyblock for MineClone 2
Listen to this sound and music pack!

cHyper-0815OL

by cHyper-0815OL » Post

error with latest version from CDB? mt version 5.2.0-0cd34e

ModError: Failed to load and run script from D:\games\minetest-5.2.0-0cb34ce-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather\init.lua:
...mes\mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather/skycolor.lua:75: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'ipairs'
	...mes\mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather/skycolor.lua:75: in function 'update_sky_color'
	...mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather/weather_core.lua:175: in function 'change_weather'
	...mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather/weather_core.lua:261: in function 'load_weather'
	...mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather/weather_core.lua:272: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	....\games\mineclone2\mods\ENVIRONMENT\mcl_weather\init.lua:10: in main chunk
Siehe debug.txt für Details.

Ryu

by Ryu » Post

leo_rockway wrote:
Nicu wrote:
I guess I wasn't hungry, because I just tested it and it works (and it even poisoned me like it should most of the time). And I could've sworn you could feed rotten flesh to wolves. I forgot it was supposed to be bones. Rotten flesh is to heal dogs' wounds.

So neither is actually an issue. I'm glad!
If you feed rotten flesh to wolves in Minecraft it will make hearts apear above them

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

@cHyper-0815OL: MineClone 2 is NOT supported for -dev versions of Minetest! You're using a -dev version. Only the latest stable Minetest version is supported. The latest stable version is currently 5.1.1.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Congratulations on the 4444th commit!

cHyper-0815OL

by cHyper-0815OL » Post

Wuzzy wrote:@cHyper-0815OL: MineClone 2 is NOT supported for -dev versions of Minetest! You're using a -dev version. Only the latest stable Minetest version is supported. The latest stable version is currently 5.1.1.
thx for info.