[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

kay27
GitHub: kay27

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.66.2]

by kay27 » Post

Hi!

I made some fixes of beds and furnaces, hope somebody would merge them.

And I want to ask you about the fix by MysticTempest: Fix mobs getting stuck in water, fix mobs falling off cliffs, and lower spider speed so cliff_danger check is properly applied.

What do you think about it? For me it's great - they really don't stuck jumping in water anymore!

But there's another strange effect on the image, I wonder if you find it "just normal" as well, lol :D
Attachments
screenshot_20200727_021950.png
screenshot_20200727_021950.png (381.79 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 22:39
Hi!

I made some fixes of beds and furnaces, hope somebody would merge them.

And I want to ask you about the fix by MysticTempest: Fix mobs getting stuck in water, fix mobs falling off cliffs, and lower spider speed so cliff_danger check is properly applied.

What do you think about it? For me it's great - they really don't stuck jumping in water anymore!

But there's another strange effect on the image, I wonder if you find it "just normal" as well, lol :D
Mobs already far from shore may take a while to disperse. As, the radius check for land is still only 5. But, now they're allowed to move.
While the mobs near shore should stay within the vicinity; returning to land after a short bit.

From what I tested; they moved okay. But, I might've missed something. Were they there for a while; did they seem to be idling or something?
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

MysticTempest wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:28
Were they there for a while; did they seem to be idling or something?
My first impression was wow they can move!
Next - I met couple of creepers and zombies in the mine and it was something new for me too, they went towards me... but it was only once, probably they escaped from some traps after your fix.
And the third is that. Looks like a pasture not the ocean... they all moving, that seems to be all right :)
But I didn't switch off my server a long and it really has mobs demographic problems... maybe just because they don't burn in the sunlight as in original MC.
I'll watch them further. Anyway - thank you so much!

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

kay27 wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 14:06
MysticTempest wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:28
Were they there for a while; did they seem to be idling or something?
My first impression was wow they can move!
Next - I met couple of creepers and zombies in the mine and it was something new for me too, they went towards me... but it was only once, probably they escaped from some traps after your fix.
And the third is that. Looks like a pasture not the ocean... they all moving, that seems to be all right :)
But I didn't switch off my server a long and it really has mobs demographic problems... maybe just because they don't burn in the sunlight as in original MC.
I'll watch them further. Anyway - thank you so much!
Ah okay, haha ^-^
Yea, there's a few other mob bugs I have my eyes on. So, while doing that; I'll see what else I can do to optimize their pathfinding in water.

And, no prob! I'm pretty excited as well by what everyone has been discussing, and committing to the repo lately.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

CosmosNebula
In-game: CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

Hi,
I copied the files in the worlds folder from Minetest 5.2 to the worlds folder in Minetest 5.3 to update it and then tried playing on one of the Mineclone 2 worlds, but then this error occurred:

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: environment_Step: Runtime error from mod 'controls' in callback environment_Step(): ...in64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\CORE\controls\init.lua:55: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	...in64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\CORE\controls\init.lua:55: in function <...in64\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\CORE\controls\init.lua:39>
	...st\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:429: in function <...st\minetest-5.3.0-win64\bin\..\builtin\game\register.lua:413>
stack traceback:
How do I fix this?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

About MineClone 2 development

by Wuzzy » Post

There has been a lot of development behind the scenes lately.
In the next version, there will be potions, brewing and status effects and tipped arrows. Status effects are temporary and apply to players and mobs and there are things like increased speed, highr jump strength, poison, and more. Potions can be brewed, drunk and even thrown. There are also tipped arrows that give the victim a status effect.
This all needs still a lot of testing and cleanup, obviously, because this is a very big addition and a lot of aspects of the game are touched by this.

So the next release takes longer than usual.
We need to make sure the new system works together with everything else. Especially testing.

This is work done mostly by bzoss and contributors, I'm very thankful for that.

I'm also happy to announce to have added several people that have permission to directly work on the repository: bzoss, ryvn, MysticTempest, aligator and Booglejr.

I cannot predict a release date. I plan a release when the potion effect stuff is working more or less stable.

-----

@CosmosNebula: Did you update MCL2, too?

CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

@Wuzzy: I thought that MCL2 version 0.66.2 was compatible with both Minetest 5.2 & 5.3?

kay27

by kay27 » Post

CosmosNebula wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 23:53
@Wuzzy: I thought that MCL2 version 0.66.2 was compatible with both Minetest 5.2 & 5.3?
Release is compatible, actually. Latest version is compatible with 5.3 only.

Error you posted before shows that you probably do not have this commit, so it isn't 0.66.2... I tried to download 0.66.2 from the link in the top post and check mods/CORE/controls/init.lua - it actually contain from line 19:

local known_controls = {
	jump=true,
	right=true,
	left=true,
	LMB=true,
	RMB=true,
	sneak=true,
	aux1=true,
	down=true,
	up=true,
}
And that wasn't there before. So you may check it yourself too...

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

CosmosNebula wrote:
Don't tell me we have to download (again!) Minetest?
>.< pfffff....
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

kay27 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 01:09
CosmosNebula wrote:
Release is compatible, actually. Latest version is compatible with 5.3 only.

Error you posted before shows that you probably do not have this commit, so it isn't 0.66.2... I tried to download 0.66.2 from the link in the top post and check mods/CORE/controls/init.lua - it actually contain from line 19:

local known_controls = {
	jump=true,
	right=true,
	left=true,
	LMB=true,
	RMB=true,
	sneak=true,
	aux1=true,
	down=true,
	up=true,
}
And that wasn't there before. So you may check it yourself too...
@kay27: I changed the init.lua file, and it works now. But when I joined my world, I'm back at spawn with nothing in my inventory. What should I do?

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@CosmosNebula I happy that you have a progress.
But why you should change something in manual way?
I would suggest you to download 0.66.2, unpack it in games folder and use it instead of the buggy version you have.

CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

kay27 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 17:26
@CosmosNebula I happy that you have a progress.
But why you should change something in manual way?
I would suggest you to download 0.66.2, unpack it in games folder and use it instead of the buggy version you have.
Ok, I'll do that. But why aren't the worlds saving? I joined the right world, except I was at spawn with an empty inventory.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

CosmosNebula wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 03:04
But why aren't the worlds saving? I joined the right world, except I was at spawn with an empty inventory.
I think they are. When you have many worlds, mods, platform versions... not as hard to mix them, wish you a good luck.

I have other problems for now, you won't see it in MineClone 2, it's what might be when I try to improve the portals... LOL:

(Special for Wuzzy, yes, I know, it is my fault, but I'm just having fun looking at that and want to share it with others.)
Attachments
screen177.png
screen177.png (140.02 KiB) Viewed 1217 times

CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

kay27 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 17:35
CosmosNebula wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 03:04
But why aren't the worlds saving? I joined the right world, except I was at spawn with an empty inventory.
I think they are. When you have many worlds, mods, platform versions... not as hard to mix them, wish you a good luck.

I have other problems for now, you won't see it in MineClone 2, it's what might be when I try to improve the portals... LOL:

(Special for Wuzzy, yes, I know, it is my fault, but I'm just having fun looking at that and want to share it with others.)
My world didn't save though. :c

kay27

by kay27 » Post

If you hadn't deleted it it must be saved... It is inside Minetest's directory structure. BTW what operating system you use? @CosmosNebula

CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

kay27 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 23:30
If you hadn't deleted it it must be saved... It is inside Minetest's directory structure. BTW what operating system you use? @CosmosNebula
Windows 10. I copied the worlds files and the mods files. Are there other files I'm supposed to copy?

kay27

by kay27 » Post

I play on win10 too, unpacking every new version of Minetest in its dedicated folder, eg. c:\games\minetest\Minetest-5.3.0 and there is 'worlds' subfolder in it where you get to copy your world before starting minetest.exe from bin subfolder. Are you doing same way?

'games' subfolder doesn't seem to contain any personalities, excepting mods or some patches, but even if you modded the game, I would suggest better to download fresh MineClone2 still (in .\games), and then re-download all desired mods again - because they might be updated to new Minetest platform too... I think it would be goot to update them too, if you use them

CosmosNebula

by CosmosNebula » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 02:03
I play on win10 too, unpacking every new version of Minetest in its dedicated folder, eg. c:\games\minetest\Minetest-5.3.0 and there is 'worlds' subfolder in it where you get to copy your world before starting minetest.exe from bin subfolder. Are you doing same way?

'games' subfolder doesn't seem to contain any personalities, excepting mods or some patches, but even if you modded the game, I would suggest better to download fresh MineClone2 still (in .\games), and then re-download all desired mods again - because they might be updated to new Minetest platform too... I think it would be goot to update them too, if you use them
I'll try downloading MineClone 2 again.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

What do you think about TNT?
I hate it :)
It didn't consider Minetest protection with predictable results.

I made a fix in my forked repo, tested it and found that TNT still ignites by buttons in protected areas, and I don't know whether it must be so (in protected areas it is now exploding only itself).

I also passed TNT_RANGE constant into the code of explode() because I thought it would be right but maybe I was wrong - radius became a bit bigger and the code of explosion isn't very fast...

Nebbie

by Nebbie » Post

kay27 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 01:15

I made a fix in my forked repo, tested it and found that TNT still ignites by buttons in protected areas, and I don't know whether it must be so (in protected areas it is now exploding only itself).

This is actually a problem in Minecraft itself; buttons can be used to bypass villagers disliking you setting off TNT within villages, and speedrunners exploit that to collect mass amounts of wood to trade villagers items made of their own houses!
The only way to really fix it would be for redstone signal changes to remember a player ID carrying on from an input with any changes (have to avoid things like an OR gate or a double NOT losing it), as long as they're in protection, which could have severe performance issues in large circuits.
Probably best to just leave TNT unable to destroy protected stuff at all.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Nebbie wrote: and speedrunners exploit that to collect mass amounts of wood to trade villagers items made of their own houses!
How cruel :-( Villagers in MC seem to be mistreated a lot. I hope ours will lead a happier life.
A list of my mods can be found here.

paju1986

by paju1986 » Post

I was looking for a HD texture pack to work with mineclone2 and i found none, so i started working on adapting the great polygonia HD 512px texture pack by Lockrates to MineClone2. This is the fork with my repo: https://github.com/paju1986/Polygonia_512px
There is still a lot of work to do and a lot of textures that need renaming/adapting but its work in progress.

Regards!

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

This is a welcome addition, thanks for working on it! :D

kay27

by kay27 » Post

I continue to making some changes to Nether portal and want to know would you like them or not, eg. crossing experiment:

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 03:48
I continue to making some changes to Nether portal and want to know would you like them or not, eg. crossing experiment:
The horror!
:/
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)