[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.12.1]

by Wuzzy » Post

toby109tt wrote:Well me and Lipki are thinking about making a Summerfields 16x16 wuld that be interesting?
Well if it sorta kinda looks like Minecraft (it should sorta kinda remind of Minecraft, but this is a very loose criterion) AND is released under a free culture license (MIT License, CC0, WTPL, CC BY, CC BY-SA, etc.) AND is 16×16 AND is more or less up-to-date for 1.11, then yes.

But before you start, I would first want to know if there are already *existing* texture packs which are eligible.
If some textures are missing, it MAY be okay; because it is 16×16 I could try to combine it with textures from other packs. This would suck, but better than having no textures at all.
Pixel Perfection looks okay, but I first want to know if there's something more minecrafty. If I don't find any minecrafty texture packs which are eligible in a long time, I may throw the “looks like Minecraft” criterion out of the window.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Summerfields doesn't look like Minecraft a lot

Updates go really fast we even make updates for snapshots we are already working on terracotta XD

It will be 16x that's the point of Summerfields 16x16

And as far as I know It's Free to use as long as you give credit that is

Bdw I'm a manager and artist for Summerfields so I can get some stuff done
Just say If You're interested or Not

Also give it a look http://summerfields.info there's a MC and MT pack

Bu_Gee
GitHub: Bu-Gee
In-game: Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Post

Is the 'digging_rework' branch usable at all? If so, I'd like to give it a try for my stream tomorrow.

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Post

Wouldn't discussions about texture packs be better suited in the texture pack forum so we can leave this thread to be about Mineclone 2?

In fact, it already looks like some of the mcresconvert stuff is already being hashed out over there.

u19503

by u19503 » Post

and another lets play its even wurse than the previus XD

i found a copple new bugs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTGjJsF ... e=youtu.be

also wuzzy shuld i keep posting these? are they usefull?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

SummerFields is CC BY-SA-NC 4.0 :-(((((((
It's not minecrafty anyways, so whatever.
https://github.com/SummerFields/SummerF ... LICENSE.md

Seriously, Creative Commons should nuke these terrible -NC licenses, they are the pest.
But maybe you can get the original SummerFields authors to change the license. Good luck.

digging_rework has now been merged with master again. There will be a release very soon.

Texture discussions are on-topic as long we are talking about the default textures of MineClone 2, or about which textures *should* be the default. Which is the case.

PS: Random hint: You can activate the minimap if you hold the map item in the hotbar and press F7.

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

Why bother requiring f7 to be pressed? There's a way to register when the user selects a new item in the hotbar, couldn't you then just set the player attributes to show the minimap?

This is why I wish you had MineClone on GitHub ;)
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

Wuzzy

Version 0.13.0—“Slimy Zombie Rabbit with a Diamond Pickaxe”

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.13.0, nicknamed “Slimy Zombie Rabbit with a Diamond Pickaxe”, released.

Important changes
  • Digging times reworked: The digging times of all blocks have been reworked to be much, much more Minecraft-like and balanced
  • New mobs: Rabbits, husk, baby zombie, baby husk
  • A lot of mob-related tweaks and updates (see below)
  • Flat mapgen is now supported

Mobs
  • Rabbits
  • Husks (zombie variant in desert)
  • Baby zombies and baby husks (don't underestimate them!)
  • Complete rework of slime and magma cube: Better size, better behaviour, better death, much more fun to fight
  • Magma cubes now come in 3 sizes instead of 2
  • Remove annoying mob-related chat messages
  • Breeding mobs now requires only 1 food item per mob (yes, breeding works already)
  • Adjust water and lava damage
  • Zombies now see you from 40 blocks instead of 15
  • Spiders are hostile at night but peaceful at day
  • Rework spawn egg textures to be slightly less ugly
  • Black, light grey and dark grey sheep can now spawn
  • Less frequent endermen
  • Fix food and breeding for pigs
  • Tweak size of many mobs: endermen, zombie, pig, chicken, sheep
  • Tweak behaviour of many mobs, especially movement and jumping
  • Fix missing/incorrect drops of many mobs
  • Add/change some mob sounds
  • Add egg laying sound for chicken
Mapgen
  • Add support for “flat” map generator. This is like “Superflat” (void under bedrock under 2 dirt under 1 grass block under air), but there are some holes in the dirt (sadly)
  • fractals, v5, v7 and valleys are now not stone-only worlds anymore and have VERY simple biomes. But they are unplayable for anything besides Creative Mode because there are no trees
Blocks
  • Anvil (incomplete, currently only falls and deals damage on hit)
  • Add/fix some piston and torch sound effects
  • Holding a barrier (mcl_core:barrier) in hand now reveals the positions of nearby barriers
  • Redstone trails are now attached
Bugfixes
  • Fix crash when a boat receives a punch from something that is not a player (e.g. creeper explosion)
  • Signs were not placable
  • Fence gates dropped incorrectly
  • Reworked drop probabilities: Potato plant, melon stem, pumpkin stem, beetroot plant
  • Fix crash in crafting guide when a recipe / an item had an unused group
  • Pistons were able pull or push the Void
  • Mobs don't spawn on barriers anymore
  • Ignited TNT could be destroyed without explosion by punching
  • A cake now has 7 slices instead of 6
  • Update HUD Bars mod to 1.7.1 to fix a possible crash
Other
  • Mark incomplete items with “WIP” in tooltip
  • Tools are now in the mod “mcl_tools”

Bu_Gee

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.13.0]

by Bu_Gee » Post

Nice one, Wuzzy.

This looks like it'll be at least an inventory breaker. Will it break worlds too? Should I generate a new world for good measure? :p

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

As far I know, neither items nor worlds will be broken with this update. Otherwise, I would have said so. But if you don't trust me, you can always backup your world before you load it.
Why bother requiring f7 to be pressed? There's a way to register when the user selects a new item in the hotbar, couldn't you then just set the player attributes to show the minimap?

This is why I wish you had MineClone on GitHub ;)
I can only allow or disallow the user to activate the minimap, but I can't force the client to actually display the minimap. Only the user can decide when to enable the minimap.

What has this to do with GitHub? This project has a bugtracker now. Any code contributions can be done by the usual forking and telling-me-about-the fork workflow (see also: http://repo.or.cz/MineClone/MineClone2. ... IBUTING.md). Why are people SO obsessed about GitHub? Not everyone hosts code on GitHub. Deal with it. :P

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

Ah, you are right. I had forgotten about how you cannot actually force the client to display the minimap.

On the topic of more recent changes, this PR might help with getting anvils working.

GitHub is like the center of open source, I mean, just, ... :rotfl:

I guess launchpad would be a more valid "center," but STILL, I mean, ugh, :P
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

Noticed that rain should be more dark blue and more transparent. There should also be more drops, and they should be slightly smaller and faster. Snow skybox should be a little whiter I think. There is still no player preview or craft grid in creative mode. Anvil should make a sound when placed and when it hits the ground. Bug with anvil: rotates when it hits the ground (wants to always be on X axis). Also, particle effects will soon be possible (or easier in any case) in the next MT version since particle effects were added.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

sofar wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:i don't think so...

EDIT: a new better pack: UNITY 16x
NC, and it probably violates MC copyrights, and it's actually not 16px.

So I doubt Wuzzy would pick that. I'd advise him not to.
your true it's an hybrid pack sorry. but don't add summerfields texture, i think it does not looks like minecaft at all.
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

It appears that someone, who is willing and has the time, will need to create a texture pack, which closely resembles the default MC texture pack, and release it under a free license.

This seems the simplest, and most obvious solution to this issue.
I would suggest though, whomever takes on the task, keep their source files in a folder within the TP for proof of creation.
A Wonderful World

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

I might take on the task when get the time. But I need Wuzzy to say he will use it before I go and spend boat-loads of time on this.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

I could! i just need to start form a pack like hdx 16*16 and i could do it, in something like a month or less. starting now!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The texture pack doesn't have to resemble Minecraft that well. It just needs to be a “light” reminder. Also, it is also probably better if it doesn't look TOO similar to Minecraft. You know, because of copyright. But as I said, this “minecraftiness” is a rather loose requirement. 16×16 is much more important.

Are you really sure you want to create a whole texture pack just for MineClone 2? I think this is a bit overkill and clearly not the “simplest” solution. Not before extensive research has been done and there really isn't a good free/libre 16×16 texture pack available. Personally, I don't want to believe this. It can't be that hard to find a free/libre 16×16 texture pack, right?

PS: HDX 16×16 sounds like a contradiction in itself. XD

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

Wuzzy wrote:The texture pack doesn't have to resemble Minecraft that well. It just needs to be a “light” reminder. Also, it is also probably better if it doesn't look TOO similar to Minecraft. You know, because of copyright. But as I said, this “minecraftiness” is a rather loose requirement. 16×16 is much more important.

Are you really sure you want to create a whole texture pack just for MineClone 2? I think this is a bit overkill and clearly not the “simplest” solution. Not before extensive research has been done and there really isn't a good free/libre 16×16 texture pack available. Personally, I don't want to believe this. It can't be that hard to find a free/libre 16×16 texture pack, right?

PS: HDX 16×16 sounds like a contradiction in itself. XD
I know "I" wasn't offering :P But I think azekill and greendiamond might be?
I would think if they worked in cohesion, maybe one on blocks, etc and the other on tools, etc.

But, anyway... there has to be some TP available which has a free license, or possibly the owner could be contacted to get permission ( I know many are pretty reasonable regarding this).

I keep procrastinating about getting in touch with Glimmar for a mod I made for myself which I'd really love to share, so, I know procrastination can sometimes play a large role ; ) .. especially when you have so much more important areas to focus on for now

IDK how anything 16px can be "HD"? o_0
A Wonderful World

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Post

I don't make textures so this might be the stupidest idea ever, but can't we just scale the existing textures to 16x?

I like the current textures.

Since I'm getting elbow deep in this now, lemme throw in my opinion: Aside from slightly faster draw times what is the benefit of a 16x texture anyhow? Is it really important to ship with 16x just because Minecraft does when the stated goal is to be Minecraft-ish?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The main reason is to be nice to texture pack makers. Many mods have 16×16 textures by default. 16×16 is simply the de facto standard in the Minetest community.

I like the current textures, too. I will miss them. :-/ But I can of course package the Faithful textures as a separate texture pack. I think this may even become an “official” texture pack as this is a high-quality texture pack AND pretty complete AND minecrafty AND under the MIT license.

It's not about load times. Currently, the lion's share of the loading time is probably caused by the music track for the juke box. :-(

I have just now tried to simply scale down the textures, just to see what happens. :D The result looks meh. The blocks look more or less OK, but not as good as under the original. The plants look really crappy and clearly need a manual rework. As this probably requires a lot of manual rework to look at least vaguely decent, I'm not going to do that. Too much work.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

I have to apologize in advance if I seem to be talking too much in this thread regarding textures... I hope it is not being rude?
I just want to mention that even if the preferred pixel scale is 16... you could use it but, for the occasional texture which does not reduce as well (because the space for detail is reduced by 1/2) you could then use the 32px.
It's not like this is a taboo process... it is rather practical... or you could even try the texture at 24px and so on... just go with the lowest px you can use to keep a decent look to each texture...
Do not be limited to the "status quo" of "16px, 24px, 32px, 48px, 52... and so on.... just use what works best for each individual texture...
This balances both quality in detail and drain on resources... Just my opinion and in the end.. most end users will not even notice or even know... they will just enjoy both
A Wonderful World

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Sorry, I have to disagree. You can clearly distinguish if 16×16 textures are mixed with 32×32 textures and it rarely gives a good result. There's a reason why the “status quo” dictates an uniform texture size.

PS: The first ever mod for MineClone 2 has just been added to the forums! It's “Supplemental blocks for MineClone 2” [mcl_supplemental] and contains many of the glaring Minecraft omissions of stairs, slabs and fences (e.g. end brick stairs, red nether brick slab, nether brick fence gate) and a couple of other interesting blocks for building.
Check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16813

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Post

Just a quick question: It seems like my digging and placing distance dropped by one block in all directions a couple of days ago. Was this on purpose, or is it a bug?

I guess I should bring up the related question: How far does MC let you dig and place (I think it is several blocks farther, just from watching let's play videos) and are you looking to make MineClone 2 have similar dig and place distances?