[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.47.1]

by texmex » Post

Jaen wrote:On a side note, a friend of mine has started using Minetest with MC2 and is female and wishes to know if at some point, you could add a female skin and a means to toggle between male and female skins?
The texture pack of MCL2, Pixel Perfection, actually already has support for the female player Alex, added in Minecraft 1.8:

As a quick hack, if this image is downloaded, renamed character.png and put to replace the existing one, female skin is achieved.
Attachments
alex.png
alex.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 908 times

u34

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.47.1]

by u34 » Post

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22278

Which changes has to been made to play it for 5.0.0 FINAL RELEASE?? is there a roadmap?? thanks for info.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.48.0 is here!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.48.0 is here!
This is the final feature release that will still support Minetest 0.4.17. I plan to provide minimal support for Minetest 0.4.17 for a while, that is, for important bugfixes.
The next big release will support Minetest 5.0.0.

Changelog:
  • Add female skin
  • Players will start with a random skin
  • Skin can be changed in inventory
  • Wieldhand improvements: Use player skin textures, different animation, larger hand
  • Servers can add custom skins in the mcl_skins mod
  • Add /setskin command to select skin of yourself or another player
Which changes has to been made to play it for 5.0.0 FINAL RELEASE?? is there a roadmap?? thanks for info.
I have written a small todo list in advance. Here it is (likely incomplete):

LEGACY FIXES:
- Fix player model offset
- Review formspecs
- Check out standard formspec design
- Replace depends.txt and description.txt
- Review deprecated functions
- Re-check Cloud API calls
- Check other legacy stuff

NEW POSSIBLE FEATURES:
- Minimap: Disabable radar
- Disconnected nodeboxes (for mcl_walls)
- Stratum ores (for mesa biome)
- Underground decorations (for mushrooms, glowstone)
- Check: param2 decorations
- Check: objects glow
- Tweak slippery nodes
- Mobs: Tweak spawing WRT biome API additions
- Translation
- Check: Sound pitch
- Spawn: get_spawn_level
- Support on_dieplayer reason
- Settable max health
- MUCH LATER: Underwater plants
With dyes and dyeable objects like banners, beds, glass, etc.. in MineClone2, will you be adding the dyeable leather armors?
This is planned eventually, but very, very low priority. It's probably one of the last features I'll do.

Swiftpaw

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.48.0]

by Swiftpaw » Post

Can't wait to see this appear in the game section in Minetest 5.0.0! Not sure how things are sorted, the UI could really use some love, but the best or most popular mod packs should definitely be highest on the list including at least one Minecraft clone. Also a way to browse other mods that are compatible with it would be nice too!

DarkMass

by DarkMass » Post

Hi, I was tring to install this subgame on my server. After placing it in the game folder I edited world.mt with the game name, when I join the server all the texture are missing and after a short time the server crashes. Can someone explain to me the proper way to set everything up? The wiki isn't very helpful.

Swiftpaw

by Swiftpaw » Post

DarkMass wrote:Hi, I was tring to install this subgame on my server. After placing it in the game folder I edited world.mt with the game name, when I join the server all the texture are missing and after a short time the server crashes. Can someone explain to me the proper way to set everything up? The wiki isn't very helpful.
If no one else replies, and if you wait until this mod is compatible with and play Minetest 5 instead, you'll be able to easily install it using the online content browser.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.48.1]

by Wuzzy » Post

Sorry, it seems there was a critical bug in version 0.48.0 related to the new hand code.

I just released version 0.48.1 to fix this bug.

Changelog:
  • Fix possible crash when joining game (race condition)
  • Fix annoying console spam with randon numbers
Hi, I was tring to install this subgame on my server. After placing it in the game folder I edited world.mt with the game name, when I join the server all the texture are missing and after a short time the server crashes. Can someone explain to me the proper way to set everything up?
Now here's how it works: If you see MineClone 2 appear in the main menu, it was installed correctly. Then just click on its icon and then create a new world. You don't need to edit any world files at all.

You shouldn't just randomly mess with your world files. I mean, it's not forbidden, but the way you did it is just wrong. Why did you try to touch world.mt in the first place? It seems you tried to edit an existing world and wanted to force it to change the game. If that's the case, then you should know this is impossible. You cannot just magically change a world from, let's say, Minetest Game to MineClone 2. These are completely different games that aren't compatible to each other at all.
The wiki isn't very helpful.
I feel personally heartbroken to read this. :-(((

Did you read <https://wiki.minetest.net/Games#Installing_games>?

DarkMass

by DarkMass » Post

Wuzzy wrote: You shouldn't just randomly mess with your world files. I mean, it's not forbidden, but the way you did it is just wrong. Why did you try to touch world.mt in the first place? It seems you tried to edit an existing world and wanted to force it to change the game. If that's the case, then you should know this is impossible. You cannot just magically change a world from, let's say, Minetest Game to MineClone 2. These are completely different games that aren't compatible to each other at all.
The problem is that I am not tring to play the mod on the client, I have a VPS with minetest-server. There is no GUI and the only way to customize the server is minetest.conf and (I thought) world.mt. When I install minetest-server the server just goes online and I can join, but I can only play on Minetest. I'm trying to figure out the proper way to switch from the server running Minetest to Mineclone.
Wuzzy wrote:I feel personally heartbroken to read this. :-(((

Did you read <https://wiki.minetest.net/Games#Installing_games>?
The wiki is well written but it seems that there is not a section on how to switch subgame from game files. Or maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

Wuzzy wrote:It seems you tried to edit an existing world and wanted to force it to change the game. If that's the case, then you should know this is impossible.
Well, actually ... No. This absolutely is possible. You would just run into a shitload of issues, most harmless one being some unknown nodes but on long-term the world would be pretty inconsistent. Conclusion: doesn't worth the hassle, just start a fresh world and never change the game.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.49.0]

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.49.0 is here!
This is the first version to support Minetest 5.0.0. The changelog is small, basically it only makes the neccessary compability fixes.
Changelog:
  • Update player model
  • Update a lot of deprecated functions
  • Restrict generation of v6 ice spikes to snow blocks (tundra biome)
  • Make scrollbar in creative inventory look slightly less horrible
  • Dropped items and other entities are no longer pointable
  • Update some metadata files
The wiki is well written but it seems that there is not a section on how to switch subgame from game files. Or maybe I'm just interpreting it wrong.
I have no idea what you want to do. Please post your question in the Problems forum and try again here.

Swiftpaw

by Swiftpaw » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Version 0.49.0 is here!
This is the first version to support Minetest 5.0.0. The changelog is small, basically it only makes the neccessary compability fixes.
Changelog:
  • Update player model
  • Update a lot of deprecated functions
  • Restrict generation of v6 ice spikes to snow blocks (tundra biome)
  • Make scrollbar in creative inventory look slightly less horrible
  • Dropped items and other entities are no longer pointable
  • Update some metadata files
Thanks Wuzzy! Do you know if Minetest or some repo needs to get updated before it will show MineClone in the online content section of Minetest 5? Currently it's not coming up in the search.

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Dropped items and other entities are no longer pointable
Very good!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Minetest 5.0. mapgen v7. Downloaded from CDB

Code: Select all

2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: finishGenRuntime error from mod 'mcl_mapgen_core' in callback environment_OnGenerated(): ...games/mineclone2/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_structures/init.lua:372: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'random'
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: 	...games/mineclone2/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_structures/init.lua:372: in function <...games/mineclone2/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_structures/init.lua:352>
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: 	(tail call): ?
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: 	...ames/mineclone2/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_mapgen_core/init.lua:1096: in function 'generate_structures'
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: 	...ames/mineclone2/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_mapgen_core/init.lua:1905: in function '?'
2019-03-07 10:27:33: ERROR[Main]: 	.../lone_wolf/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:419: in function <.../lone_wolf/minetest/bin/../builtin/game/register.lua:399>
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

@Lone_Wolf: Can you please test if latest dev works for you?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Wuzzy wrote:@Lone_Wolf: Can you please test if latest dev works for you?
Yep. Works now. Thanks!
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Thndr
GitHub: Thndr
IRC: Thndr

by Thndr » Post

In order to make a proper complete minetest/mineclone2 texture pack with the ability to check how complete it is I have started to modify the current Conversion_Table.csv to suit my needs.

Since I will need to reference each object by a specific name/ID I have taken the time to add in a Name column. In addition that I've organized all of the GUI/particle objects towards the top and removed a couple duplicate entries

There seems to be some 'duplicates' in the fence section (see blocks_fence_acacia vs blocks_wood_acacia_fence)
Since I'm unsure if those are different due to making sure the fence is textured even if the source pack is lacking a unique fence specific texture so I did not treat them as 'duplicates'

https://git.minetest.land/Thndr/MineClo ... _Table.csv

Hopefully the CSV is up to date of what is in Mineclone but as a precaution I've also made a filelist of each of the texturepacks in the OP and plan to doublecheck against those
Once I'm satisfied with that I'll split the CSV into two to have a Source template and a Target template for a converter to use.

Edit: Got 1600 objects named except the mob_blood.png and other *_blood.pngs since I'm unsure how they should be named (entity_object, gfx_blood, etc.)
The current organization of the CSV is OldConverter then Mineclone2 filelist, then Texturepack filelist.
Last edited by Thndr on Sun Mar 10, 2019 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

ArthurCrafter

by ArthurCrafter » Post

Hi,
with Minetest 5.0.0 and the lastest git of MineClone2, I got

2019-03-10 17:05:46: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_mc' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mobs_mc/wither.lua:139: attempt to index global 'player' (a nil value)
2019-03-10 17:05:46: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2019-03-10 17:05:46: ERROR[Main]: 	...bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mobs_mc/wither.lua:139: in function 'hit_mob'
2019-03-10 17:05:46: ERROR[Main]: 	...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:3505: in function <...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:3430>

Stormwind
GitHub: Stormwind99
IRC: Stormwynd
In-game: Stormwind

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.53.2]

by Stormwind » Post

Thanks for the impressive MineClone2 Wuzzy, daredevils, and contributors!

Any info or advice on how to make mods that work with both Mineclone2 and Minetest_game? And/or convert existing mods for Minetest_game to work with both?

I doubt this is the best way, but on my own local play I've started a COMPAT modpack that maps old default (and more) APIs from Minetest_game to the mcl_* APIs of Mineclone2 to get some of the third-party mods I like working in Mineclone2. However, limitations of minetest.register_alias() where some API functions ignore aliases have caused me difficulty.

Edit: I just found this thread: MineClone2-enabled mods

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

I was wondering if it was possible to add in the stripped logs so I can use them for the villages so I won't have to completely redo them at a later date?
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

GamingAssociation39

I've got this code:

on_rightclick = function (pos, node, player, itemstack, pointed_thing)
     for _, obj in ipairs (minetest.get_connected_players())  do
        local item = obj:get_wielded_item():get_name()
        if item == 'fire:flint_and_steel' then
            node.name = "mcl:campfire_lit"
               minetest.set_node(pos, node)
        else
        end
    end
end,
It doesn't work for MCL2 but it does work for regular MTG. I thought that it would be a start.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:I've got this code:

on_rightclick = function (pos, node, player, itemstack, pointed_thing)
     for _, obj in ipairs (minetest.get_connected_players())  do
        local item = obj:get_wielded_item():get_name()
        if item == 'fire:flint_and_steel' then
            node.name = "mcl:campfire_lit"
               minetest.set_node(pos, node)
        else
        end
    end
end,
It doesn't work for MCL2 but it does work for regular MTG. I thought that it would be a start.
Make sure all of the item names are correct

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I was wondering if it was possible to add in the stripped logs so I can use them for the villages so I won't have to completely redo them at a later date?
I am generally avoiding features after Minecraft 1.11 because I don't want to have a moving target.

That having said, I do occassionally add features from later versions that are basically low-hanging fruit, i.e. very easy to implement. Stripped logs are such a feature. What prevents me from adding this feature for now is the lack of textures. I am waiting for XSSheep to release the next update to Pixel Perfection.

GamingAssociation39

Wuzzy wrote:
I am generally avoiding features after Minecraft 1.11 because I don't want to have a moving target.

That having said, I do occassionally add features from later versions that are basically low-hanging fruit, i.e. very easy to implement. Stripped logs are such a feature. What prevents me from adding this feature for now is the lack of textures. I am waiting for XSSheep to release the next update to Pixel Perfection.
There's a test pack that's out there that has the stripped bark textures that fit perfectly.

GamingAssociation39

I've got my code somewhat working...

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

Wuzzy wrote:

yes, I'm in favor, because that makes sense

However, I am also in favor of creating a standard "mod-pack" where such things can come in

so you could keep the standart MineClone2 clean, while you have the possibility to simply "patch" other features