[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Cranriold

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.75.0]

by Cranriold » Post

In Minecraft you can punch a boat a few times to destroy and collect it. In Minetest currently, you can't destroy the boat by punching. In early survival games, having to craft additional tools just collect a boat can be an unnecessary detriment.

Unfortunately I am currently in a place where I don't have access to a P.C. only mobile so I can't do any fancy testing aside from waiting for the Minetest autoupdate.

I've been introducing MineClone to others here so I can have first time playing feedback like what I posted earlier though only on mobile.

Speaking of feedback, I've been told that the Enderman does not aggro the player even with full line of sight. Jumping makes them aggro which makes me suspect that the line of sight only applies to the Enderman's head since the player is only 2 blocks tall as opposed to 3 including the head of the mob. I've also tested this on 0.75.0 mobile staring at an Enderman face to face with no aggro until I jump.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Cranriold wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:31
In Minecraft you can punch a boat a few times to destroy and collect it. In Minetest currently, you can't destroy the boat by punching. In early survival games, having to craft additional tools just collect a boat can be an unnecessary detriment.

Unfortunately I am currently in a place where I don't have access to a P.C. only mobile so I can't do any fancy testing aside from waiting for the Minetest autoupdate.

I've been introducing MineClone to others here so I can have first time playing feedback like what I posted earlier though only on mobile.

Speaking of feedback, I've been told that the Enderman does not aggro the player even with full line of sight. Jumping makes them aggro which makes me suspect that the line of sight only applies to the Enderman's head since the player is only 2 blocks tall as opposed to 3 including the head of the mob. I've also tested this on 0.75.0 mobile staring at an Enderman face to face with no aggro until I jump.
The enderman probably checks whether your feet stare at him (MT's player pos is at the feet). Fix should be as simple as adding eye_height on the Y axis.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

by corasTenthTry » Post

Cranriold wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 12:31
It was possible at a point i think. But yeah does not seem to work now.
https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/2266

Cranriold

by Cranriold » Post

Here's a screenshot of another Enderman aggro test that I made just now. I spawned a bunch of them in creative host server and then exited to menu, changed it to survival and then joined.

No matter how I looked at them even at point blank range, they still wont aggro.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

That's normal for creative mode. And in survival they're only supposed to get angry if you look at them (with the crosshair, on a PC) above their torso, or if you attack them, of course.

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Nicu wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 14:53
That's normal for creative mode. And in survival they're only supposed to get angry if you look at them (with the crosshair, on a PC) above their torso, or if you attack them, of course.
The issue is entirely unrelated to the crosshair (which is indeed only shown on PCs).
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

Cranriold

by Cranriold » Post

Nicu wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 14:53
I only used Creative Mode to spawn the Endermen. I'm looking at them while in Survival Mode. I'm basically looking at them from head to toe, face to face, sometimes even touching them with how close I am. I can walk up to them and bury my face in them if this makes clear how much I'm looking at them.

Cranriold

by Cranriold » Post

And just to make it really clear that I'm not in Creative Mode while looking above the Enderman's torso at very close range, I just took another screenshot again just now.

Here you can see my heart/healthbar plus hunger bar not full whereas in Creative Mode they always go full.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Right, I didn't read everything properly. It works as it should on PC, so I'll test it on my mobile devices to confirm this.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

Nicu wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 17:24
Right, I didn't read everything properly. It works as it should on PC, so I'll test it on my mobile devices to confirm this.
Quickly testing it earlier (on pc) I got the feeling that the player (feet) pos theory is correct tbh. I'll try to figure it out anyways... made an issue on mesehub too https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/2267

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Well, it works for me, but not as smoothly as on PC. I used a mouse to smoothly drag my viewpoint all over the endermen and I angered a few of them, so they came after me. I'm not sure how to describe it, "hitbox" doesn't feel like the right term for the area that you're supposed to look at to get them angry, but this area seems to be smaller on mobile.

Details:
Android 12
Minetest 5.5.1
MineClone2 0.75

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

I debugged it a bit on android (it was annoying why would anyone actually play on that ^^ )

Seems to me it takes the exact center of the screen. With the hotbar on the bottom that does feel off on a mobile screen yeah.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

Note that on your screenshots the center of the screen is indeed not where the head of the enderman is

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

I mean if there's a way to detect mobile easily it wouldn't be too hard to adjust that a bit

Cranriold

by Cranriold » Post

Hmm, I think you're right, I've been assuming the crosshair to be like on PC taking account of the hotbar instead of the entire screen.

Nevertheless, it should be a lot easier to anger the Enderman like in Minecraft. My effort should be placed on avoiding angering the mob, not on trying hard to anger them looking way up and chasing the small head of the Enderman while it is moving. I find it funny how I'm the one asking to be attacked surrounded by the mob lol.

Also, I could invite more casual players on mobile than on PC therefore I think MineClone on mobile has its merits.

mrminer
In-game: mrminer

by mrminer » Post

I wana help with mcl2. I have *some* experience with Minetest modding. (Mostly goofing off I haven't released anything)
I speak C++.

corasTenthTry

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.76.0]

by corasTenthTry » Post

0.76 The all kinds of stuff update
  • Bell added (kay27, erlehmann, cora)
  • Villagers pick a job according to jobsite block (cora)
  • Several other improvements to villagers including textures for all jobs (cora)
  • Blackstone (debian044) [creative only for now]
  • /gamemode command to switch creative/survival in game (kay27, cora)
  • Entity cramming (cora)
  • Items slide on ice and better in water vastly improving item transportation (MysticTempest)
  • Parrots can perch on players shoulders now (cora)
  • Witches and black cats spawn in witchhuts (cora)
  • Started cleaning up mcl_mobs (Fleckenstein)
  • Shipwrecks (cora)

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

mrminer wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 18:09
I wana help with mcl2. I have *some* experience with Minetest modding. (Mostly goofing off I haven't released anything)
Sounds good :). Most of the development is happening at https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2

RotelekS

by RotelekS » Post

Well,today was first time playing after double update.
First game didn't start ( so changed in config fom direct3d to opengl and got it running),then it started
but there was no full screen button and picture was not centered to display properly.
So back to conf and changed resolution and again to direct3d and it started normally this time.

I had issues with extremely low FPS,after changing settings and trying out it ended back in normal.
Although i had coouple glitches where 1st person camera was inside of head o.O

Then i run around to see what are difference in playing,
I look in my backyard and there is giant skelet mob. Is that something added or bug? I came across couple of them in nether also.
Mobs got power up or armor values changed?
I got obliterated in nether by slimes with iron enchanted armor set.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

The giant mobs happen sometimes .. not exactly sure when but it has to do with switching around different versions of mobs-redo / mcl_mobs ... you can easily fix it by running /clearmobs (this only affects mobs that were previously spawned).

touchatonku

by touchatonku » Post

Hi
A small fix
2022-06-09 12:59:29: WARNING[Main]: get_mapgen_params is deprecated; use get_mapgen_setting instead (at ...games/mineclone2/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_shipwrecks/init.lua:5)
Thanks

mrminer

by mrminer » Post

corasTenthTry wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:57
mrminer wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 18:09
Sounds good :). Most of the development is happening at https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2
How do I make an acc? Theres no register button on that gitea.
I speak C++.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

mrminer wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 00:53
I clicked the link and saw 'sign in' ... upper right
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

mrminer

by mrminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 01:12
mrminer wrote:
I clicked the link and saw 'sign in' ... upper right
Sign in but not register
EDIT: King of page 105 :D
I speak C++.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

mrminer wrote:
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like it only supports login via GitHub SSO*, so you must have a GitHub account, be signed into it, then proceed to sign up/sign in with that account.

*Single sign-on, basically a system for account sharing between websites with only one set of login details.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂