by debian044 » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 14:56
debian044 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 05:19
kay27 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 01:15

[*] Smithing table, ancient debris and netherite by Code-Sploit;
Is there a link to that mod? I'm interested.

Btw, thanks for using my mod in this game. :D
Yeah in mineclone https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... mcl_nether and https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... hing_table
Yeah, obviously it's in there, but i meant something like a contentDB post or a forum thread to give the developer feedback.
My mods: Blackstone
cdb_45f029b53618

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by debiankaios » Post

???

debian044
GitHub: debian044
In-game: debian44 debian42

by debian044 » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 18:21
???
What? Isn't my message understandable? Can you please tell me what the problem is?
My mods: Blackstone
cdb_45f029b53618

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

debian044 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 08:53
debiankaios wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 18:21
???
What? Isn't my message understandable? Can you please tell me what the problem is?
I mean isn't that already.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

the infinite World, makes it a valuable resource, for learning, and controlling, not only is it unique, but can take us to a Gateway if factors allow It, as abstract in nature as it would seem, the SEED is wonderful for growing

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

i never was big into CREEPER damage, in, any Survival Craft Game, but for the New Player Zone, and being able to modify The Stats, i can save My Resources, when, It comes down to Fighting Fire, with, Fire

Jastiv

by Jastiv » Post

I noticed a bug I really hate. It seems in MineClone 2 seeing lava causes server to respond slowly to player requests on a client on a separate machine over a local area network. I mean things like moving items around in the inventory. I'm not sure if minetest games have their own bug trackers or if it somehow related to the main game.

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 16:11
I was planning on making 1 modpack with all the mods for mineclone2 which kind of updates the mineclone game to the current minecraft version.

But idk if that is needed anymore.. or so..
Well, I can't predict what will happen in nearest future, so this is my thoughts:
- yes, obviously for MineClone 2 which is planning to be released approximately in September;
- for MineClone 5, things like these can be added directly in the repo, because why not, if you want it, @Miniontoby.

For the lava, maybe we need some issue with some steps to reproduce the problem. There was a problem with particles performance, what's why Wuzzy disabled lava particles. Didn't you enable them back? @Jastiv

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Btw how to download mineclone5?? I couldnt get zip from the branch. And i dont have much space to install git for win
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

kay27

MineClone 5 0.71.6 Copper Release

by kay27 » Post

Did you miss?

MineClone 5 0.71.6 Copper Release

*picture by NO11

debiankaios and the community prepared an update! What's new:
  • Copper ore, blocks and items, deepslate, raw iron, raw gold, spyglass and item ID in the item description by NO11
  • Nether mushrooms refactoring and bugfixes, more decoration blocks, sprouts, roots, bonemeal things, new textures and German translation by debiankaios
  • Raycast based buckets and code refactoring by AFCMS
  • Fixed mod dependency by SmallJoker
  • Nether portal exit check before teleporting, fix of rare crash in mcl_chests and readme update by kay27
Also erlehmann suggested to warn that here are still many minor issues with new mob API, which is pretty good and fast in general but endermen do not react, guardians and elder guardians drown underwater and can fly, magma cubes do not move, slimes do not split, do not drop slime balls, slimes, magma cubes wither skeletons, vindicators, vexes do not attack. That's why Mineclonia project (another MineClone 2 fork) is running on old mob API still. Well, now you're warned.
Attachments
copper.png
copper.png (214.91 KiB) Viewed 3029 times

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

quite an update for MC5, i haven't touched Mineclonia yet

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

im sure its already been reported or fixed but u cant place item frames on chests, they just pop off

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

well, You know, the World is already incredible, growing day by day, with plenty of places to dig for treasure, and to see all the places come alive, with special opportunity, and even seeing Sweet Berry bushes from the original MC

overhaul MODS are always Good, but what is better is having a community to put your trust in, where people can come together to forge a new destiny

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Hum-hum *cough*
This thread is about MineClone 2... so, MineClone 5?
Anyway!
When the next release of MC2? Please?
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 07:05
Hum-hum *cough*
Anyway!
Mineclone 5 only includes new stuff for mcl2 that are very unstable or not in line with mcl2's goal. It was released just to test all the new features. The new mcl2 update will probably be the biggest update so far, so it may take a few more months. We're sorry that it takes so long, but the update will be all the better. So maybe in september? Let's see.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Let's just say, it seemed to me that the current MineClone 2 approach with milestones risks to be ended in nothing. Maybe it will released in September, maybe it will be postponed again, or maybe the milestones will be revised, but now it is not clear (for me) how to do it.

At the same time, hundreds of people want and add hundreds of features, dozens of servers work very stably, releases are asking for themselves - we needed to fix this situation anyway.

This is how MineClone 5 appeared. You can implement Minecraft features without version limits, while MineClone 2 still prohibits that. You can add your improvements and know for sure - they will be released within a month, while in MineClone 2 it is a big question still. And you don't have to look back at the milestones. That's all. Well, one more little thing, I hope we will be able to set up a merge by one approval, but since everyone wants pushes to master defaultly, the limitation is made for production branch currently.

In the all the rest, MineClone 5 is MineClone 2.

Yes! MineClones 5 versions 0.71.xxxx are MineClone 2 released at one half of its next milestone "0.72" with future features added.

MineClone 5 is MineClone 2.

Corax

by Corax » Post

NO11 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 09:14
JiCeyCraft wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 07:05
Hum-hum *cough*
Anyway!
Mineclone 5 only includes new stuff for mcl2 that are very unstable or not in line with mcl2's goal. It was released just to test all the new features. The new mcl2 update will probably be the biggest update so far, so it may take a few more months. We're sorry that it takes so long, but the update will be all the better. So maybe in september? Let's see.
Thanks for keeping us posted, and thanks for all your (both individually and "yall's") efforts.
I'm patiently looking forward to September, and I won't feel let down if that turns into October, November, or 2021 2022... take all the time it takes to deliver a stable Mineclone experience, just don't let yourselves get burnt out or discouraged.

And I tend to agree with JiCeyCraft; I feel this thread should remain about Mineclone2, even if "5 is 2". Alternative facts? All is one and one is all? :D

EDIT: Oops, living in the past, are we?
Last edited by Corax on Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@JiCeyCraft @Corax Please don't force me to make separate topic. I don't like all these argues and unnecessary actions.
Let's send our best wish of a good luck to @Fleckenstein with his milestone 0.72. It may look impossible but he worked hard and I'm sure, will be able to overcome it too.
I suggest the workflow like this for now, it maybe temporary, maybe not, we will see:
Attachments
screen234.png
screen234.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 3029 times

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Wsor wants separation as well. https://content.minetest.net/threads/877/
But I didn't plan that, I think it would be much more effective to have MCL5 as kinda temporary milestone of MCL2 for now. If you want to get all the features as a single game finally, I don't think separation suits well. You already can choose between MultiCraft and Minetest. More choices - more freedom but much less complete feature set.
Let's count who else wants separation, feel free to let me know by any way. FYI, there is already separated Mineclonia.
Last edited by kay27 on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:06, edited 1 time in total.

Corax

by Corax » Post

People coming here looking for Mineclone may not be aware of or interested in these branches, and in my opinion, this thread should remain focussed on "vanilla" Mineclone 2.
It's fine to have a post announcing a fork, or an update of one, linking to that fork's discussion thread, but the discussion about the fork itself should not take place here.

I think it would be less prone to confusion if each fork had its own separate thread, even if the intention is to back-propagate changes or merge again. Experience tells that that may or may not happen, for any reason.

Otherwise, what's the point of having a forum with separate topics at all? Since everything "is" essentially Minetest, it would be enough to just have one single giant thread...

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

by Eris » Post

Corax wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:08
I think it would be less prone to confusion if each fork had its own separate thread, even if the intention is to back-propagate changes or merge again.
Agreed.
Jump in the caac

ShadowTarkus
In-game: ShadowTarkus

by ShadowTarkus » Post

kay27 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 15:07
Wsor wants separation as well. https://content.minetest.net/threads/877/
But I didn't plan that, I think it would be much more effective to have MCL5 as kinda temporary milestone of MCL2 for now. If you want to get all the features as a single game finally, I don't think separation suits well. .
I'm relatively new to MineClone 2, so initially I was a bit confused when I saw MineClone 5. After reading through the forums and looking at the ContentDB page, I think I have a better understanding. If my interpretation is correct, MineClone 5 is a semi-rolling MineClone 2 that avoids major milestones and has additional content that would not make it into MineClone 2 due to scope limitations. In addition, it serves as a place for features to mature before making into MineClone 2.

As a new MineClone player, what confused me the most was the name branding of "5". In light of current name being "2", "5" came across as being better or newer, or possibly that 2 might have been discontinued. Your new development model looks super cool and I just started playing with 5! The name and the joint forum structure might confuse other new people like me, but after doing some reading I did come to understand relationship. In conversation with my brothers, I would refer to MineClone 5 as MineClone: NG (or MineClone: Next Generation). The name accidentally stuck with them because it help to conceptualize the difference (newer features, new development style versus MineClone 2 more targeted and stable goals), plus it was a indirect Star Trek reference so fun all around. So maybe one forum thread could work if the users could identify which game they were referring to without numbers (leaving numbers to reference to versions exclusively, i.e. 0.71)

I hope this feedback helps in some way. MineClone is a good project. I am not sure of the origins of the branding "5", but perhaps it might be time to consider the avoidance of a numerical reference is the primary brand title. Unless the game is a direct sequel (example Total War: Warhammer and Total War: Warhammer II).

Thank you kay27 and others for continuing development of this project! After a long day at work, MineClone (when paired with a fun podcast) is becoming a nice new way for me to unwind and relax.

-ShadowTarkus

Edit: fixed some of my perpetual poor grammar

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Long story short. There are no MineClone 2 releases right now, right? Doesn't the topic look a bit dead? And the project too, doesn't it? You need to track Mesehub commit history to assure - this isn't true!

By the way, I ask you to SUPPORT MESEHUB by making reasonable donation on OpenCollective MineClone 2 page, to pay for its hosting, to not depend on Github.

When Wuzzy left, he handed the project over to Fleckenstein and me. As forum topic can have one author, Fleckenstein was chosen as more active and energetic. That's why I can't e.g. temporarily rename it :) (I'm joking.)

But I need to fix the situation. This is my responsibility too. The milestones were not invented by me. They appeared almost on the first day after Wuzzy left, and they were uncomfortable for me as a developer, but at first I tried to adjust ... Nevertheless, the next milestone 0.72 about "API, Performance, Clean code, Configuration and Documentation" turned out to be an utopia. It is just impossible, in my opinion.

And here's what I suggest:
On the one hand, let's support Fleckenstein and finish off this milestone 0.72 with api and code, somehow. It can be hard because sometimes it's pretty unclear what to do, so we'll need his suggestions :)
On the other hand, as there are no releases of MineClone 2, we will tolerate the presence of MineClone 5 releases here.

Moreover, MineClone 5 may be not smooth too. Tired of the MineClone 2 bureaucracy, I added collab rights to the repo and owner rights to the org for all developers. Honestly, I do not think that someone will break it intentionally, because everyone puts their soul into the project, you can feel it all the time.

A lot of people want making free Minecraft clone. And obviously you need a unifying project for that, if you are not Jordan.

But it is unknown what will happen next. In good forecasts, MineClone 5 will simply flow back into Mineclone 2. In bad forecasts, it will disappear or go on an independent voyage.

And now my main idea once again. As there are no releases of MineСlone 2 yet, I think there can and should be releases of MineClone 5. But I won't argue. If you'll stand for the separation - then we have to.

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

i want to see a Redstone Gater in The World, (an NPC that shows up in a Mark, on The Map), that let's You fuel the Gate, to teleport, to another One, that You will have to build, but it's going to be hard, i also want to see a BOSS that drops a Token, for fireball crafting

Corax

by Corax » Post

kay27 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 16:02
Long story short. There are no MineClone 2 releases right now, right? Doesn't the topic look a bit dead?
So what? If I come here, I expect to see news about Mineclone 2, or issues and other stuff related to it. If there aren't any, that just means business as usual, nothing exciting going on, until something does get posted.

kay27 wrote: Moreover, MineClone 5 may be not smooth too.
Exactly. And this is precisely why Number Five should have its own topic, where the folks that specifically use Number Five can report bugs, or ask questions about it without causing uncertainty and confusion for people who continue using Mineclone 2.
kay27 wrote: Tired of the MineClone 2 bureaucracy, I added collab rights to the repo and owner rights to the org for all developers. Honestly, I do not think that someone will break it intentionally, because everyone puts their soul into the project, you can feel it all the time.

A lot of people want making free Minecraft clone. And obviously you need a unifying project for that, if you are not Jordan.

But it is unknown what will happen next. In good forecasts, MineClone 5 will simply flow back into Mineclone 2. In bad forecasts, it will disappear or go on an independent voyage.
That is all fine and dandy, and I appreciate your efforts, I really do. That doesn't change the fact that separate threads would be the better solution in my opinion.
kay27 wrote: And now my main idea once again. As there are no releases of MineСlone 2 yet, I think there can and should be releases of MineClone 5. But I won't argue. If you'll stand for the separation - then we have to.
You don't "have to" unless the moderators decide so, but I stand by my argumentation that separate threads would be better for both projects, or actually all of them when taking the other forks into consideration too.