[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by JiCeyCraft » Post

At least, let's have a complete version of MineClone.
MC Version " Minecraft 1.12" would be nice to have.
Specially if the Nether (not wide enough, no Fortresses with chests inside and the Ghast is impossible to kill) and the End are fully done (Towers and Dragon are missing). And, of course, annoying bugs/glitches corrected and Stronghold added in the Overworld.

Then, with the experience gained in succeeding in building MineClone2 , you could move to MC5.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Jaen
In-game: Jaen

by Jaen » Post

After much thought I've come to the decision of stop using MineClone2 as well. I'd rather see a feature complete 1.12 version without cherry-picked features from later versions. I started using MineClone2 in 2017 and it is still in the WIP Games section.. it would be more logical to finish 1.12 content and move this to the Game Releases section marked as finished.

I've even kicked around the idea of gutting MineClone2 down in content to Minecraft 1.2.5 which would be easier to do while keeping most of the important features and end game content. Minecraft 1.2.5 had enchants, potions, villages, nether, end with dragon, minus all the junk content that came later.. I would call it MineClone125.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

It is a Game better left un-touched until There is an actual FIX, for expanding the World over The Horizon, It shouldn't be called infinite, or even "near-infinite", It's not, nor anywhere near It

decorative blocks are Fine, as long as It is mixed with "The Long Road Of Technology", beating a Gateway BOSS for a key, or finding a Mark on The Map, that has mystical properties attached to It, or just grabbing an Old Wizard's Crafting Table

Honestly, It is better left suited, (Your Time):, developing a different Game for MTE altogether, say Hades: Never Visited (a PREQUEL to Hades, but with updated sounds, and a very small Map)

Jaen
In-game: Jaen

by Jaen » Post

DOOM_possum wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 23:27
It is a Game better left un-touched until There is an actual FIX, for expanding the World over The Horizon, It shouldn't be called infinite, or even "near-infinite", It's not, nor anywhere near It

decorative blocks are Fine, as long as It is mixed with "The Long Road Of Technology", beating a Gateway BOSS for a key, or finding a Mark on The Map, that has mystical properties attached to It, or just grabbing an Old Wizard's Crafting Table

Honestly, It is better left suited, (Your Time):, developing a different Game for MTE altogether, say Hades: Never Visited (a PREQUEL to Hades, but with updated sounds, and a very small Map)
.. The hell are you typing about? None of that is even in the actual Minecraft, lol.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

Quick reminder: MineClone2 is free software and everyone in the community can contribute to it. The project manager is there to make sure the game follows a good direction overall, even if not everything is bug-free. Everyone contributing to the project is a volunteer and like with any free software project, people usually work on what they like.

The project manager cannot be expected to work on everything alone, and the contributors cannot be expected to only work on the project's roadmap because that's the nature of volunteering - people help how and when they want. The fact that there's a crossbow in MineClone2 doesn't say anything other than it worked with the game and it was added.

This is a game made by gamers who have developer skills, and others can join to help. The README file has up-to-date links to all the places the team uses to maintain the game, so if anyone wants to learn some Lua programming to fix and add stuff, hop in and being with the little stuff and make your way up to the more "meaty" bugs and missing features of the game. This is how stuff gets done.
Last edited by Nicu on Thu Nov 04, 2021 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

by chef trip » Post

Jaen wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 23:44
DOOM_possum wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 23:27

.. The hell are you typing about? None of that is even in the actual Minecraft, lol.

XD XD XD

and ganon! i would say the game is fine as long as it's got ganondorf in it, and the yellow brick road to nether oz
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

by corasTenthTry » Post

Just a quick correction: while it is true that mineclonia doesn't have a defined version goal the point of it is less to include features from more recent mc and more fixing performance and stability issues (which it imo does a good job at - ive run a relatively active anarchy server for more than a month now and it rarely ever crashes) . you shouldn't be expect too many fancy features added any time soon since there's a lot less Dev activity than in mcl2. I think of mcla as mcl2 0.71 for multiplayer - the focus is stability.

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

It's not like we are focusing on making > 1.12 features now. We are just allowing them in MineClone2, instead of being too strict about the 1.12 rule.

It became a pain to maintain two codebases, so we are mostly just integrating MineClone5 features into MineClone2.

I used to be strictly against newer Minecraft features. But with Wuzzy supporting them, kay essentially forking MineClone2 to add them and overall demand for them, I decided to just give in. It sucks to see that many people hate that change now. I hope you understand how hard it is to make everyone happy - however the approach to have 2 codebases was a non-solution.

kay is gone now. Nobody knows whether they'll ever come back. For now, MineClone5 is unmaintained and it's not wise to migrate to it. We plan to fully integrate everything from MineClone5 into MineClone2, but there is no guarantee in which time frame we'll complete that. But don't assume MineClone5 has a "newer development style" or something. At the time, MineClone5 is not being developed at all.

Mineclonia is a good alternative for server owners, at least for now. Mineclonia really values performance and stability, however that comes at a cost. Many new features, including things like the ender dragon fight, which I added to MineClone2 quite some time ago, are not integrated into Mineclonia, and it does not seem like they ever will. Since MineClone2 development was, and to a certain degree still is somewhat chaotic since we started working on 0.72, Mineclonia might be a good alternative for servers until a stable version of MineClone2 is released, but don't expect too much from it feature-wise. Note that MineClone2 mostly includes all the Mineclonia patches, the advantage of Mineclonia is mostly what it does not have rather than what it does have.

I hope I was able to clear up some confusion.

blzr

by blzr » Post

Hello. I recently downloaded Mineclone2 0.71.0 and it's starting to seem like I'm not going to find any Lapis. I tried sticking around the recommended optimal depth mentioned earlier-- no luck. Besides actually finding some, what is the best way to confirm whether or not it is present in the game? (like should I look for a certain file in my .minetest directory?)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question. Didn't seem like it warranted its own topic.

Thanks for any tips.

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

blzr wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 04:39
Hello. I recently downloaded Mineclone2 0.71.0 and it's starting to seem like I'm not going to find any Lapis. I tried sticking around the recommended optimal depth mentioned earlier-- no luck. Besides actually finding some, what is the best way to confirm whether or not it is present in the game? (like should I look for a certain file in my .minetest directory?)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this question. Didn't seem like it warranted its own topic.

Thanks for any tips.
First of all: You can of course ask something like that here, you are at the right place here.
For such questions you can also simply ask in the discord. Lapis is just very rare. Do you have any mods installed?
If you can't find anything, try this mod here https://content.minetest.net/packages/A ... retracker/. You can directly install it from your Minetest Client. Just give yourself the orehud priv and then type /orehud to toggle it on or off.

blzr

by blzr » Post

Ahha.. Figures, I was about 4 blocks away from a decent sized batch of it. Thank you.

40W
IRC: FortyW
In-game: 40W

by 40W » Post

Fleckenstein wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53
kay is gone now. Nobody knows whether they'll ever come back. For now, MineClone5 is unmaintained and it's not wise to migrate to it. We plan to fully integrate everything from MineClone5 into MineClone2, but there is no guarantee in which time frame we'll complete that. But don't assume MineClone5 has a "newer development style" or something. At the time, MineClone5 is not being developed at all.
if so does it still make sense donating to "support mesehub" link on mineclone 5 post?

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

40W wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 05:55
Fleckenstein wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:53
if so does it still make sense donating to "support mesehub" link on mineclone 5 post?
It's the same donation page for all mineclone projects that are on mesehub (as far as I know).

Nebbie

by Nebbie » Post

So...how long has it been that we've been waiting on 0.72? I'm really thinking that the project has bitten off more than it could chew for a single update. Are the mobs close to being fixed?

epCode
GitHub: epCode

by epCode » Post

I agree with you, and I don't know.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Nebbie wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 22:35
So...how long has it been that we've been waiting on 0.72? I'm really thinking that the project has bitten off more than it could chew for a single update. Are the mobs close to being fixed?
@Nebbie: 0.72 is a very ambitious release that not many expected to be completed in a matter of weeks (to put it lightly :P). But as the game started out as components from here and there, custom written code, patches for this and that, it that was bound to reveal issues at a later stage. The big overhaul would've happened anyway if Wuzzy kept working on the project because the mobs really needed to be reworked properly.

We had high hopes of getting help with the mobs from a community member, and while work started out promising, it ended abruptly and now someone else has to do that job. That's why more contributors would really help for more timely releases. :) The mobs are currently being worked on by Fleckenstein. There are a lot of mobs, each with their behaviours, spawning and de-spawning conditions, health, damage, loot, etc, so we'll have to wait and see how the rework goes on. The good thing is it's back on track.

But of course the mobs are not the only thing important in the game. There are still bugs and oddities here and there, so to anyone finding those, make sure you report them on our issue tracker if they're not already there.

Here's a fun "issue" that might be useful until it gets fixed: wheat grows faster if you move far enough away from it. :P

GallaZ
In-game: GallaZ

by GallaZ » Post

Hi, I'm a newbie to this mineclone thing.

I've been doing a lot of redstone testing, but there is one mechanism that is resisting me and that is making a castle style lift gate.

The main problem is the pistons, if there are two pistons, one on top of the other. When the piston underneath is activated and pushes the one above, they go up correctly. The problem is when they should go down. The top one stays pushed and does not go down to its initial position.

I did many different tests with pistons and in different positions (Horizontal and vertical) and in all of them the same problem happens.

I've been trying to make mostly the one in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3licYm ... Da&index=4

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

GallaZ wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 09:14

I've been doing a lot of redstone testing, but there is one mechanism that is resisting me and that is making a castle style lift gate.

The main problem is the pistons, if there are two pistons, one on top of the other. When the piston underneath is activated and pushes the one above, they go up correctly. The problem is when they should go down. The top one stays pushed and does not go down to its initial position.

I did many different tests with pistons and in different positions (Horizontal and vertical) and in all of them the same problem happens.

I can help! Mesecons (here called redstone) is my best thing... i have made already such a thing...

Talk to me at irc.ircforever.org #minetest (nicks: Miniontoby, MinionTest3)
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

GallaZ

by GallaZ » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 19:22
GallaZ wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 09:14

I can help! Mesecons (here called redstone) is my best thing... i have made already such a thing...

Talk to me at irc.ircforever.org #minetest (nicks: Miniontoby, MinionTest3)
Hi, thank you for getting back to me.
It would be fair to the community if your help is reflected in the forum. Besides, English is not my strongest language and I use a translator.
I hope you understand. Thank you.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

GallaZ wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 09:39
Hi, thank you for getting back to me.
It would be fair to the community if your help is reflected in the forum. Besides, English is not my strongest language and I use a translator.
I hope you understand. Thank you.
Your thing has nothing to do with mineclone or mesecons: "It is not an error or something"

And because IRC is direct without having to send loads of topic replies, it is simpler to help.

btw you can use the #minetest channel on irc.libera.chat, there are a lot of other people from the minetest community
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

markodon
In-game: mark

by markodon » Post

smiting table make my server crash, i disabled smiting table from future use.

Code: Select all

2021-11-27 23:22:15: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2021-11-27 23:22:15: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Server shuts down. Player data is about to be saved.
2021-11-27 23:22:15: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Wrote player data into D:\minetest-5.4.1-win64\worlds\mineclone5/doc.mt.
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mcl_smithing_table' in callback nodemeta_inventory_AllowPut(): ...-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone5\mods\HELP\tt/snippets.lua:6: attempt to index local 'def' (a nil value)
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: 	...-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone5\mods\HELP\tt/snippets.lua:6: in function <...-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone5\mods\HELP\tt/snippets.lua:4>
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: 	....4.1-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone5\mods\HELP\tt\init.lua:26: in function 'apply_snippets'
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: 	....4.1-win64\bin\..\games\mineclone5\mods\HELP\tt\init.lua:78: in function 'reload_itemstack_description'
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: 	...\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_smithing_table\init.lua:35: in function 'upgrade_item'
2021-11-27 23:22:21: ERROR[Main]: 	...\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_smithing_table\init.lua:99: in function <...\games\mineclone5\mods\ITEMS\mcl_smithing_table\init.lua:98>
anyone fix?
Using mineclone5

chmod 000 -R /
GitHub: chmodsayshello
IRC: chmodsayshello HalloWarNiemalsHier
In-game: hallo chmodsayshello

by chmod 000 -R / » Post

I've found a pretty easy method to fix daylight sensors (they won't change once they are active with the current code), all you have to do is to edit the file /path/to/your/minetest/folder/games/mineclone2/mods/ITEMS/REDSTONE/mesecons_solarpanel/init.lua and replace the code with the register_abm functions: Here is my code for the normal daylight sensor

minetest.register_abm({
	label = "Daylight turns on solar panels",
	nodenames = {"mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_off"},
	interval = 1,
	chance = 1,
	action = function(pos, node, active_object_count, active_object_count_wider)
		local light = minetest.get_node_light(pos, nil)
		local time = minetest.get_us_time()

if light >= 13 and time > 6000 then
			minetest.set_node(pos, {name="mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_on", param2=node.param2})
			mesecon.receptor_on(pos, mesecon.rules.pplate)
		end
	end,
})

minetest.register_abm({
	label = "Darkness turns off solar panels",
	nodenames = {"mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_on"},
	interval = 1,
	chance = 1,

if light < 13 and time > 18000 then
			minetest.set_node(pos, {name="mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_off", param2=node.param2})
			mesecon.receptor_off(pos, mesecon.rules.pplate)
		end
	end,
})
And the code for the inverted one:

minetest.register_abm({
	label = "Darkness turns on inverted solar panels",
	nodenames = {"mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_inverted_off"},
	interval = 1,
	chance = 1,

if light < 13 and time > 18000 then
			minetest.set_node(pos, {name="mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_inverted_on", param2=node.param2})
			mesecon.receptor_on(pos, mesecon.rules.pplate)
		end
	end,
})

minetest.register_abm({
	label = "Daylight turns off inverted solar panels",
	nodenames = {"mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_inverted_on"},
	interval = 1,
	chance = 1,

if light > 13 and time > 6000 then
			minetest.set_node(pos, {name="mesecons_solarpanel:solar_panel_inverted_off", param2=node.param2})
			mesecon.receptor_off(pos, mesecon.rules.pplate)
		end
	end,
})

GallaZ

by GallaZ » Post

Hello again, I fixed the problem I had with the pistons.

Now I have another question, mcl_skins can you set a default skin for a specific player? And it must be for personal use, not public. I know that in the skinsdb mod you can do it. Example: character_GallaZ.png this skin will be added automatically when the user GallaZ is logged. And it will not be visible in the list of skins for the rest of users.

Would it be possible to add this function to the mcl_skins mod?

Thanks.

ptbptb

by ptbptb » Post

Quick question. How do you throw objects? (Like throwing eggs to break them)

I checked 'keybindings' but I only see 'Drop'.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

The keybindings are strictly related to the keyboard, so the mouse actions are not present in that screen.

You can throw eggs by (left) clicking. There are actually quite a few mouse-related differences between Minecraft and MineClone2 that we should fully document in a more accessible way. For now, you can find helpful information in the game by opening your inventory, clicking the ? (help) button and go to Basics -> Controls.

Thanks for bringing this up. :)