[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.30.0]

by zargulthewizard » Post

think i may wait till redstone is more stable. Either that or create a mese mod that makes mese by mixing redstone and gold or something.
May God be with you, always.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

zargulthewizard wrote:think i may wait till redstone is more stable. Either that or create a mese mod that makes mese by mixing redstone and gold or something.
Or attempt to help work on redstone :|
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

zargulthewizard

Don't know enough lua. Wishing there was a mod which emulated ALL of the minetest API for python.

PS: raspberry jam does not work for me at all. Says lua51.dll is missing.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

zargulthewizard wrote:Don't know enough lua. Wishing there was a mod which emulated ALL of the minetest API for python.

PS: raspberry jam does not work for me at all. Says lua51.dll is missing.
If you understand Python, coding in Lua would be pretty simple for you.

burli

by burli » Post

If you understand tables and how to use them and if you are familiar with programming in general it shouldn't be too difficult to learn lua.

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

I was wondering how biomes work in MCL2. More to the point, for my Skyblock map I would need the biome to have snow and have water sources freezing, is there a way to force that?

zargulthewizard

I know what Lua is in the luacontroller instructions, but don't know enough about Minetest API handling kind of stuff. IE: I haven't even successfully registered a new TNT.

zargulthewizard

GamingAssociation39 wrote:
zargulthewizard wrote:think i may wait till redstone is more stable. Either that or create a mese mod that makes mese by mixing redstone and gold or something.
Or attempt to help work on redstone :|
I'm ready to try! What can I do, wuzzy?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Compability warning!
I will probably disable the End portals (from quartz blocks) in the next release, in favor of MC-like End portals. I might even disable access to the End temporarily because the End is still too crappy.
I'm just giving you a heads-up and you probably should get out of the End before the next release in your Survival worlds.
If everything fails, you can still /teleport.

I was wondering how biomes work in MCL2.
Basically I just use the biomes API of Minetest. It's quite powerful. I'm very glad to say that is was pretty easy to redo all of the MC biomes. What took me longer are not the biomes themselves but the creation of all the trees and structure. I even forked the advschem mod to get an usable mod to create schematics: viewtopic.php?t=18515

Anyway, MCL2 biomes are pretty much just ordinary Minetest biomes (check out the Lua API docs). But I make heavy use of stacked biomes for ocean layers, land layers or beach layers. In some complex biomes there are even more layers (check out MesaPlateauF).
You can find all the gory details in mods/MAPGEN/mcl_biomes/init.lua, I wrote plenty of comments in the code.

Here's the heat/humidity map:
https://i.imgur.com/u5vr6x6.png
I'm ready to try! What can I do, wuzzy?
I'm afraid not much. I prefer to do the redstone stuff alone. But if I get high quality patches, I usually don't reject them.
If you want to help in MCL2, look at this list of “help wanted” issues:
https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bu ... p%20wanted

zargulthewizard

Redstone home, zargul. I work alone.
Seriously. Will check help wanted forum. What kind of pictures do you want? I might be able to help you there.

Edit: checked the thing. Think I can help with player death sound and paintings. Any restrictions on what kind of paintings they can be (assumably, Venus of Urbino is not acceptable)? The reason why I ask is that my more favorite paintings are Christian themed, and I don't want to offend anyone unnecessarily. Note: I'm thinking of looking up actual paintings and scaling them down to Minetest resolutions. Is this not what you were looking for?

I like the music in Minetest ambience, maybe you could use that for the 4 other disks. One of them is actually eastern feeling, which you used as a disk. Think my favorite of the songs you picked is winter feeling. Note: disk numbering would be nice.

zargulthewizard

Wuzzy wrote:Also, WTF is that with your error messages? My first guess is that your harddisk is running out of space.
Or his flash drive, since it is labeled as H:\

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Wuzzy wrote:You can find all the gory details in mods/MAPGEN/mcl_biomes/init.lua, I wrote plenty of comments in the code.
What if I'm using singlenode for my map, though? Is there any way to set temperature / humidity after the fact?

Punk

by Punk » Post

Some points:

I've never seen a wheat crop raising for stage 8, it every stop in stage 7. Is it normal or error?

I tried use bow and arrows in creative mode against animals and monster, but I don't know why, don't works.

Can I create a nether portal? How active it?

hahaha, sheeeeeet... I thought that the fermented spider eye was to eat.

Creepers hate my house... and I'm scared of horses at night.

This Subgame is fantastic! Nice work!

zargulthewizard

Elevate your house and go to bed as soon as possible. It's the only way to survive.

Did you see my posts in this thread on creepers? They destroyed my house, breaking a cauldron I'd just used 7 ingots to make. Amazingly, the nearby jukebox was unhurt.

Nether portals are in the highly experimental supplement mod, available at the top of this thread. I watched a YouTube howto on it, but I don't remember where the link is.

zargulthewizard

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.29.2]

GamingAssociation39 wrote:Newest horse model Image
Please, for the love of the mod, don't use this model! I made a more realistically shaped camel out of paper when I still was unsure about which way my numbers went.

Wuzzy

Version 0.31.0 (“The End of the End”)

by Wuzzy » Post

Hello! Would you like some tasty version 0.31.0 with some MineClone 2 as seasoning?

The End dimension
A lot of behind-the-scenes work has been done here, and the End will be temporarily disabled in Survival. You should leave the End before upgrading. Also, the old quartz end portals are phased out.
If you get stuck in the End, craft an end escape pearl. This item will be removed later, it's just a temporary solution.
  • Because of issues, Survival access to the End is currently barred
  • All End portals made out of quartz blocks will turn into cobwebs
  • New temporary emergency item: End Exit Pearl, teleports you from the End to the Overworld. Use this when you're stuck in the End. This item will be removed when the End is properly implemented
  • Implement MC-like end portals and end portal frames
  • End portals now can only be constructed in Creative Mode with end portal frames (see in-game help)
  • End portals in Overworld now teleport you to an obidian platform at a fixed position in the End
  • End exit portals generate close to said obsidian platform (only in new worlds or if this place was never visited before)
  • End portals in the End now teleport you back to your Overworld spawn
  • Nether portals can no longer be opened in the End
  • The end environment appears to be darker than usual
If you don't care about problems, you can use /teleport to teleport to the End. The End is located at ca. Y = -27000.

Assorted changes
  • Lightnings now properly light up the environment
  • Tweak weather sky colors
  • Make the whole environment darker on rain, thunderstorm and snowy weater
  • Rain puts out fire faster
  • Fix various rain sound problems
  • Fix player suffocating in ignore (unloaded blocks)
  • Fix player being able to sleep while sleeping
  • Tweak tab positions of creative inventory
  • Play damage sound when player dies
  • Reduce liquid sinking speed of players
  • Creepers may now drop any music disc
Crafting
  • Music discs are no longer craftable
  • Change special emerald-related crafts
  • A single emerald can now be crafted to 9 gold ingots because emeralds have no real use yet
Help
  • New entry in “Advanced usage”: Creative Mode
  • New entries in “Basics”: Hunger, Mobs, Animals
Blocks
  • Add buttons, trapdoors and pressure plates of every wood
  • Add bark blocks. These are like the wood blocks, but with the bark texture on all sides
  • Add smooth sandstone, smooth red sandstone and smooth quartz
  • Add polished stone
  • Add faceless pumpkin (Creative Mode only)
  • MC-like falling blocks: A falling block now drops *itself* when it falls into a non-replacable block (like a torch)
  • Falling anvils crush everything
  • Insta-harden concrete powder if placed into water directly
What if I'm using singlenode for my map, though? Is there any way to set temperature / humidity after the fact?
No idea. This is actually a question for Minetest developers, as this applies to all subgames, not just MCL2.
Please, for the love of the mod, don't use this model! I made a more realistically shaped camel out of paper when I still was unsure about which way my numbers went.
OMG. For the 1000th time, I don't freaking care about the horse model. xD Why do you guys bring it up again and again?
No, I'm not going to change it anytime soon. Don't panic!
Nether portals are in the highly experimental supplement mod, available at the top of this thread. I watched a YouTube howto on it, but I don't remember where the link is.
Nonsense! Nether portals are part of the core game, no mods required!
I've never seen a wheat crop raising for stage 8, it every stop in stage 7. Is it normal or error?
You cheated by using F5, didn't you? xD
Don't trust itemstrings. They are meant for internal use. I can choose them to be whatever I like. Anyway. In the itemstrings for wheat, the wheat stage counting starts with 0. I could change this but I'm not going to. I'm very conservative on changing itemstrings because any change means breakage.
I tried use bow and arrows in creative mode against animals and monster, but I don't know why, don't works.
Works for me. For any questions regarding items, refer to the built-in help (click on the question mark).
Anyway, bows will probably be replaced later so if there is really a bug, it will be gone either way.
Can I create a nether portal? How active it?
Answer: Yes. You need obsidian and fire. Build an upright empty frame of 4×5 obsidian blocks, then light a fire on any of these blocks. DISCLAIMER: Does not work in the End.

Damn, you caught me on an important thing which is not properly covered in the help. It's not obvious at all from gameplay alone. Thanks. Well, it is indirectly covered in the item help of obsidian, but this is clearly not good enough. I need to think about how to expose this info to the player …

zargulthewizard

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.31.0]

So, you ARE using the SAME horse models as before right? And you won't change them, right?

Did I make you roll your eyes? XD

I am going to download this right away.

Nonsense? I'm QUITE SURE...

*checking top of thread*
Last edited by zargulthewizard on Wed Nov 29, 2017 03:09, edited 3 times in total.

zargulthewizard

Wuzzy wrote:[*]MineClone 2 Plus!: Highly experimental modpack. Adds Nether, the End, biomes for v5/v7/fractal mapgen, enchanting table, and villages. Some of these features have already been merged into MineClone 2

Happy mining!
Okay, so I was half right! But then again, I was half wrong. Sorry.

Edit: I was ALL right! I said the end portals were in the highly experimental modpack. I never said they weren't alsoin the core game.

But then, of course, the end portals being in both is rather nonsense-ish. So, I guess you're right.

:)

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Oh. THIS modpack. It's outdated.
I removed mc2plus from the list because it causes problems.
I think the only mod from the mc2plus modpack which shouldn't cause problems is mg_villages. But I haven't tested it.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

These are the first trapdoor nodes on which I have noticed the hinges. I don't think anyone else has bothered. Way to go, I think this is better.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Could you include the default Minecraft textures as an optional setting? Or are they copyrighted?
What is SCP-055?

leo_rockway

by leo_rockway » Post

Chem871 wrote:Could you include the default Minecraft textures as an optional setting? Or are they copyrighted?
They are copyrighted, but nothing stops you from downloading the Minecraft demo and running the texture convert script. It works almost perfectly.

GamingAssociation39

Chem871 wrote:Could you include the default Minecraft textures as an optional setting? Or are they copyrighted?
Check out the texture pack that the community is putting together for MineClone 2.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18559

GamingAssociation39

Attachments
Screenshot (103).png
Screenshot (103).png (312.97 KiB) Viewed 836 times

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

What is a water bottle used for? Golden apple? Glistering melon?
What is SCP-055?