[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

ThePython
GitHub: ThePython10110
In-game: ThePython or ThePython10110

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.82.0]

by ThePython » Post

ThePython wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 00:12

It also won't send to my school/Outlook email (although it's possible that it's the school's fault).
Anyway, the entire reason I wanted to make an account was to say that the shield sound can be heard anywhere (at least on the "Solo Un Altro Clone" server with version 0.82). It's kind of annoying to be doing something, then randomly start hearing shield noises from people fighting in the arena.

If this has been fixed in the past week or so, I wouldn't know about it.
Links to my stuff: ContentDB, GitHub, Website.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

ThePython wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 17:45
That would be great... I also don't think Gmail should be doing that; it should simply put it in the spam folder.
If Gmail were take every email that it received aimed to your inbox and put it in spam, you'd have a veeeery long list of spam emails. Sad but true for most addresses.

Also here's a screenshot of Basic Trains Subway in Mineclone2 just for fun:
Attachments
AdvtrainsSubwayMineclone2.jpeg
AdvtrainsSubwayMineclone2.jpeg (242.73 KiB) Viewed 8560 times
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

ancientmariner
In-game: ancientmariner

by ancientmariner » Post

ThePython wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 00:28
ThePython wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 00:12

It also won't send to my school/Outlook email (although it's possible that it's the school's fault).
Anyway, the entire reason I wanted to make an account was to say that the shield sound can be heard anywhere (at least on the "Solo Un Altro Clone" server with version 0.82). It's kind of annoying to be doing something, then randomly start hearing shield noises from people fighting in the arena.

If this has been fixed in the past week or so, I wouldn't know about it.
If you cannot get on, it's good to raise stuff here. I had heard sounds on Solo Un Altro Clone and it was bugging me. This may be one of them. Things for identifying that it was the shield block sound. I'll look into it.

PrairieWind
GitHub: PrairieAstronomer
IRC: PrairieWind
In-game: PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

Yes, just what I wanted. I wanted advtrains in MineClone2.

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

updated to Minetest 5.7.0
and have errors multiple times

Code: Select all

2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/effects.lua:301: bad argument #1 to 'random' (interval is empty)
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: ?
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'random'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/effects.lua:301: in function 'who_are_you_looking_at'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/effects.lua:328: in function 'check_head_swivel'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       ...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:360: in function 'on_step_old'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       ...mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:24: in function <...mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:23>
2023-04-11 13:54:02: ERROR[Main]: [Wielded Light] The node 'default:water_source' cannot be registered as lightable because it does not exist.
2023-04-11 13:54:02: ERROR[Main]: [Wielded Light] The node 'default:river_water_source' cannot be registered as lightable because it does not exist.
2023-04-11 13:54:02: ERROR[Main]: worldedit_gui requires a supported gui management mod to be installed.
a simple "/clearobjects quick" fix it a while every time

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

by Mr. Rar » Post

Walker wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:44
updated to Minetest 5.7.0
and have errors multiple times

2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/effects.lua:301: bad argument #1 to 'random' (interval is empty)
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: ?
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'random'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/effects.lua:301: in function 'who_are_you_looking_at'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/effects.lua:328: in function 'check_head_swivel'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       ...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:360: in function 'on_step_old'
2023-04-11 13:53:52: ERROR[Main]:       ...mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:24: in function <...mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:23>
2023-04-11 13:54:02: ERROR[Main]: [Wielded Light] The node 'default:water_source' cannot be registered as lightable because it does not exist.
2023-04-11 13:54:02: ERROR[Main]: [Wielded Light] The node 'default:river_water_source' cannot be registered as lightable because it does not exist.
2023-04-11 13:54:02: ERROR[Main]: worldedit_gui requires a supported gui management mod to be installed.
a simple "/clearobjects quick" fix it a while every time
See: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/3357

I think this has been fixed in master.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

Walker

by Walker » Post

and anotherone:

2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): createSector(): pos. over max mapgen limit
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: ?
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]:       [C]: in function 'get_natural_light'
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]:       .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/physics.lua:607: in function 'do_env_damage'
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]:       .../games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/physics.lua:801: in function 'env_damage'
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]:       ...test/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:395: in function 'on_step_old'
2023-04-13 16:30:55: ERROR[Main]:       ...mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:24: in function <...mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:23>
2023-04-13 16:31:06: ERROR[Main]: [Wielded Light] The node 'default:water_source' cannot be registered as lightable because it does not exist.
2023-04-13 16:31:06: ERROR[Main]: [Wielded Light] The node 'default:river_water_source' cannot be registered as lightable because it does not exist.
2023-04-13 16:31:06: ERROR[Main]: worldedit_gui requires a supported gui management mod to be installed.
this time "/cleaobjects quick" dosnt helped

i needed to stop my server for now

Walker

by Walker » Post

is there a quick fix for the last two that i can easily patch into my 0.82.0 version?
> viewtopic.php?p=423446#p423446
> viewtopic.php?p=423620#p423620

i hope i can run my servers again quickly ;(

Mr. Rar

by Mr. Rar » Post

Walker wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 14:44
is there a quick fix for the last two that i can easily patch into my 0.82.0 version?
> viewtopic.php?p=423446#p423446
> viewtopic.php?p=423620#p423620

i hope i can run my servers again quickly ;(
Why don't you upgrade your MineClone2 to the latest master. That will fix issue 1 I think.

Issue 2 has no known fix and is very old: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/1392
It is very rarely seen. It's hard to fix because it's hard to reproduce. The fact that you get it all the time is odd.

Did you compile your own Minetest? I ask because the first issue is only supposed to occur with PUC Lua which is not enabled by default.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

Walker

by Walker » Post

yes i compiled it myself with the LUA bundeld with minetest

can i provide somethink to you to "better reproduce" it ?

Walker

by Walker » Post

> https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ment-48806

talks about adding "if not self.object:get_pos() then return end" ... is this allready done in 0.82.0 ?

or can i add this myself ? (if yes, where ?)

Mr. Rar

by Mr. Rar » Post

Walker wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 16:10
> https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ment-48806

talks about adding "if not self.object:get_pos() then return end" ... is this allready done in 0.82.0 ?

or can i add this myself ? (if yes, where ?)
That will almost certainly not fix it.

> yes i compiled it myself with the LUA bundeld with minetest
PUC Lua (Minetest built-in Lua) is very slow compared to LuaJIT. I would definitely recommend using LuaJIT especially for a MineClone2 server. MineClone2 is slow and bloated to begin with.

> can i provide somethink to you to "better reproduce" it ?
\Please try loading this test mod I made. It hooks minetest.get_natural_light() and pcalls the original function. This theoretically should fix the problem.

Here is the repo I made: https://git.minetest.land/MrRar/1_get_light

Walker

by Walker » Post

mod is now in "worldmods"
and loaded

2023-04-13 21:00:05: [Main]: 1_get_light loaded!

Mr. Rar

by Mr. Rar » Post

Walker wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 19:04
and loaded

Cool.

Tell me if:
A) You get a get_natural_light crash.
B) You see "minetest.get_natural_light() crash happend!" in the logs.

Walker

by Walker » Post

Mr. Rar wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 19:51
Walker wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 19:04
and loaded

Cool.

Tell me if:
A) You get a get_natural_light crash.
B) You see "minetest.get_natural_light() crash happend!" in the logs.
not yet ... but other then me, noone was on my server since adding this mod

Walker

by Walker » Post

one player was online aside me ... no crashes so far
i post again after the next crash ;)

ancientmariner

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.83.0]

by ancientmariner » Post

0.83 - Safe and Sound

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Lai53_Ry4

Overview

Thank you for your patience waiting for this release. Our original plan was 2 months, but due to close alignment with 5.7 minetest release, we decided to release around a week afterwards to iron on out any bugs which has pushed this to closer to 3 months. We haven't discovered anything serious but if anyone experiences problems, please raise in our Discord, or issue trackers and we will investigate. We will check forum too.

This has given us time to improve this release further and it feels pretty bumper :). Our many contributors have been hard at work and done an excellent job. Thank you to every single one of you.

We would also like to say thank you to our composers for new and updated tracks (Jester, Exhale & Tim Unwin, and Dimixed). An extra special thank you to Diminixed for the work put into helping to get the volume levels balanced.

This release has had a significant focus on performance and stability in addition to gameplay. We hope our players on servers and older hardware really feel the benefit of this, but there is something for everyone including many gameplay improvements. We have broken this down into sections to make this easier to digest.

Key information

mcl_tnt_griefing has been fixed and renamed to the more appropriate: mcl_explosions_griefing

If you had this set, please ensure you update this to enjoy a less explosive lifestyle.

Elytra speeds have been capped and added to the settings:
  • mcl_elytra_max_speed 6 -> 4 (for non-SSD server owners, recommend around 3.5. For beefier hardware, you can increase this back to the original values)
  • mcl_elytra_rocket_speed 5.5 -> 3.5 (for non-SSD server owners, recommend around 3.0. For beefier hardware, you can increase this back to the original values)

New features / Improvements

Audio
  • Expanding music choices and adding in 4 tracks from Jester. Add 3 tracks from Exhale and Tim Unwin. Add new track, and 2 updated tracks from Dimixed - Jester/Exhale and Tim Unwin/Dimixed/AncientMariner
  • Remastered music level so they are at same perceived volume - Diminixed
  • Add missing sounds for placing and digging villager profession blocks - SmokeyDope
  • Add sounds when using composter - SmokeyDope
  • Warped wart block, shroomlight and many nether plants block now have sounds - SmokeyDope
  • Remove music interruptions - AncientMariner
Visual
  • Dawn sky sunset improvements - FossFanatic
  • Add Biome Coloured Foliage - FossFanatic
  • Add Biome Coloured Water - FossFanatic
  • Rain visual improvements - atomdmac
  • Extra Breaking Animation Frame - FossFanatic
  • Seagrass visual improvements - FossFanatic
  • Vine Colouring Improvements - FossFanatic
Gameplay
  • Implementing slime mapblocks! - AncientMariner
  • Adjust mob speeds to make it more balanced for a number of Overworld and Nether mobs - AncientMariner
  • Players can choose a setting to start with a starting inventory - Michieal
  • Mob spawning configurable for server owners (Configure percentage of animal spawns that are successful. Configure percentage of hostiles or peaceful mobs that are group spawns.) - AncientMariner
  • Tweak lapis distribution (increased at different levels by 10-30%) - AncientMariner
  • add the ability to chat whilst being in bed - chmodsayshello
  • Magma blocks cause damage to mobs - GuyLiner
  • Make mobs ride minecarts - anarquimico
  • Make hoppers push items to minecarts - anarquimico
  • The New, Improved, Safe and More Powerful /clearmobs command - AncientMariner
  • Clearmobs now removes tamed. Improved syntax documentation - MrRar
  • Elytra moves quicker than mapgen can cope. A big performance hit on servers. Slow down and make this configurable. - AncientMariner
  • Iron golems now protect themselves and villagers - gldrk
  • Remove evoker spawning in Pillager Outposts - PrairieWind
  • Make enderman hostile towards endermites and fix its behavior on other dimensions - anarquimico
  • Add polished blackstone button and pressure plate - Wbjitscool
  • Add slab and stair groups to crimson and warped slabs and stairs - PrairieWind
  • Adjust crop hitboxes so less easy to accidentally dig potatoes etc. - SmokeyDope
  • Fixing that annoying chest open and close sound volume - AncientMariner
  • Bamboo now broken by pistons - Michieal
  • Update ruined portal loot table - PrairieWind
  • Make minecart rails unable to be broken with water & lava - SmokeyDope
  • Make sea pickles smelt into lime dye - CableGuy67/PrairieWind/Michieal
  • Pathfinding optimisations and villager has earlier bed time - AncientMariner
  • Nether plants now compostable - SmokeyDope
  • Make fletcher buy sticks - mrminer
  • Water logging mangrove roots with water bucket - anarquimico
  • Make dye descriptions more consistent - grorp
  • Add Lily of the Valley and Cornflower Flowers - Nicu/PrairieWind
  • Blackstone, basalt, and nether gold now mineable with wooden pick - SmokeyDope
  • Weeping vines and twisting vines now break the ones above/below them - SmokeyDope
  • Ancient debris now smeltable in blast furnace - SmokeyDope
  • Netherite ingot crafting now shapeless - SmokeyDope
  • Adjust amethyst bud growth - Michieal
  • Hoes and swords now effective against crimson and warped wart blocks - SmokeyDope

Performance improvements
  • Change kelp to use ABMs to solve performance issues (roughly 22% of all resource usage reduced when near Kelp) - AncientMariner
  • Sculk removed off xp_step and triggered by player and mob death (reduced approximately 14% of all total overhead in situation where 10 mobs die leaving XP on ground, overnight for example) - AncientMariner
  • When mob out of range, avoid processing expensive or unneccessary things (reduction of approximately 25% mob processing cost, 8-12% of total processing approx) - AncientMariner
  • Mob spawning improvements and balancing (Group spawns now honour mob cap. Animals don't immediately fill cap. Not every animal spawn is a group spawn. Spawning doesn't all happen on same square. Retry to find position in sparcely populated areas. Water cap implemented and separate from animal cap.) - AncientMariner
  • Hopper minecart optimisation (removal of approx. 5-7% resource usage when items on floor) - AncientMariner
  • Mapgen optimisations so certain mapgen only run in correct dimension - AncientMariner
  • Slow down the pressure plate timer - MrRar
  • Do not run kelp lbm every time - AncientMariner

Creative Mode
  • Slower creative digging - MrRar
  • Make banners drop when the support node is dug. Don't drop dug banners in creative mode - PrairieWind / MrRar
  • Don't drop beds in creative - MrRar
  • Disable beehive/nest drops in creative - PrairieWind

Mod / MCL5 / Old world Compatibility
  • Fix mapgen crash issue for mcl5 to mcl2 conversion - AncientMariner
  • Fix crash when leaves don't have a registered orphan but try to rot - AncientMariner
  • Remove deprecated usages of image property in tile defs to ensure dumpnodes mod works - MrRar
  • Fix "mcl_core:dirt_with_dry_grass" to be "mcl_core:dirt_with_grass" with the savanna color index. - Michieal

Code Quality
  • Textures moved to main texture folder and optimized (improving support for texture packs long term) - Michieal
  • Renamed 2 batches of textures to ensure they are prefixed with mod_name - Michieal
  • Create the Jockey api and use it on Skel/Spid - epCode
  • Nether & End Biome Sky/Fog Colours - FossFanatic
  • Add Grass Palette Group - FossFanatic
  • Add in some basic modeling documentation - SmokeyDope
  • Add texture making & optimization documentation - SmokeyDope
  • Add lantern functions for adding nodes to allowed placement list - SmokeyDope
  • Leaves Warning Removal - FossFanatic
  • Campfire API - PrairieWind
  • Fix warnings and global vars - AncientMariner
  • Remove mcl_player_init - MrRar

Localization
  • Improve French translations - syl
  • Brazilian portuguese translation batch 1 - anarquimico
  • Remove unused translations - syl
  • Fix syntax errors in French - syl
  • Missing punctuation in README - syl
  • Make The Footer Correct - FossFanatic

Stability
  • Mob step has error handling to avoid crashing the game - AncientMariner
  • Fix error handling compatibility with Minetest bundled Lua - AncientMariner
  • Wither skeletons idle head swivel will crash the game under PUC Lua - AncientMariner
  • Fixing multiple crashes from servers. - AncientMariner
  • Fix crash stripping unregistered block - AncientMariner
  • Add some mob object checks to avoid crashing - AncientMariner
  • Fix mcl_skins crash - MrRar
  • Fix V6 & Singlenode Crash - FossFanatic
  • spawn-egg-crash-fix - GuyLiner
  • Fix spawn egg crashes in different dimensions - AncientMariner
  • Fix ender chest crash + remove map hand reference - MrRar
  • Bundled lua with 5.7 crashes when you right click a farmer villager - AncientMariner
  • Fix old burning storage crash and log any relevent info. - AncientMariner
  • Variable name crash fix - FossFanatic
  • Add error handling to sunlight checking to prevent crashing and improve diagnosis. - AncientMariner
  • Set freeze and warning when mobs too close to boundary of world - AncientMariner
  • Thorns translation crash fix - AncientMariner

Bug fixes

Visual
  • Underwater Darkness HUD Removal - FossFanatic
  • Map Colour Fixes - FossFanatic
  • Warped Wart wrong texture fix - FossFanatic
  • Fix textures for item frame and glowing item frame - SmokeyDope
  • (temporarily) Disable snow due to sky colour bug issues - FossFanatic
Gameplay
  • Ensure enchanted netherite armour is fire immune to lava etc. - AncientMariner
  • Mobs and monsters spawn too many - AncientMariner
  • Fix dark day right and light night rain - AncientMariner
  • Fix custom spawners spawning mobs regardless of light level - GuyLiner
  • Make shield block sounds not play across infinite distance - PrairieWind
  • Dry Biome Rain Fixes - FossFanatic
  • Fix waxing duplication of shulker box - MrRar
  • Remove aggro for iron golem when out of range - AncientMariner
  • Fix Explosions Griefing Setting - FossFanatic
  • Make sweet berries' velocity checks for damage conditions use absolute values. - CyberMango
  • Fix grass not growing issue - AncientMariner
  • Fixed weather not clearing after sleep - PrairieWind
  • Make Lecterns use wooden slabs for crafting - PrairieWind
  • Fix assist death messages rarely showing up - CyberMango
  • Fix most deaths not producing a death message. - CyberMango
  • Allow placing blocks on copper blocks - Michieal
  • Fix verbose tool info on non-tools - MrRar
  • Fix damage desyncing entity from chest node, making it invisible - emptyshore
  • Fix hungry sheep and hyrdophobic passive mobs - AncientMariner
  • Prevent setting fire on top of water - emptyshore
  • Remove "mushroom" from the names of crimson fungus and warped fungus - SmokeyDope
Last edited by ancientmariner on Mon Apr 17, 2023 22:55, edited 2 times in total.

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

Thanks! Now my mod is properly working under stable :D
MineClone2 dev and modder and the creator of Voxelgarden (revived) || Codeberg

KiloCow

by KiloCow » Post

ancientmariner wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:11
Players can choose a setting to start with a starting inventory - Michieal
Nice addition. Thanks for the great update!

give_starting_inv = true

This gave me 32 stone, 32 torches and three different iron tools. But how do I change the starting items? And starting items are only handed out upon first time server connection, right? Is it possible to give starting items also after a death/respawn?

ancientmariner

by ancientmariner » Post

KiloCow wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 19:12
ancientmariner wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:11
Players can choose a setting to start with a starting inventory - Michieal
Nice addition. Thanks for the great update!

give_starting_inv = true

This gave me 32 stone, 32 torches and three different iron tools. But how do I change the starting items? And starting items are only handed out upon first time server connection, right? Is it possible to give starting items also after a death/respawn?
In the following file under the game root, you will find the following:

mods/ITEMS/mcl_starting_inventory/init.lua

It currently has the following:

local stuff_string = "mcl_tools:pick_iron,mcl_tools:axe_iron,mcl_tools:shovel_iron,mcl_torches:torch 32,mcl_core:cobble 32"
It should be only a 1 time thing. You can keep items on death with the following:

# Normally, players drop all their items when they die. Enable this
# setting, so players always keep their inventory on death.
mcl_keepInventory (Keep inventory on death) bool false

ancientmariner

by ancientmariner » Post

rudzik8 wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:45
Thanks! Now my mod is properly working under stable :D
Good to hear. Thanks for fixing it :).

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Good to see another release, for which I was just a tiny bit involved too. Here's a BBcode hint: instead of making every bullet point its own [ list ], use [ * ] for each bullet point inside the list. (remove spaces, I don't know the method to write literal BBcode tags into Minetest forums; anyone got a BBcode hint for that?)
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

MirceaKitsune
GitHub: MirceaKitsune
IRC: Taoki
In-game: MirceaKitsune

by MirceaKitsune » Post

Gotta say: I'm sure glad this game exists and is being carefully updated with latest Minetest. I got back into MT after hearing there's finally support for shadows and other pretty effects, but as usual Minetest Game is very simplistic: This seems to be the highest quality compilation of mods so far, adding not too little and not too much all in harmony with everything else, latest Git version looks and feels really great. It does follow Minecraft to the letter perhaps a little too much, though of course this was always the official goal... seeing it branch in its own unique direction would be nice, but in any case I'm glad a complete modpack like Mineclone is available.

flegel

by flegel » Post

Thank you for version 0.83,

i have a problem, the chickens can pass through the stone wall.

I use minetest 5.7 sever and client.

ancientmariner

by ancientmariner » Post

flegel wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:45
Thank you for version 0.83,

i have a problem, the chickens can pass through the stone wall.

I use minetest 5.7 sever and client.
What do you mean, they walk through a stone wall?

I don't think that is a new thing. I think it's a lag related thing where it doesn't realise there is a collision until it's too late. If anything 0.83 should make this happen less.

Also mobs when growing can clip into walls (not sure if it counts for chickens). It often helps to have mobs surrounded by fences, then walls, so if they clip into fence they don't die, but don't escape.

Not ideal, but hopefully at some point, we'll get to the bottom of this.