[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Painadath

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by Painadath » Post

Another fact to which i prefer updating to newer versions because of high fps Rate

On my raspberry pi in 5.3.0 i got 4-13 FPS

But yesterday i updated to 5.5.0-dev and i got 15-30 FPS

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

https://imgur.com/a/Z7RStKW

Some work I'm doing on MCL2 hope y'all like it
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Hi,
is it possible to spawn a village and villagers in an existing world? I checked out the spawnstruct command but village does not seem to be in the list of spawnable structures.

If it is not possible to spawn a village manually do you just have to wander around in your world? Are the positions of villages set out when the world is created or are they generated "on the fly" when one walks into a new area for the first time?
Do villagers only spawn in villages or do they just appear randomly?
Bye!

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

meise21 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 07:03
Hi,
is it possible to spawn a village and villagers in an existing world? I checked out the spawnstruct command but village does not seem to be in the list of spawnable structures.

If it is not possible to spawn a village manually do you just have to wander around in your world? Are the positions of villages set out when the world is created or are they generated "on the fly" when one walks into a new area for the first time?
Bye!
I confirm that the Villages are generated "on the fly", as you mentioned.
I was exploring to find Dark Wood Trees for saplings. I canoe-ed a bit on the ocean and arrived at a new continent. Suddendly, as I started to walk on the ground, the game slowed down drastically, I couldn't even put a torch on the grass. Thinking that the game had frozen, I shut it down, waited some seconds, re-launched it and I resumed my exploration.
About 100 blocks away from my starting point, I found the place of a village with the emplacements of the houses completely empty. And the poor villagers were hunted by monsters... :/ My bad.
About the villagers... they were already in the Village area. So, i suppose that they spawn at the very same time the village is generated.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

This new version is enjoyable, really. It has all you need for a Grand Adventure. Props to you guys. I loooove it!
Plus, with the "alt_tp" texture pack, it becomes AWESOME! Landscapes in V7 mapgen are beautiful.

So, in that case and for all the great work Wuzzy and all Members of the MineClone2 Team made:

+STAMP!+ [JiCeyCraft Approoved]
:D

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

meise21 wrote:
is it possible to spawn a village and villagers in an existing world?
Yes. Villages are basically Settlements by Rochambeau adapted for MineClone 2. There is a tool mcl_villages:tool. You can take it by typing: "/giveme mcl_villages:tool". But I've disabled this tool for Survival mode so you should be in Creative mode, and maybe I was wrong and we should return it to Survival mode as well, or disable at all :)

meise21

by meise21 » Post

@JiCeyCraft: Ok so we'll keep exploring:-)

@kay27 thanks for that info! I'll try that as soon as we play the next time.

One more thing we noticed. We couldn't find a village in our survival world yet but we stumbled upon a lone villager wandering around. However we were not able to open his trading menu. Are they only supposed to be trading as long as they are in a village?

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

meise21 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 15:42

One more thing we noticed. We couldn't find a village in our survival world yet but we stumbled upon a lone villager wandering around. However we were not able to open his trading menu. Are they only supposed to be trading as long as they are in a village?
There are unemployed villagers who cannot trade.

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 23:30
But I've disabled this tool for Survival mode so you should be in Creative mode, and maybe I was wrong and we should return it to Survival mode as well, or disable at all :)
Adds another level of gameplay if you spawn next to a village.
expecially if you increase the monster spawn so you have to defend and rebuild .so nice to have the choice on start .glad to see you have added the village zombies .been using the orginal MC2 mobs in other games .really missing the cats and the land octopus will you add them in the future ? .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

Painadath

by Painadath » Post

meise21 wrote:
Hi,

Bye!
Villagers only spawn in villages on survival and there is a bug that cause to spawn villages on pathways .
and there is a constant number of villagers spawn in village at a time .when you kill a villager after sometime another villager is spawned

meise21

by meise21 » Post

@kay27 Just tried the mcl_villages:tool in survival. Worked like a charm!
Thanks for your help & Bye!

Mallo1234

by Mallo1234 » Post

Hi

My Friends and I trie to find out, what is coming in the next Mineclone2 update because We look forward to the next update. the dad of my friend has a Mineclone2 Serfer

Painadath

by Painadath » Post

@Mallo1234

as per offical repo
The 0.72.0 Release - API & Performance Update

This release is about API, Performance, Clean code, Configuration and Documentation.

And it is only completed of 13% of 100 i think it will take a lot of time

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

hi
it does not have to do with mineclone 2 directly but i was wondering if anyone knew what texture pack the clamity anarchy sever uses? i would like to use it in my single player world.

Nebbie

by Nebbie » Post

Glad to see this is still getting releases, especially with villagers. I would like to note that the Nether is probably the area I'd like to see most fixed; it and the End, as Minecraft's two other dimensions, serve to provide a lot of the excitement of exploration in Minecraft, so it's kind of sad to see them in their current state.

Anyways, since it's been a while, I decided to try survival again on the seed 0 and see how much better things are since that first time I tried out Mineclone 2 with a speedrun (get to the Nether and collect Blaze Rods as fast as possible) approach:
  • Movement still seems sluggish compared to Minecraft, yet weirdly floaty with jumping, allowing holding space to climb hills in a weirdly fast way.
  • I see sneaking now lowers camera height for visual indication, nice.
  • Still no ability to shift-click once to get all the amount of an item I can craft with what's in the window.
  • Item pickup still instant on breaking things.
  • The water overlay is stupidly bright for night-time and makes it basically impossible to see anything from an inch below the surface.
  • XP really feels nice to have, and I must say I like the sounds related to it.
  • With animals not pre-spawned, it's next to impossible to find wool by night 1 to skip it.
  • Combat is still awful with it being a clickfest where your character weakly taps things to death before they can hit too many times themselves. I know it's asking a lot to be able to do Minecraft's off-hand thing, but I really miss just spending 1 iron and some wood to be able to negate skeletons and make creepers less of a threat.
  • Dogs! They're cool, but the visual indicator of them being told to stay is...a little confusing at first. I much prefer Minecraft's method of showing them sitting.
  • Glad to see mobs burning in sunlight now. Also very glad that animals don't seem to accumulate in water anymore.
  • Very glad Endermen no longer aggro from being near to them.
  • Back to sheep again, are they persistent? I left one alive, and it actually was still there both times I came back up to the surface.
  • Sounds from mobs seem glitched, I continually hear footsteps from various mobs around me, and after killing a spider, I heard its noises many seconds after it died. It's like there are ghosts around.
  • I actually prefer Mineclone 2 chests to Minecraft ones now...but I would recommend they sound less like pure squeaky hinges, especially on closing. Minecraft's was already annoying, and this seems higher-pitched.
  • Beds are better than before, but they could really use the view-darkening Minecraft uses to indicate how close you are to a night skip, and the error messages could do with being a bit larger in size.
  • Making a portal wasn't as frustrating as before, but it still was a nightmare of not being able to correctly place things or easily retrieve the water with how you need direct access to the water source block to do so.
  • Now the absolute biggest problem...when I went to the Nether, the portal I arrived in was surrounded by lava. This is...a complete non-starter. There's still no animation for the portal working, but that's minor compared to a completely non-usable portal.
  • When the Netherside portal sent me back, it created a whole new portal...which destroyed a bunch of dirt around it, when there were perfectly-usable flat areas nearby.
All in all, I feel things have improved, and it honestly feels pretty close to Minecraft now just going around the overworld doing stuff, but the issues it still has really cause trouble when trying to rapidly progress. Animals pre-spawning is really important to surviving early in Minecraft, bucket mechanics are pretty vital to making portals without the tedium of obsidian mining, and the Nether needs lots of open spaces that it puts portals in to prevent trapping you.

Grigor

by Grigor » Post

Hi all, just wanted to say a big WELL DONE for this latest update. Enjoying all the new quirks and variables of the villages and villagers a great deal, and seeing some aspects of the game (all those zombie hands in treasure boxes?!) start to make more sense. (I've never played the original Minecraft)

I've started fooling around with potions, but only after looking at some Minecraft wikis to see where and how to get started. Assume there'll be some in-game clues at some point in the future? The importance of blaze rods and nether wart, for instance?

A possible bug: the arrows you buy from the Fletcher villager don't stack up with the arrows you already have, they seem a whole different item in the inventory. I work around this by firing off the purchased arrows close by and picking them up again - then they stack into the inventory with the others.

Just wanted to ask, is there a variable that controls the top speed for the boat? Have tried changing all the numbers in mcl_boats\init.lua with no obvious results. There was a variable in the old init that I could change for a less rocket-powered rowboat!

In reply to #Nebbie regarding the nether, sometimes you end up in lava, sometimes not. I found building the Overworld portal too deep seems to place the Nether portal way down in the lava, and the subsequent Overworld portal pops out above ground. Building the 1st Overworld portal in a mountain or just below sea level works best. Failing that, build the Overworld portal some distance away to get a different entry point down below. Just a quirk of the game. Also, the "landscape" you get in the Nether depends on the setup of your mapgen. My setup gets lots of lava falls which often invade a perfectly safe entry portal and cut off one's escape - a fun challenge, I say.

Great work everyone, and look forward to the next version!!

Nebbie

by Nebbie » Post

Grigor wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 03:47

In reply to #Nebbie regarding the nether, sometimes you end up in lava, sometimes not. I found building the Overworld portal too deep seems to place the Nether portal way down in the lava, and the subsequent Overworld portal pops out above ground. Building the 1st Overworld portal in a mountain or just below sea level works best. Failing that, build the Overworld portal some distance away to get a different entry point down below. Just a quirk of the game. Also, the "landscape" you get in the Nether depends on the setup of your mapgen. My setup gets lots of lava falls which often invade a perfectly safe entry portal and cut off one's escape - a fun challenge, I say.

The reason I'm getting very bad portals is because I'm using underground lava lakes (to get around needing diamonds), which are pretty low down, and thus virtually guaranteeing my nether coordinates are in lava. This just isn't an issue in Minecraft. because it has a whole algorithm for finding a portal area, that uses a cylindrical volume going up until it finds a good flat area, and only failing that will it spawn a portal in the air above lava. This makes generally even the deepest Nether portals viable.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

ehhhhhhhh.............. uh... hey guys, i can't get these CREEPERS to stop exploding, the blow up everything, any hints how to get them to go away ??

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

DOOM_possum wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 20:42
ehhhhhhhh.............. uh... hey guys, i can't get these CREEPERS to stop exploding, the blow up everything, any hints how to get them to go away ??
Disable them in the minetest config, thats what I did.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 06:56
DOOM_possum wrote:
Disable them in the minetest config, thats what I did.
I'll see to it there's a better way to read documentation on this, this is a integral part of the mobs api overhaul, it's just going to take a very long time
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

DOOM_possum wrote:
I have heard that Creepers are afraid of Cats, in Minecraft.
Will it be the same, in Mineclone2?

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

well, i don't know, sure you'd think

there is a lot of stuff in The code, from the works, He seems to have special jungle wood structures, and other Things planned, maybe it will be released in an overhaul, or as a seperate addition

Grigor

by Grigor » Post

Yeah, DOOM_possum, not a big fan of Creepers either. I just head for a nice big open desert and set up home there. You still get Creepers, but at least they can't hide in the grass.

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

Aye, i mainly like to use the Diamond Pick Axe to get around them, this Game doesn't have the infinite potential MC's handling has, but there are many BOSS fighters to not even soon forget, some of Them probably even dropping concerning, scientific upgrades

chmod 000 -R /
GitHub: chmodsayshello
IRC: chmodsayshello HalloWarNiemalsHier
In-game: hallo chmodsayshello

by chmod 000 -R / » Post

Yesterday I noticed that you can duplicate doors with screwdrivers, everytime you leftclick a door with it, the door will break into it's 2 blocks or rotate just fine, in both cases, it drops a new door, and you can continue doing this. Because iron doors are affected too and give a full iron ingot when smelted in a furnace, it theoretically can make that iron is notthing worth on servers anymore.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-04-11 08-30-17.png
Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-04-11 08-30-17.png (762.73 KiB) Viewed 2236 times