[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

kay27
GitHub: kay27

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by kay27 » Post

Faussy wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:28
However in Mineclone, the portal is spawned in the lava lake, on the bedrock(at -29062.5)
It shouldn't be so currently. Could you please try to reproduce with latest MineClone 2 from master branch (zip, tar.gz)?

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

it's a fun Game, thanks for making It

i particularly like The Atmosphere, and the sounds of the water, if other Games try to use some of these ideas, it could be made even better, especially Ones going for deadly circumstances

FunKey

by FunKey » Post

I have been playing with Mineclone for a month. It's a good game, I like it.
I noticed a problem with the texture of the brick stairs. It does not appear seamless.
Here is a picture attached.
Thank you for your work.
Attachments
brickstairstexture.jpg
brickstairstexture.jpg (156.47 KiB) Viewed 2131 times

Walker
In-game: Walker

by Walker » Post

two bugs ( not confirmed ):

- doors open only if you click the lower part
- if you press "W", carts drive in the direction you look, not in the direction the rails goes

Faussy

by Faussy » Post

kay27 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 06:57
...Could you please try to reproduce with latest MineClone 2 from master branch ...
I downloaded the version in the links you posted. It now works as expected; no lava death portal. I even loaded up a new world with the same seed and positioned the portal in the exact same spot. The Nether side portal is generating 35 blocks higher than in the other version and in a safe location. Though, now I'm getting 'not enough memory' errors, with random amounts ranging from 89 to 200 MB. I never had these before,

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: Lua:finishGenOOM error from mod 'mcl_mapgen_core' in
callback environment_OnGenerated(): not enough memory
Current Lua memory usage: 89 MB
Currently using: Minetest 5.5.0 MineClone 2 0.72.0 OpenGL 2.1 Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB Raspbian (buster) 32-bit

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@Faussy 89 MB isn't enough for these callbacks. Please take a look: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/1128 It's actually all what I know about that.

Faussy

by Faussy » Post

kay27 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:24
@Faussy 89 MB isn't enough for these callbacks. Please take a look: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/1128 It's actually all what I know about that.
I guess, when compiling, 'make' uses LuaJIT on its own then. This morning, I couldn't reproduce the error, despite running so fast that the mapgen couldn't keep up and I hit an invisible wall until it finally loaded the new terrain.

Everything worked perfectly...how dissapointing.
Currently using: Minetest 5.5.0 MineClone 2 0.72.0 OpenGL 2.1 Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB Raspbian (buster) 32-bit

doctorfrog

by doctorfrog » Post

I'm grateful that MineClone 2 is still seeing active development. My thanks to the project leads for keeping it going and keeping the vision narrowed on the last version of Minecraft I managed to play some years ago!

Quick question here: which mapgen should I be using? Looks like it's 'valleys' by default, so I assume that's the one.

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

doctorfrog wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 03:59
Quick question here: which mapgen should I be using? Looks like it's 'valleys' by default, so I assume that's the one.
Most say carpathian is the best. But you can't say that exactly.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

NO11 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 21:48
doctorfrog wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 03:59
Most say carpathian is the best. But you can't say that exactly.
After some tests, I favour V7 or Carpathians Mapgens.
IMO, they are more realistic and the landscapes are somptuous.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

doctorfrog

by doctorfrog » Post

Thanks for the opinions, I'll check out a few of V7 and Carpathians. Valleys is nice enough, but I'll check out the others.

kay27

NEW MOBS

by kay27 » Post

NEW MOBS by jordan4ibanez are merged into master branch (issue #1669).

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

awesome, i can't wait to see them roaming around, on the map, in flocks of Life, and, Death

DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

are sweetberry bushes supposed to start growing or something, in This Game, and weren't there some kind of wood platform, similar to slab, or was i imagining That?, i'd be cursed to say i'd have to go find help or looking for It, on twitch, or reddit

kay27

by kay27 » Post

DOOM_possum wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 07:33
are sweetberry bushes supposed to start growing or something...
Similar questions and an issue about that from me, but it's in 'mineclone5' which is our staging branch, not in 'master' branch.

By the way, master branch is now frozen, and here is the announcement: Feature Freeze.

Faussy

by Faussy » Post

kay27 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 20:13
Feature Freeze
That will be nice. Once done, things like better mob ai can be addressed. I noticed that now slimes are not hostile, don't give slimeballs, or split into smaller slimes(#1675). Which worked a short while ago. That and, from time to time, mcl_dungeons placing dungeons and filling chests will crash Minetest entirely to OS without error message.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Question : are there currently Fortresses in the Nether?

Inconvenience : even with a Power V Bow and a Sharpness V Sword, I couldn't do any damage on Ghasts. :/

On my side, Slimes are pesky in the OverWorld. And peskier in the Nether. *argh*
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Grigor

by Grigor » Post

Does anyone else get rain and snow in the deserts? Pretty sure that doesn't happen in Minecraft:

https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Rain

"No rain occurs in warmer biomes such as the Desert and the Savanna, as well as in other Dimensions."

I did a very clunky workaround for myself using temperature and humidity (I can barely do anything in .lua) but I'm sure there's a better way.

@JiCeyCraft: haven't seen a fortress yet - some references in the code, but no schematic. Ghasts: try getting up close and personal. Like, reaaaly close.

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

Does anyone else get rain and snow in the deserts?
This is actually an old issue. See https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... /issues/96

This issue was initially marked as "Needs engine change" to detect the biome, but that engine change happened long ago. Thanks for bringing this up, we'll work on it.

Grigor

by Grigor » Post

Thanks, Fleckenstein. Appreciate all the work you're putting into this! Here's part of what I did to work around it, embedded in weather_core.lua. If you're interested I can post the relevant files.

mcl_weather.is_rain = function(pos)
heat = minetest.get_heat(pos)
humidity = minetest.get_humidity(pos)
if pos.y >= 67 then -- no rain at all above cloud level
return false
end

if humidity >= 42 then -- humid enough not to be desert
return true
end

if heat >= 80 then -- damn hot
return false
end

if humidity <= 25 then -- dry enough
return false
end

if heat >= 60 and humidity <= 25 then -- probably a hot, dry place
return false
else
return true
end
end

...But as you indicated, there's been an engine change since that could make this simpler.

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

Hi :)
I'm enjoying a lot the game and playing more than I should ^^

I'll try to pay attention to odd stuff and report bugs if any. I'm on a server where the admin is running Mineclone master, is that useful or are we just seeking trouble ^^"

---

Is that expected that when growing pumpkins or watermelons the soil under the stem and the pumpkin/watermelon turn back to dirt?

eyekay
GitHub: Azl-Eyekay
In-game: eyekay49

by eyekay » Post

Hi, I have a MineClone 2 texture pack.
I want to colour the leaves according to the biome, like the dirt with grass, grass etc.
1. Can this be done with a texture pack? If so, how? I was thinking I would copy the dirt with grass's node definition but I am not sure where it can be put in a texture pack. I already have shadow/humus under the grass which is not there by default using override.txt (so that normal dirt is not affected) but I don't know how to add this.
2. If not, can it be implemented in MineClone2? Should I make an issue for this?
<a href=about:blank> My projects</a>

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

tuxayo wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 20:28
I'm on a server where the admin is running Mineclone master, is that useful or are we just seeking trouble ^^"
The master branch is expected to have bugs, as it's a place where active development happens, so it really depends on what everyone expects from that server. Clearly bugs are not welcome in a world where people want a stable environment, and a fully stable environment might be slightly boring when people are fine with occasional issues as long as they get more features.

So if the main goal is testing the latest developments so you can help catching issues fast so the team can fix them, that's awesome! :) And if everyone expects a stable environment for long-time builds, the latest stable release is the recommended one.
tuxayo wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 20:28
Is that expected that when growing pumpkins or watermelons the soil under the stem and the pumpkin/watermelon turn back to dirt?
Yes, that's normal because grass is supposed to die if it's covered and doesn't get enough light. We're trying to stay as close as the engine (Minetest) allows to Minecraft mechanics:
Grass dies and changes to dirt after a random time (when a random tick lands on the block) if directly covered by any opaque block. Transparent blocks can kill grass in a similar manner, but only if they cause the light level above the grass block to be four or below (like water does), and the surrounding area is not otherwise sufficiently lit up.

Grigor

by Grigor » Post

Just doing an image search "Minecraft eye of ender" and the eyes, end pearls and end portals are all blue-green rather than red-orange. Is there a reason (i.e copyright)? It'd be an easy fix to bring MC2 that little bit closer to an exact clone. (I've started changing a few .PNG files to see how it looks - I can post the resulting files if it helps. I'd like to be able to contribute something!)
BTW, good idea doing a freeze until the bugs are ironed out. Looking forward to 0.72!

Here's my take on Minecraft-style Ender Pearl, Eye of Ender and End Portal in Mineclone2:
End Portal Mineclone.jpg
End Portal Mineclone.jpg (143.18 KiB) Viewed 2111 times

Nebbie

by Nebbie » Post

Grigor wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 21:42
Just doing an image search "Minecraft eye of ender" and the eyes, end pearls and end portals are all blue-green rather than red-orange. Is there a reason (i.e copyright)? It'd be an easy fix to bring MC2 that little bit closer to an exact clone. (I've started changing a few .PNG files to see how it looks - I can post the resulting files if it helps. I'd like to be able to contribute something!)
BTW, good idea doing a freeze until the bugs are ironed out. Looking forward to 0.72!

Here's my take on Minecraft-style Ender Pearl, Eye of Ender and End Portal in Mineclone2:
End Portal Mineclone.jpg
I at one point tried to make a better ender pearl in the style of Mineclone2's texture pack, but Wuzzy didn't like it for some reason.
Attachments
EnderPearlMC2.png
EnderPearlMC2.png (942 Bytes) Viewed 2111 times