GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.56.2 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.56.2 released.

List of changes:

- Bugfix: Players could die even when damage is disabled
- Bugfix: Make sure grass is always green (even with weird param2 value)
- Bugfix: Some fixes related to legacy dry grass conversion

Walker
In-game: Walker

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.56.1]

by Walker » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Are you sure the grass blocks got the param2 of 240 because of the update? I.e. they did not have a different param2 before?

Also, were these blocks dry grass before? Or just normal grass?
oh guilty ... I have to dig up a backup and have a look ^^
otherwise yes ... has been since the update;)

icecold

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.56.2]

by icecold » Post

First post here and my kids and I love playing MineClone2 - thank you for the work!. I'm just discovering server etc - and while I've just returned to MT/MCL2 after a long time- so a few questions

Update/install questions:
1. How do I update if I have a world in progress? If I just unzip to games folder, do the updates work on on ongoing world? Or do I need to start a new world?

Minetest:
1. There's final minetest and minetest... Looks like at some point there was a fork. What is recommended? FMT seems to have better graphics & perf though but MT was easier for me to build from source (with Redis support). Also FMT also ships a MineClone2 game - so :confused:

Gameplay:
1. Does planting sugarcane work? I cannot seem to get it to plant - even near water block
2. Is there saddle and taming horses? Can you ride horses?

Walker

by Walker » Post

icecold wrote:Update/install questions:
1. How do I update if I have a world in progress? If I just unzip to games folder, do the updates work on on ongoing world? Or do I need to start a new world?
I just always replace minetest with the new version and continue to use my world (including my server> German-MineClone2-server) ... so far without problems
So I think yes, the update should work with an existing world
icecold wrote:Minetest:
1. There's final minetest and minetest... Looks like at some point there was a fork. What is recommended? FMT seems to have better graphics & perf though but MT was easier for me to build from source (with Redis support). Also FMT also ships a MineClone2 game - so :confused:
in short:
NEVER USE FMT !!!
Last edited by Walker on Tue Dec 17, 2019 05:00, edited 1 time in total.

Walker

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.56.1]

by Walker » Post

Walker wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:Are you sure the grass blocks got the param2 of 240 because of the update? I.e. they did not have a different param2 before?

Also, were these blocks dry grass before? Or just normal grass?
oh guilty ... I have to dig up a backup and have a look ^^
otherwise yes ... has been since the update;)
ok, i double check it
param2 was 240 already before update ... but why!?
and it was not noticed before ^^

btw. I fixed it with WorldEdit ... "//param2 0"

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

icecold wrote:1. How do I update if I have a world in progress? If I just unzip to games folder, do the updates work on on ongoing world? Or do I need to start a new world?
MineClone 2, among many other games for Minetest, is hosted on the Content DB. https://content.minetest.net/
It's the official Minetest package system. You can download and update from there within Minetest. This is the easiest way to update MineClone 2.

The older method of updating games manually still works: Just replace the “mineclone2” directory in the “games” directory.

You do not need to start a new world.

I try to not break worlds for no reason, but I note that MineClone 2 is still in alpha stage, which means things can change at any time. But when a big change is happening, you will see it in the release notes.

When I'm at it, I should probably list the things that I expect to do a complete rework at some point (possibly in a breaking fashion):
  • All things redstone
  • Armor
  • Mobs
The latest and greatest version of MineClone 2 can be found on in this forum thread and the Content DB. MineClone 2 needs Minetest 5.1.0 to work (but maybe 5.0.0 works as well … no idea). So that is recommended.

Final Minetest is indeed a fork. It's a fork of Minetest 0.4. It's mostly developed by only one developer, OldCoder. It is true that Final Minetest offers a version of MineClone 2 on its website, but it's an old version: version 0.41.3.

If you're unsure about which version you got, read the “README.md” inside the game's directory. It should tell you the version number.

I do neither endorse nor discourage the use of Final Minetest, until someone can proof to me that it is malware. I do neither endorse nor discourage the version of MineClone 2 shipped on minetest.org.
1. Does planting sugarcane work? I cannot seem to get it to plant - even near water block
2. Is there saddle and taming horses? Can you ride horses?
Yes.

icecold

by icecold » Post

Thanks @wuzzy and @Walker for the detailed answers.

I'm going with minetest - esp since I can compile it with Luajit and Redis and deploy on a RPi. Any advice on how to make it look good/better on the client than with defaults?

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I do neither endorse nor discourage the use of Final Minetest, until someone can proof to me that it is malware
There are other, just as important, aspects to consider than whether it has malware or not.

icecold, you should read viewtopic.php?f=55&t=23615
Last edited by paramat on Sat Dec 21, 2019 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

icecold

by icecold » Post

Read that link.. thanks.. was useful. Might help too make it more prominent/sticky

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Is there an elytra for flying and fireworks for a boost
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No. Or at least: Not yet.

icecold

by icecold » Post

Has compass, map and mini map been removed... I only see those in the fmt distro
Somehow that have me the impression that the fmt mcl2 was more advanced!

Also, is there anyplace to look up ALL recipes?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No, these items have not been removed, and they are all craftable.

But I can confirm the crafting guide does no longer display the recipe for the compass … OK, I tell you now: It's 4 iron ingots around 1 redstone.

Will be fixed in next version.

I find it hard to believe that the FMT version is more advanced, as it's an older version. Show me one feature that FMT's MCL2 has that my MCL2 doesn't.

Currently, the only way to make more recipes visible in the game is by collecting more items. This will unlock new recipes. To know all recipes, you have to collect all items at some point in time.

But maybe I could add a cheat or something like that to unlock all. The main reason you don't get to see all recipes at the start is because of spoilers. :) Also, Minecraft does that as well. :P

Note that items are craftable even if the crafting guide doesn't show it (but it should not happen that the crafting guide doesn't show something that you can already craft).

icecold

by icecold » Post

Yeah... I checked versions after your earlier posts and was wondering (I had Redstone and iron ingots) since the recipe wasn't shown.. that led to the (false) impression...

icecold

by icecold » Post

Any way the map helps in figuring out a saddle location? Driving my kids and me mad :)

On that note, a tech tree would be really nice QoL improvement!

Leun
In-game: Leun

by Leun » Post

icecold wrote:Any way the map helps in figuring out a saddle location? Driving my kids and me mad :)

For saddles, you just want to look for chests in dungeons, mineshafts, temples and villages. The loot is random, so you might be looking for a while before you find one. As far as I know, vanilla Minecraft maps never showed the locations of chests with saddles in them, so I doubt that feature will get added unless someone makes a mod of that for MineClone2.. but that would take all the fun out of searching for saddles.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Leun wrote:
icecold wrote:Any way the map helps in figuring out a saddle location? Driving my kids and me mad :)

For saddles, you just want to look for chests in dungeons, mineshafts, temples and villages. The loot is random, so you might be looking for a while before you find one. As far as I know, vanilla Minecraft maps never showed the locations of chests with saddles in them, so I doubt that feature will get added unless someone makes a mod of that for MineClone2.. but that would take all the fun out of searching for saddles.
Villages? 0.0 You have found villages? In MineClone2? And villagers?
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Leun
In-game: Leun

by Leun » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
Leun wrote:

Villages? 0.0 You have found villages? In MineClone2? And villagers?
I meant those are the ways you would find saddles in vanilla Minecraft and that in vanilla Minecraft, maps don't show the location of chests or their contents. Sorry, I didn't mean to mislead you. I play both games and sometimes it is difficult to remember which features are in and out of each game.

Wuzzy

FOUR FACTS

by Wuzzy » Post

FACT: No villages generate in MCL2 (yet). This is a missing feature.
FACT: The minimap does never show loot. This is by design.
FACT: There are hidden treasures in the world that may or may not contain saddles. Explore!
FACT: There may or may not be a new release within the next 24 hours.

Wuzzy

Version 0.57.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.57.0 released! Nicknamed “The Little Ocean Update”!

Changelog:
  • Add kelp and seagrass, they grow in oceans
  • Add dried kelp, the cheapest food
  • Add dried kelp block, burns well in furnace
  • Add corals, coral fans and coral blocks (in Creative Inventory only)
  • Sponges generate in deep oceans
  • Guardians and guardian elders drop more items on death
  • Ice texture is now opaque by default. This is done because translucency doesn't work well in Minetest (you can re-enable it with a setting, but beware it might look ugly)
  • Player now looks upwards when going to bed
  • Fix end rods falling down
  • Use sand and gravel as ocean floors (except in v6 mapgen)

Walker

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.57.0]

by Walker » Post

Das automatische ersetzen von dirt_with_dry_grass arbeitet nichtmehr ... ist es wieder raus ?
Attachments
dirt_with_dry_grass.jpg
dirt_with_dry_grass.jpg (683.5 KiB) Viewed 712 times

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Ich vermute mal, dass LBMs dann wohl in Minetest unzuverlässig sind. Seufz.
Ist dir vielleicht Minetest an dieser Stelle vorher abgestürzt oder hast du Minetest brutal abgeschossen?

Tu mal »run_at_every_load = true« in Zeile 763 in mods/ITEMS/mcl_core/nodes_base.lua.
Und mach das wieder weg, wenn du es nicht mehr brauchst.

Walker

by Walker » Post

in Zeile 763 ???

da gehts aber um ice ... bist du dir sicher ?

Code: Select all

761	minetest.register_node("mcl_core:ice", {
762		description = S("Ice"),
763		_doc_items_longdesc = S("Ice is a solid block usually found in cold areas. It melts near block light sources at a light level of 12 or higher. When it melts or is broken while resting on top of another block, it will turn into a water source."),
764		drawtype = ice_drawtype,
765		tiles = {"default_ice.png"},
766		is_ground_content = true,
767		paramtype = "light",
768		use_texture_alpha = translucent_ice,
769		stack_max = 64,
770		groups = {handy=1,pickaxey=1, slippery=3, building_block=1},
771		drop = "",
772		sounds = mcl_sounds.node_sound_glass_defaults(),
773		node_dig_prediction = "mcl_core:water_source",
774		after_dig_node = function(pos, oldnode)
775			mcl_core.melt_ice(pos)
776		end,
777		_mcl_blast_resistance = 2.5,
778		_mcl_hardness = 0.5,
779	})

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

functions.lua