[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Pxtl
GitHub: Pxtl
IRC: Pxtl
In-game: Pxtl

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.61.0]

by Pxtl » Post

Anybody have any luck getting MineClone 2 running on a Linux server? I've got a pi4-2gb raspbian box running vanilla Minetest game just fine, but if I try to put a MineClone world in there it just times out when I try to connect.

Little help?

edit: W000000000000000 it was just a chmod problem!

anybody know a good seed for MineClone2 to get a good world with a nicely-enclosed and kid-friendly start zone?

Pxtl
GitHub: Pxtl
IRC: Pxtl
In-game: Pxtl

by Pxtl » Post

Are there any skin mods that work with MineClone 2? Seems like all of them need MineTestGame. Just looking to have some variety in the picker.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Pxtl, You can replace the original ones in the mineclone game pack and I can help you with it if you join the #miniontoby irc channel from monday untill fryday
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

cHyper-0815OL

by cHyper-0815OL » Post

when you are updating MCL2 after the new Minetest release 5.2.0 stable has appeared today?

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.62.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.62.0 released! Nicknamed “The Biome Finder Update”!

This version is now compatible with version 5.2.0 of Minetest. But it still works in Minetest 5.1.0.
  • Fix many crashes related to Mobs in Minetest 5.2.0
  • Add findbiome command: It finds a biome and teleports you to it
  • Add achievement command
This is just a quick update to make MCL2 work in Minetest 5.2.0 at all. The next version will bring some fancy features that are now possible thanks to MT 5.2.0.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.62.0]

by Nicu » Post

Great news! :D And thanks for contributing various Minetest fixes and improvements. I'm eager to see what those fancy features will translate to for MineClone 2. :)

P.S. One issue so far:

P.S. 2: The above crash happened when a creeper wanted to blow up next to me. It just threw me out of the game.

Wuzzy

Version 0.63.0 released

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.63.0 released! Nicknamed “The Update for Minetest 5.2.0”!

Changelog:
  • Only compatible with Minetest 5.2.0 or later!
  • Fix crash related to the horse
  • Fix crash related to mobs, reported by nicu
  • Smoother sky color transitions when the weather changes
  • Change day sky color slightly
  • Small performance boost related to the sound effects (aka “ephemeral sounds”)
  • Make it less likely that it rains through glass
  • Add z-index sorting for HUD elements
  • Fix misplaced item slot in furnace
  • Lava no longer ignites blocks if the 3×1×3 area above it is completely covered
  • Increase wield scale of tools
  • Make mobs vulnerable to TNT explosion
  • All bark blocks are now flammable and usable as furnace fuel
When you upgrade to Minetest 5.2.0, there will also be indirect improvements that will manifest in MCL2:
  • New button style (I already wrote the code for that earlier)
  • Improved tool wear when punching mobs or players (I already wrote the code for that earlier)
  • Broken pathfinder of Minetest was repaired. Now mobs should be smarter when chasing you or other mobs
Another note about Minetest 5.2.0:
Most of the new MT 5.2.0 features I was talking about are more or less “under the hood” things. But there are still a couple of features that are interesting for MCL2, that I have not implemented yet:
  • I can change the moon texture. This unlocks moon phases
  • Hypertext support added. This will make it possible to create nicer-looking text in the Help. It will probably be quite a lot of work to actually include hypertext support and update the help

meise21

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.63.0]

by meise21 » Post

Hi,
I have set up a minetest/mineclone2 server on our family network. It is all running smoothly. However I am too stupid to start the game in creative mode.
I have tried to set the following in minetest.conf

Code: Select all

creative_mode = true
I also checked the world.mt file in our world. In there is:

creative_mode = true
When I start our world and connect with the client the game still runs in survival mode. Any idea what I am missing?
Thanks in advance!

Ryu
In-game: Ryu

by Ryu » Post

there should be a box you can check within the applications UI

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

Thanks for the update, Wuzzy! I don't know if this is related to 0.63.0 but the number of passive mobs is now so ridiculously high (hundreds) that I can't get rid of them fast enough. :-/ Most of them are around the shoreline.

Minecraft's mob cap is significantly lower:
https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Spawn#Java_Edition_mob_cap

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Ryu wrote:there should be a box you can check within the applications UI
Sorry maybe I didn't mention the server is dedicated so there is no GUI.

Qarmus

by Qarmus » Post

meise21: Are you aware of the difference between creative mode and damage in Minetest? If you just enable creative mode damage might still be enabled.
Make sure that the following line is in your world's world.mt file in order to disable damage:

enable_damage = false

Codesound

by Codesound » Post

Minetest 5.2, Mineclone 2 0.63.0

Hi,
I tried your beautiful Mineclone 2: I'll point out some things that I imagine you already know....
all mobs are above the water:

and tree leaves often do not disappear on their own:

I don't find apples tree.... (Are the apples that increase the life of Sam, right? (my daughter call it Micos ;-) )
one last thing: in MC the rock breaks ONLY with the pickaxe: why in mineclone2 if I hit the rock, does it break after a while?

thanks Wuzzy, thanks again!

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I will not depend on or officially support bleeding edge, period. Several reasons:

- It is simply much less stress to me. Stable is called “stable” for a reason. Depending on bleeding edge basically means I will waste time by chasing a moving target, and this is stressful to me. It's MUCH safer for me if I just care about latest stable, I can actually focus on development and don't have to figure out why feature X in -dev suddenly broke …
- It might be true that most changes that make it in, stay in, but it's NOT true that they also will never be touched again once they have been committed. People start finding bugs or, even more important, design flaws when they actually testing it in -dev, so changes happen. I mean, it's -dev, breaking changes are to be expected
- I cannot depend on most -dev features without also losing compability with latest stable, that's a no-no. By losing compability with stable, I will exclude a large chunk of the playerbase. I think it would be quite rude to players to expect them to be constantly on the bleeding edge, only to play my game. You have to be a programmer or power user to be even able to do this anyway. (OK, maybe there is still a way to make everyone happy, with lots of annoying compability checks, yadda yadda but this is just a lot of boring and ultimately unproductive work that is irrelevant once the release is out)
- I am quick in updating MCL2 after a new Minetest release has appeared. Even after the major MT release 5.0.0, it only took me ca. 3 days.

MCL2 is still officially in alpha, so obviously this ain't for Game Releases. This means it is not feature complete. Not even close. It also means it has many, many bugs. Especially mobs. https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClo ... assignee=0. MCL2 might be old, but it is NOT mature. I'm sorry for crushing your dreams.
Yes, MCL2 has tons of fancy features, but it also has tons of fancy bugs. :D

It's also a bit about myself. It is against my work ethic to release a software with many KNOWN high-importance, high-impact bugs as “stable”.

I hope you understand.
Didn't even read all of it, but for the beginning: to those who disagree, try an equivalent task: always, ALWAYS have THE LATEST iPhone, or laptop, or whatever.
May God be with you, always.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

2020-04-11 13:13:35: ERROR[Main]: ModError: Failed to load and run script from SNIP/MineClone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_hoppers/init.lua:
2020-04-11 13:13:35: ERROR[Main]: Unknown node: mcl_chests:chest
2020-04-11 13:13:35: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2020-04-11 13:13:35: ERROR[Main]: 	[C]: in function 'get_content_id'
2020-04-11 13:13:35: ERROR[Main]: 	SNIP/MineClone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_hoppers/init.lua:3: in main chunk
2020-04-11 13:13:35: ERROR[Main]: Siehe debug.txt für Details.
Bug since 5.3.0-dev due to access to an unknown node.

EDIT after IRC conversation: If you're getting this error, change the upstream URL from https://repo.or.cz/MineClone/MineClone2.git/ to the new minetest.land address. The repo still exists, thus did not error upon updating my 2017 clone.
Last edited by Krock on Mon Apr 13, 2020 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No. You're using an outdated version because I fixed this bug in 6ce3278dd4f3c25d0784cba036d7c932d972aaf3 already, and I had 3 releases since then.

Leun
In-game: Leun

by Leun » Post

Minetest: 5.2.0
MineClone2: 0.63.0

I got this error when I was killing sheep on top of a cliff and one of the sheep fell off and hit the ground.

AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mcl_item_entity' in callback luaentity_Step():
...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua:205 attempt to index local 'v'(a nil value)
stack traceback:
...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua: 205: in function 'get_velocity'
...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua: 946: in function 'do_jump'
...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua: 3189: in function
<...4\bin\..\games\mineclone2\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs/api.lua: 3033>

meise21

by meise21 » Post

Qarmus wrote:meise21: Are you aware of the difference between creative mode and damage in Minetest? If you just enable creative mode damage might still be enabled.
Make sure that the following line is in your world's world.mt file in order to disable damage:

enable_damage = false
Hi Quarmus,
Thanks for your reply. No I haven't noticed that difference before. I just double checked and yes enable_damage was also set to false. What I did find out though was that at least in my setup the settings in world.mt are completely ignored. Only the setting for creative_mode and enable_damage in minetest.conf are used.
Bye,
Markus

Wuzzy

Version 0.64.0 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.64.0 released! Nicknamed “The Full Moon Update”!
  • Fix possible crash after mob dies after fall damage (reported by Leun)
  • Fix possible crash after mob dies after light damage
  • Added the long-awaited mob cap. Mobs should now stop spawning when a high number of mobs are already there
  • Added 8 moon phases. This is only a graphical effect
  • Tweak snowflake appearance
  • Snowball emits particles on impact at random

Qarmus

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.64.0]

by Qarmus » Post

In Minetest and in Minecraft ores appear in (smaller or bigger) clusters. However in Minetest the ore-blocks inside of those clusters are mixed with stone and often don't touch each other where as in Minecraft they always touch each other either face to face or (rarely) over the edges. As MineClone 2 behaves currently like default Minetest (Minetest Game) and not Minecraft I would really appreciate it if this could be changed.

This might look like an unimportant detail at first but when currently mining in survival mode the outcome (amount of ores you get) in MineClone 2 seems to be noticeable smaller than in Minecraft. I also found an explanation for that:
If in Minecraft you find one ore-block of a cluster you've also automatically found all ore-blocks of that cluster as they all stick directly together. In MineClone 2 on the other side you often find only one single ore-block of a cluster and then you have to dig out a relatively big area just to make sure that you also get all the other ore-blocks of that cluster. First this consumes a lot of time and second it puts a lot of wear on the pickaxe so you need more ores to repair it.

In Minetest Game this doesn't really matter as you can just go in any cave or cavern bellow Y=-2048 and mine diamonds at a very high rate. All the other ores are so common down there that taking just the ones visible at the surface is more than enough.
Unfortunately in Minecraft and MineClone 2 diamonds only appear in a small layer above bedrock so if you want to mine at diamond hight the best thing you can do is branch mining but then you already have a lot of wear on your pickaxe and you won't get a big surface where you can already see most of the ore-blocks as you would do in a cave.

markodon
In-game: mark

by markodon » Post

when update on latest version i got this Image
and i get error when teleport to someone land, server crushes on every relogin, only on that land:
2020-04-15 16:30:55: ERROR[Emerge-0]: Invalid block data in database (-13,0,24) (SerializationError): deSerializeString: couldn't read all chars
2020-04-15 16:30:56: ACTION[Main]: Server: Shutting down
2020-04-15 16:30:56: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Server shuts down. Player data is about to be saved.
2020-04-15 16:30:56: ACTION[Main]: [doc] Wrote player data into E:\minetest-5.2.0-win64\worlds\mineclone2/doc.mt.
2020-04-15 16:30:58: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: Invalid data in MapBlock (-13,0,24)
2020-04-15 16:30:58: ERROR[Main]: ----
2020-04-15 16:30:58: ERROR[Main]: "Invalid block data in database"
2020-04-15 16:30:58: ERROR[Main]: See debug.txt.
2020-04-15 16:30:58: ERROR[Main]: You can ignore this using [ignore_world_load_errors = true].

nelkat

by nelkat » Post

Hi,

I've recently created a private server for a friend and his kids with MineClone2, as they are used to play MC and they're loving it :-)

After a few days there are too many mobs in the map, both animals and enemies. With the mob cap introduced in the latest release, is there any "simple" or "easy" way to reset the mobs? I read somewhere that the /clearobjects can be used to do this, but it will also remove other things that I may not want to remove. Maybe detele them from the map database?

Also, and I think it's related to the high number of mobs, is this normal behaviour for endermen?

We haven't ventured more than a 300 block radius yet, and we've also encountered a few zombie pigmen. Shouldn't they spawn on the Nether or near a Nether portal instead?

Thanks.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

It seems you need to manually fix the large chest by digging it and placing it again. You also seem to use mods … I can sadly not give any guarantees or support for 3rd party mods, sorry. The error says you should look into debug.txt. So yeah, maybe do that.

To delete all mobs, do /clearobjects full. It will take a while. Yes, it will delete ALL objects, not only mobs. Like sign text, banners, etc. But don't worry about this. I have made it so that these entities will respawn once the mapchunk is re-loaded (which happens e.g. after server restart).

I have never had zombie pigman spawn in the Overworld (except from portals). Weird.

hajo

by hajo » Post

Codesound wrote:Minetest 5.2, Mineclone 2 0.63.0
I tried your beautiful Mineclone 2 .. I don't find apples tree
Apples appear when oak-leaves decay, but only rarely.

I wrote about the Differences between MTG and MC2 on the wiki:
https://wiki.minetest.net/Games/MineClo ... etest_Game

nelkat

by nelkat » Post

Wuzzy wrote:To delete all mobs, do /clearobjects full. It will take a while. Yes, it will delete ALL objects, not only mobs. Like sign text, banners, etc. But don't worry about this. I have made it so that these entities will respawn once the mapchunk is re-loaded (which happens e.g. after server restart).
Ok, I'll try it on a backup server first, just in case. :-)

Objects in chests and inventory should be safe, shouldn't they?
I have never had zombie pigman spawn in the Overworld (except from portals). Weird.
This happened with version 0.63.0. I'll keep an eye open to see if it still happens with 0.64.0.