[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

tuxayo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.79.0]

by tuxayo » Post

corasTenthTry wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 09:50
How is the merged PR list less readable than the exact same list of PR titles posted to the forum ? I don't get it.

A lot of that stuff isn't interesting to non-devs at all which is why i'm doing the new feature (short-) lists in the first place but the question was to get a more complete list.
There is a misunderstanding, I didn't meant having a more complete list. Just the same stuff as the 1st part of release posts. But all in the same place. When having missed several versions or wanting to search in many past versions.

The 1st part of the release posts has nicer titles and less items than the Long list/merged PR list. And the merged PR list isn't grouped by release.

ShadMOrdre

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.80.1]

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Hello,

I would like to enable built in support for Mineclone to my mg_earth mod. I think your players would enjoy the features.

What I would need specifically is a complete biome definition, with values for every field where a node name is referenced. The numeric values are irrelevant.

Also, as a matter of stability, and cross compatibility, I would strongly recommend to you revisit biome definitions, and just ensure that each field has a default value. Relying on the mapgen to provide stone, dirt or water complicates things for other mods.

If you have any questions, let me know, and I'll provide more detail if needed.

Thank you.

Shad

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

by corasTenthTry » Post

I'm planning to clean up the biome definitions some time soonish in the meantime its all in MAPGEN/mcl_biomes/init.lua including most ores and decorations .... It's a fairly long and messy file.

elized

by elized » Post

Encountered a crash.

Went to creative mode and spawned a bunch of parrots. It happens even with 1 parrot sometimes.

Code: Select all

AsyncErr: Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:4502: attempt to index local 'self_rot' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...minetest/games/mineclone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:4502: in function 'on_step_old'
	...mes/mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:24: in function <...mes/mineclone2/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:23>

elized

by elized » Post

Found another bug.

Went in creative, spawned a non-oak boat and exited Minetest. Any kind of boat reverts to an oak boat after logging in.

Another boat related bug.

Went in creative, spawned a chest boat (e.g. oak chest boat) and exited Minetest. After coming back into the game, an error that says "Could not load image" (e.g. mcl_boats_texture_oak_chest_boat.png) appears and the chest boat's texture gets bugged except for the chest. The error message disappears after I copy mcl_boats_texture_oak_boat.png and rename the copy as mcl_boats_texture_oak_chest_boat.png.

Also a suggestion.

Please make the Ruined Nether Portal structure and the Pillager Outpost less common. I find them too often by just walking around. They're supposed to be rare. I see them more often that the Shipwreck. I feel as if you guys adjusted the rarity of the shipwreck but forgot to adjust the other two.

elized

by elized » Post

Omg I was messing around with the chunk_probability in the MAPGEN of ruined_portal.lua and pillager_outpost.lua doubling them to no avail but then as a last attempt of just adding 100 to both all those double ruined portals that I very often keep running into are all gone. I haven't even seen a either one of these since after this change. I haven't properly tested this but as long as I don't ruin the server's economy by just running around collecting gold blocks at every ruined portal pitstop/convenience store I'll be happy lol.

Please add 100 to the chunk_probability of ruined_portal.lua and pillager_outpost.lua

Here's my changes:

/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_structures/ruined_portal.lua (line 19)
chunk_probability = 900,

/mods/MAPGEN/mcl_structures/pillager_outpost.lua (line 16)
chunk_probability = 700,

EDIT:

After testing a bit on a new map (seed = Elized) which at spawn conveniently has 3 Pillager outpost and 1 Ruined Portal + 2 more ruined portals near one another on the clay area a just few walks away on the default setting, I managed to reduce them to 1 Pillager outpost + 1 ruined portal near spawn and the portals on the clay area at least is not as near each other too much.

Overall, I say that there's something wrong about the spawning chance of these structures that even though I cranked up the numbers 3x higher, the portals and outposts still is too common for a supposed rare structure. Adding 100 to the chunk_probability helps only a tiny amount, but I'd say from my tests it's better than nothing I suppose.

elized

by elized » Post

After trying to recreate my tests earlier to attempt to give more concrete data I find out that the Pillager Outposts isn't at spawn on the default setting. I must have mistook my earlier crazy experiments cranking up the chunk_probability as default. Either way the consecutive Ruined Portals were there so I could still prove that the portals are very common with my data.

Here are the coordinates of Ruined Portals near spawn at a new world/map with seed "Elized" (no quotes):

8.2, 31.5, 49.2
-86.5, 36.8, -40.8

3.9, 5.5, 433.7
29.3, 5.5, 543.0

-288.8, 5.5, 292.5
-436.9, 47.5, 317.1

578.2, 36.5, 1130.0

As you can see, almost every portal in the vicinity of the spawn island is doubled or can be seen within render distance of one another.

And here are the coordinates after I add 100 to the chunk_probability of ruined_portal.lua and pillager_outpost.lua: (PO and PO2 means it's a Pillager Outpost with 2 meaning the 2nd schematic)

39.2, 33.5, -13.7
[PO]32.0, 34.5, 163.3
[PO2]-101.0, 22.5, -162.1
-84.3, 35.5, 97.5
-267.1, 4.5, -290.1
-451.0, 12.5, -187.9

-555.9, 45.5, 405.1

-182.7, 3.5, 304.2

The first bunch of structures can be traversed from one render distance to the other.

Conclusion, changing the chunk_probability only changes the distribution of the structures and not the rarity. It just mixes the structures around. There needs to be a setting that makes sure that no other structure of the same kind can spawn within x distance from one another to achieve rarity.

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

Thanks elized for the details reports. Can you open tickets here?: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2/issues
So it's possible track the issues individually and not mix up the messages between all issues and the rest here.

Cheers,

--
Just some MineClone user

elized

by elized » Post

tuxayo wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 23:02
Thanks elized for the details reports. Can you open tickets here?: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/MineClone2/issues
So it's possible track the issues individually and not mix up the messages between all issues and the rest here.

Cheers,

--
Just some MineClone user

https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/3004

Going there was a mistake. I regret wasting my time there.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

elized wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 07:00
See response on mesehub... noone said you're wrong. I simply said i'd rather have these too common than too rare. And particularly if they're rare it takes time to make sure they aren't *too* rare (as in they still do spawn).

As I said if they annoy you so much you can simply disable them – or yeah hack in some different distribution parameters, if that works out for you that's nice. But I told you there's a reason we're not using noise for most of them. And there's a difference betweenit working "good enough" for you and to try to make sure it works good enough every time ( the latter costing a lot more time). And no offense, but you have jumped to conclusions in another issue before.

Tl;dr i'm happy if it works for you that way but that doesn't automatically make it a good fix for everyone.

corasTenthTry

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.81.0]

by corasTenthTry » Post

New devs: Faerraven, Ancientmarinerdev
New contributors: TheOnlyJoeEnderman, anarquimico, Ranko_Saotome
  • mcl_signs rewrite: all wood signs, colored text (Faerraven)
  • Villager schedule implemented, villager fixes (ancientmarinerdev)
  • Nether terrain generation improved for a lot more open space (cora)
  • Nether bulwark (mini-bastion) added (cora)
  • Nether bridge fragment (cora)
  • Striders (epCode,kay27,cora)
  • Wither rose (cora)
  • Sweet berries (kay27,PrairieWind,cora)
  • Events api (cora)
  • Raids (PrairieWind)
  • Skeletons stay at distance and strafe when in combat (epCode)
  • Many small improvements on mob behavior (epCode)
  • Axolotl (TheOnlyJoeEnderman)
  • itemframes api, glow itemframes (Faerraven/Michieal)
  • Mobs can wear armor now (epCode)
  • Added setting to disable hunger (cora)
  • Added setting for mob movement range (cora)
  • Crimson and warped doors and trapdoors added (cora)
  • mcl_itemframes rewrite, glow itemframes (Faerraven)
  • Mason villager profession (anarquimico)
  • Ocean temple (cora)
  • Hopper Minecarts (ancientmarinerdev)
  • Hopper work with composters (anarquimico)
  • Nether plants can be put in flowerpot (3raven)
  • Mycelium townaura particles (epCode)
  • Chest and shulkerbox selectionboxes fixed (epCode)
  • Lightning rod improvements (AFCMS)
  • Some missing crafting recipes for crimson wood added (PrairieWind)
  • Custom crimson and warped door and trapdoor textures added (Nicu)
  • Beehives and honey added (PrairieWind)
  • Hoppers work with hopper minecarts and chest minecarts now (anarquimico,ancientmarinerdev)
  • Itemframes recover from /clearobjects now (Faerraven)
  • Added colors.txt for minetestmapmaker to the game (Ranko Saotome)
  • Fixes and Cleanups (MrRar, AFCMS, cora)

Note for texture pack developers: We're going to change the cocoa pods to use meshes instead of a nodebox which will sadly require a change in texture packs - this is however being done to better support (non standard size) texture packs. Similar things might be done with other nodeboxes in the future.

Note for Mapgen v6 users
    : Starting with 0.82 it mapgen v6 will be removed from the "create world" dialog. v6 support in the game might eventually be discontinued as well. If you use v6 please contact us – just so we know if there are even any v6 users (support isn't great as is because v6 does not support the biome api).

Long list:
    Spoiler
    'Final fixes for 0.81' (#3027)
    'Player location using mcl_info' (#3022)
    'Fish buckets save and restore object properties in item entity' (#3013)
    'Event api, Raids, Zombie sieges' (#2833)
    'Fix pressure plates getting pressed by new chest size' (#3019)
    'Nether Plank Fixes' (#3023)
    'Fix axolotl breeding' (#3007)
    'Fix Baby Striders being extra small' (#3010)
    'Remove tools/remove_end.py' (#3000)
    'Axolotl' (#2870)
    'Grass Block Underside Fix' (#2987)
    'update .gitignore' (#2994)
    'Make waterlogged roots more water looking' (#2992)
    'Fix lightning boat crash' (#2990)
    'Updated colors.txt' (#2986)
    '`mcl_tnt` fixes' (#2937)
    'mcl_enchanting: Add missing dependency on mcl_experience.' (#2984)
    'Respawn Anchor Top Animation' (#2981)
    'signs_crafting_fix' (#2980)
    'Make Raw Copper (Block) smeltable in the blast furnace' (#2978)
    'Make kelp cookable in the smoker' (#2979)
    'Base mcl_skins templates off old PP skins' (#2977)
    'Sweet berries: Add rightclick harvesting' (#2971)
    'Hoppers pulling from chest minecart' (#2954)
    'Add missing EndBarrens biome definition' (#2970)
    'Make Steve hair unlike MC' (#2963)
    'Honey and Beehives' (#2911)
    'fix frames and signs to reset after /clearobjects' (#2919)
    'Allow villagers to resettle and not run back to job and and old bed' (#2967)
    'Fix the Pumpkin/Melon grass position.' (#2973)
    'Fix crash when trying to place meshhand' (#2934)
    'better water visuals' (#2960)
    'Turn villagers to zombie villagers when killed by zombies half the time' (#2962)
    'Add colors.txt file to tools/' (#2953)
    'Fix crash when new player rightclicks a bed' (#2958)
    'Fix crash when rightclicking parrot' (#2965)
    'Fix creative mode inventory search crash' (#2956)
    'Add ocean temple' (#2907)
    'Fix a couple issues in mcl_structures' (#2940)
    'Fix undeclared global variable in mcl_playerplus' (#2950)
    'Who doesn't love hopper minecarts?' (#2941)
    'add mycelium townaura particles' (#2946)
    'fix all chests size with selectionbox/collisionbox' (#2944)
    'Pot nether roots and fungi' (#2945)
    'Integrate hoppers with composter' (#2917)
    'Villagers will now claim more than red beds. Villagers don't steal players beds.' (#2924)
    'mcl_playerplus fixes' (#2906)
    'Check object on mob (lightning) tranformation' (#2918)
    'Lightning Rod Fixes' (#2838)
    'Fix random-interval crash when not using luajit' (#2928)
    'Fix insta-digging crash when punching stairs.' (#2926)
    'Better fix for creative digging drops, and fix the itemframes LBM.' (#2915)
    'Add mason profession for villagers' (#2910)
    'Add Missing Crafting Recipes to Warped and Crimson Doors' (#2908)
    'Add crimson and warped doors, trapdoors and fences' (#2901)
    'mcl_itemframes_rewrite' (#2897)
    'Add second pillager outpost schematic' (#2905)
    'Mob lightning transformation / fix on_lightning_strike api' (#2904)
    'Villager tries to get closest bed and jobsite. Villager will wait if failed to path recently' (#2898)
    'Add setting for mob-movement stop range' (#2896)
    'Add a setting to disable hunger' (#2895)
    'Fix frequent ABM warning when lots of lava is in active block range' (#2894)
    'Signs fixes' (#2899)
    'Fix axolotl model' (#1)
    'Villagers gather at lunch time, reset trade when they get to work.' (#2873)
    'Playable nether' (#2836)
    'Fix buckets on Android and open gate with bucket' (#2882)
    'Fix mobs flopping for the first second when in thier own element' (#2889)
    'Uncommenting yaw change on go to pos. Breaks pathfinding.' (#2888)
    'Fix crash related to awards' (#2884)
    'Fix warning in mcl_dye' (#2881)
    'dogshoot_enhancments/mob_fire_mechs' (#2872)
    'Don't spawn multiple mobs at the same position' (#2867)
    'Grand mapgen cleanup 3 - end portal to structure api' (#2849)
    'Remove potentially copyrighted music track and replace by cc music' (#2874)
    'Mob animation/head/jumping improvments/fixes' (#2865)
    'Add sweet berries from mcl5' (#2842)
    'Villagers will now path through doors. Villagers don't stand around whne not working.' (#2864)
    'Make `mcl_dripping` API public + fix code style' (#2861)
    'make mob constant for velocity rotate with mob.' (#2855)
    'fix cave spiders not the correct size/eyes being damagable' (#2856)
    'Set signs debug output to default to false' (#2848)
    'Villagers - Work, sleep and wander. Check and claim beds etc.' (#2816)
    'undelcared global yaw in mob api fix' (#2840)
    'MineClone2 Signs Rewrite - move from GitHub to MeseHub' (#2822)
    'Add missing texture for zombie horse' (#2829)
    'mcl_attached fixes' (#2831)
    'mcl_explosions fixes' (#2830)
    'Remove unnecessary media files from mcl_chests' (#2813)
    'version -> 0.81 indev' (#2837)

Michieal
GitHub: Michieal

by Michieal » Post

elized wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 07:00

https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/3004

Sorry that you feel that way, but 2-3 seeds out of billions is simply not enough to demand sweeping changes that will affect everyone, even if it "feels" like you are right. And, I can tell you for a fact that I have had seeds where I never even saw an outpost nor ruined portal.

Though, as stated, we are working on the infrastructure to do larger scale datasets to see how changes to the map generation will affect the game as a whole.

elized

by elized » Post

Why are you all making me seem like I was angry demanding you change things to what I want? Does this message sound anything like that:
Oh don't worry, I will be using my custom settings regardless anyways.

I'm not here to put pressure on you devs to change stuff since I can do it on my own. I just put all my findings and reasonings here for you to make what you will of it.

Also since I'm curious as to the reasoning behind opposing my methods since it is a valuable reference when implementing my own and I've come to the conclusion that so far there are no counterpoints that outweighs my personal use as an end user since I have no use for any dev stuff such as making sure of the accuracy and reproducibility of the terrain and structures.
Is this your way of PR damage control or something?

Let me make this clear, I draw the line if you make the argument about me (ad hominem) instead of giving counterpoints to the argument itself.

I never demanded that you must change things because like I said I can change them on my own. This twisting of narrative to paint me in a negative light really is a low blow.

I'm so disgusted I don't wanna be here anymore so I'm out of this convo don't talk to me anymore.

PrairieWind
GitHub: PrairieAstronomer
IRC: PrairieWind
In-game: PrairieWind

by PrairieWind » Post

You should have seen the time when you only had to walk around 80 nodes from a portal just to find another portal, they were super common back then. I actually enjoyed the commonness of the portals because of the free obsidian, flint, and gold.

KiloCow

by KiloCow » Post

Hi there, how do I deactivate certain items like TNT or lava in creative mode? I've tried both enable_tnt = false and enable_fire = false in minetest.conf but with no effect.

Michieal

by Michieal » Post

elized wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 16:37
Why are you all making me seem like I was angry demanding you change things to what I want? Does this message sound anything like that:

Let me make this clear, I draw the line if you make the argument about me (ad hominem) instead of giving counterpoints to the argument itself.

I never demanded that you must change things because like I said I can change them on my own. This twisting of narrative to paint me in a negative light really is a low blow.

I'm so disgusted I don't wanna be here anymore so I'm out of this convo don't talk to me anymore.
1) No one made ad hominem attacks against you. All points were counter arguments, that you took personally.

2) No one is twisting what was there. And, it's there for everyone to clearly see. So yeah, no. this isn't a damage control thing.

I am many things, but that one I did not do... and I seriously object to you spreading this bs everywhere.

3) good for you. have a nice day!
Last edited by Michieal on Tue Nov 29, 2022 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Michieal

by Michieal » Post

KiloCow wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 19:04
Hi there, how do I deactivate certain items like TNT or lava in creative mode? I've tried both enable_tnt = false and enable_fire = false in minetest.conf but with no effect.
did you try in the settingstype.txt? that's where the settings get stored. Or, you can open "All Settings" and go to games, Mineclone 2, and change the settings in there.

Lastly, you can look for the add to creative inventory in the code, and put a:
if false then
(the code to remove goes here)
end

wrapping the parts that you would like to remove. (Only recommended as a last resort option.)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

KiloCow wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 19:04
There are two relevant settings for this, enable_fire, which will still not remove it from the creative inventory, just make it not burn stuff (but still do damage to entities):

# Fire spreads and flammable blocks might be destroyed by nearby fire.
# Destructive fire may cause severe destruction.
# Fire blocks will be non-destructive and stops spreading when this
# setting is disabled, but they still deal damage to creatures.
enable_fire (Destructive and spreading fire) bool true
and mcl_tnt_griefing, which will also not remove tnt from the creative inventory, but will make it so TNT doesn't destroy blocks:

# If enabled, TNT explosions destroy blocks.
mcl_tnt_griefing (TNT destroys blocks) bool true
If neither of those are sufficient, you will have to write a mod. Mineclone is a very modular game, and Minetest lets you replace game mods with custom mods installed in the mods directory. So you can make a copy of the files in mineclone2/mods/ITEMS/mcl_tnt/ and change the item groups of TNT to hide it from the creative inventory if you really need (add the group not_in_creative_inventory). You can do the same with mods/ITEMS/mcl_fire. You can also remove those nodes entirely, basically whatever you want once you have an 'override' copy of the mod installed.

Another approach is to use overrides, so you can make a mod that depends on the base mod and overrides item definitions, and keep the main mcl mods so you don't have to update them to match what's in the game when the game updates. So the mod.conf would look like this:

name = mcl_items_hide
depends = mcl_tnt, mcl_fire
and the code would be like this:

local tntdef = minetest.registered_nodes["mcl_tnt:tnt"]
local groups = tntdef.groups
groups.not_in_creative_inventory = 1
minetest.override_item("mcl_tnt:tnt", {
	groups = groups
})

... -- Similarly for mcl_fire:fire
Actually I could make a mod where you can configure it to hide any node/item/tool from the creative inventory, and it would be game-agnostic too. Let me know if you want that.

To delete an item you can use minetest.unregister_item instead of the override. I could make both the hiding and deletion features of the same mod..
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

KiloCow

by KiloCow » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 03:04
Actually I could make a mod where you can configure it to hide any node/item/tool from the creative inventory, and it would be game-agnostic too. Let me know if you want that.

To delete an item you can use minetest.unregister_item instead of the override. I could make both the hiding and deletion features of the same mod..
That would be great! I'm not a coder so I'd appreciate the help.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

KiloCow wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 08:23
Blockhead wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 03:04

That would be great! I'm not a coder so I'd appreciate the help.
Here you go: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28918&p=418429

Back on topic: How do Mineclone server operators handle anti-griefing? Things like spill privileges for buckets, height limit for TNT? Have you written this yourselves, maybe adapted stuff that was originally written for Minetest Game?
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Chris

by Chris » Post

It seems, that the quest, where the player must drive 1000 m with a minecart, doesn't work. To fix this, you can change the code like follows: (file mods/ENTITIES/mcl_minecarts/init.lua)

- Give achievement when player reached a distance of 1000 nodes from the start position
        if self._driver and (vector.distance(self._start_pos, pos) >= 1000) then
            awards.unlock(player:get_player_name(), "mcl:onARail")
        end

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

elized wrote:
Why are you all making me seem like I was angry demanding you change things to what I want?
outsider POV: Maybe it's a language barrier thing but your message « Going there was a mistake. I regret wasting my time there.» was the thing that gave me the impression that you mention above.

And the two answers you got after that didn't give that impression.
elized wrote:
Same, the two answers here are actually discussing the proposal, not you.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

Hey everyone,
i'm sad to announce I have left MineClone2 development, probably for good. I'm not going to go into the reason here, but it has been a very nice time for the most part.

I will miss all of you

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

corasTenthTry wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:58
Hey everyone,
i'm sad to announce I have left MineClone2 development, probably for good. I'm not going to go into the reason here, but it has been a very nice time for the most part.

I will miss all of you
It's sad. Your work was really important and it is sad to hear that you leave. Anyways, I respect your decision: if you left MineClone 2 development you probably have a huge reasoning behind it.

Thanks for everything you done to my projects and MineClone 2.
My english isn't so good, sorry. || You can check out my mods here (and maps here)

Hello_death
GitHub: Hello-death
IRC: Hello-death
In-game: riptiderazor

by Hello_death » Post

hello all. i just wanted to report that the wither can be killed in one crit hit with a netherite axe.
PLease fix mcl5 tridents :,,(