[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Version 0.42.0 is out!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.42.0 is out! Just a small update.

Changelog:
  • Fix snow golem's head texture (thanks to MysticTempest)
  • Make player sit in minecarts instead of standing (thanks to MysticTempest)
  • Add mob sounds for ocelot, cat, skeleton, wither skeleton, horse, skeleton horse, bat, vex, creeper, cow
  • Play sound when ghast shoots a fireball and a mob shoots an arrow

zm78
GitHub: zander999
IRC: [none]
In-game: zm78

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.42.0]

by zm78 » Post

I got the game a while ago, just noticed some bugs n' stuff.

Code: Select all

Bugs(might be on the to-do list.):
1. The Nether and the End have not been generating at all since 0.42.0
2. Nether portals have not been spawning in a nether cave, but in the netherrack or floating(Intentional?)
3. Tamed wolves will not follow you, they seem to "wander off" then teleport to you
4. Tamed wolves do not have a sitting animation

Suggestions(might be on the to-do list.):
1. make the player and mobs catch fire when in fire or lava
2. add elytras(tools that let you glide, press space to open them)
3. make the player's and mob's heads move separate from their body's(Playeranim by Rui?)
4. add fireworks?
That's all!

zm78

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I cannot find evidence for the lack of End and Nether. They still generate just fine for me. Is this a problem in new worlds, too? Does this happen in all worlds types? Do you add mods?

Nether portal generation is not really smart so far, sorry.
Wolves are also not perfect yet and just need more work.
As the suggestions are all MC gameplay features in MC 1.11, they are automatically on the TODO list.

zm78

by zm78 » Post

Oops, sorry
Just tried it without mods and the end/nether worked just fine,
probably modded my version past it's limits...

Bye, zm78

zasnool

by zasnool » Post

I have a few question about this game. I am very new to minetest, I have only played for a couple of days. I enjoy this mineclone 2 game very much, and I like some of the minetest default features and other mods from this forum also.
Is there an option to disable some of the mods that are included in this(mineclone 2) subgame? For example, I want to disable water that flows from random holes in the mountains, because sometimes it creates massive floods. And replace the inventory with the default minetest inventory.

Edit:
I also need to know how to make the grass behave like in the Mineclone 2 subgame, so that it doesn't take too much hits to destroy it. And in the default minetest game, the tree trunks are dug into the ground 1 block deep, which doesn't seem to happen in this subgame, how do I change that?

I hope it is not to much trouble.

zm78

by zm78 » Post

zasnool wrote: I also need to know how to make the grass behave like in the Mineclone 2 subgame, so that it doesn't take too much hits to destroy it. And in the default minetest game, --Snip--
for the grass you need to add the "oddly_breakable_by_hand = 1" group, like this

minetest.override_item("default:grass_1", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:grass_2", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:grass_3", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:grass_4", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:grass_5", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})

minetest.override_item("default:dry_grass_1", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:dry_grass_2", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:dry_grass_3", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:dry_grass_4", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
minetest.override_item("default:dry_grass_5", {groups = { oddly_brakable_by_hand=1}})
or use a small folder I made for default game(not tested):
grass_break_instant.zip
instant grass break code
(769 Bytes) Downloaded 57 times
bye, zm78

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

This small mod made all grasses except for jungle grass indestructible. I tested it with no other mods.
What is SCP-055?

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

Of course. It's called "break" and not "brak". If you override the groups and ignore the old groups, you will do more than you want to.
First get the node definitions group table, then set the tables dig_immediate to 3, then override the node setting groups to the modified table.
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

minerdudetest

by minerdudetest » Post

@Wuzzy I am starting to work on the MCL2-compatible/ported mods, as promised. Here is the link. Your input and critique are extremely welcome!

werdanith
GitHub: werdanith
IRC: werdanith

by werdanith » Post

Hello, I'd like to thank you for your great work on the project, and point out an issue I noticed.
In the last release I was expecting zombie idle sounds to be added, given that my zombies were silent. Turns out no sounds were added because they're supposedly already there. I looked into the credits file and saw an idle sound credited, but the actual file is missing. In my server I downloaded the file, tweaked it a little in audacity and it works fine. Was the file left out intentionally, or accidentally?

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Hum-hum-hum... *COUGH*
....villages, villagers...
*COUGH COUGH*
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

zm78

by zm78 » Post

Hello, I think I may have ran into a bug, Just noticed that the Villagers sometimes have a chance of crashing the server when you open their trading dialogue, I get this error message:

2018-10-23 07:23:51: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'mobs_mc' in callback luaentity_Rightclick(): ...test/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:405: attempt to index local 'trade' (a nil value)
2018-10-23 07:23:51: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-10-23 07:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	...test/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:405: in function 'init_trades'
2018-10-23 07:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	...test/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/villager.lua:962: in function 'on_rightclick'
2018-10-23 07:23:51: ERROR[Main]: 	...minetest/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:2930: in function <...minetest/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api.lua:2927>
Bye, zm78

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

by Chem871 » Post

Is it possible to have MC's food eating animation implemented?
What is SCP-055?

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Chem871 wrote:Is it possible to have MC's food eating animation implemented?
Not yet
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Wuzzy

Version 0.42.1 released!

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.42.1 released! Changelog:
  • Fix when opening the trading menu (via rightclick) of a villager of type “cleric” if playing in a world not generated by the v6 map generator
Thanks to zm78 for reporting this critical bug!

Note if you have clerics walking around from before this update, they might still crash your game because this update might not fix old clerics (only newly spawned ones).
Either kill them or use the /clearobjects command in chat.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Tue Oct 23, 2018 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.42.1]

by Wuzzy » Post

Is there an option to disable some of the mods that are included in this(mineclone 2) subgame?
No. Not without editing MineClone 2 itself, that is.
For example, I want to disable water that flows from random holes in the mountains, because sometimes it creates massive floods.
These are called “springs” and are a special mapgen feature I have added. This is not editable by a setting, sorry. I could add a setting to disable water and lava springs, but I did not bother to do so yet.

For coders: The mapgen code for springs is in the game mod mcl_mapgen_core.
And replace the inventory with the default minetest inventory.
This is not trivially possible and would require a gameplay change. The default Minetest inventory has 4×8 slots, while MineClone 2 has 4×9 slots. Changing the inventory size is out of question.
Apart from the gameplay change, the inventory needs a complete rewrite for this to work and is definitely not trivial. The hard part is not actually getting the default inventory back, but also rewriting the creative inventory.

For coders: The mod “mcl_inventory” is the mod that adds the MineClone 2 inventory. If you want to change how the inventory works, you need to look here.
I also need to know how to make the grass behave like in the Mineclone 2 subgame, so that it doesn't take too much hits to destroy it. And in the default minetest game, the tree trunks are dug into the ground 1 block deep, which doesn't seem to happen in this subgame, how do I change that?
Tall grass in MineClone 2 is mined instantly. To make any node being broken instantly by any tool (including hand), add the group dig_immediate = 3 to the node definition. This group is a so-called special group and works in all games. Do not use oddly_breakable_by_hand as other people suggestes, this is wrong as MCL2 does not recognize this groups.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

As I wrote in previous posts, I like very much ambience of MC2. And I'd like to try some survival play with it. I know that you aim to re-create original Minecraft features as well as possible, but what do you think about making it slightly better, at least in some survival aspects of gameplay? I mean when I see these wolves and bears walking calmly past me showing annoying indifference to the player's character I just can't "suspend my disbelief" and get immersed in the game. It would be greatly engaging if the predatory animals posed some real danger to the player. I would say that as they are now they are counter-productive in that aspect because they bring strong feeling of triviality and artificiality into these otherwise brilliant and interesting, exploarble worlds.

I remember when I saw for the first time a pair of wolves attacking and killing a sheep in MC. It was kind of little shock to me when I suddenly realized that this game wasn't as innocent as its appearances seemed to suggest. I think you should consider employing these animals as a significant gameplay feature and force players into more energetic style of gaming :)
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Well … Let's say that mobs generally still suck and need a lot of work. I don't want to think about this at the moment. Maybe later. No idea when. I will only say one thing about polar bears: Well, it's not only about atmosphere but also difficulty.

I agree that religiously cloning Minecraft is not a good idea, and I have learned that lesson. Since there are some MC things which are not so good after all.
So I welcome small suggestions if they don't deviate from the original to much. MineClone 2 is still aiming to be a clone, but not a perfect one. Now, I aim for it to be more an imitation of Minecraft. My doctrine with MCL2 right now is that I reject features and gameplay rules in MC if I think they are stupid and apply small tweaks to gameplay, if they fit. But the end result must be still a good game in itself.

By the way, as for Minecraft 1.13, if someone feels the need for adding all these underwater features, creating the required textures and sending them to me surely will speed up this process a lot. Note I will probably only add simple or decorative blocks from MC 1.13 and other things which I can quickly implement, as a starting point.

zm78

by zm78 » Post

Hello, Noticed somewhere on this page "ambience" was mentioned,
I gave a ambience modpack a go and I "Think" I have it all ready to go!
Notice: the mod has not been tested!
Notice: it Does still have MC sounds i used as placeholders, feel free to change that!
Download Link: https://github.com/zander999/AMBIENCE/a ... master.zip
Browse Code: https://github.com/zander999/AMBIENCE

PS: I'd love to do some of the blocks and textures for the 1.13 update(MC update) and hopefully get them done before summer is over!

Bye, zm78

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Hey Wuzzy.
I'm seeing some of my texture (Some have been modified) But what I'm not seeing is my credit.
Here by I request that I get my credit, Thanks in advance.

zm78

by zm78 » Post

Hello, just gave adding a "absorbtion" effect for the gold apple(TODO: make it so it doesn't have infinite time for the effect), Gold Apple Code:

-- TODO: Status effects(regeneration/better absorbtion)
minetest.register_craftitem("mcl_core:apple_gold", {
	description = core.colorize("#55FFFF", "Golden Apple"),
	_doc_items_longdesc = "Golden apples are precious food items which can be eaten.",
	wield_image = "mcl_core_apple_golden.png",
	inventory_image = "mcl_core_apple_golden.png",
	stack_max = 64,
	on_place =
	minetest.item_eat(4)
	user:set_attribute("goldhp", 4)
	local sh = user:get_attribute("goldhp") or 0
	user:hud_change(goldheart, "number", sh)
		return itemstack
	end, true
	on_secondary_use =
	minetest.item_eat(4)
	user:set_attribute("goldhp", 4)
	local sh = user:get_attribute("goldhp") or 0
	user:hud_change(goldheart, "number", sh)
		return itemstack
	end, true
	groups = { food = 2, eatable = 4, can_eat_when_full = 1 },
	_mcl_saturation = 2.4,
})

minetest.register_on_player_hpchange(function(player, hp_change)
	if hp_change <= -1 then
		atrshield = player:get_attribute("goldhp")
		if atrshield ~= nil then
			dmgshield = tonumber(atrshield)
			if  hp_change >= (-1 * dmgshield) then
				player:set_attribute("goldhp", dmgshield + hp_change)
				local sh = player:get_attribute("goldheart") or 0
				player:hud_change(shl, "number", sh)
				hp_change = 0
				minetest.sound_play("player_damage",{player:get_player_name()})
			else
				atrshield = player:get_attribute("goldhp")
				dmgshield = tonumber(atrshield)
				hp_change = hp_change + dmgshield
				player:set_attribute("goldhp", 0)
				local sh = player:get_attribute("goldhp") or 0
				player:hud_change(shl, "number", sh)
			end
		end
	end
	return hp_change
end, true)
And the texture for the golden hearts:
mcl_core_goldheart.png
mcl_core_goldheart.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Bye, zm78

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I'm seeing some of my texture (Some have been modified) But what I'm not seeing is my credit.
It's a long time since I last touched the textures, so I can't remember that stuff, sorry.
Please tell me exactly which files/textures you request to be credited, then I will fix this ASAP.

@zm78: Thanks for your time, but I don't think your code is useful. Your code has syntax errors, is imcomplete and does not define the variables “shl” and “goldheart”. In this form, I don't like to add this code. Sorry.
Also, I like to implement status effects properly, not just partially. What I really want is a generic status effect API before I add real status effects.
The only exception for now is food poisoning, but this will be replaced when real status effects work.

Punk

by Punk » Post

I saw many horses on the top of the trees. It's a very stranger fruit...

What is the command to clear the mobs in the area? I forgot it.

Thanks!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Punk wrote:I saw many horses on the top of the trees. It's a very stranger fruit...

What is the command to clear the mobs in the area? I forgot it.

Thanks!
I use /clearobjects quick to remove nearby entities
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Punk

by Punk » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote: I use /clearobjects quick to remove nearby entities
Thank you! I hadn't realized that this command erase the content of the signs.