Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.42.1]

by Termos » Post

jakab wrote:yeah i had to deal with the horse army too :D
here how i fixed it:
/minetest/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/horse.lua
go to the bottom, and youll find this :
--Spawn Function

Code: Select all

mobs:spawn_specific("mobs_mc:horse", mobs_mc.spawn.grassland_savanna, {"air"}, 0, minetest.LIGHT_MAX+1, 30, 15000, 12, mobs_mc.spawn_height.water+3, mobs_mc.spawn_height.overworld_max)

and rewrite the number '15000" (or other huge number in that area ...) and write in a a higher number. that will decrase the chance to spawn horses (this works with any mobs) i personally wrote "35000" :D
I don't think the chance parameter is very relevant, even if you decrease the chance you'll still get same results, just maybe a bit later.
I think this problem is because of a number of reasons:
- despawning is off
- mobs roaming randomly have trouble moving uphill, so they eventually end up in water.
- the code to get mobs out of water doesn't work.

This also causes the number of entities to eventually get to the point where the engine can't handle them.

To get the game to be playable again I did the following:

in games\MineClone2-037a833\mods\ENTITIES\mcl_mobs\api.lua
change
local remove_far = false
to
local remove_far = true

This takes care of the monsters, to get horses to despawn I added in in \mobs_mc\horse.lua:
local horse = {
type = "animal",
can_despawn = true,

If you want all animals despawning, it's probably better to edit the mobs:register_mob function in api.lua,
changing
can_despawn = false
to
can_despawn = true

As to getting out of the water, my theory is that find_node_near doesn't necessarily return a surface node (and nowhere it says it's supposed to), so a swimming mob looking for a solid node will usually find one in any random direction. It might be better if they were trying to avoid getting near water in the first place.

Chem871
GitHub: Chemguy99
In-game: Chem Nyx

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.43.0]

by Chem871 » Post

Golden Leggings have the name 'Golden Leggins', and any time I mine wood, even with my bare hand, it sounds like I'm using an axe.
What is SCP-055?

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Chem871 wrote:Golden Leggings have the name 'Golden Leggins', and any time I mine wood, even with my bare hand, it sounds like I'm using an axe.
I d'no what yer gettin' yerself all worked up about with the leggin's, and the sound thayng is the saym as Minecrayft.
May God be with you, always.

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

You are doing such a good job
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Termos

by Termos » Post

Anyone annoyed by water trampolining mobs?
A little quick fix I'm using, in entities\mcl_mobs\api.lua, function 'falling'

-- in water then float up
	if minetest.registered_nodes[node_ok(pos).name].groups.water then

if self.floats == 1 then
			-- get top of the hitbox
			local pos_top = {x=pos.x, y=pos.y+self.collisionbox[5], z=pos.z}		-- top of the head			
			local pos_mid = {x=pos.x, y=pos.y+(self.collisionbox[5]*0.5), z=pos.z} 	-- part sticks above surface
			local yacc = 0

if node_ok(pos_top).name == "air" then		-- it is partially submerged
				if node_ok(pos_mid).name == "air" then	-- but not enough to float 
					yacc = (v.y + 0.5) * -1 * 3				-- target sink velocity is 0.5
				else									-- now it is
					yacc= v.y * -1							-- equilibrium
				end
			else										-- fully submerged
				yacc=(v.y-1) * -1 * 3 						-- target emerge velocity is 1
			end

self.object:setacceleration({
				x = 0,
	--	    y = -self.fall_speed / (max(1, v.y) ^ 2),		--deleted
				y=yacc,
				z = 0
			})
		end
	else ...
There's a side effect though, now most animals will drown in water, that's because mobs breathe with their feet ;)
but that's kinda a good thing, helps control population.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Anyone annoyed by water trampolining mobs?
Heh. This is in MCL2 by design.

But I agree the population can get too high in MCL2 too fast, this desperately needs rework. :-(

Termos

by Termos » Post

Wuzzy wrote: Heh. This is in MCL2 by design.
Are you sure? Mobs are periodically ejected about 5 meters into the air when waterwalking.
Why such a design?

zargulthewizard

Bug: Iron Golems do not attack Endermen. I know for certain they do in Minecraft.

Unless, of course, my version of MineClone 2 is outdated :P

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Are you sure? Mobs are periodically ejected about 5 meters into the air when waterwalking.
OK, mobs are certainly not supposed to fly up that high into the sky.
As I said, mobs need reworking.
Bug: Iron Golems do not attack Endermen. I know for certain they do in Minecraft.
OK, I fixed this now (in dev) by changing how endermen work.

Termos

by Termos » Post

More about population control and related stuff.

First some context: there was a 1x2 puddle on the grassland. I noticed that if a water fearing animal would come near, it became trapped there, they would cross the puddle forth and back and never leave the area. That tells me some yaw calculations are off, and that's one of the reasons for overpopulation, because if animals are trapped on the shore, then they're not on the grasslands, and then on the grasslands aoc has no reason to limit new spawns.

Then what I did was:
- I rewrote all the homemade yaw calculations in mcl_mobs/api.lua with the api function minetest.dir_to_yaw. The result is, the animals now properly avoid water, and should they fail, they are are usually able to find dry land. They also stopped flipping (instant 180 and back)
- I removed the "when in air move forward" timer in do_jump altogether. It seemed redundant as it already assumed nonzero horizontal velocity, and potentially harmfull because after it fired mobs were left with nonzero horizontal acceleration.

Both changes made mob movement a lot cleaner, also they are distributed more evenly over dry land which gives the aoc limit a chance to work.

Personally, I would get rid of mob name related aoc parameter in spawn_specific, because you know, if there's a horde of horses and sheep in a spot, we don't need a new rabbit there, even if there's none.
Instead I'd set global limits, separate for animals and monsters, both probably less than 10 per abr (maybe even less, because aoc area is relative to mobs, and because they spawn away from the player, that means that usually objects on one side of them are inactive).

Another problem, I find the default active block range of 3 to be inadequate for v7 mapgen, which generates these large plains more than 10 blocks across.
Wuzzy wrote: As I said, mobs need reworking.
I found the mob api quite capable, if a little bit buggy, but it's amazing how much can be achieved with it with a few little quick fixes and tweaks.

zargulthewizard

Much grass on the endermen fix. Eagerly awaiting full functionality!

PS: Just remembered. Connecting a reversed daylight sensor to a command block for returning the time to day does not work. Will double check, but I think I am doing the command right.

meseking35
GitHub: meseking35
IRC: meseking meseking_ meseking__
In-game: meseking MeseBot

by meseking35 » Post

About Modding...
Some mods I would like to use depend on default, what do i do then?
Are Minecraft mods compatible?
Where do I put the mods?

Thanks, meseking

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

meseking35 wrote:About Modding...
Some mods I would like to use depend on default, what do i do then?
Are Minecraft mods compatible?
Where do I put the mods?

Thanks, meseking
Someone needs to adjust the mod’s code to work with MCL2.

No, and never will be.

In the regular mods folder, then load as per usual (Path depending on operating system). But there’s not many mods available for MCL2 yet.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

How would I make Ma & Pop's Furniture mod compatible with MCL2?
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:How would I make Ma & Pop's Furniture mod compatible with MCL2?
You would need to find replacements for functions, recipes and other resources used in yout mod coming from default, fire, stairs, wool, xpanes which In your case seem to be fairly easy to do since those nodes all exist in MCL2 as well. The majority of work for this particular mod though I'd say is texture work. Since you don't seem too use the game's native textures for skinning nodes or texture modifyers as much but instead have broken off textures from MTG and manually modified it, you need to do the same thing over again but for MCL2. OR you could start using modifiers instead, modularizing texture handling for both games.

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

Hey Wuzzy,

I have a fix for rain/snow falling through glass nodes & trapdoors. - https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClo ... /issues/89
Well, technically I have 2 variations of this patch as I wasn't quite sure if a generalized fix was okay or if you preferred one more specific.

The first is specific to glass nodes & closed trapdoors(open trapdoors will let rain through); & keeps the light_level check for outdoors.

Specific Patch: -removed-

The 2nd alternate fix basically lets all walkable nodes block rain/snow & removes the light_level checks for outdoors.
This has the added bonus of fixing rain/snow falling through when the player only has a single node(anykind) above them.
Lastly, xpanes while walkable will let rain through(but full glass nodes will not); while trapdoors when closed block rain, but when open let it through.

Alternate Patch: -removed-
Last edited by MysticTempest on Thu Jan 03, 2019 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

@MysticTempest: I appreciate your efforts, but I don't like that you need to look at 256 nodes every time when is_outdoors is called.

Also, this is wrong:

groups = {groups_closed=1,rainblocker=1}, 
That's not how groups work. There is no group called “groups_closed”.
Last edited by Wuzzy on Thu Jan 03, 2019 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

MysticTempest
GitHub: MysticTempest

by MysticTempest » Post

Wuzzy wrote:@MysticTempest: I appreciate your efforts, but I don't like that you need to look at 256 nodes every time when is_outdoors is called.

Also, this is wrong:

groups = {groups_closed=1,rainblocker=1}, 
That's not how groups work. There is no group called “groups_closed”.
That's alright; thanks for checking it out at least.
Yea, I took it to the extreme with 256 nodes; mostly for the worst case scenario of a user at bedrock, with a single glass/trapdoor node far above them at the overworld's max height.
But yea, it's still a bit of a messy check.

And, whoops; sorry about that.
REFI_Texture Pack: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20355 - Supports MineClone2 up to v0.80, MTG, and more.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Anyone know how to edit the signs code for multicolored signs?
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

WizardOz

by WizardOz » Post

I just had to say that me and my kids are loving this clone! Please continue the development if possible! :)
Great work!

mentalmage

by mentalmage » Post

I just tested your Game

Here are some things I noticed:
- Creepers blow up based on proximity even thru walls and even if they don't see you
- Creepers will blow instantly instead of ticking down TSSS
- Items thrown into a fire do not get destroyed
- There's no way to brew potions as the brewing stand is not implemented yet but it appears you have fermented eye which is created only using brewing mechanic (so is probably not available in survival)
- Undead mobs do not burn during daylight
- Zombies ignore Villagers (not sure if you find villagers naturally in the game)

Anyway pretty awesome mod nonthe less tons of fun . Hope you keep at it.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

Been playing this off and on far a while, it's made some good progress. One thing that really annoys me, is when you put two door side by side, both doors open to the left when one should open left and the other to the right. Most other issues don't effect me much, just the doors.

voxelproof

by voxelproof » Post

lonestar wrote:One thing that really annoys me, is when you put two door side by side, both doors open to the left when one should open left and the other to the right. Most other issues don't effect me much, just the doors.
Put left wing first and then (at least in MTG) the directions of both doors are correct.
To miss the joy is to miss all. Robert Louis Stevenson

leblu

by leblu » Post

Thank you very much for your awesome work on this game!

Things I noticed (don't know if already mentioned):
- Still get arrow damage, if though i'm inside a building (completely surrounded by blocks)
- On respawn, I got spawn on top of my bed, inside another block (ceiling) which caused damage till death. Repeated until I broke the block.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

leblu wrote: - On respawn, I got spawn on top of my bed, inside another block (ceiling) which caused damage till death. Repeated until I broke the block.
In the future, make the room 3 blocks in height instead of two. This will give you two air spaces above the bed and you will not spawn into the block.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.