[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by corasTenthTry » Post

So uh this is awkward with the last posts. I am on pretty good terms with kay though so it's all good ..... i think !? :)

As of today I have taken over maintainership of MineClone2 from Fleckenstein. For those of you who don't know me: originally anarchy player and dev of clients that must not be named now running an anarchy server (oysterity) and doing some fixing in the mcl bubble.

Broadly said my immediate plans are to get mobs to a working state (probably by reverting to the 0.71 mobs), fix a couple of easy to fix inefficiencies and make a release.

I have explained things more detailed in this issue on the bugtracker: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/1984

I hope to get MineClone2 to be the testing branch of mcl in debian terms. To be reasonably stable but still get features somewhat quick i.e. a compromise between mcl5 and mineclonia.

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

thanks a lot corasTenthTry, best wishes for mcl2 maintenance.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

Great, CTT, a new manager, i look forward to You changing the GITHUB, i have quite the long History of enjoying brand new Titles

perhaps the World it's self will be infinitely Fun, too, and reach new locations (maybe a special gift box MOD, with a few skins?)

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

i have a question:
how can i add a new dimension (maybe aether?) to MineClone? i can't find a normal api for this in code or something and it looks like we have just hardcoded overworld, nether, end and void dimensions
please help
MineClone2 dev and modder and the creator of Voxelgarden (revived) || Codeberg

Cranriold

by Cranriold » Post

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

rudzik8 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 09:45
i have a question:
how can i add a new dimension (maybe aether?) to MineClone?
You would basically have to add a on_generated callback. the sky is big and largely unused so if you can easily make a another dimension there.

But no there isn't really a specific mcl api for that.

rudzik8
GitHub: rudzik8
In-game: db75c and rudzik8

by rudzik8 » Post

corasTenthTry wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 01:50
You would basically have to add a on_generated callback. the sky is big and largely unused so if you can easily make a another dimension there.

But no there isn't really a specific mcl api for that.
oh thanks
i think i'll check this out soon
(but currently im working on different mod for mcl anyway)
MineClone2 dev and modder and the creator of Voxelgarden (revived) || Codeberg

Sudonik

by Sudonik » Post

Is it possible to alter/disable the emulated Y -60 world depth and adjust the nether generation and portal spawning accordingly? I would like to keep the default -31000 depth, and perhaps reserve the bottom ~1024 blocks for the nether.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

Sudonik wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 01:53
Is it possible to alter/disable the emulated Y -60 world depth and adjust the nether generation and portal spawning accordingly? I would like to keep the default -31000 depth, and perhaps reserve the bottom ~1024 blocks for the nether.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean.the nether already is at the bottom:

https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... d-the-void

But no changing the Y position of the overworld is not going to be easily possible unless we want to completely switch to lua mapgen (which would make mapgen even slower).

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

Good news everyone!

After more than a year of wait MineClone2 0.72 is out!

https://content.minetest.net/packages/Wuzzy/mineclone2/

Now I know it was quite a long wait, but even if all that time maybe doesn't even justify it the list of new features is huge:

> - [x] Better player sitting animation [epCode]
> - [x] Rewrite mcl_autogroups [ryvnf]
> - [x] Add official Clientmod [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Clientmod: Sprint with double-W [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Separate Head / Body rotation [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Fix deprecation warnings from MT 5.5-dev [EliasFleckenstein03; ryvnf]
> - [x] Critical hits [epCode]
> - [x] Player pushing [epCode]
> - [x] Rewrite Armor and Damage API [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Rewrite burning players / entities [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Use the minecraft color set for tooltips and chat [AFCMS; EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Add stripped logs [NO11]
> - [x] Add elytra [epCode; EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Add fireworks prototype [NO11]
> - [x] Improve nether portal algorithms [kay27]
> - [x] Performance tweaks [EliasFleckenstein03; kay27; jordan4ibanez; cora]
> - [x] Make Cactus destroy items and minecarts [NO11]
> - [x] Show preview of new banner pattern when crafting it [erlehmann]
> - [x] Smoke API [iliekprogrammar; EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Torch API [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] MC-like kelp mechanics [iliekprogrammar]
> - [x] Tweak endermen [jordan4ibanez]
> - [x] Add script to reset end dimension [kay27]
> - [x] Tweak horse taming [Saku Laesvuori]
> - [x] Fix passive mobs despawning [Saku Laesvuori]
> - [x] More lag-resistant item pickup [jordan4ibanez]
> - [x] Mapgen fixes [kay27]
> - [x] Death drop refactoring [AFCMS]
> - [x] Add missing API documentations [AFCMS]
> - [x] Make helmet protect from falling anvils [AFCMS]
> - [x] Add setting to disable command blocks [AFCMS]
> - [x] Add mob easter eggs [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Add villager sounds [epCode]
> - [x] Fix tooltips for named items [BlueBlancmanche]
> - [x] Make hoe dig some blocks faster [ryvnf]
> - [x] Slightly lift your right arm when holding an item
> - [x] Always open chests 90° [ZedekThePD]
> - [x] Allow portals to break only in creative and to be pointed [iliekprogrammar]
> - [x] Buckets API [AFCMS]
> - [x] Fix anvil duplication glitch [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Proper performance settings [EliasFleckenstein03; jordan4ibanez]
> - [x] Jukebox API [AFCMS]
> - [x] Flowers & Flowerpots API [AFCMS]
> - [x] Deterministic mapgen [kay27]
> - [x] Proper ender dragon spawning / egg leaving / end portal / XP behavior [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Boss bars [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] End credits [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Speed up end credits when pressing jump [NO11]
> - [x] Make dragon egg teleport on punch [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] End gateway portals [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Real Maps [EliasFleckenstein03]
> - [x] Particles for bonemeal, elytra fireworks, totems, sponges in the nether [NO11]
> - [x] Add item IDs to the description of items (Item ID Debug Setting) [NO11]
> - [x] Better food particles [NO11]
> - [x] Better Anvil nodebox [NO11]
> - [x] Improve cactus mechanics [NO11]
> - [x] Lightning, bone meal API [NO11]
> - [x] Enable fly when creative is on [NO11]
> - [x] Add mcl_playersSleepingPercentage setting [NO11]
> - [x] Add Lanterns and Chains [AFCMS]
* - {x] Add Barrles [AFCMS]
* - [x] Add Composters [kabou]
* - [x] Fire lag fixed [cora]
* - [x] Vastly improved network traffic usage (from about 20kb/s down to <100b/s idle traffic) [anon5,erlehmann,Fleckenstein,cora]
* - [x] Fixed nether wart and fire not generating in nether [E]
* - [x] Added tradtional Chinese translation (partial) [EmojiGit]

and these are just the more notable ones.

Here's the youtube trailer by AFCMS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBWnIMJbx0E

Also who do I have to .. uhm talk to .. to be able to change the first post in this ?

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Wait a minute, your slimes have partial transparency. How? I thought it was impossible for entities to have partial transparency
cdb_894a100ddd76

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

"I suggest canging the MineClone2 development goal to Minecraft Java 1.11 + Optifine.", that said EliasFleckenstein one year ago. Any changes? I ask because it stand in change log. Thatcause was mineclone5 made?

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 06:54
"I suggest canging the MineClone2 development goal to Minecraft Java 1.11 + Optifine.", that said
EliasFleckenstein one year ago.
There will be no "hard version target" see https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/2049
debiankaios wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 06:54
Any changes? I ask because it stand in change log. Thatcause was mineclone5 made?
Well I'll merge stuff from mineclonia or mineclone5 if it works well. Might be that's how you ended up in the commits? Don't remember specifically though.

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

oh ok

cpm

Re: MineClone2 0.72 is out! (was Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0])

by cpm » Post

corasTenthTry wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 16:06
Good news everyone!
After more than a year of wait MineClone2 0.72 is out!
Great, congratulations, super thank you \o/

It seems to me to detect a misunderstanding:

- in the Mineclone2 web page, below the Download button, we can read "For Minetest 5.4 and above".

- in the README file, we can read "This game requires Minetest to run (version 5.3.0 or later)."

So which one is true? Is Minetest 5.4 really required?

corasTenthTry

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.72.0]

by corasTenthTry » Post

oh yeah readme is wrong. 5.3 *might* work but hasn't been extensively tested and is thus not officially supported - the versions set in contentdb are correct anyways (5.4.1, 5.5 )

But thank you the readme should be updated (probably to "for which version is supported refer to contentdb" to prevent any more of this ^^).

cpm

by cpm » Post

corasTenthTry wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 21:02
oh yeah readme is wrong. 5.3 *might* work but hasn't been extensively tested and is thus not officially supported - the versions set in contentdb are correct anyways (5.4.1, 5.5 )

But thank you the readme should be updated (probably to "for which version is supported refer to contentdb" to prevent any more of this ^^).
Thank you for the answer. As the code is law, perhaps the two places are needed.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

There has been a point release fixing an issue where passive mobs would not spawn in certain biomes (particularly savanna)

lemonzest
IRC: lemonzest
In-game: lemonzest

by lemonzest » Post

I upgraded to 0.72.1 and entered the game, I was in a town, which then started to light up with fire cos the blacksmith place's fire could glitch the walls and catch the nearby trees on fire!

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

lemonzest wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 17:52
I upgraded to 0.72.1 and entered the game, I was in a town, which then started to light up with fire cos the blacksmith place's fire could glitch the walls and catch the nearby trees on fire!
nice! yeah not sure i see a good way of preventing that lol. Minecraft lava is supposed to set fire through walls.

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

> 5.3 *might* work but hasn't been extensively tested and is thus not officially supported

IIRC On a master version before 0.72 on MT 5.3, the server would crash when one player was hit by a ghast fireball. And I think major stuff would break if going further in the commits. So on our server we stayed at a commit with "only" the crash with ghasts ^^"

So unless stuff changed in subsequent commits leading to 0.72, we can assume that 5.3 won't work well.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

tuxayo wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 18:46
> 5.3 *might* work but hasn't been extensively tested and is thus not officially supported

IIRC On a master version before 0.72 on MT 5.3, the server would crash when one player was hit by a ghast fireball. And I think major stuff would break if going further in the commits. So on our server we stayed at a commit with "only" the crash with ghasts ^^"

So unless stuff changed in subsequent commits leading to 0.72, we can assume that 5.3 won't work well.
Yes I would think so too I was just saying i have no concrete information on it ^^. There are other reasons not to use 5.3 though - particularly some serious security problems (if you use the debian packages these are fixed there afaik):
https://github.com/minetest/minetest/se ... advisories

While I am generally a bigger friend of compatibility than my predecessors i suppose, I think that and the somewhat large changes from 5.3 to 5.4 which would make actual compat a lot of work now. So I think that speaks speak against supporting <5.4 + mcl2 has never really supported old mt versions.

corasTenthTry

by corasTenthTry » Post

MineClone2 0.73.0 was just released. Most notable changes:

* Shields added (NO11)
* Weather lag fixed (cora)

and of course various little fixes. Particularly by kabou.

Cranriold

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.73.0]

by Cranriold » Post

Tried to make a casual Minecraft (Java) player play MineClone 2 on Android, here are some feedbacks:

- The default tree leaves looks see-through and has to be enabled to Fancy Leaves in the settings to make it look normal.

- The in-game menu help was good to know the controls but the "right click" on Android needs more clarification especially when consuming items. Had tried double tapping the icon in the hotbar but it didn't work. Double tapping OUTSIDE while the hotbar item is selected seems unintuitive.

- Can't find the controls to fire a bow in Android.

- Tapping outside the menu to close sometimes doesn't work and is inconsistent.

- Tap and hold an item stack while 2nd finger holding (or whatever the equivalent of holding right click on Android) should spread the stack around the places where you dragged it and is useful for crafting furnaces and chests.

- Tapping or double tapping a recipe doesn't automatically form it in the crafting table.

- The zoom icon does not work so why not just remove it in the first place?

- The AUX1 icon name is unintuitive for beginners.

- It's harder to swim up and get to land by just looking and requires the jump button to be pressed. On Android it is terribly inconvenient to traverse a place full of a mix of water and land where you already have two fingers to control movement and direction plus a third finger to jump out of the water.

- The animal's movement looks too slow. Not sure if the actual speed is slow or if it is just the slow walking feet animation that makes the perception of it slow.

- The animal's head does not occasionally turn to look at you. This seems like a small thing but it does a great deal in selling the realism and charm of the game instead of looking at lifeless robot ai wandering in random directions.

- The enemy mob spawn is too frequent. In Minecraft you get some nights where you don't encounter any hostiles which psychologically ramps up the tension in those nights wandering outside with no lights hoping and praying to not encounter monsters as opposed to ALWAYS encountering monsters and completely removes the fear of uncertainty and the unknown making it LESS exciting. (See horror psychology)

- The spider doesn't lose its aggression when it turns into daytime.

- Installing SkinsDB shows missing player_api and seemingly no way to install it through gui.

There may be more I forgot to mention but so far that's it. I don't know if this feedback should be in Mesehub but if it is I hope someone can repost it there.

corasTenthTry

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.73.1]

by corasTenthTry » Post

Another "copyright-fix" realease because the previous one was not researched properly (the files turned out to be pixel-identical even though different sizes.
Tried to make a casual Minecraft (Java) player play MineClone 2 on Android,...
Thanks for the report, I will look into some of this but ultimately I have to tell you I'm sorry but I don't think we have the capacity to officially support Mobile at this point.