[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.70.0]

by Nicu » Post

daret wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:25
You are playing Mineclone on top of Raspberry Pi OS?
I would say RPi is not powerful enough, may be running only server (without GUI) could work, but running server + playing the game on the same device ... I don't know.
The micro SD card is of course the slowest thing on a Raspberry Pi, but the game actually runs fairly good with a SanDisk Ultra card. With my Pi 4 2GB my bottleneck was actually the RAM, so at least 4GB is recommended. After playing for a while the game got stuck due to full RAM + swap usage, so I had to SSH in and stop the server in order to free just enough RAM to also shutdown the client. So that was a bummer, but it was the low RAM's fault.

The good news is the game will probably perform even better (not sure about RAM) with Minetest 5.4.0, which will have a configurable ABM log setting, so we can tell the game to stop spamming the log with "WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms...", which is not great for any flash device's I/O and life cycle. But surprisingly, this is still good enough for a decent gaming experience. :)

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

Nicu wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:50
daret wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:25
You are playing Mineclone on top of Raspberry Pi OS?
I would say RPi is not powerful enough, may be running only server (without GUI) could work, but running server + playing the game on the same device ... I don't know.
The micro SD card is of course the slowest thing on a Raspberry Pi, but the game actually runs fairly good with a SanDisk Ultra card. With my Pi 4 2GB my bottleneck was actually the RAM, so at least 4GB is recommended. After playing for a while the game got stuck due to full RAM + swap usage, so I had to SSH in and stop the server in order to free just enough RAM to also shutdown the client. So that was a bummer, but it was the low RAM's fault.

The good news is the game will probably perform even better (not sure about RAM) with Minetest 5.4.0, which will have a configurable ABM log setting, so we can tell the game to stop spamming the log with "WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms...", which is not great for any flash device's I/O and life cycle. But surprisingly, this is still good enough for a decent gaming experience. :)
I have a SanDisk Supreme Ultra with 64 GB and a Pi4 with 4 GB of RAM. I booted the SD card via an adapter to USB, because the card is actually faster than my USB stick :) It is now REALLY good, I'm looking forward to the 5.4.0 :)

markr
GitHub: CableGuy67

by markr » Post

markr wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:08
carpathian 123456789

2 villages near spawn then I flew around a bit out to about 10k w and s but didn't see anything else.

173, 10 and -67, 172

village 1and2.jpg
Another that I really don't remember being there when I logged out. I left while sitting in the air and when I came back I found a really nice village at -6126, -1441 that is tucked into the trees very nicely. The paths are pretty random but there are a bunch of buildings in that one.

markr

by markr » Post

I was playing around with terracotta blocks and it seems that you can't rotate them on any other axis than the Y with the screwdriver. I even tried aiming from above and below when placing but it sure seems that it has a specific top (pointing to y+ and bottom). While you can place it in any of the four rotations that is it. For using on a plane without concern for the edges that is fine but when you try to wrap it around a corner using a specific face sometimes it is just not possible to get the orientation that would work.

It is a limitation of the blocks themselves, or of the screwdriver mod? I'm leaning toward the blocks since I can't seem to get them to place differently when aimed from below and placing on a different plane (say y-z as opposed to x-z), or even on the bottom of the block I set the first from below which I thought might invert the initial position.

goats

by goats » Post

Fateh Aliyev wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 02:31
Just out of curiosity, what is the probability of catching a fish with the fishing rod?

Code: Select all

local itemname
							local items
							local itemcount = 1
							local itemwear = 0
							local pr = PseudoRandom(os.time() * math.random(1, 100))
							local r = pr:next(1, 100)
							local fish_values = {85, 84.8, 84.7, 84.5}
							local junk_values = {10, 8.1, 6.1, 4.2}
							local luck_of_the_sea = math.min(mcl_enchanting.get_enchantment(itemstack, "luck_of_the_sea"), 3)
							local index = luck_of_the_sea + 1
							local fish_value = fish_values[index]
							local junk_value = junk_values[index] + fish_value
							if r <= fish_value then
								-- Fish
								items = mcl_loot.get_loot({
									items = {
										{ itemstring = "mcl_fishing:fish_raw", weight = 60 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_fishing:salmon_raw", weight = 25 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_fishing:clownfish_raw", weight = 2 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw", weight = 13 },
									}
								}, pr)
							elseif r <= junk_value then
								-- Junk
									items = {
										{ itemstring = "mcl_core:bowl", weight = 10 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_fishing:fishing_rod", weight = 2, wear_min = 6554, wear_max = 65535 }, -- 10%-100% damage
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobitems:leather", weight = 10 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_armor:boots_leather", weight = 10, wear_min = 6554, wear_max = 65535 }, -- 10%-100% damage
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobitems:rotten_flesh", weight = 10 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_core:stick", weight = 5 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobitems:string", weight = 5 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_potions:water", weight = 10 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobitems:bone", weight = 10 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_dye:black", weight = 1, amount_min = 10, amount_max = 10 },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobitems:string", weight = 10 }, -- TODO: Tripwire Hook
									}
								}, pr)
							else
								-- Treasure
									items = {
										-- TODO: Enchanted Bow
										{ itemstring = "mcl_bows:bow", wear_min = 49144, wear_max = 65535 }, -- 75%-100% damage
										{ itemstack = mcl_enchanting.get_randomly_enchanted_book(30, true, true)},
										-- TODO: Enchanted Fishing Rod
										{ itemstring = "mcl_fishing:fishing_rod", wear_min = 49144, wear_max = 65535 }, -- 75%-100% damage
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobs:nametag", },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_mobitems:saddle", },
										{ itemstring = "mcl_flowers:waterlily", },

u34

by u34 » Post

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25149

is the new owner of this thread?
Who are u?

Any news about this (sub-game)?

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Read these:
- viewtopic.php?p=387176#p387176
- https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... issues/984 (long read)

Short version: the owner of this forum thread is one of the new maintainers of the game. More are listed in the long read I mentioned above.

News about 0.71.0: https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ilestone/2

Merlin88

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.16.0]

by Merlin88 » Post

Bu_Gee wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:30
Also, I might just be being thick here, but is there a way to navigate back from the help and the crafting guide back to the inventory without exiting from it completely? It's not a killer feature, but it might be a nice thing to have.
Has this issue been resolved since? :)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Transition complete!

by Wuzzy » Post

Hello, everybody!
I am very happy to announce that Fleckenstein and kay27 are now the official new project maintainers.
They have now full control over the repository, the ContentDB page, and the forum post. They are able to make releases, and they can also decide who gets to contribute directly to the repository.
Additionally, according to the commit log, I have seen they have already been working hard on new exciting features for what appears to be new version 0.71.0. Cool.

As for me, I don't think I will do any work on this project anymore. I might occassionally drop by and give comments, but that's it. No more active work. I might still occassionally answer a few questions about this game, but ultimately, I want to move on. I don't know yet what the future might bring. I am still very active in Minetest in general, so it will probably stick around in this community. I have been playing excessively in the JT2 server in the last months, for example. :D Behind the scenes, I also contributed various PRs to Minetest (over the years, I got to a total over over 100 accepted PRs), but it's always a very slow process to get your work accepted. :( I recently got accepted as a "member" of Minetest by the way, but I am not exactly sure what to do with this yet. :D Maybe the future will also be about different games. Who knows?
If anyone wonders about why I walk away, I already wrote extensively about this, but the short reason is: I got bored of it. I no longer want to just "clone" an existing game, but instead move on to something that involves more creativity.

In any case, I am so very happy and thankful to see this project live on, even without me, and I wish Fleckenstein and kay27 the best of luck. I feel like I have done the right thing. Cheers! :)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Ccongratulations Wuzzy, this is great news. I'm glad to hear this project will be able to continue. It sounds like you've brought in some very worthy creative talents, to maintain the impeccable standards that you've set for MineClone. Kudos!

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Thanks, Wuzzy2! :D It's great you'll stick around for a while longer. Minetest 5.4.0 will bring in some interesting refinements that I hope will benefit MineClone2 as well as other games relying on Minetest.

Thanks for contributing to the engine too, and have fun with whatever comes next! :)

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

YOu like speedruns? Here i have make a topic for mineclone speedruns:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26227&p=389657

epCode
GitHub: epCode

by epCode » Post

I think everything in mesehub (git.minetest) was wiped. There is no content, and there is only one user (who joined today). All of the repositories are gone.

My bad, It is back up.

markr

by markr » Post

lakhanidharmit wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 07:26
hello everyone. I have been playing MCL2 for about a month or so now and I have a few questions.in a couple of new worlds that I have entered into the nether, I have always spawned inside a place where there is nothing but the common nether block all around me. I can mine in all directions for a long time and still see nothing else. is this a common occurrence? how much developed is the nether world? can I find ancient debris there? please understand that I have never played MC so I only have a basic knowledge of things here.
Your portal was probably created right at bedrock? I've found that digging up to about -29000 then working sideways is a pretty decent way to find your way to the surface. It will probably take a bit of digging though. There are no debris or fortresses (yet) so it's mostly just handy to find a good mob spawning area to get things like tears and blaze rods. You should run into some crevices while digging sideways that will have glowstone in them. But in short, the nether still needs a lot of work.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

The current target of MineClone 2 is having features at the level that Minecraft 1.12 brought. Minecraft will be 10 years old this year, and they had full time employees on it, so it's a hard target. But things have been progressing surprisingly well lately, so that's a great sign.

That said, Ancient Debris has only been added to Minecraft since 1.16 - a year ago. I can't even guess when we'll see it in MineClone 2, but we will soon have villages, and we already have potions and enchantments, so I'm delighted with what the game can do right now and in short term. :D

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

You can cure a zombie villager by rightclicking it with a gold apple and waiting for 2-5 minutes.

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

News about the 0.71 release:

Don't get irritated by the amount of issues that are still open. Many of them are duplicate, waiting for MT release, discussion issues, or with a checklist that is almost done. Some issues take very long to implement, others are easier, and Imo most of the big features are done. However we'll probably not get everything done until the 20th. Therefore I suggest:
  • Moving some things like the effects API and texture converter documentation to 0.72 (as these two things fit the 0.72 topic more than the 0.71 anyway and are not urgent). I have started working on the effects API but I'd rather have more time to complete it.
  • Learning something for future releases: we kept adding things to the 0.71 milestone, even tho many things in there are not completed yet. We cannot complete a milestone that we constantly keep adding to. If you want to add to a milestone after it was created, the issues need to have to do with the general topic of the milestone or you need to immediately assign somebody who can realistically complete it in time. In general, most issues should be assigned. If there are unassigned issues left nobody really feels responsible.
  • Remembering that this is the first time MineClone2 had a due date for an release, so we don't need to feel bad if we don't get it done first time we try - even such a big project as minetest delayed its release. Also, MineClone2 development got delayed by the minetest release as well.
  • Keeping the master branch more stable in the future. Things like Crawling and Mob Despawning have been pushed to master immediately after being implemented - both are features that tend to be very problematic. By putting them into upstream, we basically have to resolve any problems with them until the next release, even if the feature was not originally planned. So, if you make a feature that could be problematic, better create a new branch and push it there - if you have commit access to the MineClone2/MineClone2, it's better to create a branch at the official repository than your own. Only because some features are in testing phase, it does not mean they are not official features.
  • Depending on how the other devs feel about their assigned issues, we could move the due date to the 1st of march.

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

lakhanidharmit wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 05:38
markr wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:22
Your portal was probably created right at bedrock?
No, the portal is created near -29000. But you are right I did find some crevices.
Nicu wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 05:17
Ancient Debris has only been added to Minecraft since 1.16 - a year ago. I can't even guess when we'll see it in MineClone 2, but we will soon have villages, and we already have potions and enchantments, so I'm delighted with what the game can do right now and in short term. :D
That's right. I didn't know that.(All my Minecraft knowledge comes from watching live streams, so I wouldn't know about version history of features.) I am playing with the developer version from git and I am super excited with all the new features that are coming. I have a question though, how can I cure a zombie villager in MineClone 2?

I hope nether will be developed in future versions.(maybe by 0.75)
Netherpack ist WIP!
Here which contain too time:
https://github.com/debian044/mcl_blackstone - Blackstone by debian44(WIP - 98%)
https://github.com/debiankaios/mcl_mushroom - Warped and Crimson forest by debiankaios(WIP - 82%)
url unknown - Netherite by debian44 (WIP - 20%)
url unknown - soul lights by debian44 (WIP - 15%)

debian044
GitHub: debian044
In-game: debian44 debian42

by debian044 » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 16:23
lakhanidharmit wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 05:38
markr wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:22
Your portal was probably created right at bedrock?
No, the portal is created near -29000. But you are right I did find some crevices.
Nicu wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 05:17
Ancient Debris has only been added to Minecraft since 1.16 - a year ago. I can't even guess when we'll see it in MineClone 2, but we will soon have villages, and we already have potions and enchantments, so I'm delighted with what the game can do right now and in short term. :D
That's right. I didn't know that.(All my Minecraft knowledge comes from watching live streams, so I wouldn't know about version history of features.) I am playing with the developer version from git and I am super excited with all the new features that are coming. I have a question though, how can I cure a zombie villager in MineClone 2?

I hope nether will be developed in future versions.(maybe by 0.75)
Netherpack ist WIP!
https://github.com/debiankaios/mcl_mushroom - Warped and Crimson forest by debiankaios(WIP - 82%)
url unknown - soul lights by debian44 (WIP - 15%)
I want to give you an Upadte the Nether Pack:

-Netherite will take a bit more time.
-Soul lights are allready finished and now part of the Blackstone Mod.

The other mods are like debiankaios said
My mods: Blackstone
cdb_45f029b53618

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

Updatet:
Netherpack ist WIP!
url unknown - soul lights by debian44 (Finished )

Leun
In-game: Leun

by Leun » Post

I've been seeing a lot of content being worked on lately that is beyond the 1.11 scope of this Minetest game. Even if the scope has been updated to 1.12, the Netherpack stuff (Blackstone, Soul Lanterns, etc) were added in 1.16 of Minecraft. The scope may have changed upon the switching of hands, but I really hope you all stay true to 1.11 and 1.12 content.. content from 1.13 to 1.17 ruined vanilla Minecraft for many Minecraft players. This is why you still see tons of people playing on 1.12 servers (vanilla or modded) today. I think if post 1.12 content is worked on that it should be an optional mod that can be downloaded by those who want to use that post 1.12 content.. just my opinion.

debian044
GitHub: debian044
In-game: debian44 debian42

by debian044 » Post

Leun wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 23:38
I've been seeing a lot of content being worked on lately that is beyond the 1.11 scope of this Minetest game. Even if the scope has been updated to 1.12, the Netherpack stuff (Blackstone, Soul Lanterns, etc) were added in 1.16 of Minecraft. The scope may have changed upon the switching of hands, but I really hope you all stay true to 1.11 and 1.12 content.. content from 1.13 to 1.17 ruined vanilla Minecraft for many Minecraft players. This is why you still see tons of people playing on 1.12 servers (vanilla or modded) today. I think if post 1.12 content is worked on that it should be an optional mod that can be downloaded by those who want to use that post 1.12 content.. just my opinion.
That's right, but my intention with this pack is to make a optional modpack which adds features from versoins after 1.12 . So users who want to play 1.12 like MineClone2 can do that and 1.13-1.17 players can do that too.
My mods: Blackstone
cdb_45f029b53618

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

I try too registering slabs:

Code: Select all

mcl_stairs.register_slab("Warped Hyphae Wood", "mcl_mushroom:warped_hyphae_wood",
		{axey=5},
		{"warped_hyphae_wood.png", "warped_hyphae_wood.png", "warped_hyphae_wood.png"},
		S("Warped Hyphae Wood Slab"),
		nil, nil, nil,
		S("Double Warped Hyphae Wood Slab"))
But it doesnt work. In creative Inventory is only a place but no picture

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

debian044 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 07:56
my intention with this pack is to make a optional modpack which adds features from versoins after 1.12 . So users who want to play 1.12 like MineClone2 can do that and 1.13-1.17 players can do that too.
I'd love that. I only started playing Minecraft when it was at 1.14, so there's a lot that I don't know about its past. I've almost mostly played singleplayer, so I can't tell what the newer versions spoiled for PvP fans. But the newer versions of Minecraft brought plenty of options for building and farming, and that's fun. I'm sure there are others who appreciate that and many would welcome more features and content. I'd love to have the lightning rod right now if possible, considering I've have lightning struck and burned my house, and destroyed trees around it. There are things that make perfect sense to have, and they have no negative impact on the gameplay, even when it comes to PvP. So an optional mod pack would be great as far as I'm concerned. :)

iXware

by iXware » Post

Hello all,

My son has discovered a problem. When an end crystal is placed on the end portal, the server crashes. After a repeated login, the server crashes again if the end crystal is not destroyed immediately.

mineclone2 from git cloned on 21.02.2021 (the same problem exists with older versions)
minetest 0.5.3 on debian buster as Server
clients are minetest 5.3 on opensuse Leap 15.2 and Win 10

https://github.com/EliasFleckenstein03/ ... l/issues/1
with kind regards
Frank