[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.27.0]

by Wuzzy » Post

I am aware of the 1:8 ratio of Nether distance.
But I need to find a trick to implement it.

Minetest's world stops at ca. 31000 and -31000. In the Nether, you only need to travel to 3875 node lengths from the origin to get to the Overworld equivalent of 31000. This begs the question where to teleport the player if the player has passed 3875 in the Nether.

I think it is not possible to emulate this rule under these conditions. I need to find a trick, or I'll think of an alternative but similar rule.

YoukaiCountry
GitHub: nbcwell

by YoukaiCountry » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Minetest's world stops at ca. 31000 and -31000. In the Nether, you only need to travel to 3875 node lengths from the origin to get to the Overworld equivalent of 31000. This begs the question where to teleport the player if the player has passed 3875 in the Nether.
Ah, that is an interesting problem.

It looks like the console versions of Minecraft also have a more limited world size like Minetest, and they solve this issue by changing the scale to something smalled (such as 1:3) allowing for a larger netherworld, and then put a limit on the netherworld size.

With a 1:3 scale it would allow a more reasonably sized Netherworld, and then you could generate bedrock chunks at the edges (or whatever they do to limit it in console versions). This solution would be like actual versions of Minecraft with similar limitations.
Last edited by YoukaiCountry on Tue Aug 22, 2017 06:19, edited 1 time in total.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

You have been busy. I was just about to compliment you on the improvement from Friday's commits, and here you are with so much more. Well on to the new.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

Re: Version 0.27.0 (“The Mapgen Update”)

by maikerumine » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Hello. Today I want to release version 0.27.0! Nicknamed “The Mapgen Update”.

This giant update adds support for all mapgens, and the Nether and the End (incomplete).

Compability notes
  • Finally all mapgens are officially supported!
  • The End is currently a preview only. It is very incomplete and will definitely change completely
  • Biomes (for all mapgens except v6) are incomplete and will definitely change. The worst which could happen is that there will be visible “borders” when you continue to explore the Overworld in future versions. That's all!
  • Existing v6 worlds should be unaffected, continuing to use v6 should be safe.
  • The End portal is a dummy and will be completely replaced later
How to build portals
How to build a Nether portal: Build an empty upright 4×5 obsidian frame, then light a fire on the frame.
How to build an End portal: Build an empty upright 4×5 frame made of blocks of quartz, then use an eye of ender on the frame.

The changes follow:

Mapgen:
  • Add support for the remaining mapgens: v5, v7, valleys and fractal
  • New biomes for these mapgens: Desert, red desert, mesa, glacier, icesheet, jungle, savannah, grasslands, deciduous forest, coniferous forest, roofed forest, taiga, mushroom land.
  • Add the Nether (at ca. Y=-29000), may be subject to improvements
  • Add the End (at ca. Y=-27000). VERY incomplete.
  • Abandoned mineshafts: Add minecarts, cave spider spawners and cobwebs
  • Dungeons: Widen the openings of lonely corners to allow entry
  • Add unique flat variant of the Nether when using the flat mapgen
About the new mapgen features:
  • v6 mapgen will be continued to be supported and improved, but like in Minetest Game, it doesn't generate all the blocks, trees or biomes which you can now find in the other mapgens
  • Like the Overworld, the End has a very generous height limit (ca. 25000 blocks; at the top you will collide with an invisible “realm barrier”)
  • The Nether has a height of exactly 128
Blocks:
  • Nether Portal
  • End Portal
  • Lava in the Nether automatically turns into Nether Lava which has an increased flowing distance
  • Realm Barrier: Internal block to separate the End from the void below the Overworld
  • Dark oak sapling grows into a proper dark oak now (still not 100% complete, however)
  • Fire is not destroyed by flowing liquids
  • Kill hanging vines below a dug vine
  • Beds explode in the Nether and the End if you try to sleep
  • Ice doesn't turn into water in the Nether
Mobs:
  • Spawn shulkers in the End
  • Spawn all Nether mobs in the Nether
  • Spawn zombie pigman in Nether portals in the Overworld
Other:
  • New minecart model and texture
  • Water buckets can't place water in the Nether, except in cauldrons
  • Fire charges now act as general igniters (you can use them to open a Nether portal, too)
  • Remove all Nether-related temporary crafting recipes, and some other
  • Compass and clock are confused in the Nether and the End
Bugfixes
  • Fix crash when clicking on invalid item in craftguide
  • Furnace: Stop cooking if output is full
  • Fix generated mob spawners sometimes have pig
  • Fix annoyingly “sticky” black sky when flying into the void and return to the overworld
  • Fix magma blocks hurting you when you are 2 blocks above
  • Fix and weaken the broken mcl_tnt dependencies
  • Support Creative Mode for minecarts
Maintenance
  • Update doc and doc_items mods
  • Use new Minetest settings API syntax for most mods
  • Update tsm_railcorridors
  • Fix a couple of console warnings
  • Remove worldedit_gui error message. Worldedit_gui is now officially incompatible with MCL2; it's now up to the developers of worldedit_gui to add support

The Overworld (in the v7 mapgen)

The Overworld (in the valleys mapgen)

The End (WIP)

The Nether
Did you use any of my code for these updates? and if so is my mc2plus modpack obsolete?
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

Wuzzy,

After about fifteen minutes of play on an existing world after the 0.27 update I received this in the debug.txt. Possibly only the undeclared global variable is of interest, maybe also the not registering of alias lines.

Code: Select all

2017-08-21 23:04:18: WARNING[Main]: Irrlicht: PNG warning: Incorrect bKGD chunk length
2017-08-21 23:04:25: WARNING[Main]: Map::getNodeMetadata(): Block not found
2017-08-21 23:04:25: WARNING[Main]: Map::removeNodeMetadata(): Block not found

-------------
  Separator
-------------

2017-08-22 01:20:01: WARNING[Main]: NodeDefManager: Ignoring CONTENT_IGNORE redefinition

2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fishing:carp_raw -> mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fishing:shark_raw -> mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fishing:shark_raw -> mcl_fishing:pufferfish_raw
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:end_rod -> mcl_end:end_rod
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:dragon_egg -> mcl_end:dragon_egg
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: esmobs:dragon_egg -> mcl_end:dragon_egg
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:stone_with_coal -> mcl_core:stone_with_coal
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:wood -> mcl_core:wood
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:meselamp -> mcl_nether:glowstone
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:sign_wall -> mcl_core:sign_wall_wood
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: fire:basic_flame -> mcl_fire:fire
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: dropper:dropper -> mcl_droppers:dropper
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:chest -> mcl_chests:chest
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:quartz_ore -> mcl_nether:quartz_ore
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: default:rack_with_diamond -> mcl_core:stone_with_diamond
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: esmobs:bones -> mcl_core:chest
2017-08-22 01:20:02: WARNING[Main]: Not registering alias, item with same name is already defined: mg_villages:road -> mcl_stairs:slab_stone

2017-08-22 01:20:27: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "place_pos" accessed at ...test/games/MineClone2/mods/ENTITIES/mobs_mc/enderman.lua:81

2017-08-22 01:25:29: WARNING[Server]: Pathfinder: failed to update cost map
2017-08-22 01:26:19: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 209ms (longer than 200ms)
2017-08-22 01:26:59: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 253ms (longer than 200ms)
2017-08-22 01:27:21: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 236ms (longer than 200ms)
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

yes, the nether is here! but why is there 2 rows of health and hunger bars in the screenies????
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Stix

by Stix » Post

YoukaiCountry wrote:
Wuzzy wrote:Minetest's world stops at ca. 31000 and -31000. In the Nether, you only need to travel to 3875 node lengths from the origin to get to the Overworld equivalent of 31000. This begs the question where to teleport the player if the player has passed 3875 in the Nether.
Ah, that is an interesting problem.

It looks like the console versions of Minecraft also have a more limited world size like Minetest, and they solve this issue by changing the scale to something smalled (such as 1:3) allowing for a larger netherworld, and then put a limit on the netherworld size.

With a 1:3 scale it would allow a more reasonably sized Netherworld, and then you could generate bedrock chunks at the edges (or whatever they do to limit it in console versions). This solution would be like actual versions of Minecraft with similar limitations.
+1 for this idea!

Stix

by Stix » Post

oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that the mushroom biome should be isolated on a island.

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Stix wrote:oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that the mushroom biome should be isolated on a island.
however, this might be hard to do.... also, the mycelium spreads on all grass and dirt types!
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Wuzzy

Bugfix releases: 0.27.1 and 0.27.2

by Wuzzy » Post

Version 0.27.1 released!
- Bugfix: Map generators did not generate any sugar canes (whoops!)
- Bugfix: Some deserts had too much stone, and too little normal sand
- Bugfix: Fix some (maybe not all) problems with riverbeds in valleys mapgen
- Bugfix: Fix broken enderman block taking sound (thanks, dawgdoc!)
- Experiment: Experiment with lighting in the End: Now it acts as if under sunlight (but there can also be night, sadly)
- Bugfix: Sugar canes were not dropped when supporting block has been dug
- Feature: Generate lily pads in shallow water (swamp-like areas in v5, v7, valleys, fractal)
- Feature: Allow to place sugar canes on sugar canes

Version 0.27.2 released!
- Bugfix: Fix completely broken compasses and clocks
yes, the nether is here! but why is there 2 rows of health and hunger bars in the screenies????
I have turned on hunger debug mode. These bars are not part of the actual game and are invisible to normal players. Hunger debug mode shows internal hunger-related values. I used this to develop the mcl_hunger mod. The left bar shows exhaustion, the right one shows “saturation” (=satiation).
The help entry for hunger is still pending. In the meanwhile, you can read this: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Hunger
MCL2's hunger system is now almost identical.

@stix: You would help me a lot if you would report bugs and missing features here: https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bugs
Interesting idea, but in order for this to work, a significant portion of the Nether size has to be sacrificed. :-/

YoukaiCountry
GitHub: nbcwell

Re: Bugfix releases: 0.27.1 and 0.27.2

by YoukaiCountry » Post

Wuzzy wrote:Interesting idea, but in order for this to work, a significant portion of the Nether size has to be sacrificed. :-/
Definitely not ideal, but I think it matches the unfortunate fact that a Minetest world is significantly smaller than a Minecraft world on the X/Z plane.

What if you were to include an option for the scale factor, default it to 1:3 or the like, but if someone wanted a full-sized Nether, they could choose 1:1, if they wanted super-quick travel but were fine with a tiny Nether they could go with the full 1:8.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.27.2]

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

??????????????
Attachments
Screenshot (52).png
Screenshot (52).png (71.04 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

OMG, what did you DO?! xD

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Stix wrote:yes, the nether is here! but why is there 2 rows of health and hunger bars in the screenies????

Code: Select all

armor bar        breath bar?
health bar       hunger bar

GamingAssociation39

Wuzzy wrote:OMG, what did you DO?! xD
That's at the bottom of the end

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

thanks to wuzzy, i'm ogligated to scroll during 25 minutes every time I go here because every facist screenshot pull the page up and stop my communist reading of this topic. Sorry, i'm tired :]

Sergey

by Sergey » Post

azekill_DIABLO wrote:thanks to wuzzy, i'm ogligated to scroll during 25 minutes every time I go here because every facist screenshot pull the page up and stop my communist reading of this topic. Sorry, i'm tired :]
I forgot about such problem when I make forum to view new posts first. So when something is loading while I am reading something new, it extends page down — below something I already viewed and I don't have to scroll page.

Stix

by Stix » Post

@Wuzzy i know you want missing features reported to the github page but at the moment i dont have github. (yet)
heres my list of hints:
- the very top of the nether should be bedrock.
- a portal should work without the corners.
- when the snow is one layer (in mc snow can stack up a few layers) the player should go through the snow, not on top of it.
- arrows should stick to blocks, players, and mobs.
- a water source block should only be 15 pixels tall, not 16.
- mushroom biomes only ever appear on there own isolated island.
- im not sure if this is implemented into MCL2 yet but hostile mobs never spawn on mycelium or glass.
- redstone signals cant go through glass.
- redstone currents can connect through a 1-block layer in any direction.
- in the End their should be portals to End cities.
- when riding a horse a health bar that shows its current health should be on the screen.
- horses slowly heal over time when next to a bale of hay.
thats it for now, hope it helped.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Stix wrote: - the very top of the nether should be bedrock.
- a portal should work without the corners.
???
This is already the case.
OK, the End portal must have corners but this is only a dummy anyway.
- a water source block should only be 15 pixels tall, not 16.
Mostly a rendering issue. You can kinda change this by enabling the “waving water” setting.

- horses slowly heal over time when next to a bale of hay.
Funny, I must have missed that in Minecraft Wiki. Proof?
Stix wrote: - when the snow is one layer (in mc snow can stack up a few layers) the player should go through the snow, not on top of it.
- arrows should stick to blocks, players, and mobs.
- mushroom biomes only ever appear on there own isolated island.
- im not sure if this is implemented into MCL2 yet but hostile mobs never spawn on mycelium or glass.
Correct. And I agree with anything else I did not mention explicitly in this post.

Stix

by Stix » Post

another thing:
- you shouldn't be able to hurt a horse by punching it when on horseback
Wuzzy wrote:Funny, i must have missed that in Minecraft Wiki. Proof?
I'm searching for the video with proof as i speak

Stix

by Stix » Post

Ok, i'm sorry to say i can't find the video :/ , so i guess just ignore the whole hay-bale thing.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

Hay bales can also be fed to horses, donkeys, or mules to heal up to 10 hearts. They are an effective method to heal horses if the player wants to heal them in a short period of time. They also speed up the growth of foals by three minutes.
From wiki.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

That's not the same as “horses slowly heal over time when next to a bale of hay”.

OK, here's the MCL2 behaviour:
You can feed hay bales to horses by rightclicking, which adds health.
Horses also automatically regenerate health over time.

GamingAssociation39

Are you able to use carpets to jump over the fence or no?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No.