[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by Eris » Post

Hi, I noticed a couple of bugs while playing:

Iron golems vs hostiles' mechanics need a bit of tweaking; currently, they can see/aggro each other, through walls, 15+ blocks away from each other, just like spiders in Minecraft.

The player is also affected, so when a hostile is punched, all other hostiles (of the same type, I think?) get aggroed from far away, like zombie pigmen.
This means mob farms need to be reimplemented completely because of the difference between Minecraft and Mineclone 2 mechanics.
The issue tackling this is https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... issues/860, I think.
I very much hope these can be addressed soon, I love making mob farms :)
Last edited by Eris on Sat Jun 26, 2021 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
Jump in the caac

afred

by afred » Post

I have walked the nether every direction about 1600 blocks. From the top of the nether to the bottom. I have found a few cool (deadly) caverns. I have been in the nether so long I have four "wither" skelly heads (too bad, I can't spawn a wither).

In all this time I have found no netherwart anywhere? Where can I find it? I take it there is no fortress.
Does wart generate on naturally exposed soul sand randomly? We would love to start brewing :(

A side question: why no Quartz? I think it looks to be in the mod but I do not see any spawned. I know it is a 1.5 thing but without it the nether is just a place to chew up picks and die. Is there a (mod) way to add quartz generation to an existing world that I could do? Thank you all (Especially Elias, as it sounds by the issues page that dev is going off the rails on this project). https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/1766

PS: I primarily use Mineclone2 because it runs on a Raspberry Pi4 so four of us can play together.

Nexandr

by Nexandr » Post

i havent been here since ages, im BlazeGamingUnltd on my newer account, hello!

Nebbie

by Nebbie » Post

Walker wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 17:51
Grigor wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 08:10
Walker, try putting your Overworld Portal as close to the surface as possible, and as close to the centre of the map as possible. This has consistently put me in a nice big cave the last few times in Valleys Mapgen. Putting the portal deep underground seems to land me in the lava each time. Hope this helps.
jip, same here ^^

the question: is this a bug ? can it be fixed ? can i have another drink ? please ?
It's a bug the next version should fix, to my understanding.
afred wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 05:20
I have walked the nether every direction about 1600 blocks. From the top of the nether to the bottom. I have found a few cool (deadly) caverns. I have been in the nether so long I have four "wither" skelly heads (too bad, I can't spawn a wither).

In all this time I have found no netherwart anywhere? Where can I find it? I take it there is no fortress.
Does wart generate on naturally exposed soul sand randomly? We would love to start brewing :(

A side question: why no Quartz? I think it looks to be in the mod but I do not see any spawned. I know it is a 1.5 thing but without it the nether is just a place to chew up picks and die. Is there a (mod) way to add quartz generation to an existing world that I could do? Thank you all (Especially Elias, as it sounds by the issues page that dev is going off the rails on this project). https://git.minetest.land/MineClone2/Mi ... ssues/1766

PS: I primarily use Mineclone2 because it runs on a Raspberry Pi4 so four of us can play together.
Nether Wart is supposed to grow rarely, but I'm not sure if there's a bug currently. Fortresses aren't implemented at all.

superfloh
GitHub: superfloh247

by superfloh » Post

Hi,

I'd like to implement an enhancement and/or add-on for mcl: guard mode for dogs.
- stay at the current position
- bark if player which is not the owner comes within ~5 blocks
- enhanced guard mode: attack if player (not owner) comes near ~2 blocks

Could someone give me a nudge where to start? Where do I register the function to periodically check if players are near? Where can I find example code to determine the distance (ideally only line of sight, not 5 blocks above with a floor/ceiling between dog an player)?

kay27
GitHub: kay27

MineClone 5 0.71.5 Community Release

by kay27 » Post

Delivery update!

As current MineClone 2 milestones made impossible releasing it till maybe September, let me introduce MineClone 5 with a bit changed workflow policy: no milestones, rapid delivery, merges by one approval, and no Minecraft target version limits.

Upgrading existing worlds from 2 to 5 is instant. Technically it is still MineClone 2 with extra mods and stability fixes. Some extra features of MineClone 5 might be incompatible with further versions of MineClone 2, that's why, please, try not to mix the worlds. Reverse running of MCL5 world with MCL2 game will give you many unknown objects, maybe it can be resolved somehow but please be warned: THERE IS REVERSE INCOMPATIBILITY.

MineClone 2 community needs your feedback not to sink in argues, what is good and bad.

The code base has changed significantly. There are lots of new features by lots of contributors. Features are adding right now, and it was hard decision for me to find temporary quiet place to stop for a while, test the code and release it. Now I shall list all the changes...

But before doing that let me mention Tacotexmex who paid for Mesehub hosting and did lots of amazing devops things. Now there is an OpenCollective MineClone 2 page - you can donate there, to support Mesehub and all project it hosts for now: MineClone 2, MineClone 5, Mineclonia, etc.

If you want to support MineClone - it's good opportunity to do that just by making some reasonable donation, Mesehub really needs it and MineClone too, because MineClone shouldn't depend of Github which is Microsoft which is Mojang, right?

What’s new:
  • Enderdragon spawn, bossbars, End gateways, End main island, End crystal beams, real maps, damage system, assist death messages, integrate fire resistance, totems, dispensers, critical hits, magic damage, proper food poisoning, mob descriptions, separate head / body rotation, armor stand update, clocks work in itemframes by Elias Fleckenstein;
  • Mobs API from scratch (AI, logic, spawning, neutral, walking, flying, floating, swimming, jumping, running, drowning, climbing up walls, walking up stairs/slabs, running away, cramming, breeding, following, punching, colliding, knockback, taming, teleporting, despawner, limiter, basics of head movement, sounds, death logic, red tint, animation) and collection sound tweaks by jordan4ibanez AKA oilboi;
  • Numerous mobs, elytra, bows, sticky arrows, models, animations, pushing, criticle and sprint hits, Ghast fireballs deflectible, textures, menu header, villager sounds by epCode;
  • Stripped wood, textures, cobweb protect from fall damage, cactus destroy items and breaks minecart, particles, overlays, Nether gold by NO11;
  • API documentation, code style improvements and performance optimisation, helmet protect from falling anvils by AFCMS;
  • mcl_autogroup update, tweak logic and docs by Elias Åström;
  • Smithing table, ancient debris and netherite by Code-Sploit;
  • Kelp, fire particles and breaking sounds by iliekprogrammar;
  • Copyright-safe horse texture and chests open 90 degrees by ZeDique la Ruleta;
  • Mushroom by Debiankaios;
  • Blackstone by debian44;
  • Bubble column by j45;
  • Whirlpools by j1233;
  • Sweet Berries by TechDudie;
  • Polish translation by Marcin Serwin;
  • APIs by AFCMS, Elias Åström, Elias Fleckenstein, jordan4ibanez;
  • Banner pattern crafting preview by erlehmann and li0n;
  • Nether portals v3 by kay27.
Numerous fixes of crashes, bugs, speed and stability: AFCMS, anon5, ArTee3, basxto, Benjamin Schötz, Blue Blancmange, Code-Sploit, cora, Doloment, Elias Åström, Elias Fleckenstein, Emojigit, erlehmann, iliekprogrammar, jordan4ibanez, kay27, Marcin Serwin, Nicu, Nils Dagsson Moskopp, NO11, Saku Laesvuori, Sven792, Tianyang Zhang, ZeDique la Ruleta, ztianyang.

Translation fixes: Benjamin Schötz, Elias Fleckenstein, NO11, pitchum.
Attachments
header.png
header.png (277.01 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
screen219.png
screen219.png (321.76 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
Last edited by kay27 on Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:23, edited 3 times in total.

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

Re: MineClone 5 0.71.5 Community Release

by c56 » Post

kay27 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 01:15
Delivery update!

As current MineClone 2 milestones made impossible releasing it till maybe September, let me introduce MineClone 5 with a bit changed workflow policy: no milestones, rapid delivery, merges by one approval, and no Minecraft target version limits.

Upgrading existing worlds from 2 to 5 is instant. Technically it is still MineClone 2 with extra mods and stability fixes. Some extra features of MineClone 5 might be incompatible with further versions of MineClone 2, that's why, please, try not to mix the worlds. Reverse running of MCL5 world with MCL2 game will give you many unknown objects, maybe it can be resolved somehow but please be warned: THERE IS REVERSE INCOMPATIBILITY.

MineClone 2 community needs your feedback not to sink in argues, what is good and bad.

The code base has changed significantly. There are lots of new features by lots of contributors. Features are adding right now, and it was hard decision for me to find temporary quiet place to stop for a while, test the code and release it. Now I shall list all the changes...

But before doing that let me mention Tacotexmex who paid for Mesehub hosting and did lots of amazing devops things. Now there is an OpenCollective MineClone 2 page - you can donate there, to support Mesehub and all project it hosts for now: MineClone 2, MineClone 5, Mineclonia, etc.

If you want to support MineClone - it's good opportunity to do that just by making some reasonable donation, Mesehub really needs it and MineClone too, because MineClone shouldn't depend of Github which is Microsoft which is Mojang, right?

What’s new:
  • Enderdragon spawn, bossbars, End gateways, End main island, End crystal beams, real maps, damage system, assist death messages, integrate fire resistance, totems, dispensers, critical hits, magic damage, proper food poisoning, mob descriptions, separate head / body rotation, armor stand update, clocks work in itemframes by Elias Fleckenstein;
  • Mobs API from scratch (AI, logic, spawning, neutral, walking, flying, floating, swimming, jumping, running, drowning, climbing up walls, walking up stairs/slabs, running away, cramming, breeding, following, punching, colliding, knockback, taming, teleporting, despawner, limiter, basics of head movement, sounds, death logic, red tint, animation) and collection sound tweaks by jordan4ibanez AKA oilboi;
  • Numerous mobs, elytra, bows, sticky arrows, models, animations, pushing, criticle and sprint hits, Ghast fireballs deflectible, textures, menu header, villager sounds by epCode;
  • Stripped wood, textures, cobweb protect from fall damage, cactus destroy items and breaks minecart, particles, overlays, Nether gold by NO11;
  • API documentation, code style improvements and performance optimisation, helmet protect from falling anvils by AFCMS;
  • Mushroom and blackstone by Debiankaios;
  • Bubble column by j45;
  • Whirlpools by j1233;
Numerous fixes of crashes, bugs, speed and stability: AFCMS, anon5, ArTee3, basxto, Benjamin Schötz, Blue Blancmange, Code-Sploit, Doloment, cora, Elias Åström, Elias Fleckenstein, Emojigit, iliekprogrammar, jordan4ibanez, kay27, Marcin Serwin, Nicu, Nils Dagsson Moskopp, NO11, Saku Laesvuori, Sven792, Tianyang Zhang, ZeDique la Ruleta, ztianyang.

i will try it (so that i can say i have been one of the first to try it )
if you want feedback
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
maibe add forest mansions
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

kay27 wrote:
Delivery update!

What’s new:
  • Mushroom and blackstone by Debiankaios;
  • Bubble column by j45;
  • Whirlpools by j1233;
Numerous fixes of crashes, bugs, speed and stability: AFCMS, anon5, ArTee3, basxto, Benjamin Schötz, Blue Blancmange, Code-Sploit, Doloment, cora, Elias Åström, Elias Fleckenstein, Emojigit, iliekprogrammar, jordan4ibanez, kay27, Marcin Serwin, Nicu, Nils Dagsson Moskopp, NO11, Saku Laesvuori, Sven792, Tianyang Zhang, ZeDique la Ruleta, ztianyang.

Cool, but blackstone is by debian44 and not by me. The mushrooms are by me.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 13:47
Thanks! Fixed.

BTW! If somebody wants just to check MineClone 5 without installing, you can join my servers, the only differences are: sethome & protector mods added, and the textures are temporarily replaced.

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

kay27 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 16:53
debiankaios wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 13:47
Thanks! Fixed.

BTW! If somebody wants just to check MineClone 5 without installing, you can join my servers, the only differences are: sethome & protector mods added, and the textures are temporarily replaced.
I join the server, i can do a Nether Fortress with blaze spawner only(now, later i can add more parts) and can fix the nether-trees. But first i must join the mineclone5 repository.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hello. Krock just sent a patch to me without giving any explenation:

https://krock-works.uk.to/u/patches/000 ... cies.patch

And Krock said afterwards: "also 'depends = mcl_autogroup' in _mcl_autogroup/mod.conf".

Mysterious … Make with it what you want, I guess.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 18:28
But first i must join the mineclone5 repository.
It's cool! Added you as a collaborator into MineClone 5 repo.
Wuzzy wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 20:19
Krock just sent a patch
Thanks you and Krock, the patch (ref. #8603) is added into MineClone5 repo, it will be tested there and then added to MCL2 as well, it's a bit complex to realize what it changes, hopefully it fixes mod dependency for real - I experienced problems with it.

I wonder what would be simpler for you - post it here or push by yourself? We miss you so hard, hope you are fine.

afred

by afred » Post

kay27 wrote:
Delivery update!
[MineClone 5 0.71.5 Community Release
Hello,

I fired up MC5. Where what kind of feedback and where would you like it. I may be able to test and troubleshoot. In general: It was kind of fun to have things in like nether quartz and such but in general it is much more buggy... I really, really, want all the cool new flashy stuff but right now, too buggy. I suppose you know most of this but I thought I would put it here as I did not see it anywhere else?

In short (yes this is a short version:)
Upgraded an existing MC2 .71 world (from MT download); running a Minetest 5.5 on a Mac built by Jordach. Usually play in server/multiplayer mode, but also tested using start game. To this point it has only been 1 client connected to the server.
Spoiler
  • Villagers disappeared: Dozen or so Existing from MC2 villagers some wanderers some cured (which had no faces), half of which had name tags. All had been traded with: After update to MC5 they were still there the cured still without faces, I went and explored (probably 200 blocks out) Came back and they all had faces; but I failed to check if they had their trades or even notice if they had nametags... Left again, This time to nether for a bit and did some stuff, came back to find that they were all gone.
  • Nametagged Mobs Despawn: I put some existing (from MC2) nametags from chests, fishing and villager trades onto A villager and squid, went a few hundred blocks away and returned to find them gone.
  • I have only 1 cow (the first one I tagged) that was Tagged in MC2 that has not despawned, it looks like all other dogs, villagers, sheep, etc, with nametags also despawned).
  • Cured Villager in MC5 Despawn: In MC5 I caught a zombie villager and cured him with golden apple. Once he changed, he had the black head (no face as seen in MC2 for me) and I think had a body; however, after a bit of trying to wrangle him into a room, he changed to hopping hrmming, floating black cube? Just a faceless cube no body. I put a nametag on it and called it "Ahead" (get it? a head??? :). With this one, I watched the name tag as I moved away. At what looked to be at (or near) the 100 block mark Ahead despawned.
  • Experience points disappear: I have a mending pick (from a librarian book in MC2). In MC5 when I get xp to mend the pick my XP bar goes to zero (from 30 once) and the pick seems to be fully healed. It did not have that much damage, but during a tour of the new nether, I must have broken at least 3000+ blocks and found it strange that this Mending Unbreaking 3 Eff 5 pick had no damage, and I could not get above level 3. I finally saw Every time I picked up nether quarts my XP would zero and the pick would heal. (same if I picked up mob XP while holding the pick).
  • Picking up soul Sand or magma block leaves bubble column. It is nice we have them but when I broke them they just left a waterlogged hole that still bubbled.
  • Still could not find netherwart; found the 'new nether biomes' found that the trees break the roof of the nether (yay); grabbed some mushrooms and the crimson and broke my roof back at 0,0. Worked great. Got the Netherwart block but there does not seem to be a way to turn that into netherwart. { It would be fun to reset the nether if anyone knows how}
  • Efficiency V not as good... at times? I may have noticed this intermittently on MC2 where sometime EF5 seemed to not work on a specific block until you relog, but it seems more pronounced in MC5 and it was variable and in the same session, where MC2 seemed to be consistent until you relog. EG: sometimes the Axe will not slice through pumpkins like butter, other times just fine; The pick always seemed fast perhaps even faster than MC2 (say instamine on most things but consistently slower on Obsidian (as is probably more consistent with MC).
  • Enable/Disable fog/unlimited render distance seemed wonky at first but I think that MC5 does not render the chunks you visited in MC2 until you visit them in MC5. Once you visit far off places again it will render them and this will allow the fog to be rendered as well (to obscure the render edge).
  • Boats? In my MC2 game boats sinking under moving water always seems to cause a server crash (multiplayer). I did not test extensively but the single and multi-player did not crash when exiting a boat that had sunk under moving water; (did not test with multiple riders).
Hostile Mobs: Again it was cool to see new mobs, but there were some... quirks. just a few examples:
  • Overworld (OW) zombies (from spawner) not hurt by swimming in lava. They just sit in it for hours. I do like their new aggressiveness.
  • Slimes and magma do not split. (but at least magma drops cream every now and then). And even big ones seem to not be hostile.
  • New Nether mobs: I am not sure what they were but what I think were piglings and hoglings were not hostile. I did not have gold on.
  • Better in MC5 Ghasts and blaze seem to work better in MC5. Spiders also seem a bit better (more aggressive).
  • Did not see many creeper or skeletons in the over world.
  • Skeleton and zombies did not seem to be pushed by water.
  • Less mobs spawning in general, especially in the huge nether caves. I used to constantly get blown up by creepers, or see Ender to go kill but now not so much.
  • Villages when they are there seem to be more determined to wander away from beds and doors (which they still do not seem able to open).
I would love to see all this implemented and it is fun to play with for a bit; however, eye candy without consistent functionality over time???

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

kay27 wrote:
Delivery update!

What’s new:
  • Mushroom by Debiankaios;
  • Blackstone by debian44;
  • Bubble column by j45;
  • Whirlpools by j1233;

I am a fan of MLC5 a lot new materials to build, more adventure, more challenge i really really enjoy playing it!
But i have a question, how does the elytra and the fireworks work?

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

BTW i have an idea to promote mineclone, it sounds a bit rare, but maybe promote mineclone in other games like, mineclone map in supertux2 or a mineclone track or kart in supertuxkart. What are your toughts about this?

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

gustavo1 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 09:10
BTW i have an idea to promote mineclone, it sounds a bit rare, but maybe promote mineclone in other games like, mineclone map in supertux2 or a mineclone track or kart in supertuxkart. What are your toughts about this?
The new warped trees look like the horrrormaps in supertux

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

a mineclone 5?, total revamp huh? sort of like H:R, but that is still just an original Game, as well

i'm still having Quite The Time, (Here), on MC2, but i will check the Official Site, for ways to incorporate This Exclusive MC2 makeover, or Here, on The Forums

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

DOOM_possum wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 00:08
a mineclone 5?, total revamp huh? sort of like H:R, but that is still just an original Game, as well

i'm still having Quite The Time, (Here), on MC2, but i will check the Official Site, for ways to incorporate This Exclusive MC2 makeover, or Here, on The Forums
Thanks that that you are intrested in this idea but this is not what i ment. Don't uderstand me wrong, this idea is also a really good idea and i like it.
I thought it more easy (i think its easy) like a mod in supurtux2 that changes tux into our character (you know the guy with the red shirt and the beard) and maybe the enemies in zombies and other monsters.
Or a track in supertuxkart, where you race in a typical MCL5 world where you race to all 3 dimensions, start/finish in the overworld, then around you changes the look and then your in the nether (where you can be shot by ghasts and the you lose tim what can cost you the race), and finally the end where you have ramp with boosts where you have to jump form end island to end island.
Thats my idea.
But yours is also verry good!

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

gustavo1 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 09:55
DOOM_possum wrote:

Thanks that that you are intrested in this idea but this is not what i ment. Don't uderstand me wrong, this idea is also a really good idea and i like it.
I thought it more easy (i think its easy) like a mod in supurtux2 that changes tux into our character (you know the guy with the red shirt and the beard) and maybe the enemies in zombies and other monsters.
Or a track in supertuxkart, where you race in a typical MCL5 world where you race to all 3 dimensions, start/finish in the overworld, then around you changes the look and then your in the nether (where you can be shot by ghasts and the you lose tim what can cost you the race), and finally the end where you have ramp with boosts where you have to jump form end island to end island.
Thats my idea.
BTW what i mean with tim, that is time

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

gustavo1 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 09:55
DOOM_possum wrote:

Thats my idea.
BTW what i mean with tim, that is time

gustavo1

by gustavo1 » Post

oh i said that twice, sorry

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

Gustavo1, Debiankaios and C56 please be mindful and do not quote the entire original message if there is no reason to do so. Please follow general netiquette.

debian044
GitHub: debian044
In-game: debian44 debian42

by debian044 » Post

kay27 wrote:

[*] Smithing table, ancient debris and netherite by Code-Sploit;
Is there a link to that mod? I'm interested.

Btw, thanks for using my mod in this game. :D
My mods: Blackstone
cdb_45f029b53618

debiankaios

by debiankaios » Post

debian044 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 05:19
kay27 wrote:

[*] Smithing table, ancient debris and netherite by Code-Sploit;
Is there a link to that mod? I'm interested.

Btw, thanks for using my mod in this game. :D
Yeah in mineclone https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... mcl_nether and https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/Mi ... hing_table

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

I was planning on making 1 modpack with all the mods for mineclone2 which kind of updates the mineclone game to the current minecraft version.

But idk if that is needed anymore.. or so..
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe