[Game] MineClone2 [0.86]

WarHawk

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.71.0]

by WarHawk » Post

is there anyway i can transfer an mcl2 world to mineclonia or mcl5?

NO11
GitHub: NO411
In-game: NO11

by NO11 » Post

WarHawk wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 01:36
is there anyway i can transfer an mcl2 world to mineclonia or mcl5?
probably yes. Just set the gameid in the world.mt in the world folder to the name of your mineclonia or mineclone5 folder.

chmod 000 -R /
GitHub: chmodsayshello
IRC: chmodsayshello HalloWarNiemalsHier
In-game: hallo chmodsayshello

by chmod 000 -R / » Post

I think i found a missing feature in mineclone 2/5, in minecraft you can change the way of rails just by using some redstone (See https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Rail# ... _component)
However, when I try to do the same in mineclone 2 or 5, all I get is that the rails continue their normal way and from the other path, it just puts me on the main one, I can not choose in which direction i want to go.

I don't that much about about lua, so I can't say how long it would take to code a mod for this, I just wanted that it is known that it exists in the "goal" of mineclone 2/5.

DOOM_possum
In-game: DOOM_possum

by DOOM_possum » Post

ooo wow, yeah, (ahh..):, ouch, That sounds like a problem, even if there were a MOD for an infinite world, you'd still run into weird problems with That, let's all, Then, just go ahead and HOPE It gets fixed extremely fast, ok? for the sake of anything worthy

DevScholar

by DevScholar » Post

How to search items in creative mode on Android mobile phones?
I'm using the latest version of MineClone 2 and MineClone 5 in creative mode on Minetest 5.4.1 on Android 8.0. I couldn't find the search button in the "Search Items" tab. Then I typed some text in the input box, but the "Search Items" tab page didn't work.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

You have to type in your search terms and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Oh, wait …

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

Hi :)

Is that expected that overworld nether portals match a near existing nether portal?
Thus causing to have several portals in an area of a few hundred blocs to go to one portal. And then the return trip is to one overworld portal. So no back and forth possible.

I think I have a bug also: I made a portal, went to the nether, and when going to the surface, the game recreates a portal in the vicinity. 1st it was in a mine. I broke the portal. Next return from nether, another portal was created on the surface above the mine. I broke the portal. Next return from nether, another portal was created next to the broken one on the surface ^^"
Is that worth opening a ticket?

OverkillTASF
GitHub: tyler-2
In-game: -TASF-Overkill

by OverkillTASF » Post

I've got a private server running on a Linode with good bandwidth, and seemingy enough CPU and memory.

On my laptop, which I think is plenty powerful, I occasionally/usually have just absolutely crippling lag immediately after connecting to the server, and the server logs lots of these:

```
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 166.137.146.144(t/o=0.208): from_peer_id=1, channel=1, seqnum=4222
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 166.137.146.144(t/o=0.208): from_peer_id=1, channel=2, seqnum=1401
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=1137
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=921
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=922
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=1138
```

CPU and memory don't seem effected. But the queued_commands pretty much immediately shoots up and actions in the game other than moving around take ages. It's not safe!

I'm on an LTE connection so it's not always great, but right now I've got 56ms w/ 35 ms jitter, 16.1 mbps down, 8.6 mbps up, to the server.

I feel like something is wrong with my world or something. I have no mods enabled other than the mineclone2 game. Minetest on the same server is fine.

How/where can I troubleshoot this further? I wanted to make this a public server some day but could never get it stable even for just me to play on.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

OverkillTASF wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 18:52
I've got a private server running on a Linode with good bandwidth, and seemingy enough CPU and memory.

On my laptop, which I think is plenty powerful, I occasionally/usually have just absolutely crippling lag immediately after connecting to the server, and the server logs lots of these:

```
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 166.137.146.144(t/o=0.208): from_peer_id=1, channel=1, seqnum=4222
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)RE-SENDING timed-out RELIABLE to 166.137.146.144(t/o=0.208): from_peer_id=1, channel=2, seqnum=1401
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=1137
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=921
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=922
2021-09-20 18:41:24: VERBOSE[ConnectionSend]: con(4/1)Possible packet stall to peer id: 14 queued_commands=1138
```

CPU and memory don't seem effected. But the queued_commands pretty much immediately shoots up and actions in the game other than moving around take ages. It's not safe!

I'm on an LTE connection so it's not always great, but right now I've got 56ms w/ 35 ms jitter, 16.1 mbps down, 8.6 mbps up, to the server.

I feel like something is wrong with my world or something. I have no mods enabled other than the mineclone2 game. Minetest on the same server is fine.

How/where can I troubleshoot this further? I wanted to make this a public server some day but could never get it stable even for just me to play on.
I have NEVER seen that error before anywhere: not at my laptop, not at my linux mt server hosting and not at my openbsd mt server hosting...

I think it might be your mineclone2 game folder then. Try updating it and use git if you not yet do so.

(P.s. ``` doesnt work on forum: use

Code: Select all

[icode]text here[/icode]
or use 'code' instead of 'icode'
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

OverkillTASF do you have something to monitor the traffic on your server or computer? Does it matches a few minutes of high upload traffic in your client?
I have such episodes and it saturates my 1Mbit/s (128Kib/s) ADSL connection. It doesn't always happen when I log in though. But it seem that a big share of the episode happen at that moment even if most playsessions beginnings are ok.
Even when not moving in the game and being alone in the sever.
(I have verified that it's Minetest that generate the upload traffic)

Does anyone relates to that?
Last edited by tuxayo on Fri Nov 26, 2021 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

OverkillTASF
GitHub: tyler-2
In-game: -TASF-Overkill

by OverkillTASF » Post

Miniontoby wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46
I think it might be your mineclone2 game folder then. Try updating it and use git if you not yet do so.
Holy server admins, that seems to have worked! I wonder WTH happened to my folder... or if it was a bug in an older release... I cloned master and that did it.

tuxayo wrote: OverkillTASF do you have something to monitor the traffic on your server or computer?
Yep, I would sometimes have that same thing, a ton of traffic from Minetest, though I want to say the client was doing more download than upload. In any case Miniontoby's suggestion above seems to have done the trick!

Nooooow if I could figure out how to lock chests...

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

by chef trip » Post

kay27 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 15:07
In conversation with my brothers, I would refer to MineClone 5 as MineClone: NG (or MineClone: Next Generation). The name accidentally stuck with them because it help to conceptualize the difference (newer features, new development style versus MineClone 2 more targeted and stable goals), plus it was a indirect Star Trek reference so fun all around. So maybe one forum thread could work if the users could identify which game they were referring to without numbers (leaving numbers to reference to versions exclusively, i.e. 0.71)
or how about mineclone 2 testing branch?
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain

bzt

by bzt » Post

I like "MineClone: NG" more, imho "MineClone testing branch" is a bit too technical to be a good name.

BTW, I wonder when can we hope for a new MCL2 release? I don't want to put any pressure on you, I'm just curious if there's something in the pipeline.

Cheers,
bzt

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

bzt wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 20:52
I like "MineClone: NG" more, imho "MineClone testing branch" is a bit too technical to be a good name.

BTW, I wonder when can we hope for a new MCL2 release? I don't want to put any pressure on you, I'm just curious if there's something in the pipeline.

Cheers,
bzt
More it's going more I think it depends on the "donations" we players would invest on their site to "support" their "motives" to give us something "free".....
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 14:55
More it's going more I think it depends on the "donations" we players would invest on their site to "support" their "motives" to give us something "free".....
Someone always pays for having servers online - it's how the world works and you know that. There's no need to be sarcastic about supporting free software.

Leun
In-game: Leun

by Leun » Post

So.. the project description under the git repo still lists MineClone2 as "Target of development 1.12 Java Edition" yet a recent commit by epCode adds crossbows.. which weren't added to the Java Edition until 1.14. Shouldn't that be added to MineClone5 instead and removed from MineClone2? or are you moving from 1.12 to 1.14? and if so please change your project description under the git repo.

Crossbows were added to the Bedrock Edition as experimental in 1.8 and fully implemented in 1.10, but since this project targets the 1.12 Java Edition, crossbows weren't added until 1.14..

Reference (scroll down to bottom where it lists the history):
https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Crossbow

epCode
GitHub: epCode

by epCode » Post

First off yes, you are right; crossbows where not added into Minecraft until after Mineclone2's target version. However, the reason that target version is there is to give an attainable goal, instead of trying to keep up with the Microsoft devs. With this in mind we add rarely add large features (like the crossbow) ahead of the target... unless they are a largely favored feature. Some of us devs have also made a few mods for Mineclone2 giving some more features from later versions extra_mobs being mine.

Also, I believe that the target was changed to 1.13, but perhaps it was changed back.

Leun

by Leun » Post

Do what you want, the time for me to stop using MineClone2 and move on to something else was long over due anyways. I don't agree with the directions this game is going, however, I'm only one player and I don't speak for the others on this forum. I personally feel that anything not related to 1.12 should be moved to MineClone5 and this project should focus on missing 1.12 content. Once all content is added to MineClone2 from 1.12 that can be added, then label MineClone2 as a finished game for the 1.12 era.

Just my thoughts, feel free to ignore them.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Leun wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 06:20
Do what you want, the time for me to stop using MineClone2 and move on to something else was long over due anyways. I don't agree with the directions this game is going, however, I'm only one player and I don't speak for the others on this forum. I personally feel that anything not related to 1.12 should be moved to MineClone5 and this project should focus on missing 1.12 content. Once all content is added to MineClone2 from 1.12 that can be added, then label MineClone2 as a finished game for the 1.12 era.

Aggreed...
Same opinion, here.

Jaen
In-game: Jaen

by Jaen » Post

Leun wrote:

I feel the same way.

epCode
GitHub: epCode

by epCode » Post

Hmm, I also feel in some what the same way, but I am not in charge, I would have rather all features like the crossbow be in a mod or a modpack, but I am not in charge. And since I made crossbows, they would end up in the master anyway if it was wished by Fleckenstien.

Leun

by Leun » Post

I'll still use Minetest for non-Minecraft related gaming, but since I still have my Minecraft account, I'll use MultiMC to download an instance of 1.12.2 which never updates and just play that when I want to play Minecraft from now on.

Sorry to see new devs to Mineclone2 destroy this project.. really miss the days when Wuzzy handled it. This is my last post on this thread. It really bugs me when you add 1.14 content to a 1.12 game, so I can't for sake of my sanity read anymore of this sad thread. You can reply, but I won't be reading it. Goodbye.

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

by chef trip » Post

Leun wrote:

seems pretty logical to me. meanwhile, mineclonia, builds on the base of MCL2, and when the next target for Mineclone gets decided on, those additions from Mineclonia can be merged.

to answer a previous post, a few messages back(markodon), about the difference between MCL2 and Mineclonia, it's just Mineclone 2 but without the restrictions of adding elements from later versions of Minecraft, which is targeting 1.12(or 1.13). both projects make sense and are complementary imo, since there might be dozens of little things from later versions of minecraft which are relatively easy to add, and some people can get to work on that right away and it will be tested and ready by the time the upstream Mineclone 2/5 whatever moves towards its next target.
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Hi, I'm just randomly jumping into this discussion again. Quick reminder: I only chose the 1.12 version as a target initially because I wanted a static, non-moving goal. If my goal was "whatever the latest Minecraft version is", that would have been much more stressful to me as I had to chase a moving target. Also, choosing 1.12 was completely arbitrary, it was just the latest version back in the day when I started this. (or was is 1.11? I don't remember lol).
Apart from that, there is no real logical reason why I chose that version specifically, so you don't have to feel weird for not insisting on it. ;-)
I think the REAL goal of any game project, including clones, should be to produce a good end result that is worth playing.

Also, I had the idea that I ever “complete” 1.12 one day, I might move on with later versions.
But even when I was developing this, I occassionally broke my rule, usually for "easy" features like new decorative blocks. But as you all know, I eventually just became bored and wanted to move on with more exciting projects.