[Game] VoxeLibre (formerly known as MineClone2) [0.86]

AFCM
GitHub: AFCMS
IRC: AFCM
In-game: AFCM

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.67.2]

by AFCM » Post

This game is really amazing, but there are some problems :
  • Mapgen is very bad ; there are many blocks in air and caverns are not like MC, breaking mining way
  • Villages are missing, making game more hard
  • Mob spawning isn't like MC at all : let's try to do a creeper farm...
  • There is not any documentation about API added by MCL2
  • There is not any documentation about how to register sword, pick, armor properly (I did not succeed to make a simple pick : I cant understand why my pick break stone as slowly as hand... (with copy code of diamond pick)
I think we should do a wiki for the last two points.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AFCM wrote: Villages are missing, making game more hard
Well, they exist to a degree, just won't spawn naturally. The Solo Un Altro Clone server has one placed manually close to spawn, and if you dig a special piece of gravel, villagers will spawn. Sadly, they're still very far from their MC counterparts.

If you want better villages, take my mg_villages mod. It can deal with MCL2 as well and place nice villages - diffrent from the MC ones and without mobs spawning in them. I don't like the MC villages much because their buildings where so poor in the past. That improved a bit with a more recent release, but it's still not what I expect from a village.
A list of my mods can be found here.

bzt

by bzt » Post

Hi Wuzzy,

I was away, sorry that I haven't responded earlier. I'd like to say a very big thank you for the latest updates. Potions are enchanting table are awesome!

Thank you!
bzt

Noodlemire
GitHub: Noodlemire
In-game: Noodlemire

by Noodlemire » Post

Has anyone else had this happen to them when using an eye of ender? I can't find anything stronghold-related outside of this tiny little square. And it is definitely meant to be a stronghold; that eye really wants to go here.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2020-10-03 17-05-24.png
Screenshot from 2020-10-03 17-05-24.png (453.52 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

goats

by goats » Post

Noodlemire wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 22:32
Has anyone else had this happen to them when using an eye of ender?
Yes, this is what was happening in my last game in v 0.66.2. The entire space was filled with stone and ores, most of the stronghold structure was not there, and there was only one portal frame piece. I ended up rebuilding it myself using /give and then placing the eyes. I didn't see a point in trying to move far enough away to try and find another stronghold, assuming it would be broken also.

Some versions prior to that when i played, the stronghold was half full of lava source, but that was merely amusing. I believe the strongholds were mostly intact and functional prior to that, aside from once there were some excess lava sources other than the ones which should be in each of the four corners.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Sadly, I have not yet been able to figure out why the end portal shrine fails to generate properly. It's something that started to happen with recent Minetest versions for some reason. It worked in older Minetest versions.

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 13:51
AFCM wrote: Villages are missing, making game more hard
Well, they exist to a degree, just won't spawn naturally. The Solo Un Altro Clone server has one placed manually close to spawn, and if you dig a special piece of gravel, villagers will spawn. Sadly, they're still very far from their MC counterparts.

If you want better villages, take my mg_villages mod. It can deal with MCL2 as well and place nice villages - diffrent from the MC ones and without mobs spawning in them. I don't like the MC villages much because their buildings where so poor in the past. That improved a bit with a more recent release, but it's still not what I expect from a village.
Could you consider making a Light Version of your Villages MOD, instead?
Because, as far as I have noticed, MC villages are rather more simple than MT-Villages, after all.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:03
Sadly, I have not yet been able to figure out why the end portal shrine fails to generate properly. It's something that started to happen with recent Minetest versions for some reason. It worked in older Minetest versions.
Then, why not going back to the previous Minetest version where everything was working and keep on using this version for MineClone2? I would not mind if I had to use one specific version of Minetest to play MineClone.
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

I edited this post. Slime block support is added to current version of MineClone 2 as a minor bugfix. So, would somebody mind telling me a simple recipe of some flying machine, just to get started?
Last edited by kay27 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

goats

by goats » Post

Sokomine's Villages mod supports MCL2.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

JiCeyCraft wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 06:12
Then, why not going back to the previous Minetest version where everything was working and keep on using this version for MineClone2? I would not mind if I had to use one specific version of Minetest to play MineClone.
If you explore the issue tracker you'd see 50 opened issues marked as 'needs engine change'. You'd just kill the last chance for them to be implemented/fixed, doing that... I like MCL2 for its freshness (quit the supporting of 0.4 with multicraft and iphones at all). When I'll done with flying machines I'll try to understand what's happened if somebody won't do that before...

Update: FIRST FLIGHT: youtu.be/oWEnF1aKuV4!
Attachments
screen191.png
screen191.png (197.82 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
screen190.png
screen190.png (268.93 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

hello wuzzy,
i made a semi automatic tree farm but for some reason when pistons crush the leaves they don't drop saplings, which makes the farm extremely inefficient.
is this a bug?

AFCM

by AFCM » Post

Hi, everyone,
I want to make a pick more powerful than diamond, but I can't understand how to register a pick.
With my code, the pick is more efficient with dirt than stone...

Code: Select all

minetest.register_tool("pala_tools:pick_paladium", {
	description = "Paladium Pickaxe",
	_doc_items_longdesc = pickaxe_longdesc,
	inventory_image = "pala_tools_paladiumpick.png",
	wield_scale = wield_scale,
	groups = { tool=1, pickaxe=1, dig_speed_class=5},
	tool_capabilities = {
		-- 1/1.2
		full_punch_interval = 0.83333333,
		max_drop_level=5,
		groupcaps={
			pickaxey_dig_diamond = {times=2, uses=4999, maxlevel=0},
		},
		damage_groups = {fleshy=6.5},
		punch_attack_uses = 4999,
	},
	sound = { breaks = "default_tool_breaks" },
})
Can someone help me ?
It is the code of diamond pick.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

@AFCM: I'm sorry, the addition of new pickaxes and other digging tools is not supported. This is because of the unique way in which MCL2 handles digging groups.

@WarHawk: A more precise explanation would be nice.

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

the tree farm uses bonemeal to make the tree grow then pushes the wood out using pistons and the wood is blown up with tnt. in minecraft versions of the farm the leaves are crushed by pistons, which means sticky pistons with wood in front of them push the wood into the leaves crushing it. this does that fine but does not drop any saplings or apples like it should in minecraft.

WarHawk

by WarHawk » Post

hope that makes sense

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:32
@AFCM: I'm sorry, the addition of new pickaxes and other digging tools is not supported. This is because of the unique way in which MCL2 handles digging groups.
If I understand correctly - it means, it has to be added to MineClone2/mods/CORE/_mcl_autogroup/init.lua too and there's no easy way to do that from the mod, but for themselves why not just to patch it, adding any materials desired...

AFCM

by AFCM » Post

@Wuzzy Is it possible to had a way to register custom tools to the game ?? One of the main power of mc is mods and many minecrafts mods add aditional tools. I think mods are important for mcl.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Noodlemire wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 22:32
Has anyone else had this happen to them when using an eye of ender? I can't find anything stronghold-related outside of this tiny little square. And it is definitely meant to be a stronghold; that eye really wants to go here.
Could you please check the fix?
IDK why it could happen but as it looks very similar to map generation conflict I tried to require full area generation before generating the stronghold... IDK if it correct or not :) it's kinds quick fix so I did it in my fork, https://git.minetest.land/kay27/MineClone2
Looks okay at 1st glance (screenshot attached)
Attachments
screenshot_20201014_172145.png
screenshot_20201014_172145.png (636.93 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

goats

by goats » Post

The screenshot is definitely normal. I'll see if i can take the code for a spin. I was just looking at this recently and indeed, it isn't a problem until the 5.3.0 version of the engine.

Edit: 100% effective. Temple and portal structures fully intact, silverfish spawner, lava in the corners, bars in the windows. Only minor thing, and not one i would care about, is that none of the portalframes come with an eye. (It seemed that they decreased over versions anyway. AFAIK they are supposed to be filled to some extent randomly, but 1 was the most i had seen since the first couple versions where portals/shrines were in mapgen. Back then i saw 3 sometimes.) It could be that this randomly came with none, but i'll check further.

Nice fix. :)

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@goats, thank you so much, I add the fix to the master branch.
What for the number of eyes I'll take a look a bit later :) I found one and only one, several times

goats

by goats » Post

Yes, one is the usual for a long time. I went looking for another shrine, and it had no eyes as well. But the interesting thing is that the floor of the shrine was at ~-22 instead of one node above bedrock max y. I have never seen that before. (i was going crazy looking for it, lol.) is that normal? the shrine might be in the second "ring" (c. -4600,y,-3200) if that makes a difference.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

According the code,

Code: Select all

if superflat then
	y = mcl_vars.mg_bedrock_overworld_max + 3
else
	y = pr:next(mcl_vars.mg_bedrock_overworld_max+1, mcl_vars.mg_overworld_min+48)
end
as we don't consider superflat by default anymore, we have what we have... IDK do we need to fix it? I see time to time their ceilings right through the ocean :)

I explored the code and then explored several strongholds in my test world to make sure, and yes, I found one with two eyes, and I didn't find any with no eyes:
Isn't it okay, more or less?
Attachments
screen195.png
screen195.png (829.3 KiB) Viewed 1642 times

goats

by goats » Post

I think it's all ok, as long as the structure and portalframes generate. :)

I've never gone looking for multiple portal shrines before, it was simply that all 5-6 times i have ever gone to one, it was at bedrock. I have no reason to believe it couldn't be on the surface, for all i know. As for the eyes --- pfft, as long as the portalframes are there, i don't see an issue. I only mention things as i don't know how MC handles these things, or whether MCL2 cares about close mimicry in these instances, but some people seem to have serious issues with how MCL2 implements some thing or other. Whether we care about that is also a completely different ball of wax. ;)

P.S. Completely aside, i find that flat mapgen with hills and lakes actually works in 5.3.0. Never got it to work in 5.2.0, and wasn't overly interested in it anyway, but that seems to be more "minecraft-like" for people who are scared of v7 and other mapgens when playing MCL2. (P.P.S. - the hill and lake generation are adjustable in advanced settings under mapgen, in case anyone is interested.)

kay27

by kay27 » Post

IDK why but I like experience implementation in Crafter... I adopted this mod for MineClone2.

2nd picture is partial result which I got when I tried to run /xp but didn't check the magnet :) Now this effect of xmas tree is impossible I think, the photo is just for memory :) Further bugreports are very welcome.

P. S. My servers already contain it :)

Upd. Fixed some problems with xp: corrected the values; removed orbs dropping for iron and golden ores; rewritten /xp command entirely; supported fishing and nether quartz ore; tried to speedup the process of gathering orbs.
If somebody will meet Wuzzy - please ask what he is thinking about merging it :) Your opinion would be important too.

Upd.2. Added enchanting from Crafter as well. Now I should realize how it works. Enchanting table looks like a block of obsidian, but it works. It's amazing.
Attachments
screen199.png
screen199.png (213.57 KiB) Viewed 1642 times
screen198.png
screen198.png (54.42 KiB) Viewed 1642 times